PDA

View Full Version : If chet happens I always step in it

hey_moe
February 9th, 2009, 16:25
I swear sometimes I have the worse luck when it comes to pooters. I am updating my hardware and decide to order a new MB,processor and memory. I also found out that my water system got contaminated ..to make a long story short I also had to replace the pump,both blocks and radiator, plus hoses. Anyway I am excited...first thing...the motherboard went DOA within 20 minutes. Chet...spent about three hours hoping I could find something else, but ended up boxing it up to go back. First problem, I was unable to get eWiz to answer emails or phone calls. So I contacted Amazon. They said give them a few more days. OK...the following week they emailed me all upset because I filed a complaint with Amazon and they wanted me to stop the investigation, I said once I receive the replacement, not a rebuilt one or a refurbished one I would stop the investigation. So last Wednesday I spent fifty bucks and Fedx the MB so they would get it Friday. They said once they received it they would send another one out that day, same as how I shipped it to them.Since Friday I have sent them a couple of emails asking if they had received the board and was the other one on the way...oh yeah...we are talking 450.00 so far...if this was just a couple of hundred it would sting so bad. Today they informed me that they need to send the MB back to Asus to have it checked out. In about ten days or so if everything goes all right they will ship another back out...I said in your dreams jack. I contacted Amazon told them what had just happened and this isn't what I agreed to. They put me on hold for a bit, came back and agreed to refund the full amount. Ten minutes later I received a phone call from eWiz saying they were sorry and what could they do to stop this. I said overnight a new board.....they said I first need to stop the investigation by Amazon and then once they got info on it being canceled they would call me back ...I said good bye.......just ordered another one at Newegg.....that's what i should have done from the start. Do you guys think I was being a hard case...this has been going on for three weeks, if I let it go the course it would be 6 to 8 weeks before it was over with. I know I am just venting....but I know some in here have gone through the same chet!

Henry
February 9th, 2009, 16:50
Dang Moe I got a 386 500mghz
that wont give you any problems
2 floppys, water cooling is not good dont mix water with electrik
ise got a hair dryer the heater broke it blow cold
yours for a good price
H:engel016:

rpjkw
February 9th, 2009, 16:52
Hard case? No way. You've been more than patient. Had it been me, I'd have sic'd da wife on 'em, THEN they'd have really been sorry.

Bob

Lionheart
February 9th, 2009, 17:10
Moe, not at all... You gave them 2 chances..

First, they sent you a bad board,
Second, they didnt get back with you within several days
Third, they said they would send you back a used part??? (at $450.00?)
Fourth, they said they would send you a new one right back, and changed that to 10 to 14 days??
Fifth, they keep begging you to turn off the investigation and they havent even tried to make good with your investment???????

Very bad business..

Myself, I try to get back to customers within a day, if not emmediately. The only thing I have run into is people not being able to get my emails. I am being blocked by spam filters, lol.. arrghh.. But... In your case, it was evident that they 'could' get through to you and only when Amazon got in contact with them.

I wonder how many people are getting bad boards from them? They may be overwhelmed and are still trying to sell bad boards?

Somethings up.... Somethings not right.

Bill

cheezyflier
February 9th, 2009, 17:33
don't cut 'em the slightest bit of slack and don't lose no sleep about givin 'em both barrells. i'm so sick of the B.S. games people play i swear i am 1/2 a breath from gettin into a fight with the next S.O.B. who crosses me.
don't let 'em push you around.

Willy
February 9th, 2009, 17:44
Sounds to me like ya gave 'em a chance to make good on it and they started playing games. Good thing you didn't turn off the investigation and kept 'em on the hook.

gigabyte
February 9th, 2009, 19:08
Moe, all I can say is WTG, with the number of suppliers out there today and the options avaliable to buyers the only thing a vendor has to make them stand out is their customer service, if it is good they might make it through these tough times, if it sucks they most likely will not, and it is better for you to find out now and get you $$ back then give them more chances and find out they failed and you are SOL...

TARPSBird
February 9th, 2009, 19:13
You gave them every opportunity to provide decent customer service and they consistently jerked you around. You were right in filing the complaint with Amazon. Hope you now recover your money in a timely manner. Who sends the refund, eWiz or Amazon???

harleyman
February 9th, 2009, 19:26
You did the right thing.....And you know you did....

Thats a lot of money to just toss aside.......

Give em hell I say....Its their problem not...

It does suck to be forced to go thru stuff like that.....

Not always a buyers world out there....

crashaz
February 9th, 2009, 20:21
Gave em plenty of time Moe. Customer service needs to be answered on a prompt basis or it's the chet.

Case in point... found myself having to work two gigs.. my regular customer was having some problems that I was slow to answer. Got myself in a bind there... and then doubled my efforts making time to spend time onsite with their issues. They are happy campers now as I have been delivering above and beyond.

Always have to respond promptly.

