View Full Version : Simworks Studios F-4B/N Phantom II from Just Flight

papab
April 7th, 2017, 04:07
Just released through Just Flight:
https://www.justflight.com/product/simworks-studios-f4b-n-phantom-ii

Rick

Victory103
April 7th, 2017, 05:23
Here we go, but why through the JF site? Promo vid, got to work on centerline for that trap at the end!

Navy Chief
April 7th, 2017, 05:32
Am downloading now:encouragement: Am guessing good idea to remove the beta prior to installing this, or not necessary? NC

awstub
April 7th, 2017, 05:39
Yes, you should remove any previous installations.

Am downloading now:encouragement: Am guessing good idea to remove the beta prior to installing this, or not necessary? NC

Navy Chief
April 7th, 2017, 05:43
:encouragement:
Yes, you should remove any previous installations.

IanP
April 7th, 2017, 05:47
The announcement from the devs about working with JustFlight said that it would be available through them and through Simworks' own site... I got the beta through Simworks, so I just got a new download link, but I believe they are still selling it.

JustFlight will open the product up to a lot more potential sales than just selling it through their own site, though!

Ian P.

DaveB
April 7th, 2017, 06:06
Yup.. I bought the beta too so my link is from SWS.

I have to say that the release version seems much tighter in every respect. Although I have TP installed, I chose to install the non-TP F-4 and thus far.. everything seems fine.. including the infamous loadout manager.
http://daveb.cbfsim.org/public/rel1.jpg

http://daveb.cbfsim.org/public/rel2.jpg

http://daveb.cbfsim.org/public/rel3.jpg

http://daveb.cbfsim.org/public/rel4.jpg

You'll have to imagine the south coast of England is Malta for this exercise!
ATB
DaveB:-)

gray eagle
April 7th, 2017, 08:21
I have a couple questions/observattions - I loaded it in P3D V3.4 and noticed that when I land on the Corral Sea , If I change to a different plane other then SWS phantom, P3d will fold/crash.
So, does that mean one cannot use a different aircraft with the new corral sea? The old corral sea will show if I start on a flight and call it up in AI ships but not the new one.

Also, I have a F4B and a F4N and a F4 APR all with the same textures. What is the APR stand for?

I had to use the older vid card option to get better FPS otherwise it's a slide show.
I have a GE Force 660 vid card.

DaveB
April 7th, 2017, 08:56
Butch..

I'm not sure what's happening in P3D as I'm running FSX but with regard to the old Coral Sea and the new one.. I'm pretty certain they're one and the same. If you call it up in AIC while in another aircraft, it will show 'clean'. All the visuals you get are from the Carrier window while in the Phantom. Not tried landing on then changing to a different aircraft but I can imagine things happening!! Are you TackPack or non-TacPack?

ATB
DaveB:)

gray eagle
April 7th, 2017, 09:06
Butch..

I'm not sure what's happening in P3D as I'm running FSX but with regard to the old Coral Sea and the new one.. I'm pretty certain they're one and the same. If you call it up in AIC while in another aircraft, it will show 'clean'. All the visuals you get are from the Carrier window while in the Phantom. Not tried landing on then changing to a different aircraft but I can imagine things happening!! Are you TackPack or non-TacPack?

ATB

Non-Tacpack.

But I am trying to figure out if the new corral sea is avail for other non F4 aircraft. As it stands now when flying in non F4 and approach to Corral sea in AI carriers, I land on the old one. In this new release, In a SWS F4 the New Corral sea
is there and after a trap, I switch to different A/C then P3d goes bye bye. That's why I thought I'd ask if the new Corral Sea can be used with other then the SWS F4's.....

DaveB
April 7th, 2017, 09:22
Hiya Butch..

I think the simple answer here is NO. If you look in your Coral Sea folder (assuming you didn't remove it when you uninstalled the final beta).. you'll see that some of the folders are new with todays date and some.. the sim.cfg for example is the same as the last beta model. So.. what you get is one Coral Sea.. not multiple versions as with the Nimitz and Enterprise. If you select Coral Sea and fly to it in a non-SWS aircraft, it will show as clean. You only get all the deck park configs from the SWS Phantom. Remove the Phantom and the deck park aircraft go with it. In fact I've just tried landing on in the SWS model then changing to another aircraft (non-SWS) and it crashed FSX too. Not tried calling it up and landing on in a non-SWS aircraft then changing to the SWS Phantom.

There is no OLD model remaining. If you left it in place, it will have been modified by the v1 install. A little inconvenient I guess but that's how they've made it.
ATB

dhazelgrove
April 7th, 2017, 10:46
It is entirely possible to add the Coral Sea parking/elevator functionality to any aircraft you wish.
It does mean some editing of the required aircraft's panel.cfg and aircraft.cfg.
I've done it quite a bit, and it's no great issue.

If you ask over at the SWS site, I'm sure they've got something that'll walk you through what's required.

Please also bear in mind - those who have TacPack - that you can add the carrier to TacPack and spawn it whenever/wherever you wish.

Dave

DaveB
April 7th, 2017, 10:53
Butch..

I wondered if you could say.. land on in the SWS Phantom.. change the carrier to a clean deck and then change models but FSX still shuts down with a BEX error. I'm sure this will happen in P3D too. There are so many combinations of try.. landing on in a non-SWS Phantom (the carrier will be clean) then swapping to the SWS Phantom while onboard which will bring up the last cfg you selected.. land on in a non-SWS Phantom (any other model) with the deck clean then swap to the SWS Phantom, take-off THEN change the carrier deck.. I don't think I have the will to try them all:biggrin-new: I guess someone with sufficient know-how might be able to shoe-horn the carrier software to another model in order to see all of Coral Sea's goodies too but that's not for me. Suffice to say, you will only see a loaded deck using the SWS Phantom and changing to another aircraft with the Coral Sea still active in AIC is likely to induce a sim shutdown. I've looked at the single model in MCX and she's loaded to the gunwales so the Phantom software is calling the deck models thru visibility tags.

A shame for sure but not the end of the world;)

EDIT: Dave jumped in while I was posting. Thanks for that mate.
ATB

SiR_RiPPER
April 7th, 2017, 10:53
The F-4 is available from both our page and JustFlight and it will be currently an SWS-JF exclusive.

With regards to the carrier activation process, go to the relevant instructions page (http://wiki.simworksstudios.com/index.php?title=Carrier_activation_for_3rd_party_a ircraft) on the manuals and you should be able to activate them easily.
About to the crash Gray Eagle mentioned, we haven't come across it. Please e-mail me at support (support@simworksstudios.com) and we will try to find out what can be wrong. :)

harrybasset
April 7th, 2017, 11:40
As a Beta purchaser I received my V1 update email today. Thank you Sir Ripper, a pleasure doing business with you.:applause:

DaveB
April 7th, 2017, 12:20
Another variation on the theme for non-TPers..

It's possible to take-off in one aircraft, call up Coral Sea in AIC (.net in my case).. land on then change to the SWS Phantom without FSX spitting out. However.. you'll not get off again because a) the side cat doesn't work and b) the deck config can't be changed. I guess the side cat is inactive because the deck was left in recovery. It seems to latch on but no wires are visible and the blast deflector doesn't lift. The model just rocks on the cat.

The major question now is when can us Brits expect the K/M and Ark Royal IV:biggrin-new:
ATB

gray eagle
April 7th, 2017, 12:27
The F-4 is available from both our page and JustFlight and it will be currently an SWS-JF exclusive.

With regards to the carrier activation process, go to the relevant instructions page (http://wiki.simworksstudios.com/index.php?title=Carrier_activation_for_3rd_party_a ircraft) on the manuals and you should be able to activate them easily.
About to the crash Gray Eagle mentioned, we haven't come across it. Please e-mail me at support (support@simworksstudios.com) and we will try to find out what can be wrong. :)

I went to the carrier activations page (link above) is that info need to be loaded in each aircraft that you want to land on the new Corral Sea?

aoa_threshold >>>> What value do I use?

This is the aircraft angle of attack when on approach. A rule of thumb to calculate it is this: When on a 3.5 degree glideslope take note of your aircraft pitch and add it to the glideslope.
I.e. if pitch is 5 degrees nose up, AoA is 5+3.5=8.5 degrees.
aoa_waveoff >>>> Same here

This is the angle of attack which is considered too high for an approach and you will be waved off by the LSO for danger of stalling. Use a higher value than aoa_threshold.
launch_bar >>> Some A/C already have this.

The position of the launch bar relative to the aircraft's center point in meters. The three numbers correspond to longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from center.

Longitudinal: + aft, - forward
Lateral: +right, - left
Vertical: +down, - up

Alex, I just sent you an email,

Thanks

gray eagle
April 7th, 2017, 12:31

I just sent you an email

gray eagle
April 7th, 2017, 12:41
It is entirely possible to add the Coral Sea parking/elevator functionality to any aircraft you wish.
It does mean some editing of the required aircraft's panel.cfg and aircraft.cfg.
I've done it quite a bit, and it's no great issue.

If you ask over at the SWS site, I'm sure they've got something that'll walk you through what's required.

Please also bear in mind - those who have TacPack - that you can add the carrier to TacPack and spawn it whenever/wherever you wish.

Dave

Thanks Dave for the info :encouragement:

DaveB
April 7th, 2017, 12:52
I went to the carrier activations page (link above) is that info need to be loaded in each aircraft that you want to land on the new Corral Sea?

I guess the answer to that is almost certainly yes if you want to see all of Coral Sea's new functions. I'll give it a go with the Intruder and see what happens. It may well stop these hissy-fits caused by non-carrier gauge fitted models;)

ATB

Dimus
April 7th, 2017, 12:55
I guess the answer to that is almost certainly yes if you want to see all of Coral Sea's new functions. I'll give it a go with the Intruder and see what happens. It may well stop these hissy-fits caused by non-carrier gauge fitted models;)

ATB

You need to activate in that manner every aircraft you wish to use with the Coral Sea and still have all the advanced functions working like the moving elevators and the deck configuration. Otherwise you can spawn the Coral Sea using TP or AI carriers but the deck will be empty.

DaveB
April 7th, 2017, 14:01
Yes, well.. it's not without it's problems at the moment. The lines were added as per those instructions to the Virtavia Intruder (plus cribbing from the 4B). I selected recovery from the Carrier Manager and Coral Sea didn't show a recovery deck. So.. I selected parking aft stbd and aft port using the click spots and these appeared ok. Landed on and moved to the fwd cat but the cat wouldn't engage. For want of something different to try, I then selected the Aerosoft F-14 which doesn't have these lines added. When the F-14 loaded.. I was surrounded by aircraft parked in recovery config! Regardless.. I continued with parking brake, shift+U/shift+I. The F-14's lug came down, the blast deflector came up and I was able to takeoff!!

I'll look at the Intruder again to try and determine why it's not engaging the cat.
ATB

SiR_RiPPER
April 7th, 2017, 16:17

aoa_threshold >>>> What value do I use?

This is the aircraft angle of attack when on approach. A rule of thumb to calculate it is this: When on a 3.5 degree glideslope take note of your aircraft pitch and add it to the glideslope.
I.e. if pitch is 5 degrees nose up, AoA is 5+3.5=8.5 degrees.
aoa_waveoff >>>> Same here

This is the angle of attack which is considered too high for an approach and you will be waved off by the LSO for danger of stalling. Use a higher value than aoa_threshold.
launch_bar >>> Some A/C already have this.

The position of the launch bar relative to the aircraft's center point in meters. The three numbers correspond to longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from center.

Longitudinal: + aft, - forward
Lateral: +right, - left
Vertical: +down, - up

Alex, I just sent you an email,

Thanks

At the bottom of the F-4's aircraft.cfg is a CarrierExtensions section containing these entries. You can copy that as a template to any aircraft and change the values to the appropriate ones for your aircraft.
Unless you want to use the catapults on a drivable CV-43, all you should care about are AoA threshold and AoA Waveoff.

The former is the "on speed" AoA on approach, which is different per aircraft. This controls the cut lights. You can find it by noticing your pitch during an approach which is done on-glideslope. Glideslope is 3.5 degrees. Add the current pitch and you've got AoA.

AoA_Waveoff is used to wave you off the approach when your AoA is too high (to avoid stalling and falling in the water).

@DaveB: Noted

Navy Chief
April 7th, 2017, 17:01
I had a idea today concerning static aircraft, specifically. My fellow USN vets can surely back up my memories on this, but am certain that whenever aircraft were not flying, there is a minimum of six tiedowns on every aircraft. So my thought was, how feasible would it be to add "chains" to static aircraft?

Just a fleeting thought from my addled Chief's brain. :dizzy: NC
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=48935&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=48936&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=48937&stc=1

papab
April 7th, 2017, 17:29
Chief,
Still have scars on my legs from hitting those damn tie downs in the dark on the flight deck....

Idea of adding the tie down chains is great!

Rick

DaveB
April 7th, 2017, 23:56
Thanks Alex;)

Before hitting the sack last night, I did eventually get the Intruder and Coral Sea to work as prescribed. The initial problem with deck configs was my error. I copied the carrier extensions line exactly as it's shown on the wiki page (as one line) rather than it be a proper section (this is where cribbing from the F4 came in). I also got it to launch but the launch bar position needs some tweaking. I'd copied the position from the [launch_assistance] line already present but this puts the model too far forward when it engages. I was placing it where it normally launches and it doesn't engage.

So with all the lines in place and in the correct order (even though values in the carrier extensions may be off).. Coral Sea and a 3rd party model appear to work ok. The evil work is at hand today so no further fettling but I'll continue tomorrow;)
ATB

SiR_RiPPER
April 8th, 2017, 01:44
Thanks Alex;)
I copied the carrier extensions line exactly as it's shown on the wiki page (as one line) rather than it be a proper section (this is where cribbing from the F4 came in).

I hadn't noticed that. Wiki is fixed now.

DaveB
April 8th, 2017, 03:22
Alex,

I've seen screenshots of the A7 by DaveH sitting on the lift (can't remember which one though). I've fitted the Sea Vixen with the Carrier Extensions and it works a treat.. well, everything that is except the lift and in particular, the fwd RH lift (fwd of the bridge). Although I can see it there, the Sea Vixen falls straight through then bounces off into the distance:dizzy: I tried to recover it by slewing back then taxiing onto the lift but it fell straight through again and shot off in a mad bouncing fit. This culminated in an app crash g3d error! I felt it's pain!:biggrin-new:

I've not tried any of the lifts before and presumed they were all 'hard'. I had Skyhawks parked on the left and right aft positions hence me going to the one left vacant.
ATB

DaveB
April 8th, 2017, 05:38
Yup.. I know I should be at work now but I've since tried moving the statics off lift#2 and driving the Sea Vixen onto it. I got so far and fell through before the tail had cleared.

I'm obviously missing something here and need a prod with a sharp stick:biggrin-new:

ATB

gray eagle
April 8th, 2017, 05:54
Is this info still valid for converting 3rd party aircraft to be compat with the New Corral Sea or was this to allow 3rd party aircraft to land on the Corral sea?

http://simworksstudios.com/forum/index.php?topic=470.0

gray eagle
April 8th, 2017, 06:05
I had a idea today concerning static aircraft, specifically. My fellow USN vets can surely back up my memories on this, but am certain that whenever aircraft were not flying, there is a minimum of six tiedowns on every aircraft. So my thought was, how feasible would it be to add "chains" to static aircraft?

Just a fleeting thought from my addled Chief's brain. :dizzy: NC

Would look nice but wonder if it would just add more eye candy that would slow down my rig?

SiR_RiPPER
April 8th, 2017, 06:06
That is a bug in FSX where hard surfaces on moving objects soften up, but do so inconsistently. On my computer I sometimes get the problem, I sometimes don't. From my experience and from talking with Sylvain, it seems that if you do a single elevator and put it atop the hierarchy, with the platform right under it, it will work perfectly -this happens with collimated HUDs also. However, when you have three of them it doesn't seem to work properly and is up to FSX's mood. It seems to have been solved in P3Dv3, though.

I have found a trick that is a bit impractical but works. If you load up the saved flight (FSX\SimWorks Studios\Saved flights) that puts you near the carrier track in Vietnam, all surfaces work perfectly. From that point on if you spawn an AI carrier anywhere, its elevators are going to be fine -even if you end the flight and start a new one somewhere else. Apparently loading in BGL format isn't bugged and sticks to memory for when you load it with AI carriers.

The decision was made to go ahead with it because it is an issue that is out of our control (from what we know), there is the workaround described above and it works with the future platform (P3D), so we won't have to bear with it for long. The other option was to provide only a single working elevator.

Is this info still valid for converting 3rd party aircraft to be compat with the New Corral Sea or was this to allow 3rd party aircraft to land on the Corral sea?
http://simworksstudios.com/forum/index.php?topic=470.0
Both are one and the same.

@NavyChief, that is one thing we thought of, but it wouldn't be noticeable unless you were right beside the aircraft so we didn't put it in. FPS would be more-or-less the same.

The Coral Sea and Phantom are not only our first product as SWS, but also technology demonstrators for what will come in the future. If we started redoing the Phantom today with the techniques we developed on the second half of CV-43, it would be lightyears better from all aspects.
All the statics put together use less texture than the rest of the ship because of the way they were built. At that point, the F-4 and Coral Sea were waaaaaay past the point of no return.

DaveB
April 8th, 2017, 06:19
I'll give that a try Alex. Many thanks for the explanation;) (now late for work!)

ATB

Navy Chief
April 8th, 2017, 06:30
@NavyChief, that is one thing we thought of, but it wouldn't be noticeable unless you were right beside the aircraft so we didn't put it in. FPS would be more-or-less the same.

Thanks for your response on it. GE, I had also thought it would impact the frame rates.

But I will say this.....I think it would look cool on flight lines for AI aircraft. Again, no clue on how difficult it would be to add though. NC

dhazelgrove
April 8th, 2017, 07:08
Thanks for your response on it. GE, I had also thought it would impact the frame rates.

But I will say this.....I think it would look cool on flight lines for AI aircraft. Again, no clue on how difficult it would be to add though. NC

We've discussed this point before in other threads.

AI requires an AFCAD - which means no movement. FSX can't/won't handle moving AFCADs, so that's it. No AI.
At the moment it's also true for P3Dv2/3, but who knows for P3Dv4.......

If a working solution is ever found, then Steam may be updated, but I doubt it.

Some people in the past have said that they'd managed it, but never released their methods. So we're stuck. I have whole squadrons of F-4s waiting.....

Sorry,

Dave

ian elliot
April 8th, 2017, 10:26
I guess i must be missing something, but how do you actually access the manager. the 7/4/17 update has been installed and im flying, and ive been reading the latest manual about its operation, but i still cant figure how to open it up :mixed-smiley-010:

Dimus
April 8th, 2017, 11:00
Press Shift-1

ian elliot
April 8th, 2017, 11:10
Thanks, working now :wavey:

cheers ian

DaveB
April 8th, 2017, 12:38
I don't believe you asked that in public Ian!!:biggrin-new:

Alex..
Back from work and thought about the scenario you posted. I may try it at some point but if this is a known limitation of the sim.. I'm happy to accept that fact. TBH.. I've never been up or down any lift on any of the carriers I have.. doesn't bother me (even though I appreciate the work that has gone into filling up the inside). I thought I'd try Coral Sea because flicking a switch is so easy. Oh the irony:very_drunk:

Butch..
Have you got your 3rd party aircraft sorted with the carrier extensions yet?
ATB

ian elliot
April 8th, 2017, 13:51
I don't believe you asked that in public Ian!!:biggrin-new:

sometimes, i like the direct approach :biggrin-new:

gray eagle
April 8th, 2017, 16:27
I tried the instructions to make the C-1 compatable with the New Corral Sea.

It didn't work, for one thing SHIFT + 2 is already mapped (see pic) so I wouldn't be able to to raise/lower elevators.
Most of the items listed in the conversion instructions were already in the aircraft (pretty much). So it was tail hook ready.
So what to do to see the CS SHIFT + 2 elevator buttons?

https://s27.postimg.org/d29mdfxhv/image.jpg

DaveB
April 8th, 2017, 23:39
Hello mate,

The point is that you add the carrier extension as a new window to that model. It is only shift+2 on the F4 because that's how it's panel is mapped;)

This is my Sea Vixen cfg..
[Window Titles]
Window00=Main Panel
Window01=GPS
Window02=Radios
Window03=Throttle Quadrant
Window04=Central Warning Panel
Window05=Switch Panel
window06=TACAN RFN
window07=CV-43 Manager <-------- new window for the Carrier Manager.

The new 2D window added to the panel.cfg..
//--------------------------------------------------------
[Window07]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1280,720
sizeable=1
visible=0
ident=3061
window_size= 0.7, 0.67
window_pos= 0.015, 0.015

gauge00=..\..\F-4B Phantom II\Panel\CEM!CV43_65_MGR, 0,0,1280,720
gauge01=..\..\F-4B Phantom II\Panel\CEM!CEM_BG, 0,0,1,1

and this line added to VC01..
[Vcockpit01]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=1
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$vc2
gauge00=skysim!CVIX_smoke, 15,0,20,20
gauge01=skysim!CVIX_vortex, 0,0,10,10
gauge02=skysim!CVIX_flame, 40,0,20,20
gauge03=CVIX!Radalt, 225,675,207,208
gauge04=CVIX!Autopilot, 0,0,308,392
gauge05=CVIX!Trim, 308,172,83,226
gauge06=CVIX!Hyd2, 0,395,200,200
gauge07=CVIX!Hyd1, 0,595,200,200
gauge08=CVIX!CWP, 479,3,537,397
gauge09=CVIX!ComRadio, 456,399,491,393
gauge10=CVIX!OilTemp2, 210,400,200,200
gauge11=CVIX!Tacan, 3,915,110,102
gauge12=CVIX!XpndrRepeater, 178,940,120,44
gauge13=CVIX!ARTrim, 1,789,102,102
gauge14=CVIX!Stopwatch1, 464, 795 ,183,222
gauge15=..\..\..\..\Aerosoft\F-14A\FLOLS\CV63_FLOLS!FLOLS_CV63
gauge16=CarrierExtensions!CarrierExtensions,0,0,0, 0 <---------- Carrier extensions gauge added
//-------------------------------------------------------------
gauge81=RFN_CarrierGauge!TACAN_Navigation, 0, 0, 0, 0, Nav2
gauge82=RFN_CarrierGauge!CustomCatapult, 0, 0,
gauge83=RFN_CarrierGauge!Approach_Ctrl, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.0
gauge84=DSD_Sound_Gauge!Sound, 0, 0,

That's it for the panel.cfg. You have to add the following to the end of the aircraft.cfg:

[carrier_extensions]
aoa_threshold=11.5
aoa_waveoff=13
launch_bar=17.6, 0.0, -7.2

The values on all of these changes from aircraft to aircraft but this entry has to be in place even if the entries for aoa threshold and waveoff are incorrect. You can take the launch_bar position from the [launchassistance] entry if you have it.

Good to go;)
ATB

DaveB
April 9th, 2017, 00:45
Butch..

It so happens that I have the C1 so I've added the relevant lines and entries for you. Open your C1 panel.cfg and add the lines/entries as highlighted:

[Window Titles]
Window00=main
Window01=GPS
Window02=Throttles
Window03=Radio
Window04=Electric popup
window05=CV-43 Manager // <------- add this line

Add this window after window04:

[Window05]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1280,720
sizeable=1
visible=0
ident=3061
window_size= 0.7, 0.67
window_pos= 0.015, 0.015

gauge00=..\..\F-4B Phantom II\Panel\CEM!CV43_65_MGR, 0,0,1280,720
gauge01=..\..\F-4B Phantom II\Panel\CEM!CEM_BG, 0,0,1,1

Then add this line to VC01:
[Vcockpit01]
file=Left.bmp
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=1
pixel_size=1024
texture=$left
gauge00=ST_Tracker!ADI, 622,261,183,178
gauge01=ST_Tracker!Altimeter, 243,470,168,162
gauge02=ST_Tracker!ASI_400, 239,270,172,166
gauge03=ST_Tracker!turn_and_bank, 426,458,188,182
gauge04=ST_Tracker!VSI_4, 630,468,168,162
gauge05=ST_Tracker!RMI, 436,272,169,165
gauge06=ST_Tracker!Rad_Alt, 55,469,165,162
gauge07=ST_Tracker!DG, 824,467,168,162
gauge08=ST_Tracker!HW_FlapGear, 800,71,168,162
gauge09=ST_Tracker!clock, 650,82,134,133
gauge10=ST_Tracker!DC Voltammeter L, 673,715,99,96
gauge11=ST_Tracker!DME, 824,712,187,187
gauge12=ST_Tracker!DC Voltammeter R, 717,828,98,96
gauge13=ST_Tracker!Sw_Dummy_Compass, 149,273,32,51
gauge14=ST_Tracker!VOR1_Indicator, 822, 273 ,168,158
gauge15=ST_Tracker!SW Panellights, 236,739,71,70
gauge16=CarrierExtensions!CarrierExtensions,0,0,0, 0 // <----- add this line.

Next, open your C1 aircraft.cfg and add this to the bottom:

[carrier_extensions]
aoa_threshold=11.5
aoa_waveoff=13
launch_bar=14.087, 0.000, -7.968

Note that the aoa threshold and waveoff values may well be off the mark. I've no idea what they are for the C1 so you'll have to tweak them in yourself. The launch_bar line was taken from the [launch_assistance] entry in the C1 so should be there or thereabouts.

Have fun out there;) Oh.. and this will open as shift+6.
ATB

DaveB
April 9th, 2017, 02:02
... and to prove it works..

http://daveb.cbfsim.org/public/c11.jpg

http://daveb.cbfsim.org/public/c12.jpg

Just adding a few deck models with the click spots may not look as grand as the presets but it gives the deck a bit of life and you can trap and launch without having to change cfgs. The secret is don't be afraid of adding the Carrier Extensions. Anyone who can add the RFN Tacan which to my mind, can be trickier, can add this. When you've done it once, it takes about a minute to add the panel and aircraft.cfg entries to other models;)
ATB

gray eagle
April 9th, 2017, 05:14
Thanks Dave,

https://s27.postimg.org/j4j533e03/Ducky.jpg

https://s1.postimg.org/8045jky73/Ducky1.jpg

https://s1.postimg.org/a0p3cpkmn/Ducky2.jpg

gray eagle
April 9th, 2017, 05:15
https://s17.postimg.org/lpy4xpxfz/Ducky4.jpg

https://s1.postimg.org/pohvzmo1b/Ducky5.jpg

gray eagle
April 9th, 2017, 05:19
this will open as shift+6.
ATB

How did you know it would be Shift +6 (my guess, next unmapped key avail right?)

DaveB
April 9th, 2017, 05:26
And you managed to make it down the lift without falling through too!!

Excellent mate.. glad you're sorted:encouragement:

A question for you. Did you have any models parked on the other lifts? Just wondering if there's some strange correlation between the lifts being visible but not solid sometimes. I doubt it as Alex has already said it's random and for no apparent reason.

The C1 gets off the deck in short order doesn't it!! I noticed it airborne before it had crossed the bow.

EDIT.. to your last post Butch, the shift+ number is always one number greater than the window it's opening. The Carrier Window is [window05] on the C1 so to open it will be shift+6;)
ATB

gray eagle
April 9th, 2017, 05:41
And you managed to make it down the lift without falling through too!!

Excellent mate.. glad you're sorted:encouragement:

Thanks,

A question for you. Did you have any models parked on the other lifts? Just wondering if there's some strange correlation between the lifts being visible but not solid sometimes. I doubt it as Alex has already said it's random and for no apparent reason.

No, I haven't converted any other third party aircraft yet. But with your examples., I sorta get the gist of it. :adoration:

dhazelgrove
April 9th, 2017, 06:59
It works just as well on the Milviz F-4J/S, too.
Also the Virtavia A-4, the Razbam A-6/EA-6/A-7 packs, etc.

Dave

DaveB
April 9th, 2017, 07:17
Cheers Dave. I was just about to lob it onto the Virtavia Skyhawk but of the 1001 paints knocking around, there's not one for VA-153:banghead: Any takers???

Oh.. it works on the Virtavia A3 Skywarrior too:encouragement:

ATB

gray eagle
April 9th, 2017, 10:09
I landed aboard the New CS in a SWS F4B and then switch over to a converted third party aircraft that can use the elevators like the F4 can and it crashed, again.

I loaded the event viewer and copied the date and sent it over to Alex, maybe his coders can decipher what's going on.

From what I can tell in the event viewer, a file called Phantom_RS.dll may be at fault.

gray eagle
April 9th, 2017, 10:27
This time I landed on Enterprise in C1A and then switched to a SWS F4 - no problem - but when I switched from SWS F4 to a Milvix F4 then P3d Crashed.

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 4/9/2017 1:21:16 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: ijdjr-PC
Description:
Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.4.22.19868, time stamp: 0x588f7cbf
Faulting module name: MV_F-4J_Sys.dll, version: 1.4.0.8, time stamp: 0x58d3b1d8 <<<<< this is when I sent from SWS F4 to Milviz F4 then it crashed
Exception code: 0xc0000096
Fault offset: 0x00001591
Faulting process id: 0x1414
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2b15d5f96d07e
Faulting application path: P:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: P:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Gauges\MV_F-4J_Sys.dll
Report Id: 515ad6a1-1d51-11e7-8c59-6cf0497dce43
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-04-09T18:21:16.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>243653</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>ijdjr-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Prepar3D.exe</Data>
<Data>3.4.22.19868</Data>
<Data>588f7cbf</Data>
<Data>MV_F-4J_Sys.dll</Data>
<Data>1.4.0.8</Data>
<Data>58d3b1d8</Data>
<Data>c0000096</Data>
<Data>00001591</Data>
<Data>1414</Data>
<Data>01d2b15d5f96d07e</Data>
<Data>P:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe</Data>
<Data>P:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Gauges\MV_F-4J_Sys.dll</Data>
<Data>515ad6a1-1d51-11e7-8c59-6cf0497dce43</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

THis switching A/C while onboard any carrier is causing havoc in P3d V3.4 if two different F4's are involved. Hummmmm

dhazelgrove
April 9th, 2017, 10:36
Could you please take these issues to the SWS forum?

Also, this is an FSX forum.

Dave

SiR_RiPPER
April 9th, 2017, 10:38
I think MV had a problem with the latest 3.4 and released patches a week ago or so. The crash is from F4J_sys.dll

DaveB
April 9th, 2017, 10:54
Yup.. that patch was specifically for P3D 3.4 and not required for earlier versions or FSX. I think Butch already has that installed so maybe it's not as fixed as it might be.

ATB

gray eagle
April 9th, 2017, 10:54
I think MV had a problem with the latest 3.4 and released patches a week ago or so. The crash is from F4J_sys.dll

Before they released a patch, P3D would CTD after the patch P3d did not CTD. I once just renamed the file and everything was fine.

I was just doing traps on the Nimitz with the C1 then switched to a F18 and that went good, then went to a SWS F-4 and that was Okay then went to a MV F4 and that was the end of it (It CTD)

Mach3DS
April 9th, 2017, 12:33
If you renamed the file then you lost the systems of the F4...at least from what it sounds like what you're doing...so although it doesn't error it's not working correctly?

gray eagle
April 9th, 2017, 12:44
Could you please take these issues to the SWS forum?

Also, this is an FSX forum.

Dave

Okay. I have and will.

