PDA

View Full Version : Looking for checklists/Vspeeds for P-3

malibu43
April 4th, 2017, 21:23
I'm trying to find some simple checklists with basic info for flying the P-3. ie - take off, cruise, and landing power, flaps, and speed settings, v-speeds, etc...

Couldn't find anything via google...

Navy Chief
April 5th, 2017, 08:00
I'm trying to find some simple checklists with basic info for flying the P-3. ie - take off, cruise, and landing power, flaps, and speed settings, v-speeds, etc...

Couldn't find anything via google...

Should be able to find the information from within the NATOPS:

https://prod.nais.nasa.gov/eps/eps_data/137899-SOL-001-003.pdf

malibu43
April 5th, 2017, 08:15
Thanks. I'll see if I can extract some simple checklists from there!

Victory103
April 5th, 2017, 11:01
I use this site to get flight manuals if needed or look up speeds since I'm downloading anything:

http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/usa/lockheed/p-3orion.html

BendyFlyer
April 5th, 2017, 14:17
malibu43. The best document that you may find on the net is a US Military Document NAVAIR 00-110 AP3 . I also have the Instructors Guide (2A-1102.IG1) and various bits of training or P3 Gouge. If you cannot find these on the net I will see what I can do to somehow make them available.

The data you need is provided in NAVAIR; configuration and type dependent, i.e is which model - ASW, RECON, MINELAYING, FERRY and was also stores and ordinance load dependent, tricky no one size fits all. How to fly the P-3 is contained in the Instructors Guide (circuits, Instrument approaches etc.).

Navy Chief
April 5th, 2017, 15:48
I MAY be able to get a copy of a pilot's checklist at the Naval Aviation Museum Library. Not sure when I will be down there next, but can ask, when I do. NC

Update:

Although I am sure such a checklist exists, the Naval Aviation Museum Tech Pubs Library does not have one, u fortunately....

BendyFlyer
April 5th, 2017, 19:12
I have everything covered but the checklist. They went with the aircraft. I have briefs for all the procedures and including preflight etc. so in a way they follow the checklist but are orientated towards the training captain. You will not find the engine start procedure useful because the one achilles heel of the KBT Orion is the engine starts, mine no matter what recommendation are as flaky as heck, sometimes yes, sometimes no, I just live with CTL+E for that one and hope for a full native FSX model one day but the VC is a problem and always has been, unless, unless somebody else has some suggestions.

Bushpounder
April 5th, 2017, 19:16
Try this: http://www.avialogs.com/en/aircraft/usa/lockheed/p-3orion/navair-01-75pac-1-natops-flight-manual-p-3a-b-c-aircraft.html

Don

malibu43
April 6th, 2017, 05:18
Thanks everyone. I created a basic take off and landing aid by pulling some tables out of the flight manual that show weights, flap settings, and take off and landing speeds. It displays a little odd in P3D, so I may manually recreate the tables in a more readable format. I'll post it in this thread if I get a chance.