PDA

View Full Version : Throttle issue DOUGLAS C-47R SKYTRAIN V3.14 BETA

shermank
April 9th, 2017, 06:51
Hi everyone,

I am not able to obtain max prop rpm in the above aircraft. I have no such issues with all other planes, default, payware or freeware in my FSX fleet. I have tried all solutions, I can think of, but nothing works, even though it did up until a few days ago. I am not sure what I did to foul things up...

I am wondering if it is a power scaler issue or something else, perhaps within standard.xml. Here is my Power scaler entry in aircraft.cfg

[piston_engine]
power_scalar = 0.946 //adjustment to 1200 HP //Piston power scalar
cylinder_displacement= 130.71 //Cubic inches per cylinder
compression_ratio= 6.7 //Compression ratio
number_of_cylinders=14 //Number of cylinders
max_rated_rpm= 2685 //2700 reduced to not exceed //Max rated RPM
max_rated_hp= 1200 //Max rated HP
fuel_metering_type= 1 //0=Fuel Injected, 1=Gravity Carburetor, 2=Aerobatic Carburetor
cooling_type= 0 //0=Cooling type Air, 1=Cooling type Liquid
normalized_starter_torque= 0.55 //Secured Engine Start
turbocharged= 1 //Is it turbocharged? 0=FALSE, 1=TRUE
max_design_mp= 48 //Max design manifold pressure, (inHg)
min_design_mp= 10.0 //Min design manifold pressure, (inHg)
critical_altitude= 100 //7000 reduced to match 1" decrease per 1000 ft still matching MAPs at critical altitudes //Altitude to which the turbocharger will provide max design manifold pressure (feet)
emergency_boost_type= 0 //0=None, 1=Water Injection, 2=Methanol/Water injection, 3=War Emergency Power
emergency_boost_mp_offset= 0 //Additional manifold pressure supplied by emergency boost
emergency_boost_gain_offset= 0 //Multiplier on manifold pressure due to emergency boost
fuel_air_auto_mixture= 0 //Automixture available? 0=FALSE, 1=TRUE
auto_ignition= 0 //Auto-Ignition available? 0=FALSE, 1=TRUE
max_rpm_mechanical_efficiency_scalar= 1.0 //Scalar on maximum RPM mechanical efficiency
idle_rpm_mechanical_efficiency_scalar= 1.0 //Scalar on idle RPM mechanical efficiency
max_rpm_friction_scalar= 1.0 //Scalar on maximum RPM friction
idle_rpm_friction_scalar= 1.0 //Scalar on idle RPM friction
magneto_order_left_right_both = 1 //sets the order of the magneto switch direction

any help is appreciated. If I need to do a reinstallation of the aircraft, so be it...thanks

Sherm

shermank
April 9th, 2017, 15:05
bumpity bump bump....is there anyone reading this who can offer advice....?

Sherm

AussieMan
April 9th, 2017, 15:22
Patience grasshopper. First off a copy from the aircraft cfg file doesn't help much without more information. First off are you using the CH or Saitek throttle controls. Are you using FSX or P3D. If we know the answers to these then we may be able to help you.

scotth6
April 9th, 2017, 18:20
Hi,

My throttle lever which I use as a prop lever wasn't reaching 100% in the C-47 in P3D. To fix I changed the P3D settings for that controller. I added a bit of deadzone, and increased the sensitivity to maximum.

Penzoil3
April 9th, 2017, 23:43
What type of control, has it been calibrated , what sim ? MORE INFO NEEDED! Throttle quadrant ? Flight Yoke lever ? WHAT ?

shermank
April 10th, 2017, 06:55
First off a copy from the aircraft cfg file doesn't help much without more information. First off are you using the CH or Saitek throttle controls. Are you using FSX or P3D. If we know the answers to these then we may be able to help you.

I am using FSX boxed edition with both SPs. I have the Saitek yoke and triple stick quadrant, which I guess makes it a trident..:-). X is assigned to throttle, Y to prop set, Z to mixture control. Y and Z work properly. To be more specific, my mixture control catches the two detents for auto rich and auto lean.

But, After reconfiguring within FSX, and striking my FSUIPC settings, now, in VC mode, the throttle stick does not move at all...even trying to use the mouse cursor. It is stuck at 35%.....

I am continuing to try new solutions all along, and will eagerly await any more suggestions. Should I manage to solve this problem myself, I will post how I did it. Again, thanks for your interest and help.

Sherm

spokes2112
April 10th, 2017, 07:09
In the default aircraft.cfg autothrottle is available. ( [autopilot] | autothrottle_available=1 )
Maybe it's stuck on from a previous saved flight?
Assign a keyboard command to turn it on/off if one isn't assigned already & give it a go.

vortex
April 11th, 2017, 01:27
Does the throttle quadrant calibrate correctly in Windows without FSX running?

shermank
April 12th, 2017, 03:11
yes, the throttle quadrant calibrates as it should in W7, btw, I have reinstalled the aircraft and the throttle now works as it should, I am now dealing with its built in peculiarities, especially the non standard assignments of the F11 and F12 keys. So, I am now researching a way to restore them to F11 outside spot view and F12 overhead terrain map view. I believe the answer lies within the standard.xml file.

Sherm

spokes2112
April 12th, 2017, 05:46
The aircraft.cfg camera definitions will override your default AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Camera.cfg definitions.
In the C-47 aircraft.cfg just look for "HotKeySelect=#" and comment them out --> "//HotKeySelect=#", that will give
back your global view keys back to the camera.cfg.

shermank
April 12th, 2017, 07:45
The aircraft.cfg camera definitions will override your default AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Camera.cfg definitions.
In the C-47 aircraft.cfg just look for "HotKeySelect=#" and comment them out --> "//HotKeySelect=#", that will give
back your global view keys back to the camera.cfg.

Thanks for that info. It did restore my F9 through F12 functions. However, I still am not able to program Button #5 on the Saitek throttle box to equal F9...the VC view. It continues to default to external spot. I have tried to set it for F9 in FSUIPC as well as within FSX Controls...so far, no luck...

Again thanks for your ideas....

Sherm