One has to eventually do poop patrol.... or they end up stepping in chet. :rapture:

hey_moe
February 10th, 2009, 03:00
Well I didn't blame them for the MB being bad. Doing HVAC I run into bad parts all the time so that part really didn't bother me. It was the BS excuses they gave me. Tarpsbird, I have been dealing with Amazon for quite a while and also have an account with them. I bet cha they first check to see what type customer you are and how much you have spent with them before they offer to refund the money. Amazon usually doesn't refund the money, the seller does, but in this case Amazon agreed to refund me the money and go after Ewiz. If Ewiz would have said they were Fedx the replacement board overnight I wouldn't have said a word...it was when they said they needed to send it back to Asus for them to check over and then when Asus ships them the replacement board they would forward to me.Turn around time 10 to 14 days. What kind of company does that kind of BS to the customer.

Snuffy
February 10th, 2009, 03:06
If you would hang on to one system for more than 3 months instead of trying to keep up with the hardware technology, you wouldn't be having these problems cuz some other joker would have experienced them before you and alerted you to the problems before hand. :D

:amen:

Nausicaa
February 10th, 2009, 04:22
Well, following any theory of probability, I am not so suprised. You may not have anymore bad luck than anyone else. It's just so: The more you tinker around the more chances you create for something going wrong...

jmig
February 10th, 2009, 04:52
You did right, Moe. If they had your interest at heart they would have responded. I am in a similar situation with XM radio. i am about ready to call GM.

BTW: On the water cooling...you need to flush the system every so often. I heard that on Click and Clack.

:costumes:

Cazzie
February 10th, 2009, 06:19
You know what my old daddy always told me Moe? If you stand in chet long enough, pretty soon you'll start to smell like it!

True words, you done right!

Caz

GT182
February 10th, 2009, 14:33
You did good Moe. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/Thumbup.gif I hope eWiz wizzes in their pants over it. Serves em right for screwin you around.

I wonder if eWiz has been taking lessons from Best Buy. :costumes:

hey_moe
February 10th, 2009, 16:36
Hey guys don't let what happened to me change your mind from dealing with this company. You may buy something from them and everything worked perfect. I noticed that on everyone that had problems with any of there products had the same problem I was having as they posted just about word for word what happen to me. I guess if ya buy something from Ewiz and nothing is wrong with the product, you should be fine. I might be wrong here but I feel in this day and time customer support will hold more weight than the product itself. When something breaks down or is defective, when you call the company and they say we are sorry for the failure, and we will send you out a replacement ASAP...I will deal with that company no matter what. Newegg are sometimes higher that Amazon or TigerDirect, but out of everything I have brought I have never had a problem returning the product. SNUFFY...as for your statement, this is a cheap hobby for me...I don't hunt,fish,go to car races,ect..ect...this is just something I like to do...I also give most of my old stuff away. So I do share with our members in here. I also suggested last year to the members to lets build a super computer, have a contest and give it to the winner. I know I would have footed most of the bill for the tower...but what the heck...we have good members in here and this would have been a good contest...but we only had a hand full of members that wanted to go this way. :focus:

waco
February 11th, 2009, 09:43
Moe, you ought to register and post your experience on "reseller ratings.com". There was another bad experience from a guy on January 31 this year. Paradoxally, they have a good rating there of almost 9 out of 10.

Pepere
February 11th, 2009, 11:09
I have a rule if someone have a perfect rating something is wrong? Ebay 100% avoid. Bought something from one of those 100% places and item didn't work. I sent it back. They gave me a hard time. I wrote them a bad rating. Got there attention. They asked me to remove it. I did. They started giving me a hard time again. I emailed them.. Told them if all they wanted was to steel my $35.00 they could keep it. Next day got a refund. I just didn't rate them. I didn't use paypal so was "afraid" what they could do with my credit card. Now I only use paypal to purchase junk.

David :kilroy:

MaddogK
February 11th, 2009, 14:06
I have a rule if someone have a perfect rating something is wrong? Ebay 100% avoid. Bought something from one of those 100% places and item didn't work. I sent it back. They gave me a hard time. I wrote them a bad rating. Got there attention. They asked me to remove it. I did. They started giving me a hard time again. I emailed them.. Told them if all they wanted was to steel my $35.00 they could keep it. Next day got a refund. I just didn't rate them. I didn't use paypal so was "afraid" what they could do with my credit card. Now I only use paypal to purchase junk.

David :kilroy:

Oh noooo !

When they ask you to remove bad feedback you tell them you will when they replace the item, NOT before. It's gets INSTANT results everytime.

hey_moe
February 11th, 2009, 16:42
Hi David, I had the same thing happen on ebay where the seller screwed me over and then when I gave him a bad write up he wanted me to change it, he even called me at my home. I told him I refused to do it because how would the public be alerted to crappy service from sellers.

Kofschip
February 11th, 2009, 17:45
Keep at it Moe, nice guys always finish last.:gossip: