PDA

View Full Version : Image hosting problems

WarHorse47
March 17th, 2017, 06:59
I'm going to post this issue in this forum as this is where I primarily post FSX images.

This morning I went to post a recent photograph on my Photobucket account and got an 'Image Failure" error. After several attempts using IE 11 and Google Chrome, I still could not upload an image. I tried the same thing on my ImageShack account, and got a failure there. I have no idea what is going on.

Other sites I use for file storage include OneDrive and Dropbox, and I have no problem uploading files to those servers. And I can upload an image to Facebook. I'm only encountering issues with Photobucket and ImageShack. And I should mention that I had no problem uploading an image just last week, so something has changed somewhere - like maybe a recent Win8.1 update?

Anyone experiencing problems like this or have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

wombat666
March 17th, 2017, 07:11
I'm running W7 Pro and Firefox, just uploaded this 'screenie' on Imageshack with no trouble at all.
Other than that I have no answers.
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1853x1025q90/r/921/xvw3aC.jpg

WarHorse47
March 17th, 2017, 07:18
I finally was able to post on Photobucket. Not sure what I did different other than to log in a second time. Weird.

We just got back from vacation, and I hate it when I haven't been on the computer for awhile and these things happen.

Cheers :very_drunk:

Dimus
March 17th, 2017, 08:26
Photobucket sometimes has such outages. You just need to be patient.

heywooood
March 17th, 2017, 08:30
photobucket seems to be a corrupted website..ad popups that cannot be deleted, constant failures. I have switched to Imgur - free - easy - and clean

Duckie
March 17th, 2017, 08:37
Seems Photobucket is regularly inundated with malware pop ups. It gets so bad sometime that you can't even get to your own library. Tried others but they don't seem to be much better.

WarHorse47
March 17th, 2017, 09:16
Yeah. I had to resort to AdBlock Plus for IE to prevent their ads from popping up every visit. Even with it disabled, I wasn't able to post. Considering what I pay for that account, they sure have things messed up.

I eventually setup an account with ImageShack, but really don't care for their interface. Think I'll give Imgur a try.

Ian Warren
March 17th, 2017, 10:04
I got feed up with Photo Mucket, years ago it was brilliant, able to have images up to 1280X1024 plus size then it dropped down then back up , then back down, I now stick to http://www.fsfiles.org/, a dedicated flightsim and photo site library site courtsey of OZx :encouragement: PERFECT !

Penzoil3
March 17th, 2017, 13:38
Yes, I use fs files too. Jay Kae over At OzX keeps it running like a top. You will never find that site corrupted I guarantee, Batman is vigilant!