PDA

View Full Version : Free Alphasim!!!

gera
October 8th, 2008, 08:04
Hey guys go to Avsim and hit "What´s New" and you will find 8 Alphasim
classics totally Free--out today!!!!.........................:kilroy:

Aerobat85
October 8th, 2008, 08:55
How many will work fine in FSX, as they're for FS9?

gajit
October 8th, 2008, 09:00
Hey guys go to Avsim and hit "What´s New" and you will find 8 Alphasim
classics totally Free--out today!!!!.........................:kilroy:

Well spotted!

Thanks Alphasim for the presents :applause:

wilycoyote4
October 8th, 2008, 09:07
It is 9 released if I can still count. :medals: As for usefulness in FSX I'll try them in the fullness of time. :ernae: :running:

Lightning
October 8th, 2008, 11:02
Just picked up the F-80 which was one model I never had from AS and I'm very pleased to have it ! :jump:
Thank you to all the developers of this model.
One thing I noticed and was extra pleased with, was the fact that unlike ALL the flight models from Shane, (this one being one of Jay's) the aircraft will follow the ILS glide slope right down to the ground like it's on rails.
Seems that ALL of Shane's flight models lose the glide slope at 4 miles out and start porpoising up and down and will crash if you don't disengage the auto-pilot.
I've mentioned this more times than I can count, but nothing has been done. :banghead:
Not worth the time to correct? :ques:
I'm SURE that it must be in the template he uses for all his flight models, because they ALL have the same exact characteristic.

Oh well, maybe Jay will take pity on me and figure out what is different from his .air files and Shane's so they can be adjusted?

gera
October 8th, 2008, 11:27
How many will work fine in FSX, as they're for FS9?

Usually by some tweekin you can get FS9 planes to fly fairly well. Some Alphasim models just work right off. If you are not a "perfectionist" you can use a FSX panel and fly accurate and true...:running::running::running:

Thoe6969
October 8th, 2008, 11:27
Just installed the Beaufort,flies good in sp2,glass is ok,a lot of things in the vc are not clickable,but the 2D is fine.Of course it needs some of Banana Bobs props.

fsafranek
October 9th, 2008, 19:05
The two-seater model was left out of the MiG-25 set by mistake. I just uploaded it to Avsim and here. It should be available from both tomorrow I would expect. The way to tell it is the newer one before downloading is that the file size will be about 6.5 MB. The earlier (current as I write this) one was just over 5.5 MB. Go for the bigger one. :icon_lol:
:ernae:

dharris
October 10th, 2008, 04:06
I see they included the constellation set now. I have been using these ever since I got fsx, they work great.