PDA

View Full Version : Very Exclusive Review of New Handley Page HP.137 Jetstream

Aharon
March 30th, 2017, 12:40
Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Presenting my world exclusive review of Rick Piper's new freeware W.I.P. but full working add on aircraft called Handley Page HP.137 Jetstream by recreating Big Sky airline's real world flight from KBIL Billings Logan International Airport located two miles northwest of downtown Billings in Yellowstone County in Montana to KCPR Casper–Natrona County International Airport located 7 miles northwest of Casper, Wyoming.

Cool view of engine

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx348/CVA0343/Jetstream/js1_zpsshuyce8f.jpg

Cool view of landing gear and engine

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx348/CVA0343/Jetstream/js2_zpswerzztcg.jpg

Passengers boarding the planes according to the seat numbers

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx348/CVA0343/Jetstream/js3_zpsbqhqkhrp.jpg

Closing the passenger door

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx348/CVA0343/Jetstream/js4_zpstfbk6kty.jpg

Because of regulations of the forums not allowing more than 4 screenshots per post, please be kind enough to go to this hyperlink as seen below to view rest of the exciting flight.

Here is the link: http://tonymadgehjg.proboards.com/thread/8499/exclusive-review-freeware-handley-jetstream

For your fun commuter flights, I would recommend this freeware plane!!!

Thank you for viewing!! Stay tuned for next exciting flight.

Regards,

Aharon

StormILM
March 30th, 2017, 12:55
Very interesting. I had long thought this project was likely shelved due to Rick's personal/family needs (which all of us understood & support). It looks very good and hopefully we'll get a chance to fly it in the near future. Please keep us posted.

PeteHam
March 30th, 2017, 16:19
Very nice Aharon :applause:

Do you have a link to the aircraft download and texture please?

Thanks.

Pete

falcon409
March 30th, 2017, 16:51
Seems it requires a login for flightsimworld to download. Never heard of them.

falcon409
March 30th, 2017, 20:15
Anyone at all who has downloaded? I have log ins for both Toni's section as well as the main forum, yet clicking on the link in that thread reveals a third login requirement, would someone please shed some light on this?

ryapad
March 30th, 2017, 20:40
What link are you trying to download from? I can't seem to find what you are talking about.

falcon409
March 30th, 2017, 21:06
What link are you trying to download from? I can't seem to find what you are talking about.
The link in this thread at the top of the page takes you to the HJG's Forums. The instant that page loads you are presented with an "authentication required" popup for flightsimworld. . .I assume to download the aircraft. I don't have anything for that website and actually if I Google that site and try to load it I'm greeted with the exact same "Authentication required" popup. Additionally, any link found in a search for that website when clicked renders the exact same results. . ."authentication required". You can't get into the bloody website and I've found no way to register for that same reason, it's like putting the cart before the horse.

PeteHam has also questioned where the link is to download. If it's on the flightsimworld.com site that seems to be a dead end, so how do you access the bloody site?

Naismith
March 30th, 2017, 22:14
http://www.cbfsim.co.uk/ but I think you must be a member and even then it is in the forums (I think) because it is an unfinished Beta by RP

StormILM
March 30th, 2017, 23:10
it is in fact in the forum (and yes, you have to be registered). It's in the New Releases and Support forum and has been released "as is".

falcon409
March 31st, 2017, 04:33
Ok, well, I know I was a member of that Forum however it no longer recognizes my login, so I had to register all over again. Part of the registration is to answer a question to eliminate any chance that I am a "bot". Most sites that I have seen this on simply require a check mark, thereby proving the requirement. Not this site though, no they require that you know little known facts about British aircraft, as in the specific registration for the only aircraft of a type to carry a Camo Scheme with the RAF. Really. . .do you people keep all these insignificant answers on flash cards or something? I apologize for my irreverence, but please, ask a question about flight, about a part of an aircraft, about a gauge. I looked up the first two questions and found what I assumed were the answers. . .on no. . .wrong answer, try again. . .and here's your next little known question. Sorry. . .I guess at least it's a good way to weed out those of us who are not British Aircraft aficionados. I did discover one little known fact though. . .I don't need this airplane as much as I thought I did. Bye!

txnetcop
March 31st, 2017, 05:22
STUNNING! Has Rick Piper ever done any less? I doubt it!
Ted

Aharon
March 31st, 2017, 07:12
Attention everybody attention everybody attention everybody

The plane along with many liveries are available at the forums of Classic British Flight Sim at its hyperlink: http://www.cbfsim.co.uk/cbfs_bb/index.php

Just ignore weird pop in sign window by Flightsimworld. It is bug caused by flightsimworld. Just ignore it by closing it.

HJG has nothing to do with this plane. Do not even know why HJG comes up in this subject but hey they just released new BAE146 jets now!! Yes it is off topic. LOL

Falcon409, No need to give up!!! If the answer to question for sign up is hard, just use Google for answers. It is worth the effort to get all liveries and the plane plus plenty of tech support plus plenty of free education on history of British commercial aviation provided by forum members. It is GOLD MINE there!!

Regards,

Aharon

falcon409
March 31st, 2017, 07:38
. . . . .Falcon409, No need to give up!!! If the answer to question for sign up is hard, just use Google for answers. It is worth the effort to get all liveries and the plane plus plenty of tech support plus plenty of free education on history of British commercial aviation provided by forum members. It is GOLD MINE there!!

Regards,
Aharon
Please re-read my post above where I say that I googled the question, got what I thought was the correct answer and it was still wrong . . . .twice. I'm sorry but I'm not a Historian on British Aircraft and I won't spend endless time looking up answers that turn out to be "slightly incorrect", enough to kick out a "incorrect response". Sorry but the airplane isn't worth going through hoops to download.

keithb77
March 31st, 2017, 07:50
The site has been trashed in the past so they're a little sensitive...downloading now :)
The question I got was "What was the registration of the VC10 which flew in RAE Bedford colours" - google gives the answer as the first hit...
Cheers
Keith

falcon409
March 31st, 2017, 07:59
The site has been trashed in the past so they're a little sensitive...downloading now :)
The question I got was "What was the registration of the VC10 which flew in RAE Bedford colours" - google gives the answer as the first hit...
Cheers
Keith
Same "answer" I got (G-ATDJ). Wrong answer according the the Bot Checker

gastonj
March 31st, 2017, 08:02
Cheers
Keith

Yes, sure ! If you are not British you can't! What time shows my clock hidden? Short Belfast motor or what is the registration ....what is the color of my pants today?

JMC

StormILM
March 31st, 2017, 09:12
The external model looks great and the VC panel is top notch but the seats, cockpit bulkhead, and other details are not modeled yet. If Rick ever gets to finish it in due time, there's no doubt it will be a superb model.

falcon409
March 31st, 2017, 09:47
Yes, sure ! If you are not British you can't! What time shows my clock hidden? Short Belfast motor or what is the registration ....what is the color of my pants today?

JMC
lol, Exactly JMC. . .good one!

Aharon
March 31st, 2017, 10:01
Falcon409,

If you give correct answer that the website deems to be incorrect, it means your web browser is blocking cookies. See what you can do to set your web browser to accept cookies from the British website.

Also, the owner of the British website is regular RIGHT here in this SOH forums. Ask him for assistance and he will help you.

When I had similar trouble registering into the SOH forums for same reason you are experiencing, I asked SOH owner and staff members for assistance. They helped me.

Regards,

Aharon

DaveB
March 31st, 2017, 10:01
Ed.. send me a PM with your old username and email address and I'll reset your account.

ATB
DaveB:)

511Flyer
March 31st, 2017, 23:23
Is this "Bash the Brits" week?

:a1310:

falcon409
April 1st, 2017, 03:55
Is this "Bash the Brits" week?

:a1310:
Not at all, but this site needs to change its verification process. You shouldn't have to be an Aircraft Historian to get into a simple Forum.

