PDA

View Full Version : Project AI Install Program ?

T Square
March 23rd, 2017, 10:55
I installed some scenery for FSX that calls for some PAI aircraft. Question is before I go through the process of installing this stuff. Does the PAI install program work in Windows 10 and also since the program is setup for FS9 will it install direct to FSX, if not what would be required to install them. The big question is PAI stuff is so old is it worth the trouble ?

awstub
March 23rd, 2017, 11:28
How I get around this is that I created a fake FS9 directory structure and just let it install into that.
Then I copy the files over to the corresponding FSX folders.
When I'm done I go back and delete the files in the FS9 folders, so that it's all "clean" again....waiting for the next install.

Bjoern
March 23rd, 2017, 15:53
The PAI installer is the least of your issues since the model packages themselves are hardly available anymore.

Which airplanes do you need?

modelr
March 23rd, 2017, 17:27
you also need to remember to convert any FS9 flight plans to FSX, or you won't have any AI. ANY FS9 plans in the folder turn off ALL FSX plans.

awstub
March 23rd, 2017, 20:01
This is a very good point. I use AI Flightplanner (AIFP) to find and convert any FS9 flight plans to FSX format.
Fortunately, AIFP is very easy to use.

you also need to remember to convert any FS9 flight plans to FSX, or you won't have any AI. ANY FS9 plans in the folder turn off ALL FSX plans.

T Square
March 23rd, 2017, 20:53
Bjoern
The PAI installer is the least of your issues since the model packages themselves are hardly available anymore.

That's not an issue. I have almost all saved to disk from my old FS9 days. but thanks for the offer. Sounds like a lot of hassle for a C-17 and a KC135 sitting on a ramp! I may rethink having AI for Altus scenery.

Bjoern
March 24th, 2017, 06:33
For what it's worth, here's the PAI Installer. No guarantees that it'll work.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/js33ystcey5brpp/PAI+Installer.zip

Keep the PAI model packages like an original Rembrand. AI users are often looking for one or more models!