PDA

View Full Version : Heads up: Milviz F-4E Advanced is out

Naruto-kun
April 28th, 2017, 05:05
http://milviz.com/flight/products/F4EADV/index.php

Enjoy advanced external flight models in FSX guys

Dimus
April 28th, 2017, 05:49
Plus a host of other features for accurate systems modelling and failures, the level of which is customizable. You will enjoy birdstrikes, flameouts, engine fires, landing gear failures and realistic skidding on the ground, accurate stalls and spins, with possibility to use the braking chute during the spin, just to name a few. It has been a pleasure and a privilege to have tested this. Highly recommended for F-4 hardcore fans like myself!

Bjoern
April 28th, 2017, 06:45
My heart screams "Yes!" but my FSX habits and wallet scream "No!". *Sigh*

awstub
April 28th, 2017, 08:24
I want to get this upgrade, but when I click the "Got a code?" link, it doesn't give me a prompt to add my discount code.
Anyone else having this issue?

scotth6
April 29th, 2017, 03:21
Funny. I assumed the Milviz F-4E was already an advanced model.

I couldn't get this if I wanted to as my Phantom is still stuck on vA1.161007 (October 2016?) and I assume that like the Tac Pack addon this latest addon will require an up to date version.

Oh well, I will no longer be buying anything from the responsible vendor, and I doubt I will waste any more time with Milviz either.

Dimus
April 29th, 2017, 05:16
How is it that you can not get the latest version from your vendor?

Indeed the basic F-4E is an advanced model. This takes it even further. Tacpack is not required for the ADV, it just makes it even better as you also have radar, weapons and battle damage.

Mach3DS
April 29th, 2017, 12:35
If you're on the fence, were going to do a twitch broadcast soon with some demo of some things along with just "plane" old having fun! More to come. This upgrade is AMAZING. Truly.

scotth6
April 29th, 2017, 18:28
How is it that you can not get the latest version from your vendor?

Indeed the basic F-4E is an advanced model. This takes it even further. Tacpack is not required for the ADV, it just makes it even better as you also have radar, weapons and battle damage.

Dunno Dimus, I guess I'm just lucky.

I'm obviously the only person that purchased the Milviz F-4E, J and S from PC Aviator. There seems to be no communication between Milviz and 3rd party vendors. To get the vA1.161007 update took about 3 emails and 3 weeks. And then not long after that version was obsolete due to P3D "Updates".

I have asked numerous times on the Milviz forum about my situation, and the answer is always "Contact PC Aviator". I must admit they were kind enough to supply me with an older compatible version of the Tac Pack addon when I purchased that and it did not work with my older Phantom version.

But I have written too many emails and too many forum posts with no result, so I for one will not be rushing to support either of them any time soon.

TuFun
April 29th, 2017, 19:00
I use to work on these maintenance hogs... pain in the a$$ aircraft. So much so I don't even want the virtual one. Give me the F-105 any day although the seat actuator was no fun to change either!

oldmsgt
April 29th, 2017, 20:51
Almost 6 years bending wrenches on the Phantom II, F-4D, F-4E and RF-4C as a Comm/Nav technician. Yes, she could be difficult to repair at times, but there will never be another like her. One aircraft that could do it all, fighter, bomber, recon, and any other mission you could throw it. I'll always love the F-4 and was proud to be a Phantom Phixer!

The Old Master Sergeant

TuFun
April 29th, 2017, 21:27
I remember when the F-4F models arrived, brand new. Cockpit was amazing in a pure state like that! They were painted in German paint schemes. The only other brand new aircraft I got to work on was the crop duster on steroids... A-10's.

"In 1973, under the "Peace Rhine" program, the Luftwaffe purchased the F-4F (a lightened and simplified version of the F-4E) which was upgraded in the mid-1980s."

Naruto-kun
April 30th, 2017, 00:06
Dunno Dimus, I guess I'm just lucky.

I'm obviously the only person that purchased the Milviz F-4E, J and S from PC Aviator. There seems to be no communication between Milviz and 3rd party vendors. To get the vA1.161007 update took about 3 emails and 3 weeks. And then not long after that version was obsolete due to P3D "Updates".

I have asked numerous times on the Milviz forum about my situation, and the answer is always "Contact PC Aviator". I must admit they were kind enough to supply me with an older compatible version of the Tac Pack addon when I purchased that and it did not work with my older Phantom version.

But I have written too many emails and too many forum posts with no result, so I for one will not be rushing to support either of them any time soon.

As one of the devs, believe me I am just as frustrated with 3rd party vendors at times. We send them updates the moment they come out but if the 3rd party vendor doesn't move to put them up there is nothing we can do. That said, the latest update of the Phantom now includes our own internal auto updater system in the AMS so it doesn't matter where you buy from, you can stay up to date with ease and we can roll out updates more easily.

awstub
April 30th, 2017, 05:22
I was able to get past this by switching browsers.

I want to get this upgrade, but when I click the "Got a code?" link, it doesn't give me a prompt to add my discount code.

IanHenry
April 30th, 2017, 07:22
JustFlight always provide prompt updates.

Ian

scotth6
May 4th, 2017, 04:38
PC Aviator have now updated the Phantoms (and Baron) to the latest versions.

roger-wilco-66
May 4th, 2017, 23:29
[..]
That said, the latest update of the Phantom now includes our own internal auto updater system in the AMS so it doesn't matter where you buy from, you can stay up to date with ease and we can roll out updates more easily.

I noticed that, and I think that this is a great and very useful concept.
Updating addons can be a nightmare, especially if one purchases from different vendors.

Cheers,
Mark

Navy Chief
May 5th, 2017, 12:42
I use to work on these maintenance hogs... pain in the a$$ aircraft. So much so I don't even want the virtual one. Give me the F-105 any day although the seat actuator was no fun to change either!

Egress Mech? We had B & J models at Patuxent River, along with Crusaders, Corsair IIs, Viggies, Skyhawks, Buckeyes, Talons, others....even Mohawks. I did same job in the USN, but airconditioning/pressurization & LOX was part of the job as well. NC

Navy Chief
May 5th, 2017, 12:52

Where do I get the code? If it was in a email from Milviz, announcing the ADV product, I no longer have that email. NC

Stickshaker
May 6th, 2017, 02:01
Where do I get the code? If it was in a email from Milviz, announcing the ADV product, I no longer have that email. NC

I would suggest contacting MilViz via the support forum. Or perhaps you have an older email from an earlier version of the F-4.

rvn817j
May 6th, 2017, 05:04

Chief - If this helps....my email was dated April 27, 2017. If your inbox is like mine it's difficult to find stuff after a day or 2! Yikes.

Naruto-kun
May 6th, 2017, 09:43

Contact Ois and tell him what your old email was and what the new one is.