PDA

View Full Version : Flightsimstore Insecure Connection??

dharry
April 13th, 2017, 21:38
I noticed yesterday when I wished to make a purchase that when attempted to login to my account at www.flightsimstore.com , I was getting the mesaage Your connection is not secure - The owner of www.flightsimstore.com has configured their web site improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this web site. I also got the same message when using the Edge browser.

I did notice the message on their site stating - Please Note: Our office will be closed between April 10th - 14th inclusive. During this time no physical orders will be shipped. Download sales will not be affected. Thank you for your understanding.

I didn't proceed in case their site has been hacked. Anyone else notice this??

scotth6
April 13th, 2017, 21:53
Yes everyone seems to be getting this. It seems to be a "false positive", and is apparently due to an expiration of a site certificate a few days ago. Unfortunately, as you noted, there is no one available at the office until tomorrow to fix the issue. You can bypass the warning (with Chrome anyway) and continue to your account, but I am not saying you should or should not do this. It is of course risky behaviour to continue through such a warning.

Cheers,