PDA

View Full Version : Beech 18 N63158 "Its a Mad, Mad, Mad, World

Willy
April 10th, 2017, 06:14
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/622914918336927743.jpg
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Civilian prop skins

Description: Repaint of the Shupe/Carroll FSX native Twin Beech in the paint scheme of the Beech 18 used for flying stunts in the movie "Its a Mad Mad Mad World".

Textures are in 2048x2048 DXT 5 format.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Beech 18 N63158 "Its a Mad, Mad, Mad, World (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=22573&catid=184)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

airnorth
April 10th, 2017, 10:57
Dxt files missing ?????????????

Wringoon
February 3rd, 2018, 15:20
Hi Willy,

Dxt files still missing, unable to add to my growing list of Beech 18!!, would love to fly this one as I remember very well!!

Willy
February 4th, 2018, 05:37
Did you send me a PM about it? This is the first I recall having heard of this. I'm looking at it this morning.

Willy
February 4th, 2018, 09:14
I'm trying to sort this out, but have to ask:
Just what files are missing and where did you get your copy from?

I've downloaded this one and another for the Dave Carroll version from the library here and I'm not seeing anything missing. I don't have this version any more, but I remember there's a shared textures folder in there that the texture.cfg file in the individual texture folders that tells FSX to look for any missing textures there.

Thanks W

Wringoon
February 5th, 2018, 07:27
Hi Willy,

No, sorry, I didn't PM you, that was not me, whats missing is the bit you add to the Aircraft.cfg file and starts off with [fltsim.xx] then all the aircraft's detail, that's whats missing, hope this helps in getting her into the air!!!

Steve.

Wringoon
February 5th, 2018, 07:36
Hi again, forgot to add, downloaded from this page.

Willy
February 5th, 2018, 13:43
I was so busy looking at the textures, I didn't even look at the readme file. Oops.

Like I said, I don't have Dave Carroll version anymore and I really don't remember where I got it from. But let's see if we can re-create the missing aircraft.cfg bit from another one I did for the Carroll Beech

[fltsim.xx]
title=Beech D18S "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World"
sim=D18S
model=xdc
panel=xblk
sound=
texture=IMMMW
kb_checklists=Beech18_check
kb_reference=Beech18_ref
atc_id=N63158
ui_manufacturer="Beechcraft"
ui_type="D18S"
ui_variation="It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, World"
ui_typerole="Twin Engine Prop"
ui_createdby="Shupe-Carroll"
description="Famed aviator Frank Tallman of Tallmantz Aviation flew this Beech 18 through a specially constructed billboard and also into a restaurant through a plate glass window for stunts in the movie "It's A Mad, Mad, Mad World.

I believe the above will get it going for you.

Wringoon
February 5th, 2018, 15:02
Thank you Willy, will give it a try!!!

thanks again!

Wringoon
February 6th, 2018, 08:14
Hi again Willy,

Well looks like I will have to except defeat on this one, your aircraft.cfg wouldn't get it to show, so made it look more like your Santa Fe beech 18, this got it to show up in FSX but all black apart from windows, props, engine cylinders, wheels and struts plus interior?, oh well, you win one and lose one!, Thanks for trying anyway!!!

modelr
February 6th, 2018, 19:04
Willy, I just tried out the livery, on the Dave Carroll version, in P3Dv4.1, and it worked fine. I simply used Milton's final panel, which uses all xml gauges.

Here is my config

[fltsim.x]
title=Beech D18S "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World"
sim=D18S
model=xdc
panel=xblk
sound=
texture=IMMMW
kb_checklists=Beech18_check
kb_reference=Beech18_ref
atc_id=N63158
ui_manufacturer="Beechcraft"
ui_type="D18S"
ui_variation="It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, World"
ui_typerole="Twin Engine Prop"
ui_createdby="Shupe-Carroll"
description="Famed aviator Frank Tallman of Tallmantz Aviation flew this Beech 18 through a specially constructed billboard and also into a restaurant through a plate glass window for stunts in the movie "It's A Mad, Mad, Mad World.

Perhaps is wringoon using Milton's final FSX release? The Carroll textures will not work on Milton's conversion. Just a thought.

Dave's is "b18dc05.zip"
Milton's is "d18swfsxMS.zip"

Wringoon
February 7th, 2018, 06:46
Yep, your right modelr, I am using Milton's d18fwfsxMS.zip and I think that is the problem!!, all i have to do is find Dave Carroll's version!!!??

Wringoon
February 7th, 2018, 12:41
Hi Folks, oops!, didn't know about two different modelled D18's!!, sorry for the wild goose chase!, anyway, proud owner of the above!!!, I can now make 'Old fashioned' the old fashioned way just like dear old Dad use to make while flying the above aircraft! thanks to all for the kind help!

modelr
February 7th, 2018, 15:40
Hi Folks, oops!, didn't know about two different modelled D18's!!, sorry for the wild goose chase!, anyway, proud owner of the above!!!, I can now make 'Old fashioned' the old fashioned way just like dear old Dad use to make while flying the above aircraft! thanks to all for the kind help!

It's over at Flightsim.com. Search for "b18dc0*.zip" and it will bring up all of Dave's conversions of Milton's Beech D-18, both FS2004 and FSX versions, and their respective paintkits. It will also bring up His conversion model to the Grimes Flying Laboratory C-45H N8640E.

If you are using it in P3Dv4, use the panel folder from Milton's native FSX V 1.1 conversion. Delete the one in Dave's version, and copy/paste the one from Milton's, renaming it so it conforms to Dave's naming in the config. Do not install Dave's gauge folder. The difference is the gauges used. Newer ones are XML for use in P3D. Dave's are the old gauges from the FS2004 model that don't work in P3D. The XML ones will work in FSX.

Wringoon
February 8th, 2018, 01:45
Thanks for your time Don, will have a look!