PDA

View Full Version : FLIGHTSIM.com down?

SSI01
May 4th, 2017, 05:58
Three attempts to log onto flightsim.com this morning, none succeeded. Server down?

harrybasset
May 4th, 2017, 06:03
Just worked fine for me 30 seconds ago.

scotth6
May 4th, 2017, 06:09
Three attempts to log onto flightsim.com this morning, none succeeded. Server down?

Working here too. What message did you get? If it's a failed login attempt make sure your username is the only word in the username window. Sometimes the words "User Name" will stay there and surround your username and make it incorrect.

SSI01
May 4th, 2017, 06:38
Tried within less than a minute ago. Here's what I get:

"Error 522"

"The initial connection between Cloudflare's network and the origin web server times out. As a result, the web page can not be displayed."

EDIT: I should have explained I didn't even get to the login screen.

stovall
May 4th, 2017, 06:51
Works for me with the last minute. The issue must be with your server and not Flightsim.com Good luck. Just check a search for the error, it mentions this is a known issue with CloudFlare both free and pro.

SSI01
May 4th, 2017, 07:24
Thanks Stovall. Here's what Cloudflare's homepage has to say about this error:

"A 522 error means we were unable to reach the origin web server at all."

Now, not being a computer expert, I'm guessing "origin web server" relates to my web server - Mozilla Firefox.

It also says Flightsim's server might be overwhelmed at this time.

Since others have reported accessing Flightsim this morning, I have to believe it's on my end. I'll have to give things a little while to settle down.

BTW I have a couple of unrelated questions re: putting things on my computer (non-FS related) and about whether they are security risks. I'll ask in a separate question.

SSI01
May 4th, 2017, 13:05
It was on this end, guess it was my Firefox. At any rate, access is restored to normal. Thanks for the help.