PDA

View Full Version : Flight1 Skycatcher now free

ryanbatc
April 25th, 2017, 15:25
Fun little plane - works in all sims
http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=skycatcher

ryapad
April 25th, 2017, 16:06
Another free plane! I looked at that one a while ago. Looks like fun to cruise around in.

Roger
April 25th, 2017, 16:09
Thanks for the hu Ryan:ernaehrung004:

Sundog
April 25th, 2017, 16:28
I bought it when it was first released and it's been one of my "go to" LSA planes for a while now. I highly recommend it.

StormILM
April 25th, 2017, 16:28
Thanks for the heads up Ryan and thanks to F1/Skycatcher authors for making such a kind gesture. It is a quite stunning little model full of nice features and it handles well. It takes me back to my primary days in the 3 old C150's we used to have at our local FBO. Lots of fun!

kiki
April 25th, 2017, 16:37
Makes me wonder why some other ex-payware stuff is not now freeware (like Realair).

MustangL2W
April 25th, 2017, 17:11
RealAir will be forever missed for what they did. The Duke and Turbine Duke are just such great FSX Airplanes, but I'm sure everyone here already knows that!! I still fly the Dukes a lot

ratty
April 25th, 2017, 19:04
Fun little plane! Thanks, Ryan.

thefrog
April 25th, 2017, 23:42
It's a really nicely done aircraft. The screenshots unfortunately didn't do it justice, that's why I didn't purchase it when it came out.

gradyhappyg
April 26th, 2017, 01:36
Thanks for the HU. The installer is asking for the last 4 numbers of the card I used to buy it with, kind of a weird goofy way to do it.

AussieMan
April 26th, 2017, 01:56
You need to follow the link in the OP and read the instructions very carefully. It gives you links to download the aircraft and the key. If you got the bit asking for a password you just need to enter 1212.

gradyhappyg
April 26th, 2017, 02:13
You need to follow the link in the OP and read the instructions very carefully. It gives you links to download the aircraft and the key. If you got the bit asking for a password you just need to enter 1212.

Yes thanks Pat I got it was just commenting that having a install a key and password even fake ones is kind of weird for a freebie. Not complaining just saying.

Many thanks to Flight One and Milviz and Aeroplane Heaven for their recent gifts.

ToniJH
April 26th, 2017, 05:24
Works in FSX, but in p3d gauges are not compatible

thefrog
April 26th, 2017, 05:59
It works fine in my P3D v3.4.

napacon
April 26th, 2017, 08:44
very nice ...visually....my start up frame rates are over 80....with this model?? Single numbers ...??? Wondering why??..soo back in the back of my hanger...however thanx for a free plane..hope all enjoy this gift!!

ToniJH
April 26th, 2017, 09:03
It works fine in my P3D v3.4.
This is odd, i probably missed something. If i select Skycatcher in P3D 3.4, p3d freezes and if i watch windows task panel Werfault.exe comes, and if i close that exe, p3d crashes.

manfredc3
April 26th, 2017, 09:33
Thanks for the heads-up Ryan.

Just downloaded the two files, and made a text file with the instructions ;)

I am just getting back in to flying "low and slow" and this plane fits the bill just fine.

gray eagle
April 26th, 2017, 10:21
I installed it to P3D and got these error messages, did anyone else get these - is this a bug or what is the fix?

https://s12.postimg.org/ddal0qxtp/error1.jpg

https://s8.postimg.org/ckkrc67mt/error.jpg

As far as I can tell the file F1dataimport.exe could not be found. Once I click the ok's then P3d will load the cessna I selected.

gray eagle
April 26th, 2017, 10:22

Ah ha, that's what I suspected, see my post #18 ^

ksheadley
April 26th, 2017, 11:01
It is working just fine in my machine with P3Dv3.4. Only thing is it does not have any airports on the map. I may have to reinstall the F1 T182T to get the nav database going again. At least now I can run it in P3D after having purchased it long ago.

cavaricooper
April 26th, 2017, 12:00
Many thanks to Flight One and Milviz and Aeroplane Heaven for their recent gifts.

With the upcoming C-46 from AH I am eager to find out more about their releases. What wat the freebie they offered?

Thanks!

Carl

gradyhappyg
April 26th, 2017, 12:11
With the upcoming C-46 from AH I am eager to find out more about their releases. What wat the freebie they offered?

Thanks!

Carl
They threw in the F3F with the purchase of the Helldiver and upgraded the B-17 to include the G model for free.

jschall
April 26th, 2017, 12:25
I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but my 162 installation has no Garmin PFD or MFD.

The two instruments are "dead" on the panel - no clickspots at all.

Pressing SHIFT-2 and SHIFT-3 does nothing.

In the panel.cfg, the gauges are called up:
gauge00=F1_G300!G300 PFD, 0,0,785,1027,POPUP
gauge00=F1_G300!G300 MFD, 0,0,785,1027,POPUP

But there are no such gauges in the FSX Gauges folder (or anywhere in the FSX folder).

There is a F1_G300.gau file in the FSX Gauges folder, though.

Anybody else have this problem?

