PDA

View Full Version : Milviz F-16

YoYo
March 30th, 2017, 10:48
Next project :applause: .

https://scontent-waw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17457368_1411084698935901_698862400818810030_n.jpg ?oh=28fdc3a343d0431cbbef8ae52bc5eaf6&oe=596847DB

See anything you liked on tonight's 'Twitchcast'?

https://www.twitch.tv/milvizofficial/videos/all

ZsoltB
March 30th, 2017, 11:24
Yes! Yes! Yes!

Perfect!

xpelekis
March 30th, 2017, 12:11
It'll take long to come out but best seller...

Daube
March 30th, 2017, 14:06
I really think this is an excellent news and I'm really looking forward to a TacPack Falcon ! :applause:
However, I'm worried about Milviz ability to create the avionics of such a complex airplane.
Can we hope a simulation close to the F-16 in Falcon 4.0 BMS ?

n4gix
March 30th, 2017, 14:26
Next project :applause:

https://www.twitch.tv/milvizofficial/videos/all

There are no videos there! :dizzy:

Mach3DS
March 30th, 2017, 16:37
I really think this is an excellent news and I'm really looking forward to a TacPack Falcon ! :applause:
However, I'm worried about Milviz ability to create the avionics of such a complex airplane.

Ummm.....I'm not sure what many people understand about "coders" but...I think many people seem to think that unless it says "Accu-" it's somehow not as advanced? And I'm not implying you think this either Daube. To be perfectly candid, Milviz likely employs THE best coders in the business, bar none. The ADV phantoms is absolutely INSANE under the hood. The fact that it does what it does, the way that it does is simply mind boggling. That's one platform that is known...there are others. I'm not going to name names but I can pretty much assure you that milviz hasn't finished breaking barriers with firsts. That is all. I'm not taking any questions...lol.

wombat666
March 30th, 2017, 22:52
Be great if they finish a few of their other aircraft first, considering that this will be a duplication of other releases, albeit with (apparently) TacPack capability.

Daube
March 30th, 2017, 23:16
Ummm.....I'm not sure what many people understand about "coders" but...I think many people seem to think that unless it says "Accu-" it's somehow not as advanced? And I'm not implying you think this either Daube. To be perfectly candid, Milviz likely employs THE best coders in the business, bar none. The ADV phantoms is absolutely INSANE under the hood. The fact that it does what it does, the way that it does is simply mind boggling. That's one platform that is known...there are others. I'm not going to name names but I can pretty much assure you that milviz hasn't finished breaking barriers with firsts. That is all. I'm not taking any questions...lol.

I understand and agree with your remark Rick, and I know Milviz coders are good of course ! The Phantoms are a pretty good example.
But I believe the avionics of a Falcon are slightly more complex than the usual aircrafts they did until now.
I mean, look at the time they are taking to model a modern aircraft like the KingAir, which has only civilian instruments ? How much time will they need to program all of the avionics of a modern military jet, which has also military instruments and weapon systems to model ? This is what worries me.

Dino Cattaneo
March 31st, 2017, 00:30
Well... the F-16 avionics are well documented, and Tacpack provides a lot of pre-digested functions of a modern military avionic suite. Knowing MilViz capabilities I think that have it takes to create an awesome F-16. Will it be as good as Falcon 4.0 BMS in terms of completeness and accuracy? Well, if you consider that Falcon development took many years, probably there will be some minor details missing...but I am confident they will be negligible. This see,s to have all it takes to be the modern, Tacpack-driven F-16 that the FSX/P3D military community needs.

DagR
March 31st, 2017, 07:44
Looking fwd to this one, it looks great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SH427
March 31st, 2017, 07:50
See anything you liked in last night's Twitchcast?