DaveB
April 1st, 2017, 04:58
Ed,

I see you've managed to get in and without my help;) The forum has been in pretty much the same format for the last 13years and I think the capcha has been changed once in that time and it was only changed then to block the ever increasing numbers of spambots getting through the more conventional registration option. It was, once upon a time, rather more than a simple forum;)
ATB

wombat666
April 1st, 2017, 04:58
Not at all, but this site needs to change its verification process. You shouldn't have to be an Aircraft Historian to get into a simple Forum.

Agree 100%!
I registered quite some time ago but (for some unfathomable reason) I can't log in now, and most of the 'verification' questions are so eclectic they are ridiculous!
One might have a reference handy to look up an answer but really, as pointed out by falcon409, 'You shouldn't have to be an Aircraft Historian to get into a simple Forum', and a 'British Aircraft Historian' at that.
:173go1:

DaveB
April 1st, 2017, 05:03
Your opinion duly noted Wombat. As for the verification questions, there are only 2 to my knowledge so I don't think 'most' is an appropriate word;)
ATB

scotth6
April 1st, 2017, 05:16
Same "answer" I got (G-ATDJ). Wrong answer according the the Bot Checker

I had the same answer and was also incorrect.

The engine for the Shorts Belfast answer is "Tyne".

wombat666
April 1st, 2017, 05:22
Your opinion duly noted Wombat. As for the verification questions, there are only 2 to my knowledge so I don't think 'most' is an appropriate word;)
ATB

Been some time Dave and I was rather cranky about it.
Nothing personal.
:encouragement:

scotth6
April 1st, 2017, 05:22
ATB

OK. How about "all"

:biggrin-new:

I got the Belfast engine question right ("Tyne" - would I still have been right if I answered Rolls Royce Tyne?), but even with google I still don't know the rego of the VC-10. Maybe multiple choice may be a better way to go. Just a friendly suggestion.

ezunino
April 1st, 2017, 05:23
Satisfactorily registered in the site but still I do not receive confirmation email. How many days do I have to wait?

DaveB
April 1st, 2017, 06:06
OK. How about "all"

I got the Belfast engine question right ("Tyne" - would I still have been right if I answered Rolls Royce Tyne?), but even with google I still don't know the rego of the VC-10. Maybe multiple choice may be a better way to go. Just a friendly suggestion.

The simple answer is I don't know Scott. Our webmaster as been off radar due RW issues (he was left with 2 small children to look after) and I'm loathe to fiddle in the back office for fear of breaking something. Easy peasy in the old days but as the security increased, there are now more things in there I know nothing about:dizzy:

ezunino..
It should be by return or thereabouts. I'll have a look and activate you manually if possible;)
(edit).. your account is now active
ATB

ezunino
April 1st, 2017, 06:08
Thanks a lot DaveB

Aharon
April 1st, 2017, 06:36
Nothing wrong with super cool DaveB's forums' registration process which shows ultra safest security measures considering the fact that bots and narobots are NOT educated in British aviation history :adoration::adoration::adoration:

Better be safe than be sorry.

I would rather be member of WELL PROTECTED AND WELL GUARDED forums than of any forum being crawled with bots and narobots.

Regards,

Aharon

wellis
April 1st, 2017, 07:01
Nothing wrong with super cool DaveB's forums' registration process which shows ultra safest security measures considering the fact that bots and narobots are NOT educated in British aviation history :adoration::adoration::adoration:

Better be safe than be sorry.

I would rather be member of WELL PROTECTED AND WELL GUARDED forums than of any forum being crawled with bots and narobots.

Regards,

Aharon

took all of 4 minutes to get through the registration process AND receive an email post to verify my new account. Just sayin'

scotth6
April 1st, 2017, 08:59
The simple answer is I don't know Scott. Our webmaster as been off radar due RW issues (he was left with 2 small children to look after) and I'm loathe to fiddle in the back office for fear of breaking something. Easy peasy in the old days but as the security increased, there are now more things in there I know nothing about:dizzy:

ezunino..
It should be by return or thereabouts. I'll have a look and activate you manually if possible;)
(edit).. your account is now active
ATB

Yeah, TBH it didn't take me too long anyway, and I agree with Aharon's statements above about good security. I guess I learned something on the way too, so no biggy. I was just trying to be funny with my "all" statement above.

It could potentially stop some people, as there are many hoops to jump through all over the net, and depending on someones mood and how many of these hoops they've jumped through in the past, they may give up quite easily.

I have downloaded many aircraft from the site in the past, and it is a great resource for addons and people, so I hope the site continues strongly.

:applause:

Cheers,

PeteHam
April 1st, 2017, 09:49
Satisfactorily registered in the site but still I do not receive confirmation email. How many days do I have to wait?

Finally re-registered yesterday, but still waiting conformation.

Pete.

DaveB
April 1st, 2017, 10:12
Finally re-registered yesterday, but still waiting conformation.

Pete.

Pete..

I manually activated your account earlier today.. just in case;)

ATB

PeteHam
April 1st, 2017, 11:03
Pete..

I manually activated your account earlier today.. just in case;)

ATB

Thanks Dave :applause:

I'm in and searching for goodies :jump:

Pete.

falcon409
April 1st, 2017, 12:33
Getting about 30 days from turning 70 will make just about anyone cranky, lol. Then when you add a verification process that doesn't like your answers. . .the cranky level goes way up. Anyway, I refused to be beaten and finally gave it an answer it agreed was correct. So I have the aircraft. . .an excellent one at that and who needs seats when you're gazing around at the scenery from the cockpit? Doesn't bother me at all. So I did a quick livery to commemorate my home base.

DaveB
April 1st, 2017, 12:54
I'm sorry you had the hassle Ed and understand your frustration. Likewise, those who waited for confirmation emails that never arrived. I've no idea why this was unless your mail servers binned them as spam. The system is fully automated so why some got emails immediately and some didn't.. well.. that's pc's for ya!:dizzy: I sat waiting for a verification email from a Scandinavian FS site a few weeks ago and almost gave up the wait. Checking my junk folder.. there it was!!! It lets emails through from bogus Nigerian businessmen telling me I've been left $250,000 yet bins bonafide mail. GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Anywho.. enough already:biggrin-new: That's a nice looking paint Ed. You gonna release it?
ATB

Naismith
April 1st, 2017, 13:51
Getting about 30 days from turning 70 will make just about anyone cranky, lol. Then when you add a verification process that doesn't like your answers. . .the cranky level goes way up. Anyway, I refused to be beaten and finally gave it an answer it agreed was correct. So I have the aircraft. . .an excellent one at that and who needs seats when you're gazing around at the scenery from the cockpit? Doesn't bother me at all. So I did a quick livery to commemorate my home base.

Looks very smart in that livery too. I wouldn't say no to having a copy. :encouragement:

And Falcon, you have to keep up, not allowed to say Cranky anymore. It's now Passive Aggressive. Gotta keep those PC types happy. :biggrin-new:

PeteHam
April 1st, 2017, 20:02
Finally got this wee beastie installed .... it's a keeper :applause: :applause:

Aharon , where did you get the Big Sky Airline texture please ?

Pete.

DaveB
April 2nd, 2017, 04:40
Pete..

The 'plan' we had for repaints (all done by Rui Christina) was that they all go in the release thread but Rui got a bit side-tracked and has linked some (including Big Sky I think) in the Gallery. This is quite a long thread so I'd suggest starting at the last page and moving backwards.. http://www.cbfsim.co.uk/cbfs_bb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29435 . I can only apologise for this but when Rui gets excited.. he gets excited:biggrin-new: There's another paint (Cranwell) done by Peter Watkins over at Flightsim.com.

ATB

Aharon
April 2nd, 2017, 06:06
Finally got this wee beastie installed .... it's a keeper :applause: :applause:Aharon , where did you get the Big Sky Airline texture please ?

Good morning Pete!!!!!!

I got the Big Sky airline livery from the same CBFSIM forums owned by Dave B. The repaint can be found in thread post entitled Jetstream Paints located in New Releases & Support - Members only subforum of CBFSIM forums. The British forums' regulations do not permit me to enclose hyperlink for that thread. You need to go there.

And while you are there picking up Big Sky airline livery, you should pick up this cool looking awesome livery too as seen below:

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo18/AnnoymousCAYpilot/pi1.jpg

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo18/AnnoymousCAYpilot/pi2.jpg

Regards,

Aharon

DaveB
April 2nd, 2017, 07:34
The lads keen.. you've gotta give him that:biggrin-new:

I've already linked to the Gallery Aharon. What we don't allow is hyperlinking to downloads which is the same with most forums;)

ATB

txnetcop
April 2nd, 2017, 08:00
Dave I reregistered yesterday under my same "handle" as on here but still awaiting my confirmation...

DaveB
April 2nd, 2017, 09:14
Hang in there fella...

OK.. activated;)
ATB

txnetcop
April 2nd, 2017, 12:25
Thank you sir!:applause:
Ted

DaveB
April 2nd, 2017, 12:54
You're welcome Ted:encouragement:

My only wish is that Rick had finished it but a pile of stuff conspired to make this not happen. There is some light on the horizon though. While this may not impact on the Jetstream, I know that Rick is getting back into FS and has already blown the dust off FSDS. He currently has the latest P3D and the early SDK which means he can compile for FSX too. Nothing firm planned at the moment but.. we can but hope;)

ATB

Bjoern
April 2nd, 2017, 13:16
Are the cockpit seats and bulkhead really the only things still missing on the model or are there other bugs as well?

- Edit: No rudder pedals either, eh?

DaveB
April 2nd, 2017, 14:37
I honestly don't know the answer to that Bjoern. When the project stopped abruptly in Mar 2011.. we didn't realise it HAD stopped and were sat waiting for new developments. After a while, you don't see the missing bits so they're no longer missing.. if that makes sense. Externally, I think the model is there or thereabouts. The interior was very much WIP and ultimately, the reason for the projects stall.

ATB

TREETOP
April 2nd, 2017, 18:41
Dave,
As usual I have problems with my typing.:very_drunk:
I am getting the following.
"You have provided an invalid answer to the question."
"You have exceeded the maximum number of registration attempts for this session. Please try again later."
Thought I had the right answer however, can you give me some idea how long before I can "try again later"?:dizzy:

UPDATE - Dave, never mind. Made it in. Thanks.:jump:

DaveB
April 3rd, 2017, 00:11
Rgr that mate:encouragement:

Incidentally.. Rui's repaints are in a separate thread in the Members forum (above the Jetstream release).. not in the Gallery. He's confused me so gad knows what the rest of you must think:dizzy:

ATB

Bushpounder
April 3rd, 2017, 05:46
Not wanting to start a war, but payware companies should learn a lesson from Rick Piper. What a beautiful aircraft! Everything has worked that I have touched so far. The sounds are PERFECT. Very well done aircraft. Cannot believe it is FREEWARE! Thank you, Rick Piper!!

Don

DaveB
April 3rd, 2017, 12:56
Thanks Don. Now Rick has surfaced, he does pop in here and will appreciate your kinds words as well as those from other members. As Ed commented when he finally got his hands on it.. the fact it has no seats and there are other bits missing doesn't bother him at all. I'm of exactly the same view and I guess most who've come in contact with it are too;)

ATB

falcon409
April 4th, 2017, 06:56
Doing a Cross-Country with it right now, from Barnstable to NAS Ft Worth. In between I've been doing another livery:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/ejwells409/Jetstream-2017-apr-4-012.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/ejwells409/Jetstream-2017-apr-4-013.jpg

On thing I will try to avoid if I do any others. I will not use stripping that must be matched from the fuselage over the nose as this one is. Those two textures do not naturally match. I had to taper the red and white stripes on the fuselage to match what was on the nose. PITA! lol

Bjoern
April 4th, 2017, 12:38
I honestly don't know the answer to that Bjoern. When the project stopped abruptly in Mar 2011.. we didn't realise it HAD stopped and were sat waiting for new developments. After a while, you don't see the missing bits so they're no longer missing.. if that makes sense. Externally, I think the model is there or thereabouts. The interior was very much WIP and ultimately, the reason for the projects stall.

I understand what you're trying to say, Dave. If the virtual cockpit is fully functional in terms of switches, buttons and other controls, trying to get in some seats and a bulkhead could be well worth the effort.