MDIvey
April 10th, 2017, 10:40
I get a crash to desktop every time I end a flight or change aircraft which is getting a little tiresome. I'm an fsx steam user with Steve's dx10 fixer. I will get round to reporting it to SSW but in case you're around Alex I thought I'd mention it here.

Matt

DaveB
April 10th, 2017, 10:47
Matt..

I take it that's when using Coral Sea? If so.. I'm still getting the same with FSXA too.
ATB

MDIvey
April 10th, 2017, 10:59
It's all the time even when land based for me.

Matt

DaveB
April 10th, 2017, 12:07
Hmm..

I had a suspicion that the carrier gauge was doing it but I've just tried a flight Culdrose to Culdrose (a circuit if you will) in the F-4B then chopped to the Virtavia Prowler (non-gauge fitted) after landing and the Prowler loaded. A few seconds later..

Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: fsx.exe
Application Version: 10.0.61637.0
Application Timestamp: 46fadb14
Fault Module Name: Phantom_RS.DLL_unloaded
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 58e2a336
Exception Offset: 51b31591
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
LCID: 2057

That's an SWS Phantom dll causing the crash. Incidentally.. I don't have AIC automatically load either. I start it via a desktop shortcut and it's not been started since the PC was turned on today.
ATB

SiR_RiPPER
April 10th, 2017, 12:17
The Phantom_RS.dll issue started popping up with some users post v1.0. We're on its track to fix it.

gray eagle
April 10th, 2017, 12:29
The Phantom_RS.dll issue started popping up with some users post v1.0. We're on its track to fix it.

Awsome! :encouragement:

gray eagle
April 10th, 2017, 12:30
Matt..

I take it that's when using Coral Sea? If so.. I'm still getting the same with FSXA too.
ATB

At sea or ashore it happens.

DaveB
April 10th, 2017, 12:39

Cheers Alex:encouragement:

I really was convinced it was the carrier gauge causing it because I've always had AIC open and the carrier active when it's happened in the past. It's only when Matt posted that it was happening shore-side too that I tried it myself.

ATB

MDIvey
April 12th, 2017, 02:10
Glad to hear a fix for CTD is in the pipeline.

I've been with you since the beginning and love this add on. The improvements that have been made along the way are very evident. The Coral Sea is an astounding achievement in its own right. I have to say though I'm a little surprised that the lighting problem with the wheels is still there (they look light on unlit side and vice versa). It does bug me so I can't wait to get gear up so I don't have to look at them anymore:adoration:. If it's a case that you can't figure out how to fix them get in touch... I may have some ideas that may point you in right direction.

Matt

TeiscoDelRay
April 12th, 2017, 08:24
How are the frame rates for this addon? I have a friend that used take care of these on ship.

DaveB
April 12th, 2017, 08:34
I run it on an old i5/GTX560Ti rig and it's ok.. similar to what you expect from a Milviz model.

ATB

Ian Warren
April 17th, 2017, 17:59
A-4 Sykhawk update, really giving this Aircraft Carrier a real kick B-)
http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/04/18/30.jpg
http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/04/18/31.jpg

DaveB
April 17th, 2017, 23:48
Is anyone going to paint up the Alpha/Virtavia E Skyhawk to represent the Blue Fin C's? One exists for the old Razbam model but sadly.. not for Virtavia's :(

I've stopped flying the F-4 until the patch comes out to fix the dll error. I rarely open the sim and fly just one type and with this problem.. you have to.
ATB

fsafranek
April 18th, 2017, 16:09
How did you know it would be Shift +6 (my guess, next unmapped key avail right?)

Intuitively because it is the 6th window he has counting from zero. If you try a window number not assigned you should get a blue bar across the screen with all assigned Shift plus ? number combinations.
Everything from the Radio Stack, to the GPS, to the Mini Panel, and somewhere in there will be the "CV-43". Just make a note of what it is on your particular aircraft.
:ernaehrung004:

doublecool
April 22nd, 2017, 00:41
Has anyone seen or heard of a fix released for the CTD's issus (FSX) on this aircraft... I to find CTD make an aircraft unusable.

I have looked on there site for any word on the fix and nothing to see.

awstub
April 22nd, 2017, 01:47
I know first hand that they are most definitely testing a fix.

The reason it is taking so long is that it has to be tested with FSXA, FSXSE and P3d ....and each of these has to be tested with and without Tacpack.

Has anyone seen or heard of a fix released for the CTD's issus (FSX) on this aircraft... I to find CTD make an aircraft unusable.

I have looked on there site for any word on the fix and nothing to see.

doublecool
April 22nd, 2017, 02:15
Thank you for the heads up :applause: and the good news
She is a fine F-4
I am really looking forward to fly her without those CTD

:ernaehrung004:

SiR_RiPPER
April 24th, 2017, 22:22
Gents, the patch is coming today.

gray eagle
April 25th, 2017, 05:08
Gents, the patch is coming today.

Just downloaded this new SWS_F-4BN_v1.0_20170420_setup.zip this A.M.
I waned to just say thanks for the fix, it works great now.

ATB

"Butch"

MDIvey
April 25th, 2017, 07:02
New version seems to have fixed the ctd for me... Thanks.

Matt

gray eagle
April 25th, 2017, 08:46
New version seems to have fixed the ctd for me... Thanks.

Matt

+1 Now I can switch from the F4B to a different plane with no hangups in P3d (Crash). :encouragement:

DaveB
April 25th, 2017, 09:13
No dll error here either though I DO have a new set of problems I didn't have before.. all reported at SWS.

