PDA

View Full Version : 'Panavia Tornado'

Panther_99FS
October 8th, 2008, 08:49
http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.php?products_id=3253

Chris Sykes
October 8th, 2008, 08:57
"Puke" Dont get me wrong but that is horrid, and wheres the F3 model???

Still cant beat the IRIS Tornados in FSX

gajit
October 8th, 2008, 09:04
"Puke" Dont get me wrong but that is horrid, and wheres the F3 model???

Still cant beat the IRIS Tornados in FSX

I agree Chris - the IRIS and Alphasim Tornados look much better than those screens. Can anyone show any better shots?

Tweek
October 8th, 2008, 09:38
You'd think they could at least get the colour of the paint right. The grey on the F3s is totally wrong.

Although I'm still not sure about the flight dynamics of the AlphaSim Tornado, the models and texturing are far, far superior.

krazycolin
October 8th, 2008, 09:58
You'd think they could at least get the colour of the paint right. The grey on the F3s is totally wrong.

Although I'm still not sure about the flight dynamics of the AlphaSim Tornado, the models and texturing are far, far superior.

Thanks!

IanHenry
October 8th, 2008, 10:00
Has anyone tried this?

Ian

UKMIL
October 8th, 2008, 10:25
the AS version has some MAJOR flaws, which i offered to help fix, but was refused by the AS management. After all, i am a TORNADO ENGINEER of 17 years! so i know these babies inside out, upside down! the IRIS one is better, externally, but the AS has the better inside. the exterior of the AS onve has some bad errors

Vigilius
October 8th, 2008, 10:33
the AS version has some MAJOR flaws, which i offered to help fix, but was refused by the AS management. After all, i am a TORNADO ENGINEER of 17 years! so i know these babies inside out, upside down! the IRIS one is better, externally, but the AS has the better inside. the exterior of the AS onve has some bad errors

I'm just curious to know this bad error; the VC of AS it seems to me not too good

UKMIL
October 8th, 2008, 10:39
well, the AS has many, but here are just two. the Main U/C animation is all wrong, and the engine exhausts, and thrust reverse buckets are incorrect. there are a long list of others.

Nick C
October 8th, 2008, 10:42
UKMIL (don't know your name). Have you run into a chap called Mick Holland?

UKMIL
October 8th, 2008, 10:47
the name rings a bell, i am sure i have somewhere

Tweek
October 8th, 2008, 10:54

But I'm sure you'd agree that it's better than the AFS example, going by those screenshots! Certainly the textures are, at the very least.

UKMIL
October 8th, 2008, 10:58
yes the AFS is terrible. the F3 even has the GR bolt on refuel probe on the right side!!

Bone
October 8th, 2008, 12:56
I'm sorry to to break anyones balls, but I bought the AFS Phantom awhile ago and it's a joke. It uses the stock prop engine guages...they even say prop and torque on them. And since it has a suction guage, this is probably the only Phantom around that has a vacuum driven ADI. The flight dynamics are like trying to ride a unicycle on ice, and the sound of the engines is like 5 nuns scraping their fingernails accross a blackboard at the same time. Run away, run away...

The AFS F-4 panel:OMG

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj299/theBone11/2008-10-8_16-44-31-526.jpg

Quixoticish
October 8th, 2008, 13:22

Seriously Dave, you're beginning to sound like a broken record now. Just let it go...

UKMIL
October 8th, 2008, 13:56
Chris, no chance:applause:

Panther_99FS
October 8th, 2008, 14:33
Amazing how a thread morphs into AlphaSim related posts....:banghead:

Bone
October 8th, 2008, 14:36

Yes, it is.

Nick C
October 8th, 2008, 14:58
the name rings a bell, i am sure i have somewhere

He's worked on the Tornado engines since he left school at 16, as he's the same age as me that means for around 21 years. I think he's based in Bristol at the moment, as some sort of consultant from the RAF, working on modifications to the Tornado engine.

deathfromafar
October 8th, 2008, 15:10

LMFAO, you mean it is actually Pro Alphasim and not bashing. OMG, too funny. I would swear I am many years back in time of my IPMS plastic model days. Talk about bashing and rivet counting. LOL

noddy
October 9th, 2008, 00:34
Well I for one do not really care if the panel or this or that is not correct on the Alpha model. For me it is just perfect, I have always liked the Tornado so it was great that they produced it.

