PDA

View Full Version : A humble apology...

lazarus
April 30th, 2017, 11:39
I pulled a full-on, face-plant fumducker. My apologies to Paul Dee, where ever you are, and unmentionable for making an incorrect attribution of the origins of the HH-43. In mitigation, the FS9 download I'd used was a bit short of documentation; IE: there was none, at all.
I should have, I suppose, pawed through 5 or 6 different data-bases of freeware spanning nearly twenty years and encompassing tens of thousands of files to find the originals; I did not. Mea culpa!
Another error, pointed out a great length and detail, was that after an author had granted permissions, I made the courteous and per SOP attributions to that author- in this case, the correct attributions. I found later, to my eternal chagrin; the author had decided after the fact and unbeknownst to this non-clairvoyant monkey, to change his conditions, viz, said attributions.
Fair enough, and his privilege; though I offer in mitigation that I am a miserably inept psychic. Try as I might, I've never successfully manifested reliable remote viewing, scrying, tarot reading, dowsing, telepathy or any other black or arcane paranormal abilities. One divorce attests to my miserable skills at reading minds!
I have been assiduously pursuing rectification, though the pace of said rectification has been deemed inadequate by the injured after the fact author.
If you please, patience is a virtue, and the down stream end of things is quite beyond my control. I have been something of a pest, I fear, in this bid to satisfy after-the-fact requests and changes. Accommodating moving goal-posts takes time.
So...sorry. Won't do it again, even if 'it' was un-specified initially. Sorry, I made a mistake. It happens.
I've never striven for perfection, a goal I've hewed closely too, an end I have achieved magnificently.
I'll try not to fcuk up, down, sideways, or otherwise at a bias, though I am equally certain I will fail.
I'm only a monkey, after all. God-hood, I'll leave to other, less capable hominids.

roger-wilco-66
April 30th, 2017, 12:23
I don't know what this is really about, but I think placing an open apology is showing a good virtue.

Even more so when it is packed in a delightful and well written text :-)

Cheers,
Mark

Paul K
April 30th, 2017, 14:03
I don't know what this is really about, but I think placing an open apology is showing a good virtue.

Even more so when it is packed in a delightful and well written text :-)

Cheers,
Mark

Read the 'delightful and well written text' a little more closely - it isn't an apology, but a tract of irony and sarcasm. Clearly the O.P. is not happy with said Paul Dee.

thefrog
April 30th, 2017, 14:07
Read the 'delightful and well written text' a little more closely - it isn't an apology, but a tract of irony and sarcasm. Clearly the O.P. is not happy with said Paul Dee.
That's what I thought as well

roger-wilco-66
April 30th, 2017, 14:26
That's why I indicated I'm not sure, and insinuate that it was written as an "humble apoloy".

Well written it was in any way :-) . A masterful rant encapsulated in an apology.

Sometimes I have an awkward humor, I must confess. Let's leave it that way.

Cheers,
Mark

DaveSHQ
May 1st, 2017, 15:52
Funniest **** I've read in a long time good on ya bro