PDA

View Full Version : Carenado PA31T Cheyenne II Released

WarHorse47
March 30th, 2017, 18:10
Title says it all.

She's a real beauty. :encouragement:

Find her here (http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php?accion=product&correl=189).

kiki
March 30th, 2017, 20:03
No European liveries? :(

wombat666
March 30th, 2017, 22:41
No African, Asian, South American, Australian or New Zealand either but the repainters will most likely sort that out!
:173go1:
Not stopping me from adding this nifty twin to my hanger!
The Aerosoft version crashed with monotonous regularity in FSX, but it was a port from FS9.

kiki
March 31st, 2017, 05:51
No African, Asian, South American, Australian or New Zealand either but the repainters will most likely sort that out!

Let's hope so. But quite often repainters are not able to give us so many repaints for the Carenado/Alabeo planes.

euroastar350
March 31st, 2017, 08:31
Let's hope so. But quite often repainters are not able to give us so many repaints for the Carenado/Alabeo planes.

And for a very good reason. All the latest Carenado/Alabeo models are a nightmare to paint, just open up the exterior textures in a paint program and you'll see why :dizzy:

kiki
March 31st, 2017, 22:12
And for a very good reason. All the latest Carenado/Alabeo models are a nightmare to paint, just open up the exterior textures in a paint program and you'll see why :dizzy:

Exactly! That is what I said in other words. It'S sad.

RKinkor
April 1st, 2017, 04:57
So other than the paints being US registrations, how is it otherwise?

WarHorse47
April 1st, 2017, 06:05
So other than the paints being US registrations, how is it otherwise?Depends on who you ask IMHO.

For me, I like it. The artwork is great, typically Carenado attention to detail. Flight dynamics are straightforward. Sounds seem a little weak to me, not sure if that's typical of that aircraft. There are some ground vibrations that's a nice effect. Everything fits for my style of flying when you want something nice and fast and simple to fly. I've taken several short flights including one at dusk into Boeing Field and I really like their night lighting, internally and externally.

There's a lot of comments on the unofficial Carenado forum, so if you expect perfection you may want to see what is posted there on Avsim.

RKinkor
April 1st, 2017, 08:34
Depends on who you ask IMHO.

For me, I like it. The artwork is great, typically Carenado attention to detail. Flight dynamics are straightforward. Sounds seem a little weak to me, not sure if that's typical of that aircraft. There are some ground vibrations that's a nice effect. Everything fits for my style of flying when you want something nice and fast and simple to fly. I've taken several short flights including one at dusk into Boeing Field and I really like their night lighting, internally and externally.

There's a lot of comments on the unofficial Carenado forum, so if you expect perfection you may want to see what is posted there on Avsim. Thank you, not really expecting perfection, just expecting their usual good product. I have quite a few of their aircraft already and normally this would be an automatic buy as there are so few Cheyennes in FSX money is really tight right now so I have to wait a bit. I am also hoping sales are successfull on this one so hopefully they will do a 400LS Cheyenne.

ksheadley
April 1st, 2017, 15:45
She's a beauty. As long as you understand where Carenado/Alabeo fit into the flightsim market, you won't be disappointed. There may be a few issues, and the commandos over at avsim surely let them know, but it is standard Carenado fare although those darn painkits:banghead: are a real pain.

wombat666
April 1st, 2017, 22:02
Like it very much!
Even with just N registrations.
Certain repainters seem to manage well enough with Carenado/Alabeo paint kits so we might even get alternatives, as I tend to fly Northern USA and Canada in P3D I can't complain.
One VH registration is on my wish list ..........:encouragement: