PDA

View Full Version : Fuel dumping gauge with visual effects

PhantomP
April 16th, 2017, 07:32
Hi,I am wondering if there is a gauge to dump fuel that has visual effects,that can be triggered thru the lights,or smoke?Thanks

Spad54
April 16th, 2017, 08:30
Hi,I am wondering if there is a gauge to dump fuel that has visual effects,that can be triggered thru the lights,or smoke?Thanks

We developed a animated fuel dump leaver for our Lockheed Model 12 a few years back. There is no visual effect associated with it other than watching the fuel gauge unwind as the fuel "runs" out. It has to be compiled in the model as a part. If it would be helpful to you , you're welcome to the code. PM me if you wish it.

PhantomP
April 16th, 2017, 09:00
No,I am looking for a gauge with visuals,but thank you for the offer.:ernaehrung004:Cheers

heywooood
April 16th, 2017, 09:56
why don't you use the gauge, you can slave it to the -I- key and attach one of the 'smoke' textures to it - when the fuel is out you punch the I key again to turn the smoke off..you just have to tailor the 'smoke' coordinates to your fuel dump outlet on the jet.

I would probably have the smoke origin be a few feet behind the outlet and also make the smoke as skinny as possible - but there is no reason this wouldn't work that I can think of

PhantomTweak
April 16th, 2017, 11:18
The Piglet F-111 v8 has a fuel dump/burn gauge built in. I'll check and see if I can dig it out of the panel.cfg file for you.
I believe the FSDT F/A-18C v16.1 has just a dump, no burn, but I may be wrong. I'll double check. I know it has a dump switch that works, but I'm not certain about the visuals for it.

I'll get back ASAP with the Piglet F-111 info asap!
Pat☺

PhantomP
April 17th, 2017, 03:21
Thanks for all the info gentleman,I am not much of a FSX guru,but,I will try out both of the gauges,you have talked about,I will PM you Spad54 for the code,when,I get some time this week,and also will install COBS F-111 Pig Hud project,so,I can check out his fuel dumping gauge.

COBS
April 17th, 2017, 07:04
The F-111 Pig HUD does not actually Dump fuel or change fuel tank contents level .

I created a Toggle Taxi light switch on the panel that triggers a Dump and Burn trailing flame effect.
It's only a dynamic 3D visual effect.

In the real F-111 you could actually dump fuel , the outlet was between the engine exhausts , then if the afterburner was selected
it would ignite the dumped fuel creating a spectacular visual trailing flame , a favorite performance at airshows .

Cheers
Karol