PDA

View Full Version : Iris T-6 Texan II lights will not come on...

Navy Chief
April 16th, 2017, 13:30
Although I have external light selected to ON, they will not display. All internal lights work fine. Any help? I have tried everything I know so far. Nothing works. NC

RobM
April 16th, 2017, 17:23
Gee, there's a plane I haven't flown for a long time. Iris released two versions of this plane. On the later version, loading into
FSX with DX10 off, for me, the Iris loads ready to fly with all external lights on and showing.

Are you trying to start cold and dark? If so, when you go into shift+1 and tick the ready to fly option, do all the external lights
come on and show then?

Thanks - Rob

Navy Chief
April 16th, 2017, 17:49
Am starting flights with engine running, but will double check and report back. Thanks. NC

Navy Chief
April 17th, 2017, 11:51
Nope. Still no workee. NC

RobM
April 17th, 2017, 17:17
Sorry, I'm out of suggestions then. The Texan II's external lights are working fine on my install.

Just a thought though. It seems like something is running interference, but only on this plane (I assume the external lights
on your other aircraft are working ok). Are you using DX10? I've read that can cause problems with lighting on certain aircraft.

I guess you could try uninstalling/reinstalling the plane in case a part of the install got over-written somehow. But maybe
somebody else has a better suggestion.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

_ Rob

Roger
April 18th, 2017, 02:56
Sounds like the lighting fx files are missing from the Effects folder in FsX. You could check the required files in the Lights section of the aircraft.cfg and then look for them in the Effects folder.

Navy Chief
April 18th, 2017, 12:51
Sounds like the lighting fx files are missing from the Effects folder in FsX. You could check the required files in the Lights section of the aircraft.cfg and then look for them in the Effects folder.

Roger,

It turned out you were 100 percent correct. The T-6 download I had - did NOT have a Effects folder, which contained the necessary files you mentioned. I redownloaded from a different website, and it is all fixed. THANK YOU! NC:encouragement:

Roger
April 18th, 2017, 14:25
Glad it's sorted:engel016: