PDA

View Full Version : Sim Skunk works Harrier problems

PhantomP
April 8th, 2017, 11:00
SSW Harrier problems
Hi I recently bought the SSW Harrier,and am having a boatload of trouble,1.I cant move any of the dials with my mouse in the cockpit,but the buttons work correctly 2. the left MFD display is always white with some message about web connect,or sim connect,or something to that matter,and,3.when,I start the sim up,I am always getting these trusted DLL messages,but when,I use other planes those messages go away,but not with the Harrier,really confused.

DaveB
April 8th, 2017, 12:40
As a start.. I thought Pete hadn't registered the key but he's since tried that with the same result.

ATB
DaveB:)

scotth6
April 8th, 2017, 20:44
Hi,

With all respect, the best place to ask would be the Sim Skunk Works forum. You may be waiting on access to it? I have always found them to be very helpful with any queries.

While you're there check out the Users Benefits section and the "Bombing Ranges" thread in the F-84F section. You will also find additional maps which were created for the Tornado but should work with the Harrier too, as I believe the RPMD is the same. The link for these is on the Home page under the "How to Get Tornado" header.

http://www.vaafse.org/simskunkBB/viewforum.php?f=17

http://www.vaafse.org/simskunkBB/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1001

I will try to help anyway:

1/ Try using the mouse wheel to rotate dials. Otherwise try left or right mouse buttons.

2/ It sound like Websimconnect is not starting (Red Panda). This needs to be active for most SSW aircraft, and there should be an entry in your P3D EXE.XML file which instructs it to start automatically with the sim.

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>RedPanda_Launcher</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>.\SimSkunkWorks\WebSimConnect\RunProcess-x64.exe</Path>
<CommandLine>--appname=RedPanda.exe --cmdline=-start -port=2048 -folder=www -errmsg=Red Panda did not start, launch it manually</CommandLine>
<NewConsole>true</NewConsole>
</Launch.Addon>

3/ That happened to me for a while too - only in FSX. I deleted the SSW "Trusted" entries and then after re-allowing them I didn't have the problem again. There is another fix for that on the forum, but it is a bit complicated (and risky) to post about here, as I have not tried it, so I can't confirm the steps.

The post is called "Those pesky DLL certificates".

Cheers,

PhantomP
April 8th, 2017, 21:45
Hi scotth6,I have tried to contact them,and they got back to me,and said the same things you offered,and,I wrote back again,and not heard from them since,how do you uninstall this plane,maybe a reinstall would fix it,have to say that,I am very disappointed,and,I probably can't get a refund,thanks for the help.BTW,I am using FSX Acc gold version.

PhantomP
April 8th, 2017, 21:48
Hi scotth6,I have tried to contact them,and they got back to me,and said the same things you offered,and,I wrote back again,and not heard from them since,how do you uninstall this plane,maybe a reinstall would fix it,have to say that,I am very disappointed,and,I probably can't get a refund,thanks for the help.BTW,I am using FSX Acc gold version.Do,I need to be online to have red panda work?

scotth6
April 8th, 2017, 22:04
No you don't need to be online for Red Panda. Can you see if it's starting or not? I have Windows 7 and I can see the Red Panda symbol in the bottom right hand corner next to the clock, in the pop up notifications window, when the sim has started. Otherwise start Task Manager, and have a look at processes for RedPanda.exe. If it's not starting, you just need an entry in the EXE.XML file. If you're having trouble, PM me your EXE.XML file and I will add the lines for you. The installer should actually do that automatically though.

SSW don't seem to offer technical support through emails as such, so I would suggest signing up to the forum. You will most likely find other users questions and answers may help, otherwise you can post technical support queries there.

To reinstall, delete the Simobjects/SSW Harrier (Not sure what it's called) folder(s) and the FSX/SimSkunkWorks folder. Then go through the installation again. Have you received the registry key and run that? Don't give up, there can be some issues getting them up and running, but the result is worth it.

I'm actually downloading the Harrier now, but for P3D V3.

Cheers,

Scott

PhantomP
April 8th, 2017, 22:25
I bought the F-104G too,so,I hope,I don't run into the same problems,and,I did sign up for the forum,but they never sent me back a confirmation email,and,I didn't email them for help,I did it at the help desk.I will PM you my XML.file so you can take a look at it before,I uninstall the SSW Harrier.Thanks

PhantomP
April 8th, 2017, 22:54
Hi,

With all respect, the best place to ask would be the Sim Skunk Works forum. You may be waiting on access to it? I have always found them to be very helpful with any queries.

While you're there check out the Users Benefits section and the "Bombing Ranges" thread in the F-84F section. You will also find additional maps which were created for the Tornado but should work with the Harrier too, as I believe the RPMD is the same. The link for these is on the Home page under the "How to Get Tornado" header.

http://www.vaafse.org/simskunkBB/viewforum.php?f=17

http://www.vaafse.org/simskunkBB/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1001

I will try to help anyway:

1/ Try using the mouse wheel to rotate dials. Otherwise try left or right mouse buttons.

2/ It sound like Websimconnect is not starting (Red Panda). This needs to be active for most SSW aircraft, and there should be an entry in your P3D EXE.XML file which instructs it to start automatically with the sim.

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>RedPanda_Launcher</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>.\SimSkunkWorks\WebSimConnect\RunProcess-x64.exe</Path>
<CommandLine>--appname=RedPanda.exe --cmdline=-start -port=2048 -folder=www -errmsg=Red Panda did not start, launch it manually</CommandLine>
<NewConsole>true</NewConsole>
</Launch.Addon>

3/ That happened to me for a while too - only in FSX. I deleted the SSW "Trusted" entries and then after re-allowing them I didn't have the problem again. There is another fix for that on the forum, but it is a bit complicated (and risky) to post about here, as I have not tried it, so I can't confirm the steps.

The post is called "Those pesky DLL certificates".

Cheers,Those pesky DLL certificates what forum is that located at,here,or at SSW forum?

scotth6
April 8th, 2017, 23:21
Those pesky DLL certificates what forum is that located at,here,or at SSW forum?

On the SSW forum.

Check your email spam folders for any replies from SSW. I just found my order confirmation email for the Harrier in the spam folder.

Cheers,

Scott

SSW1
April 9th, 2017, 01:07
We recommend everyone to use our Help Desk to have support, we have hundreds of tickets, none of them has ever remained without a solution.
In above case case Red Panda started but the moving map display did not work because the user had not installed the maps, we also recommend to read the FAQ's before writing on 'help desk or worse on other forum
regards
/SSW

PhantomP
April 9th, 2017, 03:07
We recommend everyone to use our Help Desk to have support, we have hundreds of tickets, none of them has ever remained without a solution.
In above case case Red Panda started but the moving map display did not work because the user had not installed the maps, we also recommend to read the FAQ's before writing on 'help desk or worse on other forum
regards
/SSWNope,I installed the maps like you told me,and still the same problems,and,I would look at your forum,but,I haven't received a confirmation e-mail,that SSW said they sent me.

SSW1
April 9th, 2017, 08:46
Nope,I installed the maps like you told me,and still the same problems,and,I would look at your forum,but,I haven't received a confirmation e-mail,that SSW said they sent me.

I just answered in the help desk, there is a particular reason why you double each error message of help desk here?
I do not think this is the appropriate place to ask SSW support specially if you have already asked on help desk.
About the forum, we have made, upon request, an account for you on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:11 pm, and sent confirmation mail, we have positive confirmation that the mail was correctly relayed and (most probably) received.
However will set forum login data on your still open ticket.
regards
/SSW