PDA

View Full Version : Any FSrealWX_Pro Users?

falcon409
April 2nd, 2017, 06:41
How do you go about adding a list of aircraft to select from when using FSrealWX_Pro? I have read the instructions on their WIKI page and it seems pretty straight forward. . .except when I try it. All I get is "aircraft not found". . .(yes I have set the path for the sim). Any suggestions?

aspen31
April 2nd, 2017, 07:22
Hi
I only use the weather component but have had reasonable results posting to the FSrealWX-Pro forum. Takes a while to answer but it's usually the developer so he should be able to help.
Warren (aspen31)

falcon409
April 2nd, 2017, 07:28
Hi
I only uses the weather component but have had reasonable results posting to the FSrealWX-Pro forum. Takes a while to answer but it's usually the developer so he should be able to help.
Warren (aspen31)
Yep, first place I posted, but based on the "activity level" for that area, I figured I might have more luck here. Thanks!

aspen31
April 2nd, 2017, 07:56
The "RealWx_pro site is certainly quiet. I guess that means there are few problems with the program or that you and I are the only two using it. Sorry I can't help more.
Warren

PhantomTweak
April 2nd, 2017, 11:16
Did you perhaps install FSReaWX Pro into C:\Program File(X86)? Windows, especially Win10, has severe personal problems with permitting editing of anything in that folder, even with UAC turned off. Supposedly.
Also, setting up a plane can be done, but I recall you need to give it the name of the aircraft as seen in the aicraft.cfg file, either the Title= line or the Variation= line. Something like that. I don't recall exactly.
Good luck, in any event. I only use FSRealWX Lite. It seems more stable an reliable as far as providing weather info, in my system. I have Pro installed, and use it ocaisionally, but I prefer Lite. Just a personal thing, I guess.
Pat☺

falcon409
April 2nd, 2017, 14:31
Did you perhaps install FSReaWX Pro into C:\Program File(X86)? Windows, especially Win10, has severe personal problems with permitting editing of anything in that folder, even with UAC turned off. Supposedly.
Yea, I do my best to catch installers that want to put stuff there and change it immediately, so no, it wasn't installed to the default setting.

Also, setting up a plane can be done, but I recall you need to give it the name of the aircraft as seen in the aicraft.cfg file, either the Title= line or the Variation= line. Something like that. I don't recall exactly.
Pat☺
I tried both options without success. . .Unfortunately their Wiki page leaves a lot to be desired in reference to the Aircraft Editor. . .it's basically "Do this". . ."Click that". . .it loads automatically and there ya go. Nope, not really.

spokes2112
April 2nd, 2017, 14:53
Ed,

It never worked for me either.. Even though it's freeware (limited functs) maybe it only works once registered? HMMM..
BTW - are you having problems in P3D w/ the driftmeter gauge yet? Just wondering in regards to this post at FSDev - http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/fs9view-alternative-in-p3d.439774/#post-768844

falcon409
April 3rd, 2017, 18:33
Roman,
To answer the question I had concerning the "Aircraft Editor" I did finally get a reply from one of the Admins (or THE Admin) on their site. He says that you cannot load the Aircraft Parameters needed to add your aircraft to the list of usable aircraft by clicking on "load data from FS". . .instead he says you must build your own config files by filling in the necessary parameters in the menu manually. My question in return was. . .then why does your WIKI page say otherwise and why bother having an option to "load data from FS" if, in fact, it must be done manually?