PDA

View Full Version : AC500 Shrike - FSX Native WIP

Milton Shupe
May 7th, 2017, 12:46
Okay, off to a good start on the Shrike conversion, thanks to Bjoern for the kick start. :applause:

I have gear and cowl flap animations to add today before wrapping up the exterior model.

This one will require a few improvements as the original model has not been updated since 2003.

It will look decent before release.

magoo
May 7th, 2017, 16:09
Jeepers, Milton;

From my perspective down here in the oil change pit, I'd think you were experiencing somewhere between a tornado touchdown and a personal Renaissance..!!

It's quite heartening after all these YEARS to see your Aero Commander series reincarnate into a second-sim orbit. Format corrected direct from the creator's hands.

I think others will agree, this is most significant.

blanston12
May 7th, 2017, 16:48
I agree, and with so many nicely updated models its hard to decide which to fly.

ToniJH
May 7th, 2017, 19:19
Thank you for updating this good old Shrike. I have flown many flights with Shrike since i used FS2004, now i can finally roll it out from hangar and do some little fixes before takeoff in P3D :)

Bjoern
May 7th, 2017, 23:55
A day in and you're well on your way indeed. Impressive!

gribouil
May 8th, 2017, 03:45
YES!!!
Thanks for your work Milton... :ernaehrung004:

expat
May 8th, 2017, 04:40
Fast, creative and accurate work - an example to us all. :ernaehrung004:

Milton Shupe
May 8th, 2017, 14:30
A day in and you're well on your way indeed. Impressive!

Thanks everyone for your comments. I assure you that there is nothing magical here; just due diligence and lots of available time to get it done.

Actually, the mesh is really bad and I am spending lots of time improving parts, or replacing them. I had to replace tires and wheels as the mesh was so bad. It has been slow going to make progress but I now have the exterior done. This is one of those aircraft you want to stay out about 30 feet to appreciate :-)

So, after I add pilots and put in a few light bulbs, I will move to the interior. Since I do not have the original full interior, I am going to upgrade some parts from my 500 series. That should provide better gauge resolution and a tighter fit around the cabin. I will retain the original seats, floor and wall textures.

expat
May 9th, 2017, 02:25
Looking good! Was this the one that came with that nice wood grain panel?

Milton Shupe
May 9th, 2017, 08:42
Looking good! Was this the one that came with that nice wood grain panel?

No, that was the AC500 economy model just released. The Wood grain panel did not make that series as the model is slightly different. May look at doing that later.

PhantomTweak
May 9th, 2017, 10:45
That wood grain panel is beautiful!
The interior looks a lot like the Spartan Executive interior, too!
Great way to fly :)

I still have trouble trying to fit a flight or three in all these amazingly well done aircraft, but I'll get there eventually!
Thanks again for all the hard work you put into all your planes, Mr. Shupe!
Pat☺

Bjoern
May 9th, 2017, 10:46
Since I do not have the original full interior, I am going to upgrade some parts from my 500 series.

Didn't I include the interior model in the .zip?

Milton Shupe
May 9th, 2017, 13:47
Didn't I include the interior model in the .zip?

No but not a problem. I have completed cleaning up the exterior version of it, and deleting and replacing/merging the VC panel, ecu parts, pedals, oat, and compass from the 500. Should finish up the interior today. Thank you Bjoern. Greatly appreciate your help. :wavey:

Bjoern
May 9th, 2017, 14:17
No but not a problem. I have completed cleaning up the exterior version of it, and deleting and replacing/merging the VC panel, ecu parts, pedals, oat, and compass from the 500. Should finish up the interior today. Thank you Bjoern. Greatly appreciate your help. :wavey:

Just checked. The file is named "Shrike_int.obj" and is indeed incuded in the .zip file. But it's probably too late now and the cockpit parts aren't any different anyway.

As always, don't mention it.

Milton Shupe
May 9th, 2017, 16:34
Just checked. The file is named "Shrike_int.obj" and is indeed incuded in the .zip file. But it's probably too late now and the cockpit parts aren't any different anyway.

Bjoern,

My apologies; I went back to look and, sure enough, the interior model is there.

Yes, the interior model is different and better refined. It also has the vc panels and overhead, ecu better defined, pedals, etc.