THUD! THUD! THUD! THUD!
Also really excited to have and F-16 on the way. as a low-grade viper fan I'm pretty pumped for this year in FSX/P3d.

falcon409
March 31st, 2017, 07:54
I understand and agree with your remark Rick, and I know Milviz coders are good of course ! The Phantoms are a pretty good example.
But I believe the avionics of a Falcon are slightly more complex than the usual aircrafts they did until now.
I mean, look at the time they are taking to model a modern aircraft like the KingAir, which has only civilian instruments ? How much time will they need to program all of the avionics of a modern military jet, which has also military instruments and weapon systems to model ? This is what worries me.
Not knowing how far along they actually are on the Falcon (the single screenshot looks good but doesn't tell you much), consider the time factor on the Super Saber (4years at least?) and the coding required for that airplane and then compare that to the much more complex cockpit and avionics of the F-16. I agree with Daube on this one. . .nice to see it being developed, but beyond that I would place in the "don't hold your breath__ don't ask for a release date" category.

Daveroo
March 31st, 2017, 08:28
whut the hell is a "twitchcast"?

falcon409
March 31st, 2017, 09:24
whut the hell is a "twitchcast"?
I would refer you to post #1. . .there is a link there.

fsxar177
March 31st, 2017, 09:42

What he said.

Colin group's a lot of people into "coder" for the layman's understanding.

It's probably a 3d model recently purchased or acquired from another party. As is with many MilViz projects. It will probably be very good when complete. This is meant, I'm sure, to reveal nothing more than "hey.. we're doing an F-16".

- Joseph

Montie
March 31st, 2017, 10:02
Be great if they finish a few of their other aircraft first, considering that this will be a duplication of other releases, albeit with (apparently) TacPack capability.

Yep still waiting for their F-15C.

Boss86001
March 31st, 2017, 11:16
This is great news! Am really looing forward to it. :applause:

wombat666
March 31st, 2017, 16:20
THUD! THUD! THUD! THUD!
Also really excited to have and F-16 on the way. as a low-grade viper fan I'm pretty pumped for this year in FSX/P3d.

And what year would that be?
:173go1:

olderndirt
March 31st, 2017, 17:08
Why is it, when Colin and his gang get backed up with 'slow to deliver' products, they announce a new WIP? It always generates a brief burst of enthusiasm and, I suppose, removes some momentum from the "release date" crowd but with me it's becoming that old "who give's a sh!t".

Ripcord
March 31st, 2017, 18:40
What these early preview shots do is mark the territory for the developer -- particularly if they are established like Milviz. Far less likely now (still possible) that some other dev will seriously consider doing anything with the F-16 and TP.

SH427
March 31st, 2017, 19:42
And what year would that be?
:173go1:

The day my brain catches up to my fingers and therefore my wishful thinking as well!
:dizzy:

n4gix
April 1st, 2017, 08:19
Colin group's a lot of people into "coder" for the layman's understanding.
Here are a few daffynitions (yes, I spelled it that way on purpose):

Modeler - creates, uwv maps, and generates diffuse, specular, bump, and lighting files for the basic mesh of any project
Model Detailer - animates, tags, and scripts XML for the project, exports and compiles model files, calibrates any 3d gauge objects
Texture Artist - creates liveries for project aircraft
Coder - creates custom systems code in C++/GDI+ etc. for the project

This is a basic outline of the responsibilities for each team member, but reality dictates that a lot of dependent interaction must occur during the entire process. :encouragement:

Naruto-kun
April 2nd, 2017, 12:21

As one of the glass capable programmers in the company, I will try to give a little insight into the intricacies of our job :)

First of all, glass is actually considerably easier to program (at least, for those who know how to do so) than steam. It is a lot faster to design, especially recently when we made some new tools that allow us to design and test the system logic in a program completely independent of the simulator, a lot easier to debug, and also has a fun factor that adds to the enthusiasm. To give you an idea, I tried a making a proof of concept set of T-45C MFDs and HUD with our new tools. A job which would have taken 4 months in the sim was compressed into just over 3 weeks (and no Milviz isn't doing a T-45C. I am giving the code to Dino though). One final plus is that we can remove almost all the framerate impact with our tech.

