PDA

View Full Version : Westerland-sylt Luftwaffe airfield

ian elliot
March 18th, 2017, 10:41
Ive been waiting a long time for an airfield to fly my WW11 German aircraft from, and ive done a quick and dirty update of a scenery i made for FS9, its pretty much as-is and im not going to do any more work on it, there's some small FS9 Texture issue's and there's no traffic file, its your's to play with as you please, :wavey:

mooringj
March 19th, 2017, 00:55
Ian,

Thanks for the upgrade. I was using a "patched" version of your fs9 version in fsx, but this one is way better!
It even works in dx10 with one or two textures corrected.

Btw your old traffic file still works (once converted to fsx):
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=48458&stc=1
Regards,

Jan

ian elliot
March 19th, 2017, 01:17
good to know, i'll give the traffic file a shot, :wavey:

huub vink
March 19th, 2017, 02:27
That is great news Ian! German WWII airfields are a forgotten corner both in FSX and FS9, so your efforts are very much appreciated :encouragement:.

Cheers,
Huub

IanP
March 19th, 2017, 23:46
Oup! Thanks for this... I can add it to my collection too! :)

Are there any other WW2 German Airfields? I have my three and three bits (three complete ones, two fictional ones and one that's just runways at present...), plus this, but I'm not sure of any others.

Also, Ian, would my German objects and soldiers be any use to you?

Cheers,

T'other Ian.

ian elliot
March 20th, 2017, 02:40
Hi Ian, im hoping these couple of airfields by Jan and myself will get the ball rolling, but im afraid there's not much out there already, my scenery is quite a few years old, made before i knew about your obs, the vehicles are by Edmundo Abad, api for CFS1, but seem to work with a little tweaking and minor texture issue's. I have started using your obs on a few other airfields, but we'll see where i end up with them, one is an adaptation of a modern FS9
airfield, Werneuchen, but ive had to carry out quite major surgery, so i probably cant do anything with it until i contact the original author.

cheers ian