Should I try re-installing the Skycatcher?

gray eagle
April 26th, 2017, 12:55
I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but my 162 installation has no Garmin PFD or MFD.

But there are no such gauges in the FSX Gauges folder (or anywhere in the FSX folder).

Don't know about your missing files but I think I found another missing file that P3d was looking for and didn't find, neither did I. See my # 18 ^

thefrog
April 26th, 2017, 13:16

F1_G300.gau file is the only file you need and you have it in your Gauges folder. The PFD and MFD are contained within it.

Naismith
April 26th, 2017, 13:59
RealAir will be forever missed for what they did. The Duke and Turbine Duke are just such great FSX Airplanes, but I'm sure everyone here already knows that!! I still fly the Dukes a lot
As of now I am in the middle of a RTW in the normally aspirated Duke.

ryanbatc
April 26th, 2017, 17:01
If you can't see airports in P3D v3 see this thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/67jkyp/flight1_cessna_162_skycatcher_now_free/dgrufcg/

napacon
April 26th, 2017, 18:55
THE GARMIN YES ME ALSO ..HELD BACK TO GET REVIEWS I SEE NOW ITS NOT JUST ME GARMEN PROBLEM..FURTHER ITS A FRAME KILLER BEFORE I SWITCH ON?? MY FRs ARE OVER 80 GARMIN SWITCH ON?? SINGLE NUMBERS! DID D/L Twice one The auto D/lL Then From My DESK TOP..MANUEL.SAME.SAME RESULTS..... FRAME ...BELOW 8..THE GARMIN? NONOPERATIVE..WITH OUT THE GARMIN ON?? FLYS NICE GARMIN ON...NO WAY....BEGS THE QUESTION??? WHATS WRONG///CAN IT BE FIXED?? THNX!

Flyboy208
April 26th, 2017, 20:28
A most generous gift from Flight One ! Mike :applause:

jschall
April 26th, 2017, 21:16
F1_G300.gau file is the only file you need and you have it in your Gauges folder. The PFD and MFD are contained within it.
OK, so I have the gauges installed correctly.

Now, how do I turn on the Garmin PFD/MFD?

dmaloof
April 26th, 2017, 22:23
how do you open the key file or with what program. Can Word do it or wordpad?

ToniJH
April 26th, 2017, 22:54
how do you open the key file or with what program. Can Word do it or wordpad?
Select reinstall method in Flight1 wrapper, select the key file and give 1212 password and it should work.

thefrog
April 26th, 2017, 23:17
If you can't see airports in P3D v3 see this thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/67jkyp/flight1_cessna_162_skycatcher_now_free/dgrufcg/
Fantastic, thanks! All works now in P3D v3.4! Including the airports database on the MFD.

jschall
April 27th, 2017, 02:22
THE GARMIN YES ME ALSO ... I SEE NOW ITS NOT JUST ME GARMEN PROBLEM...GARMIN SWITCH ON?? ...THE GARMIN? NONOPERATIVE...WITH OUT THE GARMIN ON?? FLYS NICE GARMIN ON...NO WAY...WHATS WRONG///CAN IT BE FIXED??
@napacon:
I hope you found a solution to that problem.

May I ask, how do you turn the Garmin on and off?

AussieMan
April 27th, 2017, 04:13
The GARMIN works off the battery switch. Turn the battery on GARMIN comes on ..... turn battery off GARMIN off. Only works with Cold and Dark setup.

gray eagle
April 27th, 2017, 04:14
I installed it to P3D and got these error messages, did anyone else get these - is this a bug or what is the fix?

As far as I can tell the file F1dataimport.exe could not be found. Once I click the ok's then P3d will load the cessna I selected.

Can anyone that has this free cessna find under the gauges folder a file called F1DataImport.exe, I see no such file and P3d is looking for it. I installed it to a dummy folder and went looking for
it and it's not there.

I see that other P3D users here have managed to get this running with no issues.

This forum discusses same issue about the F1DataImport.exe file issue
http://www.simforums.com/forums/database-update_topic48690.html

thefrog
April 27th, 2017, 04:49
Can anyone that has this free cessna find under the gauges folder a file called F1DataImport.exe, I see no such file and P3d is looking for it. I installed it to a dummy folder and went looking for
it and it's not there.

I see that other P3D users here have managed to get this running with no issues.

If you follow the guide in the link in #27, that should do the trick. I did and it's all working now in P3D v3.4.

gray eagle
April 27th, 2017, 04:53
If you follow the guide in the link in #27, that should do the trick. I did and it's all working now in P3D v3.4.

I did a reinstall and found that file, it's all working now just fine. Thanks.

AussieMan
April 27th, 2017, 05:28
it and it's not there.

From those screenshots mate your problem lies in the path you show there. On your P:\ drive when you are doing the install delete the Program Files(x86) from the path and try the installation and see if that works.

gray eagle
April 27th, 2017, 05:56
On your P:\ drive when you are doing the install delete the Program Files(x86) from the path and try the installation and see if that works.

From what I understand :https://www.howtogeek.com/129178/why-does-64-bit-windows-need-a-separate-program-files-x86-folder/
Can't do that mate look at the path were P3D is installed, P3d currently is a 32 bit program therefore it uses the (X86) folder just like FSX does or any 32 bit program for that matter.
P:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 <<<<< The file structure includes (X86) where all P3d addons go including airplanes.

At any rate, the installer asks for the Flight Sim to put it on i.e FSX/P3d and installs to the flight sim you tell it to.

Bottom line, I reinstalled it and it's all ducky now. http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/aha-soft/free-3d-printer/128/Plastic-model-duck-icon.png

b24_witchcraft
April 27th, 2017, 08:01

Got the same message with the FSX version. I downloaded the c162 again today and reinstalled it with no problems or error messages at all.

Thanks Flight1 and MilViz for your latest free offerings! :applause::encouragement:

sbp
April 27th, 2017, 08:30
20 years ago I stopped buying products from Flight 1 because of their inane downloading hoop jumping. Trying to down load their Skycatcher brings back all of those memories. The downloader will not accept the 1212 file number.

:banghead: sbp

nomad13
April 27th, 2017, 09:37
I have a fairly modest computer, how is this plane on frame rate?

blanston12
April 27th, 2017, 09:41
To
be honest, I have a fairly modest 5 year old computer running P3d and when I brought in the 162 I did not see any significant impact on frame rates compared to other payware aircraft.

ryapad
April 27th, 2017, 11:24
I have a super low end computer (2GHZ, Intel Graphics, 8 gigabytes RAM) and did not notice a performance hit at 25 fps locked.

thefrog
April 27th, 2017, 11:31
There's only one way to find out for certain!:mixed-smiley-010:

jschall
April 27th, 2017, 11:33
May I ask, how do you turn the Garmin on and off?
I got my answer over on the SimForum:

"The 162 is not compatible with the FSX Steam Edition. No plans at this time to make it FSX SE compatible. I would suggest looking into getting the FSX boxed version or submit for a refund."

Naismith
April 27th, 2017, 13:34
Odd thing is, I'm running FSXSE right now and this F1 Cessna and it's all going very smoothly
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49588&stc=1

narah
April 27th, 2017, 14:06
Great product which i have simply never noticed. However this is the only aircraft where my FSX refuses to shut down and requires to be closed with the task manager. Any idea what might cause this ?? Best regards, Thomas

nomad13
April 27th, 2017, 14:36
I have a super low end computer (2GHZ, Intel Graphics, 8 gigabytes RAM) and did not notice a performance hit at 25 fps locked.

Thanks for the info.

Portia911
April 27th, 2017, 15:55
Only got the chance to d/l this last night, but installed without any issues and all seems to be working as it should. Then again, I'm one of the seeming minority of people posting on this FSX-specific forum that is using FSX. :dizzy:

Big thank you to Flight 1 for this gift. :applause:

napacon
April 27th, 2017, 17:16
honestly...like most all and for many many years..and thousands of planes,scenery ans all offered...when confronted with a problem that's beyond my control???? I bail out...to fly another day....i will never blame my machine? It was not broke a second ago before a ,d/l a model and its fine the second when the d/l is gone !nothing changed ..simple its the latest model in question ? Will not play busy box with my rig...those who get it??? Great,considering the variables in our equipment??? Amazing happy landings...please not dumping on no one..in fact a great plane..but not for me ... This time thnx all

Bjoern
April 28th, 2017, 06:40
The real one ain't sold anymore and now the virtual one ain't sold anymore. Now that's what I call realism! :biggrin-new:

(Thanks, Flight1!)

ryapad
April 28th, 2017, 09:23
Odd thing is, I'm running FSXSE right now and this F1 Cessna and it's all going very smoothly
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49588&stc=1

Works fine for me in FSX:SE too, but it looks a little different than that!:jump:

n4gix
April 28th, 2017, 13:10

If you installed FSX:SE as a "stand alone" then it is absolutely no different from the FSX:Box version as far as the Registry is concerned.

The only case where it will fail to run in FSX:SE is if you also have FSX:Box installed at the same time (side-by-side).

fsafranek
April 28th, 2017, 20:30
If you installed FSX:SE as a "stand alone" then it is absolutely no different from the FSX:Box version as far as the Registry is concerned.

The only case where it will fail to run in FSX:SE is if you also have FSX:Box installed at the same time (side-by-side).

Hi Bill.

In that case would you suggest installing to a temp location (or FSX:box) and bring it into FSX-SE manually? I have both installed for testing but use FSX-SE for the leisure flying.
:ernaehrung004:

n4gix
April 29th, 2017, 08:34
Frank, you could try installing it into FSX:Box and then copy/pasting the files to FSX:SE.

thefrog
April 30th, 2017, 00:46
I'm now looking for a Fairey Flycatcher to go with it:mixed-smiley-010:

zazaboeing
May 1st, 2017, 09:23
The real one ain't sold anymore and now the virtual one ain't sold anymore. Now that's what I call realism! :biggrin-new:

(Thanks, Flight1!)

Hahahahahahahaha LMAO