Now to dispel a little myth regarding military vs civvie avionics....Civilian glass cockpits are actually way more complex than military fighters (not talking about cargo/tanker birds which are more like civvie aircraft + some combat systems). The FMS and navigation displays are the biggest parts that can slow things down. On the military side, the navigation systems are by far simpler. Even things like UFCs and HUDs are a piece of cake compared to a Proline 21 system (don't get me started on Proline 4, Fusion, or Garmin displays) as you don't have to deal with SIDs and STARs and all that stuff.

Now as to our capabilities...Aside from the T-38A and F-4 ADVs coming up (completely external flight models like the MJC Q400 although not using the same engine), one the stars which isn't far from completion is our T-38C (which is actually older than the KA as it was waiting for a programmer who wasn't tied up with higher priorities and willing to do it). It has the most complex set of avionics I have ever seen on a fast jet (not even the F-15E comes close), but it is still not nearly as complicated as an FMS3000/Proline 21 setup. There are some as yet secret features in it that you will find to be quite a pleasant surprise.

In short, the systems of the F-16 are well within our capability.

Yep, T-38C is more overdue than anything else and is nearing completion.

Daube
April 2nd, 2017, 13:47
Thanks for the great explanations Naruto-kun.
Looking forward to this bird !

henrystreet
April 2nd, 2017, 16:11
To give you an idea, I tried a making a proof of concept set of T-45C MFDs and HUD with our new tools. ...(and no Milviz isn't doing a T-45C. I am giving the code to Dino though).

Is that an accurate simulation of the T-45C MFD's (not just a duplicate of Dino's)?

Naruto-kun
April 3rd, 2017, 04:08
Is that an accurate simulation of the T-45C MFD's (not just a duplicate of Dino's)?

Yes. Data entry panel interactions are also simulated, along with the various data pages (GPS, Aircraft, and Waypoint).

henrystreet
April 3rd, 2017, 13:50
Yes. Data entry panel interactions are also simulated, along with the various data pages (GPS, Aircraft, and Waypoint).

Amen, my nugget brother.

jmig
April 3rd, 2017, 14:09
I have been helping test the T-38C. I will say it is a fun airplane to fly. The Up Front Control Panel (UFCP) is slowly coming to life. Each revision allows us to do more with the electronics. I am looking forward to when I will be able to program a flight plan and go x-country. If you like the T-38A, I think you will love the T-38C.

As for the F-16, another airplane I am itching to get my hand on, it isn't even on the testing list yet. I hope it doesn't take as long as the T-38C has taken. However, when it is released, I am sure jet fighter types will be happy.

wizzards
April 5th, 2017, 14:34
Milviz should Finnish the king air that they have been paid for by 400 customers,another new product is not what they need to add to the ever growing list,so instead of telling us how capable of producing complex add on,s you are,show us complete the King Air! if you really can

n4gix
April 6th, 2017, 09:31
Milviz should Finnish the king air that they have been paid for by 400 customers,another new product is not what they need to add to the ever growing list,so instead of telling us how capable of producing complex add on,s you are,show us complete the King Air! if you really can
The KA350i is in the hands of a dedicated team having the PL21 system coded. What are the rest of us employees supposed to do? Sit on our hands? Please believe me, everyone at Milviz has their specialty, and we are all being kept busy working on multiple projects! :adoration:

jmig
April 6th, 2017, 17:54

I understand your desire to see the King Air finished. I too, purchased it when it came out in Alpha. I have watched it develop both within the Beta team and from email updates from Milviz. I can assure you it hasn't been forgotten. Some aircraft just don't come together as well as you would like. They give headaches to the developing team, and in this case frustration to users. Colin has managed to get more than one problem child fixed and out the door. He doesn't quit on a project. The King Air will be finished, and I am sure, to the standards for which Milviz is noted.

Please bear with us Wizzards. As Bill (n4gix) said there is a team of professionals working on the systems coding. I have been on projects where it has literally taking months to get one little feature correct. However, in the end it is correct.