PDA

View Full Version : Sextant Tutorial Video Part 2 - Following along on a flight

stearmandriver
April 19th, 2017, 13:28
Hi all,

This is the sequel to that first video tutorial on navigating with the sextant gauge. I don't know if it's needed since folks seem to be doing just fine with the gauge now, but I've had it recorded for a while and finally got the time to publish it. It's a flight from Christmas Island to Bora Bora, using only dead reckoning and the sextant. The video consists of an intro / explanation of the setup, then cuts away and picks back up for the various checkpoints, finding land, and the arrival. It's still pretty long, but I put the timestamps of each section in the description, so you can just watch one section until you understand, then skim on to the next etc... so if you don't have almost 2 hours to watch the whole thing (which I don't expect most people do) you can hopefully still find some value to it.

I made some dumb mistakes and did some rambling - it was late and I was tired, but I knew it'd be my only available chunk of time to record it for a while, so I pressed on. Bear with me ;-).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M-IJ7h0vQM&t=5456s