PDA

View Full Version : Beech 99 PAD Anyone still flying this one?

BendyFlyer
April 13th, 2017, 01:33
After months (probably about a year on and off) rebuilding FSX and doing a good hangar clean out I turned to the last in the back hangar the PAD Beech 99. I was always impressed with this aircraft and it will probably be the only version of it ever done. A good short haul and short field freight hauler for the back blocks.

I have reworked the panel to give it a good Beechcraft feel (courtesy of the Default King Air and Baron and added the Captain Sim Weather Radar) but looking at the paints has caused me some grief. For the life of me I cannot find where the prop spinner textures are or mapped and really dislike the white spinners which should be chrome, including the air intake edging. The cockpit textures also need a little work here and there. I have tweaked the aircraft.cfg slightly and will probably have a look at the air file later once I have settled on the PT6A version used and have some good data for the version.

I know there was an earlier discussion here and some had done some changes and there was talk of them being uploaded and I was curious as to the interest in the 99 and whether anybody had any tips or ideas or happy to share what they have done.

Thoughts or views welcome.

Bjoern
April 13th, 2017, 06:34
If you load the .mdl file into ModelConverter, open its Materials Editor and tick "Highlight Selected", you can browse through the materials used by the model and the parts using said material will be highlighted in red in the viewport.

BendyFlyer
April 13th, 2017, 13:44
Thanks Bjoern.