PDA

View Full Version : Hellcat strange start problem

dc10boy
May 8th, 2017, 19:10
Hi All, starting the Vertigo Hellcat has become a bit of a problem for me.
Frequently if something is just not 100% perfect like mixture full rich as I hit the starter switch the aircraft begins spinning around the prop axis rapidly and the screen turns red. this continues until I go to slew mode to stop the motion and reselect the aircraft in the menu. The only addition I've made to the kitty is to add the Carrier ops gauge.
Has anybody else seen anything like this?
Stan

dhasdell
May 8th, 2017, 21:35
I had this with the FCS Hawker Heroes Fury, but only in FSX and with a manual start. With ctrl+E or in P3d it didn't happen.

SSI01
May 9th, 2017, 05:24
Mine does the same thing in FSX. I can set everything up perfectly for a manual start using the starter switch on the right console - and the thing behaves exactly as you described. I had a similar situation with the Virtavia B-29 until, with help from this forum, I discovered you had to start the engines in the same sequence (3-4-2-1) as in real life. Unfortunately, the F6F is a single-engine bird and we don't have that option. Another thing that makes it go crazy is to drop the bombs and fire off the rockets before you crank. Not every F6F flew every mission with bombs and rockets - or even drop tank - attached, but the developer decided to set the thing up with all this stuff on it. To avoid crazy behavior you have to start the thing first - then drop/fire everything to get a bird that's clean/with drop tank only. If there's a place where you can set up load before you crank I'd like to know where it is - I've tried using the "Shift+2/3/4/etc" but can't find one. Likewise with repeatedly pressing "A."