PDA

View Full Version : Orbx Sale For 47 Percent Off

Aharon
May 1st, 2017, 06:23
Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Orbx is having 47 percent off sale even though I do not know which products.

So since I am totally new and totally clueless about Orbx stuff, what scenery or package do I need in order to be able to utilize and enjoy PAJN and PAKT sceneries, please?

Will Orbx sceneries screw up FSX and computer systems??

Regards,

Aharon

txnetcop
May 1st, 2017, 06:26
I wouldn't sell or trade my Orbx files for a million bucks. They have made my FSX into something I love to fly. I had one problem with FTX Global a long while back but Orbx is quick to fix their problems.
Ted

kiki
May 1st, 2017, 06:32

So since I am totally new and totally clueless about Orbx stuff, what scenery or package do I need in order to be able to utilize and enjoy PAJN and PAKT sceneries, please?

Regards,

Aharon

Great news, thank you!

You might want to start with Pacific Fjords and Southern Alaska. Have a look here: https://goo.gl/maps/bN9RRCz2y712

How good are they? Well, without Orbx I wouldn't be in this hobby anymore. That'S how good they are!

gavinc
May 1st, 2017, 07:17
Great news, thank you!

You might want to start with Pacific Fjords and Southern Alaska. Have a look here: https://goo.gl/maps/bN9RRCz2y712

How good are they? Well, without Orbx I wouldn't be in this hobby anymore. That'S how good they are!

Second that. I have most of the Orbx scenery (both full fat and Global) but I don't know why I bothered sometimes. I could spend all my life flying in the Pacific Fjords and Southern Alaska regions and never get tired of the scenery.

Gavin

Ian Warren
May 1st, 2017, 08:08
Two Australian Scenery's is in my sites, fortunate this has appear now , Wollongong and Cairns, new setup here so Ideal , be up and running within this Month, also put ups my foot back in the door since I have not had a ORBX product installed the new shop setup. :encouragement:

Roger
May 1st, 2017, 13:47
Just picked up all the Norwegian fields I hadn't bought yet.

falcon409
May 1st, 2017, 13:57
If those are the only places you'll ever fly that's one thing, but if you also fly many other parts of the world then Orbx Basic and Vector Basic are a must. With those two your environment changes completely over the default offerings.

Regards,
Aharon
Certainly not. . .it wouldn't be as popular as it is if that were the case. That only happens when the end user starts messing with things he/she shouldn't mess with.:biggrin-new:

Aharon
May 2nd, 2017, 05:33
Thanks all for kind replies and advices.

Regards,

Aharon

thefrog
May 2nd, 2017, 06:31
I hope the OP doesn't mind if I tag a question on to this thread: I'm thinking of getting FTX Vector in the sale. I've got Global and OpenLC Europe/USA as welll as several full fat regions and airports, but I've always held off with Vector because of conflicting reports in the forums about problems with VAS, FPS and airport elevations. Some users have them, some don't. I flew in Iceland recently using FTX Global and the coastlines looked like they had Vector applied to them for some reason (I could be mistaken obviously!) and that ran absolutely fine on my system.
Any thoughts please?

cavaricooper
May 2nd, 2017, 06:36
I run almost everything they make... no issues. Wouldn't fly without Orbx World!

Vector is indespensible... just select road detail appropriately for your system and run the configuration EVERY TIME you make ANY scenery addition/deletion.

HTH- Carl

glh
May 2nd, 2017, 06:47
Could someone post a link or tell us where the sale is taking place ?? Thank You.

ST0RM
May 2nd, 2017, 07:14
Could someone post a link or tell us where the sale is taking place ?? Thank You.

https://orbxdirect.com/

I picked up North America and England Land Classes to go with my Global and Vector. I wish they'd continue out East from the Rockies. So much territory left to cover.