DaveB
April 4th, 2017, 12:53
Yes mate.. they would certainly add to what is already a pretty decent package. He's doing a crash course on getting back into the swing of things with his unreleased Hawk T2 at the moment and Dave Garwood has done a basic TacPack fit for him (4x Sidewinders and Aden cannon). When he let the Jetstream go, I don't think he was intending to get back into modelling again but his interest is there so I'll run it by him;)

ATB

manecas
April 4th, 2017, 20:59
...On thing I will try to avoid if I do any others. I will not use stripping that must be matched from the fuselage over the nose as this one is. Those two textures do not naturally match. I had to taper the red and white stripes on the fuselage to match what was on the nose. PITA! lol

Yes, I know what you mean! :banghead:
I always spend a couple of hours trying to come up with a "visual" compromise with some liveries, too, but I find the final result always being worth it.
Rick has created a magnificent visual model, and fingers crossed he finds the time and interest to go back to it, as I said before, Im willing to carry on with more textures!;-)
rc

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/b032/j8gky79odoyid2j6g.jpg

manecas
April 4th, 2017, 21:04
Rgr that mate:encouragement:

Incidentally.. Rui's repaints are in a separate thread in the Members forum (above the Jetstream release).. not in the Gallery. He's confused me so gad knows what the rest of you must think:dizzy:

ATB

Again, sorry Dave, I thought that would be the right place to share my repaints, since the title is " Jetstream Paints"...didnt mean to cause any confusion, sorry....hope everything is sorted out now and everybody can download them from there?!
rc

manecas
April 4th, 2017, 21:19
Pete..

.... when Rui gets excited.. he gets excited:biggrin-new: .....
ATB

Yes, thats what motivates me into FSX, and repaints.:biggrin-new:
If I like a model that is visually accurate, flies great, etc, then I'll jump right into the texture folder, and see what I can do in order to enhance what is already a beautiful work of art, just like what happened with Miltons Mallard, and a few other FS aircrafts.

I only used Ricks original templates/textures ( credits go to his work really) and just added small details, in order to come up with a more elaborate visual look, that "payware" look, :biggrin-new: first the exterior, then of course, my favorite area to texture; the interior, lovely cabin dont you think?!
It was worth it every minute, considering it took me two weeks I had off from work, dedicated to this bird!

I plan painting a few more, and as mentioned before, Ill be sharing my repaints at that same thread " Jetstream Paints" in the Members section of the CBFS forum.
Sorry for any confusion though, didnt mean it.
rc

jlaurie
April 5th, 2017, 08:02
Kudos to all involved in creating this spectacular model. I have flown it and although it flies wel I have some problems. My PC is a bit cranky and maybe that's the problem but regardless I find . . auto pilot won't engage, engines won't start even with cheating with "ctrl E". External lights only work partially with weak landing lights and no marker lights on wing tips or empenage.
I welcome any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong and if so how to correct them.

Still love the aircraft,:untroubled:

Jeff

DaveB
April 5th, 2017, 08:33
Hi Jeff,

Wish I could say there was something wrong but they all work for me. By 'marker lights' on the wingtip and empennage.. do you mean nav lights? You can see them all in the shot Ed (Falcon409) posted above in his US Airways Express paint. The autopilot works just fine although it's a bit rudimentary. Make sure you have it powered up and you should be good to go. As for starting.. from cold and dark you need around 25% set on the throttles. This is enough for them to turn and burn;)
ATB

WarHorse47
April 5th, 2017, 09:29
Dave. Maybe you know the answer to this one.

I normally use keyboard shortcuts for the prop pitch, but that doesn't seem to work with the Jetstream. So how do you get a reverse pitch?

Thanks in advance.

