PDA

View Full Version : F-4 phantom for Fsx

alex511
February 10th, 2009, 03:33
Ciao to all

since i skipped to fsx..i have to say that i miss a lot not being able to find a nice rappresentation of F-4 PHANTOM like the one made by alphasim for fd9..so i was asking my self if someone is thinking to make it....
above all i miss the us navy version.....because i like to perform..or better try to perform carrier landings....

well...also
a-4m
a-7 CORSAIR
e-2c hawkeye
COD
s-3 viking
and of course TOMCAT!!!

seems to be missing..

hope some one will think about it..

CIAO TO ALL

ALEX

jmig
February 10th, 2009, 03:39
Iris has just released a FSX version of the F-14 Tomcat

The A-7 is in the works. There have been shots of its development posted here at SOH.

A2A and others have mentioned that they are working of the F-4

They are coming Alex. I am with you on the Phantom.

Phantom Phlyers Phever!

alex511
February 10th, 2009, 03:52
thanks for your fast replay..
about the tomcat...u mean i can land with it..on the carrier using fsx accelleration package???
i heard there were some compatibility problems...
if it works... i'm going to buy it..!!!

can not wait for the phantom and other stuf!!!

Alessio

warchild
February 10th, 2009, 06:01
David is actually much better at this than i am as he's the one in the hot seat but i'll give it my best..

When We released the F-14, it was supposed to have been com patible with FSX SP2/Acceleration. However, in yet another hard lesson, we discovered through some issues arising in SP2 that SP2 and Acceleration weren't the same, and David had to remove some things that were only compatible with Acceleration. That led to the release of the 1.1 update, which is also available on the site. As to whether the aircraft in the shop is 1.0 ( Acceleration) or 1.1 ( SP2 ) I cant say as i simply do not know. WHat i do know is that i spent a few months flying the 1.0 version as i developed the fde for it and had absolutely no problems whatsoever. The actual issues we ran into and well, the whole nitty gritty story spelled out in a thousand posts between the testers is open fo public reading on the Iris forums in the beta test section, as is everything on the upcoming vulcan, the P-40 and a couple other planes. You'll find all the technical issues,, technical discussions, a bunch of links to places like Nasa and Dryden and JPL with enough data to melt einstiens brain, and you'll find a lot of good natured fun as well. Most mportantly, you can read word for word about the "compatability" issues as they arose, and what steps were taken to overcome them, instead of just relying on third party hearsay. They are open to the public to read. :D
Pam

JimC1702
February 10th, 2009, 06:53
You might want to take a look at this thread regarding the Phantom:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=10033

Jim

Boomer
February 10th, 2009, 06:59
thanks for your fast replay..
about the tomcat...u mean i can land with it..on the carrier using fsx accelleration package???
Alessio

Check out this thread. (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=6440&highlight=iris+f-14)

N332DW
February 10th, 2009, 08:48
FS9 freeware and payware port-overs of nearly every plane on your list are also available in the interim that will work on acceleration carriers ,, just another option ,,, if you are okay with that sort of thing ,,, port-overs ,,,
i use port-overs myself (but have learned to forgive myself)

Prowler1111
February 10th, 2009, 09:00
Well..Alex
We got all that lineup, all but the tomcat and phamtom, but the rest (and i mean all of them) i´ve posted WiP´s of them...right here...
Best regards
Prowler

kilo delta
February 10th, 2009, 09:03
How close are you to release of the Scooter, Prowler? :)

Prowler1111
February 10th, 2009, 09:20
...there was no need to start asking that Kilo!!:d:d
Well, we decided to start making our stuff more detailed, now that we have at least other 3 more years prior to start worrying about a potential new platform, but i can say that they will see the light of FSX this year.
Let me take some pics and post here..stay tunned

Prowler

kilo delta
February 10th, 2009, 10:03
Cheers :ernae: Take all the time you need :)

alex511
February 10th, 2009, 23:30
mmm a-4...a-7....SOUNDS GOOD.....CAN NOT WAIT...!!!
THANKS FOR THE GREAT NEWS

ALEX