I installed the last version as the non-TP model and other than the dll error.. it worked fine but for an intermittent control lockup I only see on this model. Load Manager.. everything.. fine. This time, I installed the TP version thinking that I can use the F4's Configuration module to select the non-TP version if required. Flashed up FSX.. didn't let TP load and found the Load Manager doesn't work. It's as it was before the v1.0 release for non-TP users. Also found that the fwd LH cat isn't working. Aircraft setup on it just jump or judder. The RH and waist cats are fine. I've uninstalled the TP model and have just installed the non-TP model to see how that works;)

ATB

gray eagle
April 25th, 2017, 09:33
No dll error here either though I DO have a new set of problems I didn't have before.. all reported at SWS.

I installed the last version as the non-TP model and other than the dll error.. it worked fine but for an intermittent control lockup I only see on this model. Load Manager.. everything.. fine. This time, I installed the TP version thinking that I can use the F4's Configuration module to select the non-TP version if required. Flashed up FSX.. didn't let TP load and found the Load Manager doesn't work. It's as it was before the v1.0 release for non-TP users. Also found that the fwd LH cat isn't working. Aircraft setup on it just jump or judder. The RH and waist cats are fine. I've uninstalled the TP model and have just installed the non-TP model to see how that works;)

ATB

Non TP works just fine for me in P3D.

DaveB
April 25th, 2017, 10:00
Hi Butch..

I've just uninstalled the TP version I was using in a non-TP environment and installed the non-TP model. All well including the cats on Coral Sea. TBH.. this is no big deal for me as I rarely use TP anyway. It puts my rig closer to meltdown than it would otherwise be. Seemed like a good idea at the time like many other things I have:banghead:

No surprise that all models have glass too.. something you expect from a model advertised as being for FSX:encouragement:

ATB

Cees Donker
April 25th, 2017, 10:05
Hi Butch..

I've just uninstalled the TP version I was using in a non-TP environment and installed the non-TP model. All well including the cats on Coral Sea. TBH.. this is no big deal for me as I rarely use TP anyway. It puts my rig closer to meltdown than it would otherwise be. Seemed like a good idea at the time like many other things I have:banghead:

No surprise that all models have glass too.. something you expect from a model advertised as being for FSX:encouragement:

ATB

:biggrin-new:

Cees

gray eagle
April 25th, 2017, 10:43
After I installed this latest patch, I could change from F4B to F4J (Milviz) to any other aircraft without a CTD in P3d and thought gee, this time it's gonna work, well for some reason it's back to
doing what it use to do. I just had a CTD after I loaded F4B then about 20 seconds later I wanted to see if I could choose another aircraft and P3d folded again

Here is data from event viewer. I also posted this on Simworks forum - Hope Alex takes notice.

Date: 4/25/2017 1:27:04 PM
Computer:
Description:
Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.4.22.19868, time stamp: 0x588f7cbf
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000ce6c3
Faulting process id: 0x1a7c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2bdf0191e0c00
Faulting application path: P:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: c7be7c0c-29e4-11e7-acc0-6cf0497dce43
Event Xml:
<System>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-04-25T18:27:04.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>244992</EventRecordID>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>588f7cbf</Data>
<Data>ntdll.dll</Data>
<Data>6.1.7601.17725</Data>
<Data>4ec49b8f</Data>
<Data>c0000374</Data>
<Data>000ce6c3</Data>
<Data>1a7c</Data>
<Data>01d2bdf0191e0c00</Data>
<Data>C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll</Data>
<Data>c7be7c0c-29e4-11e7-acc0-6cf0497dce43</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Edit: I just tried it again,selected a F4B model, let it load adjusted the spot view then selected another F4B the preview came up then when I hit the OK button - It it all Blew up.
I checked the event viewer same data as above.

gray eagle
April 26th, 2017, 11:36
After I installed this latest patch, I could change from F4B to F4J (Milviz) to any other aircraft without a CTD in P3d and thought gee, this time it's gonna work, well for some reason it's back to
doing what it use to do. I just had a CTD after I loaded F4B then about 20 seconds later I wanted to see if I could choose another aircraft and P3d folded again

Here is data from event viewer. I also posted this on Simworks forum - Hope Alex takes notice.

Date: 4/25/2017 1:27:04 PM
Computer:
Description:
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000ce6c3
Faulting process id: 0x1a7c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2bdf0191e0c00
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: c7be7c0c-29e4-11e7-acc0-6cf0497dce43
Event Xml:
<System>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-04-25T18:27:04.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>244992</EventRecordID>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>588f7cbf</Data>
<Data>ntdll.dll</Data>
<Data>6.1.7601.17725</Data>
<Data>4ec49b8f</Data>
<Data>c0000374</Data>
<Data>000ce6c3</Data>
<Data>1a7c</Data>
<Data>01d2bdf0191e0c00</Data>
<Data>C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll</Data>
<Data>c7be7c0c-29e4-11e7-acc0-6cf0497dce43</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Edit: I just tried it again,selected a F4B model, let it load adjusted the spot view then selected another F4B the preview came up then when I hit the OK button - It it all Blew up.
I checked the event viewer same data as above.

Another edit: I reinstalled the F4B program and this time I use the older GPU card option. I have a GTX 660 which is 6th gen and for now, no issues. The 660 can handle DX10 so it's either
a coincidence that it works now or just plain luck so far.