PDA

View Full Version : Black Sheep

Terry
March 29th, 2017, 04:39
The complete season 1 is being released in June.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Baa-Baa-Black-Sheep-Season-1/23155

PhantomTweak
March 29th, 2017, 11:14
I thoroughly enjoyed that show!
I was still in Yuma when the VMFAT-101 Phantoms went away and VMFA-513 moved in with their Harriers. They had a huge ceremony, with Pappy (the REAL one!) and Bob Conrad both there. I got to meet them. Just exactly what one expects them to be. Both really great people, and ohhh does Pappy have sea stories...
Well, had, anyway. :( Huge loss to Aviation, Marine Air in particular. The man was something else. Unique, I guess you'd say. I raised a glass when he went ahead :very_drunk:

Pat☺

stansdds
March 30th, 2017, 01:15
The best thing about that tv series was the aircraft. The acting was so-so and the story was pure fiction to the point the writers even changed the names of the islands. A series or movie that actually told the story of the 214 would have been awesome, but that's not how Hollyweird works, especially in the 1970's.

Victory103
March 30th, 2017, 07:22
Great news, really cemented my love for the Corsair as a kid.

sixstrings5859
March 30th, 2017, 12:15
Loved the series and too hoped for more accuracy but still the aircraft stole the show to me. Gotten bit by the warplane bug by my uncle's magazines . He gave me a bunch and got me into drawing them then building models. Then came Black Sheep and WWII aircraft became my favorite subject . Then to combat flight sims with my first being SWOTL. Glad to see it getting attention. From a old friend....

Flyboy208
March 31st, 2017, 21:39
Great news, really cemented my love for the Corsair as a kid.

Agreed ! My all time favorite warbird. Have seen the real thing so many times at my local airport doing low approach passes ... so cool ! Mike :applause:

sixstrings5859
April 1st, 2017, 04:11
The Corsair is a beautiful aircraft. In flight simming the Hellcat is on top to me. The F4U has such a long nose that it makes take off and landing more difficult . Once in the air it performs very well. The Hellcat handled well,rugged and good firepower. The Il-2 '46 Corsair does very well in combat. Choose the Hellcat there too. The Corsair is easy on the eyes and those crazy bent wings look so amazing . Wish we had a WWII series on tv. At least we have the AHC,History and Discovery channel and more . Lots of WWII stuff out now and more than i could imagine when i was a kid. Having a uncle in the Air Force got me interested in aviation. Worked on F-14 weapon systems in the Navy. Wish i had better grades when i was a teen to qualify as a pilot in the Navy.It is what it is though. Old tv shows like the Black Sheep are also clean entertainment . Liked The Rat Patrol back in the day also. Regards,Scott........ Long live combat flight sims !!

stansdds
April 1st, 2017, 06:11
The Corsair is a beautiful aircraft. In flight simming the Hellcat is on top to me. The F4U has such a long nose that it makes take off and landing more difficult . Once in the air it performs very well. The Hellcat handled well,rugged and good firepower. The Il-2 '46 Corsair does very well in combat. Choose the Hellcat there too. The Corsair is easy on the eyes and those crazy bent wings look so amazing . Wish we had a WWII series on tv. At least we have the AHC,History and Discovery channel and more . Lots of WWII stuff out now and more than i could imagine when i was a kid. Having a uncle in the Air Force got me interested in aviation. Worked on F-14 weapon systems in the Navy. Wish i had better grades when i was a teen to qualify as a pilot in the Navy.It is what it is though. Old tv shows like the Black Sheep are also clean entertainment . Liked The Rat Patrol back in the day also. Regards,Scott........ Long live combat flight sims !!

The F4U-1 and -1A performance was pretty much on par with the F6F-3 and -5 Hellcat, but with the introduction of water/methanol injection in later production -1A and all subsequent versions of the Corsair, the Corsair exceeded the performance of the Hellcat. As for the view over the nose, that is one of the reasons the USN opted to make the Corsair a land based aircraft and retained the Hellcat for carrier duty until early 1945. In early 1945 the USMC qualified two squadrons (VMF-124 and -213) for carrier duty. After a successful combat deployment aboard the Essex, the USN began to replace the Hellcat with -1D and -4 versions of the Corsair.

Curtis P40
April 1st, 2017, 18:27
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=48789&stc=1This was taken at the Tri State Warbird Museum in Batavia, Ohio, around three years ago. Hopefully it's a little farther along now. This one was the "star" of the show as it was the one that was always shown, going down and trailing smoke...

scotth6
April 1st, 2017, 18:53
I've got an idea I saw this show on TV early in the morning (or late at night, depending on how you look at it). The name just rings a bell.

BTW Just Flight are currently having a "newsletter" sale on the F4U-1 Birdcage Corsair. You need to enter the code "MARFLIGHT" to get 70% off.

Cheers,