Bjoern
May 2nd, 2017, 08:28
The global stuff plus vector and land classes would still clock in at over 100€. YIKES! :dizzy:

Aharon
May 2nd, 2017, 09:09
I hope the OP doesn't mind if I tag a question on to this thread

TheFrog,

Not a problem I encourage intellectual discussion on Orbx products. Keep asking more questions if you feel need!

Regards,

Aharon

jmbiii
May 2nd, 2017, 18:15
I moved to P3D just before the ORBX changed from purchasing from FSS. Consequentially I have eleven DVD's of ORBX scenery I cant install to P3D as I didn't buy them from FSS.
They say they are working on a way to verify other purchases so one can get a P3D installer . . . . . . but it's been over six months !
I really like flying their scenery, but in P3D right now I'm restricted to California. Bummer ! :sorrow:

alehead
May 2nd, 2017, 22:34
I wish their new shop system would show the prices on the top level... having to call up each individual scenery in order to see whether it is discounted or not is not customer friendly.

Andrew Entwistle

griphos
May 3rd, 2017, 05:57
Yeah, but almost all are discounted.

patful
May 3rd, 2017, 07:55
I just finished building my new rig, and was interested in their North American regions. Are they still planning to release the rest of the continent? When was the last release? Thanks.

Pat

ryapad
May 3rd, 2017, 08:30
Here is a product map:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/embed?mid=1oMki4fAslLZKQiCQIn2fNSvvzG0&ll=23.913177017039025%2C-108.22483874999995&z=3

vora
May 3rd, 2017, 10:05
I just finished building my new rig, and was interested in their North American regions. Are they still planning to release the rest of the continent? When was the last release?

They never planned to cover the whole continent - that's what OpenLC North America is for. Since the Hawaii project fell thru because of licencing issues there is no plan for a North American region anymore. Looks like they are diverting their resources to the new platforms Dovetail Sim and Aerofly, although FSX/P3D will stay their main platform. At least that is what I have understood from several posts of John Venema.

The last North American region was Southern California (SCA), released last summer. Their latest region is Germany North (GEN), which will be followed up by Germany South (GES). After that who knows?

patful
May 3rd, 2017, 10:37
Ouch! Thanks, guys. Love the look of those regions, but not enough areas for me. I'll probably wait out P3D v4, or install FSX with my old UTX/GEX/mesh. :frown-new:

ryapad
May 3rd, 2017, 12:58
Ouch! Thanks, guys. Love the look of those regions, but not enough areas for me. I'll probably wait out P3D v4, or install FSX with my old UTX/GEX/mesh. :frown-new:

As I like to say, buy an ORBX region, and you'll never go back!

Obie311
May 3rd, 2017, 13:08
What happens if you use LC North America without the Global Vector and/or Global Base? I'm too financially challenged to spring for the whole Ball o' Wax.

gman5250
May 3rd, 2017, 13:19
What happens if you use LC North America without the Global Vector and/or Global Base? I'm too financially challenged to spring for the whole Ball o' Wax.

It requires a minimum of FTX Global Base Pack.
Got to ORBX, product pages. They tell you what the requirements are.

roger-wilco-66
May 3rd, 2017, 13:48
In my view, beside the fact that it is needed for other products, FTX GBP and GV is a a huge leap forward on it's own alone!

Best,
Mark

Bjoern
May 4th, 2017, 07:32
How well woud Global and Vector play together with other landclasses?

Dimus
May 4th, 2017, 08:00
Haven't tried but I don't think there would be serious issues. When Global textures were first introduced there were even screenshots at ORBX website showing how it looked with UTX landclass. One should just make sure that if they use Global Vector, they disable any other vector product like the UTX vector elements.

On the other hand, the OpenLC products are not just landclass matrices. They include many landclass polygons defining detailed areas like parks, villages etc at their correct shape. They also introduce some additional textures I believe. It is the technique also used often in their region products. At least for Greece, for which I can compare the real case, this makes a big difference as you can recognize specific towns and villages along the way.