Just remember it is just a sim after all.

UKMIL
October 9th, 2008, 03:58
as i said, the panel on the AS one is good, much better than the IRIS. but the IRIS external is far better and has less errors. the AS external looks good because of the skins, but the actual model as too many flaws. For Payware, competing against an already established freeware IRIS it needed to be better, but it was not

Pultacatt
October 9th, 2008, 04:00
Yes it was. :costumes:

IanP
October 9th, 2008, 04:14
Ohhhhhh no it wasn't!

Ohhhhhh yes it was!

Welcome to the wonderful world of subjective comparision. :isadizzy::d

Ian P.

Pultacatt
October 9th, 2008, 04:15
:costumes:

Buddha13
October 9th, 2008, 11:22
Hi all,
I do not care.I am not a rivet counter.If it looks like a Tornado(Even if only vaguely),Flies like a Tornado then for me it is a Tornado.Only a few would know what the faults are and even fewer would care.
I cannot be doing with people going...OH My God it is the mark 99.9 and the pilots arse is in the wrong place.
If you do not like a product then do not buy it.
I am fed up with people bashing other peoples work.Whether it is freeware or payware.If you can do better then do so.Only then feel free to make comment so we can comment on your work.
Ukmil at least you tried to give a balanced view.
Tbone this is a thread for the Tornado not the Phantom.So your comment about the Phantoms panel is really irrelevant.
So before this becomes a full blown LETS SLAG ALPHASIM OFF again thread.Remember this Alpha Sims a/c may not be perfect but I don't think any of you will be turning your nose's up at the a/c they release free to the public.I know I don't.

Buddha13

Bone
October 9th, 2008, 11:41
Tbone this is a thread for the Tornado not the Phantom.So your comment about the Phantoms panel is really irrelevant.

Actually, it may be relevant to someone who was thinking about buying the AFS Tornado, that's why I stuck it in the thread.

You know, while you made a couple of points about other people being judgemental, you were being quite judgemental yourself.

Buddha13
October 9th, 2008, 11:51
Tbone,
You have to remember that the person/people who made the Tornado are not necessarily the same one/one's who made the Phantom.
By posting as you did you tarred both with the same brush.
That is not fair and that is why I said your post was irrelevant.

Buddha13

IanP
October 9th, 2008, 12:47
You have to remember that the person/people who made the Tornado are not necessarily the same one/one's who made the Phantom.

Having just done a little search of the net, I have not found a single "AFS Design" model that was not done by Andreas Meyer - therefore I'd say that the chances of it being the same person are, in fact, very high.

Ian P.

maguireted
October 9th, 2008, 12:55
I tried to fly jets but it is too difficult for me. Regards Anna

maguireted
October 9th, 2008, 12:57
I tried to fly jets but it is too difficult for me. Regards Anna

Tweek
October 9th, 2008, 17:53
So before this becomes a full blown LETS SLAG ALPHASIM OFF again thread

I think you may have overreacted a little! There's only one person in this thread criticising the AS Tornado, and you've just said he's tried to give a balanced view!

And anyway, with regards to the the actual subject of this topic, you'd be much better off with either the IRIS or AS offerings. Of that I have no doubt.

Panther_99FS
October 9th, 2008, 19:32
The thing is,
This thread isn't about IRIS or AlphaSim :mixedsmi:...

Bjoern
October 10th, 2008, 08:10
If this Tonka was freeware, I'd give it a go...the VC appears to be more usable than the one of the IRIS model.

davidbernard
November 13th, 2008, 07:58
Hi,

Today I tried the AFS-design Tornado. I gave it a fair chance, but.. I'm not impressed to say the least. Both model and panel are basic freeware quality and I've seen a lot of better freeware! The paintjobs are of very low quality. Maybe the designer should focus on AI aircraft instead. To me this is a total waste of money.

David