PDA

View Full Version : Best C5 Galaxy

Ganter
April 19th, 2017, 10:25
Good evening chaps,

Could someone please point me in the right direction for a C5 Galaxy version that is of type flown in and out of Greenham Common circa, 1983? There seem to be so many of them. This is for an FSX AI project I'm doing.
It would be of the type supporting 501st Missile Wings GLCM deployment to EGVI - Greenham Common - during that period.

Freeware preferably.

A thousand thanks in advance.

Ganter

Tom Clayton
April 19th, 2017, 14:43
Mike Stone did a C-5 for FS9 that may work for AI in FSX. I'm not sure if he had switched to the FS9 SDK when he built it. It won a Flightsim developer's award when it was released.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=search&fsec=0&fname=sc5a.zip

Ganter
April 20th, 2017, 09:50
Thanks for this Tom,

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work well in FSX. I appreciate your input. Cheers, Jim

Victory103
April 20th, 2017, 11:28
Why not just use the MAIW C-5A for your project, should be some retro paints out in the initial MAC colors.

Ganter
April 20th, 2017, 11:54
Why not just use the MAIW C-5A for your project, should be some retro paints out in the initial MAC colors.

Thanks for this. MAIW frightens me a bit. There seems a lot to learn and get right to get AI A/C flying correct vectors according to FlightPlans, etc.

The project involves having 2 or 3 C5's sitting in parking spots - static - so I didn't want to have to go down the MAIW route and the intricacies that that involves but, I guess it's time to knuckle down and get to grips with the whole thing. Thanks for pushing me over the edge!

Tom Clayton
April 20th, 2017, 14:09
Thanks for this Tom,

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work well in FSX. I appreciate your input. Cheers, Jim

All you can do is try it - if it doesn't (didn't) work, at least you got your money's worth! :biggrin-new: