PDA

View Full Version : Douglas C-47R Skytrain Beta V3.14 Fixes

Javis
March 16th, 2017, 07:51
Just uploaded here at the SOH library a mixed bag of assorted hotfixes to your Douglas C-47R Skytrain Beta V3.14 installation.

A picture tells a thousand stories so check it out :

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/mj_dc3vc/fixes_overview.jpg

Detailed information in the included readme_fixes.txt. The file is called 'Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14_Fixes.zip'

On behalf of DIGITAL DAKOTA WORKS,

Cheers,
Jan

Penz
March 16th, 2017, 08:47
Thank you very much DDW! :ernaehrung004:

Anneke
March 16th, 2017, 09:58
Great stuff!!!

papab
March 16th, 2017, 10:20
Thank you for the updates
Rick

billhuntsman
March 16th, 2017, 10:39
Thank you so much for the updates, especially the barometer and mixture fixes. The Com1 and VOR radios now work as advertised, but I notice that the ADF cannot be tuned unless the battery and avionics switches are on.

Bill

YoYo
March 16th, 2017, 10:42
Thx again and agian and again! :biggrin-new: :applause:

Pere
March 16th, 2017, 10:42
After spending my money on planes like the Connie of A2A, I came to the conclusion that this plane and all its development team deserve the best of the prizes, it is a real shame that the companies that are dedicated to the planes of payment, Do not even have the honesty to do a checklist like the C47, you have done justice to a plane that is a myth, now only need someone learn from you
:applause::applause::applause::applause:

Ian Warren
March 16th, 2017, 10:45
Great work Jan, Wizard Stuff ole chap :adoration: toodle pip .. to the hanger I go :encouragement:

Gooneybird565
March 16th, 2017, 10:48
Thanks a lot to the team!
I happen to think that you will never stop making a jewel even a better jewel!
Blue skies always!!!
Philippe

mgr
March 16th, 2017, 11:07
Thanks a lot Jan & team, it's getting better and better!!! :very_drunk:

Marcel

jankees
March 16th, 2017, 11:43
Thank you, guys!

fuzz1
March 16th, 2017, 11:43
Thank you to the team for continuing the evolution of this amazing release. If ever there existed a project worthy of ongoing efforts to achieve perfection, this one is definitely it.

speedy70
March 16th, 2017, 11:53
Thanks fellas.Great as usual.

Cheers Chris

gray eagle
March 16th, 2017, 13:28
Thanks for the updates.
I've installed the latest fix and like the animated wipers pretty neat :encouragement:

I would like to know if the anti-smash light (Anti-Collision) toggle is suppose to be functional?
The toggle switch is just flat. Other toggles seem work just fine.

I am using it in P3D V3.4

https://s27.postimg.org/ijwccnnub/Anti_SMash.jpg

THibben
March 16th, 2017, 13:50
I am pretty sure I have not installed the updates correctly. Is there anyway I can delete all and then install a single file which includes all of the updates?
This is probably the only way I will get the plane installed correctly.

Thanks for any help,

Tom

banjoman1960
March 16th, 2017, 14:19
Thanks for the updates.
I've installed the latest fix and like the animated wipers pretty neat :encouragement:

I would like to know if the anti-smash light (Anti-Collision) toggle is suppose to be functional?
The toggle switch is just flat. Other toggles seem work just fine.

I am using it in P3D V3.4

https://s27.postimg.org/ijwccnnub/Anti_SMash.jpg

itīs not functional

ncooper
March 16th, 2017, 14:19
Tom,

If you have changed nothing from the previous release, the installation procedure is
"copy the Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 folder from the download to your airplanes folder."
The remaining instructions in the readme refer only to backing up any changes you might have made.

Gray eagle

It is still a beta, if you look a bit further you will find some more switches that do nothing.

There is still a feedback and support topic (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/104728-Update-Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3-14-feedback-and-support-topic) which might be a better place for support requests and feedback.

Just a suggestion.

THibben
March 16th, 2017, 14:33
Tom,

If you have changed nothing from the previous release, the installation procedure is
"copy the Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 folder from the download to your airplanes folder."
The remaining instructions in the readme refer only to backing up any changes you might have made.

Gray eagle

It is still a beta, if you look a bit further you will find some more switches that do nothing.

There is still a feedback and support topic (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/104728-Update-Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3-14-feedback-and-support-topic) which might be a better place for support requests and feedback.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I don't remember what I have done previously as my memory is getting pretty poor.
I was hoping I could just start over. I have also asked the question in the support forum>

Tom

oldmsgt
March 16th, 2017, 17:27
Excellent work on the new updates. If I may make a suggestion for the next one, I'd like to see a more "age" appropriate course indicator (CDI). Please see below:

Cheers
:ernaehrung004:
The Old Master Sergeant

wallydog
March 16th, 2017, 17:44
Thank you for the update. This bird just keeps getting better and better.

I'm suprised nobody has mentioned this yet but is it possible for both landing lights to be toggled together since one of the switches is inoperable or are you guys planning for both Landing Light switches to operate their respective lights further down the road?

Oh.. and is there anyway to open the front pilot side door?.. Thanks!

cavaricooper
March 17th, 2017, 07:21
Many, many thanks for the update! Your collective works are greatly appreciated!

C

aspen31
March 17th, 2017, 07:31
Hi all
Just wondering if anyone else is having difficulty starting the number 2 engine since the update. Everything has always gone 100% for me in V3.14 but now I have not beem able to start NO 2 since the update - always possible that I have found a new way to screw up but so far no matter what I attempt simply no start although one of the pilots calls "No 2 starting up" probably more out of surprise than anything. The engine turns and the starter cuts out as this call is made but the engine does not start.
Advice appreciated.
Thanks
Warren (aspen31)

mjahn
March 17th, 2017, 07:57
The first engine to get started is engine no 2, perhaps you have been looking at engine no 1 instead?

Anyway, a fairly fail-safe way of starting an engine is to do it via the Checklist. Call up the Shift-5 Checklist, turn on voices, verify all relevant checkmarks are present on p. 1 (Before Startup), if not L-click the line so that the Checklist does it for you, then proceed to page 2, and again do nothing but L-clicking lines when prompted. This way, the Checklist will practically act as a live instructor demonstrating where the levers are and what needs to be done. Normally, after going through the Checklist prompts, the engines will start okay. If not give us a screenshot of the Shift-2 Control and Shift-3 Monitor panels and we will sort it out.

mjahn
March 17th, 2017, 08:15
I'm suprised nobody has mentioned this yet but is it possible for both landing lights to be toggled together since one of the switches is inoperable or are you guys planning for both Landing Light switches to operate their respective lights further down the road? Oh.. and is there anyway to open the front pilot side door?.. Thanks!

Yes, we want to be able to operate the landing lights individually, but we haven't reached that stage yet. The front door is rarely seen in open position, it's mainly an emergency and maintenance door, nevertheless it's a fair call.

aspen31
March 17th, 2017, 08:20
Hi Manfred
In my defense I was in fact looking at and attempting to start No 2 first but I confess to not (ever) using the checklist. I will now do that although it is not in my usual "Standard Operating Procedure". Have not had a failed start in V3.14 perhaps more out of blind luck rather than good management. I'll advise.
Thanks
Warren

Ian Warren
March 17th, 2017, 09:49
Yes, we want to be able to operate the landing lights individually, but we haven't reached that stage yet. The front door is rarely seen in open position, it's mainly an emergency and maintenance door, nevertheless it's a fair call.
:adoration: Or if unless your a sack of spuds going for a ride from Christchurch to Wellington and back in the jump seat of an old freight 'Dak' .. helped to load , that was fun but to get up and out and get inside , the trusty ole step ladder:encouragement:
http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/11/22/AirFreightLarge.jpg

aspen31
March 17th, 2017, 10:42
Well - if all else fails use the checklist - it seems I needed a refresher. No 2 starts fine.
Thanks Manfred
Warren

cavaricooper
March 18th, 2017, 11:25
Jan-

Does the current full DL have all the fixes incorporated? Thanks for your and the entire DDW team's efforts!!

C

ncooper
March 18th, 2017, 11:28
As far as I am aware, no, you should add the fixes to it.