PDA

View Full Version : Fuel/payload not saving

Navy Chief
March 22nd, 2017, 11:38
Maybe this is normal, having not really changed fuel loads that much at all....but when I change fuel loads and save the flight.....shouldn't that fuel load be saved as well? Because they are not. When I start up a saved flight, the fuel loads all return to 100%:dizzy: NC

ncooper
March 22nd, 2017, 11:42
Hello,
How much fuel is in the aircraft when it is loaded is determined by the fuel entries in the aircraft.cfg file.
There are those that "remember" what fuel and oil they had in them but they tend to be made by the likes of PMDG, A2A,
CoolSky, that sort of thing.

Stickshaker
March 22nd, 2017, 12:13
For many aircraft you can change the fuel load and save it, but I recognize your problem. My remedy: after changing a fuel load in a tank, click on another tank and see if, for the tank you changed, the percentage and load in pounds both reflect your change. If not, try the change again. When satisfied, click on OK and then again on the fuel and payload menu to see if the changes are retained. If not, try again. After a few times I always am successful.

Navy Chief
March 22nd, 2017, 12:16
For many aircraft you can change the fuel load and save it, but I recognize your problem. My remedy: after changing a fuel load in a tank, click on another tank and see if, for the tank you changed, the percentage and load in pounds both reflect your change. If not, try the change again. When satisfied, click on OK and then again on the fuel and payload menu to see if the changes are retained. If not, try again. After a few times I always am successful.

I am taking a look at everything. It seems to be nonconsistent in saving. Weird to me. Seems like it would save, or it wouldn't save? NC

ncooper
March 22nd, 2017, 12:23
Unless the aircraft is given the means to remember its fuel load by its developer,
it will load whatever fuel and payload is written into the aircraft.cfg file.