Not a problem though. They needed to be upgraded anyhow. Wrapping up the overall modeling now but have a few VC animations to complete.

Should be into overall aircraft container package review Wednesday to get her ready for beta testing.

Milton Shupe
May 10th, 2017, 09:58
Ahhh, finally finished up the Shrike for FSX. Sending out to beta test now.

Turned out to be a much better result than the original IMO but it still shows its age.

Portia911
May 10th, 2017, 14:31
Excellent re-mastering (by the Master).
Really looking forward to this one. :jump:

Milton Shupe
May 10th, 2017, 16:17

Bjoern,

I took the time to import the interior model today and the mesh was as bad as the exterior for the VC parts. So, nothing lost there as I would have merged the VC components from my 500 anyhow. I thought sure the original had a better quality interior but it did not show up that way.

Thanks

Milton Shupe
May 10th, 2017, 16:18
So far, the beta is going well from first report. Fixed a few minor issues and awaiting further reports.

ToniJH
May 10th, 2017, 20:12
Good job, Milton. I keep watching your progress with this project.

Milton Shupe
May 10th, 2017, 20:37
Good job, Milton. I keep watching your progress with this project.

Hi Toni; I noticed :-)

We should have this out before the weekend if all goes well. Thanks for your interest.

Sundog
May 10th, 2017, 20:46
Looking great, as usual. :)

Milton Shupe
May 11th, 2017, 10:30
Thanks to everyone for the comments. Time to give her a try ... :wiggle:

Thanks to Bjoern, BendyFlyer, WND, and Delta Lima for their contributions.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=22657&catid=34

PeteHam
May 11th, 2017, 11:52
Thank you Milton and others who helped :applause: :applause: :applause:

Pete.

gribouil
May 11th, 2017, 12:38
Many thanks to Milton and his team!!! :ernaehrung004::ernaehrung004::ernaehrung004:

Milton Shupe
May 11th, 2017, 16:08
Thanks for the comments y'all :-) Remember this is a 13 year old converted model so its not great, but maybe you can find some enjoyment in her. :wavey:

modelr
May 11th, 2017, 17:25
Thanks for the comments y'all :-) Remember this is a 13 year old converted model so its not great, but maybe you can find some enjoyment in her. :wavey:

I'm sure she will get lots of airtime in my sim. Thanks so much for these Aero Commander updates, Milton. Really appreciated. :applause::applause::applause:

PhantomTweak
May 11th, 2017, 21:46
Oh WOW!
I did some touch-n-goes, slow flight, fast fight, steep climbs and some aerobatics in this bird today. What a JOY it is to fly! Smooth, responsive, but not twitchy, just a real pleasure to be in!
Thanks very much, Mr. Shupe! I am going to set up some mail routes with short hops and long hauls all over the place for this wonderful plane!

Have fun all! I certainly am!
Pat☺

semo
May 12th, 2017, 07:59
Extreme Thanks for these Aero Commander updates, Milton. I hope you found this a new process to keep you going,but first, enjoy your vacation. You certainly have earned it!

jmbiii
May 12th, 2017, 14:22
Thanks for another great one, Milton !
Downloaded, installed and now to take Bob H's Shrike and see if I can do the Hoover Loop ! :applause:

Milton Shupe
May 12th, 2017, 19:47
Thanks for the "thanks" :-)

Hope it will serve you well. :wavey:

Lonewolfee1
May 13th, 2017, 06:45
Hi Milton. Thanks for all your work on the Commanders. I have a question on the last entry in the Shrike aircraft.cfg. Is this entry an omitted texture or am I missing something? Thanks.

[fltsim.3]
title=AC500S AW
sim=AC500S
model=vc
panel=blu
sound=
texture=aw
description=Rockwell Commander 500 Shrike by Paul Saunders, Panel by Scott Thomas, Textures by André Folkers
kb_checklists=AC500_Check
kb_reference=AC500_Ref
ui_manufacturer=Rockwell Aero
ui_type=AC500S
ui_variation=AW
atc_heavy=0
atc_id=AW
atc_airline=Private
atc_flight_number=

Milton Shupe
May 13th, 2017, 07:29
That entry may be deleted; an oversight on my part.

Thanks

Lonewolfee1
May 13th, 2017, 13:28
That entry may be deleted; an oversight on my part.

Thanks

No problem. Thanks for clarifying.