DaveB
April 5th, 2017, 10:01
Hello mate,

I find the F2 key works a treat. You'll see the warning lights come on the centre panel, hear the engine pitch change and the pitch gauges will burst into life;)

ATB

Bjoern
April 5th, 2017, 11:42
Yes mate.. they would certainly add to what is already a pretty decent package. He's doing a crash course on getting back into the swing of things with his unreleased Hawk T2 at the moment and Dave Garwood has done a basic TacPack fit for him (4x Sidewinders and Aden cannon). When he let the Jetstream go, I don't think he was intending to get back into modelling again but his interest is there so I'll run it by him;)

No pressure. Maybe I can get that stuff in by means of - admittedly unelegant - mdl file editing. A full blown import into 3ds Max would of course open up a lot more possibilities, but costs a whole bloody lot of time in turn. I should talk to Rick first though.

WarHorse47
April 5th, 2017, 11:52
Hello mate,

I find the F2 key works a treat. You'll see the warning lights come on the centre panel, hear the engine pitch change and the pitch gauges will burst into life;)

ATB
DaveB:)Hmmm... the F2 key wasn't working for me for some reason. Guess I need to check it again.

Whoops. Got it. Helps to unlock it. :biggrin-new:

DaveB
April 5th, 2017, 12:14
Excellent:encouragement:

ATB

Aircanuck
April 5th, 2017, 12:17
I was told on the website where you download this beauty from that the production model did not have reverse thrust in real life !! Thought this was a bit odd ??

Essex
April 5th, 2017, 15:11
Are the cockpit seats and bulkhead really the only things still missing on the model or are there other bugs as well?

- Edit: No rudder pedals either, eh?

I felt compelled to merge in the front seats from the exterior MDL, never got round to merging in the pedals from the fs9 Jetstream, so can't say for sure it's possible.

Fantastic freeware in any case!

manecas
April 5th, 2017, 16:19
INTERSTATE & PACIFIC COAST AIRLINES done !:biggrin-new:

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/14f6/vr33xxf2aufx90f7g.jpg (https://www.mediafire.com/view/?vr33xxf2aufx90f)

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/51e2/m9ly96vogi1lu8t7g.jpg (https://www.mediafire.com/view/?m9ly96vogi1lu8t)

PeteHam
April 5th, 2017, 19:56
WOW :applause:

I'd love that Pacific Coast one please :jump:

Pete.

DaveB
April 5th, 2017, 23:53
Rui has released both in his Jetstream Repaints thread in the Members area at CBFS Pete:encouragement:

ATB

DaveB
April 6th, 2017, 03:48
I've had another question on using the reverse pitch so in an attempt to clear this up.. F2 alone will not work if the throttles have gone to the flight/start gate. Moving the throttles to this position engages the fine pitch stops (two small levers in the centre of the pedestal) effectively locking the throttles so they will not go further back in the gate. I'm not 100% sure if the fine pitch stops should be one lever or two (one for each prop) but on the model, they operate as one. So.. if you need reverse pitch to slow your landing roll.. click on the fine pitch stops then use F2. This will move the throttles past 25% to reverse;)

ATB

b52bob
April 6th, 2017, 05:59
Pita getting registered but well worth it. Great site.

cant say enough about this beautiful aircraft. Great flyer although I can't get the a/p to work. The power switch doesn't seem to want to turn on.

a payware quality aircraft.

falcon409
April 6th, 2017, 06:16
Pita getting registered but well worth it. Great site.
cant say enough about this beautiful aircraft. Great flyer although I can't get the a/p to work. The power switch doesn't seem to want to turn on.
a payware quality aircraft.
I bypassed the AP, added my own standard AP and use that (pop-up) while flying.

DaveB
April 6th, 2017, 06:34
Bob,

Just in case..
There's a panel on the upper centre console labelled Auto-Pilot Controller with an upper black section and a lower grey section. The AP master is on the lower grey part and left clicking should power on the AP and the indicator on the black part will go from white to black. TBH.. the master switch looks bu99ered but it does move from left (off) to right (on) when clicked.

Incidentally, I asked Rick about revisiting the Jetstream (FD seats/pedals/bulkhead e t c) and he told me he can't compile it at the moment and has no idea why. When he figures out why this is and can compile it again, it'll go on his list of 'things to finish';)

ATB

manecas
April 6th, 2017, 13:11
From a texturer point of view, Id love to be able to texture those rear bulkheads, and rear area, I dont mind flying standing up for now!:biggrin-new: