PDA

View Full Version : Complete Loadstar files needed for P3d

gray eagle
May 9th, 2017, 17:54
Since I've crossed over to P3d, I need to know what Loadstar files I need to bring it up to speed, (Latest and greatest).
I have bits and pieces of older Loadstar files and older versions that I used for FSX but after looking at all those files, I am
a little confused and want to start out with a fresh, complete Loadstar install. I'm hoping there is one file that has all the fixes
and updates included, if not, I would appreciate knowing what I need to start out with and all the subsequent updates that I need.

Appreciate it. :encouragement:

Portia911
May 9th, 2017, 18:15
<sigh> you know, there is a P3D forum custom-made for questions like this.

falcon409
May 9th, 2017, 18:58
I have noticed in the past that you do your best to redirect P3D users to their own Forum and it's commendable but futile, lol.

Prepar3D Forum is not what I would consider a highly active Forum. Some questions can sit there for days before anyone wanders in over there to wipe the dust off and see what's happening, lol. Take a look at the first page of threads and you'll see it cover almost a full month. On the other hand, the FSX Forum's front page is full of threads and posts from "today".

The FSX Forum has been "The Place" to congregate. . .everyone knows that and they know if they post a question here, it will most likely get a quick answer. Not so on the P3D Forums. Sadly, try as you might, it's inevitable that those with P3D questions will most likely post them here, get the answer they seek and be on their way. . .all in the same day. "That Other Forum" just doesn't work near that fast.

blanston12
May 9th, 2017, 20:17
I would not want to do anything FSX off-topic like telling this individual that the file he is looking for is the normal FSX load star by Milton that he can find here

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/96038-FSX-Only-Lockheed-Lodestar-L-18-C-57-C60A

wombat666
May 10th, 2017, 00:28
The 'FSX' Lodestar and Ventura both work fine in P3D3.
Just run all the files into a dummy FSX folder and drop them into P3D.
Too easy.
:encouragement:

Portia911
May 10th, 2017, 01:55
I have noticed in the past that you do your best to redirect P3D users to their own Forum and it's commendable but futile, lol.

Guilty, Falcon lol.
I try to do so politely and sparingly - and I can see why y'all come back here and how the P3D crowd benefit. But please spare a thought every now and then for those of us who are happily running FSX (or FSX :SE) and have no desire to move to P3D. The volume of P3D content that is of low or no value to otherwise satisfied FSX users here just gets frustrating some times. :banghead:

falcon409
May 10th, 2017, 03:29
Guilty, Falcon lol.
I try to do so politely and sparingly - and I can see why y'all come back here and how the P3D crowd benefit. But please spare a thought every now and then for those of us who are happily running FSX (or FSX :SE) and have no desire to move to P3D. The volume of P3D content that is of low or no value to otherwise satisfied FSX users here just gets frustrating some times. :banghead:
Understood! lol

gray eagle
May 10th, 2017, 03:40

Prepar3D Forum is not what I would consider a highly active Forum. Some questions can sit there for days before anyone wanders in over there to wipe the dust off and see what's happening, lol. Take a look at the first page of threads and you'll see it cover almost a full month. On the other hand, the FSX Forum's front page is full of threads and posts from "today".

The FSX Forum has been "The Place" to congregate. . .everyone knows that and they know if they post a question here, it will most likely get a quick answer. Not so on the P3D Forums. Sadly, try as you might, it's inevitable that those with P3D questions will most likely post them here, get the answer they seek and be on their way. . .all in the same day. "That Other Forum" just doesn't work near that fast.

You hit the nail on the head and expressed why the P3D posts sometimes are here instead of on P3d, the questions hang there for quite some time unlike here.
That's why I asked the question here. People out there look at stuff I post here and roll their eyes (an sigh) ^ and wonder why I didn't post to P3d.

Anyway, that thread you mentioned, has so many pages of "oh by the way" posts with little patches attached and wonder if I had to farm those in to or if they were included in
complete redos (updates). I think I will just PM Milton and go with that and avoid further (sighs).

Thanks ED.

gray eagle
May 10th, 2017, 03:41

I know, and good morning to you too.

And to cheer you up, I PM'd Milton.

Have a "ducky" day mate. :biggrin-new:

gray eagle
May 10th, 2017, 03:52
The 'FSX' Lodestar and Ventura both work fine in P3D3.
Just run all the files into a dummy FSX folder and drop them into P3D.
Too easy.
:encouragement:

I know, I am interested in making sure I have all the files necessary to install.
It was hard to wade thru 100+ pages of posts trying to "keep pace" with it all.
I've asked Milton so no need to "bother" anyone here for that info.

Navy Chief
May 10th, 2017, 05:19
What!? You mean there are OTHER forums on SOH besides FSX? *grin*. :biggrin-new: NC

DaveB
May 10th, 2017, 05:39
I hope you get some luck with the PM Butch.

I don't want to pour water on it but this is what Milton had to say ref a question in the FSX native Beech 18 thread..

It may surprise you to know that I do not follow these upgrades that others have done (with permission) to my aircraft. I do not fly them; I do not fly my own except when testing. Too busy with new projects to actually enjoy the fruits of my, or others, labors. :-) Sorry that I can't answer your question.

Quite understandable;)
ATB
DaveB:)

gray eagle
May 10th, 2017, 06:57

I don't want to pour water on it but this is what Milton had to say ref a question in the FSX native Beech 18 thread..

Quite understandable;)
ATB

Hi Dave,

Actually, I did hear via PM from Milton. He sent me two links and I think that will help.

Penzoil3
May 10th, 2017, 15:43
Guilty, Falcon lol.

The easy solution of course, is to simply not read something that says P3D in the FSX forum. What happened to "be helpful instead of being right" ?
Sue

Milton Shupe
May 10th, 2017, 18:49

Quite understandable;)
ATB

Dave, as my referenced comment stated, it referred to questions about other peoples work and releases to my original aircraft. I do not provide research on their work or issues as I usually do not have what they released, and it is their job to support it, not mine.

I always support my original, unchanged releases. Never too busy for that.