PDA

View Full Version : win 10 and controllers

Daveroo
April 17th, 2017, 16:39
hey all,

im getting closer to my final setup for the room,but i went to explore another sim that needs the wheel/peddles/shifter.but thats not installed and its trying to use the flight gear,how can i turn off the flight gear,use the driving gear,then back again without unplugging and plugging all the time,i dont want to shove the PC in and out,i have plenty of usb plugs,but i cant find anything in win 10 to turn them on and off like we could with older versions of windows.

Penzoil3
April 17th, 2017, 18:55
Can't you select the controller in game ? "needs the wheel/peddles/shifter.but thats not installed" and how can you use something that's not installed ? It seems to be using the only thing available...

Daveroo
April 18th, 2017, 07:42
meant i need the wheel to drive the couple drining sims i have,the issue is,one of the programs,i have to unplug the flight controllers just to get things tyo stop jumping around on the screen so i can isolate things....i know i dont make muuch sense sometimes,,,but i know what i mean...lol

Penzoil3
April 18th, 2017, 12:39
I have all my flight controllers running through one powered USB hub. For those few touchy games where I needed to unplug them, I only had to touch one cord, from the hub to the computer. Mine unplugs at the hub end too, so it's readily accessible on the desktop.Had a few shooters where I couldn't quit spinning and use the keyboards with the FS stuff plugged in. Thankfully, those games have been patched. As long as I used the same USB port on the computer, my assignments stayed the same in sim.
You can still turn the computer USB hub off in device manager in W-10 BTW.
Sue

Daveroo
April 18th, 2017, 13:54
thank you Sue.saw a video a bit ago where the guy said he was testing his famring simulator 2017 with out a wheel or anything but his flight controllers connected,and he had the same issue.