PDA

View Full Version : HTTP Error 404

Archive1
April 22nd, 2017, 14:58
Am attempting to download falcon409 tutorials on scenery design and get a "HTTP Error 404" message from Free Download Manager.
Any help out there?
Archive1

falcon409
April 22nd, 2017, 15:04
Am attempting to download falcon409 tutorials on scenery design and get a "HTTP Error 404" message from Free Download Manager.
Any help out there?
Archive1
I just downloaded one to test (I use Internet Download Manager). Nothing amiss that I could tell, download went quickly and the video and readme were fine.

Archive1
April 22nd, 2017, 19:36
Thanks for the rapid reply. I did download the first three clips, but when I went to download more today, got the HTTP error message. Huh. Will try again, but have used FDM for large Orbx files with no problem, tho' on occasion have gotten the same HTTP error message with stuff from SOH and Flightsim and have no idea why.
Will give it another shot.
Thanks, Archive1 (old...I mean old, flight surgeon),
8th sqd, 49 Tac Fighter Wing, Spangdahlem - Huns and Thuds

Archive1
April 29th, 2017, 19:04
falcon409:
Tried to use FDM again and got the same HTTP Error 404 message, but when I closed FDM, I could download directly from the SOH site with no problem.
So I'm good to go.

BTW- did you ever run into Don Sheppard 'Misty 34' (now Lt Gen Ret) in 'Nam?
-=dcp=- 49th Tac FW, Spang...later Korat.

Dangerousdave26
April 30th, 2017, 05:23
Download managers don't typically work well or at all with our library system.

They have a real difficult time with the permission system running on the library software.

Officially we will not support them.

Discontinue using the download manager and use the built in download function of your browser.

Archive1
April 30th, 2017, 18:59
Dangerous...
Guess I'm discovering that. But thanks for the comment. Have discontinued using FDM with SOH.
Archive1