PDA

View Full Version : RFN carrier gauge(Tacan) GONE!

Ganter
March 15th, 2017, 02:08
Morning chaps,

Does anyone know where I can lay my hands on this gauge? The royal French Navy website where it was has disappeared.

I'd like to be able to locate the carrier in all met conditions and this gauge does the job admirably - or so I have read.
Or, perhaps someone knows an alternative equally effective in the task.

Cheers,
Ganter

menef
March 15th, 2017, 02:19
Morning chaps,

Does anyone know where I can lay my hands on this gauge? The royal French Navy website where it was has disappeared.

I'd like to be able to locate the carrier in all met conditions and this gauge does the job admirably - or so I have read.
Or, perhaps someone knows an alternative equally effective in the task.

Cheers,
Ganter

This one? :http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia.fr/RFN-Creations.htm - scroll down to the 11 position

DaveB
March 15th, 2017, 03:15
Yep.. they were having problems with their provider and Restauravia kindly stepped in. I had to come back here a few weeks ago to find the link with the new address as I'd foolishly not updated my 'favorites'.:dizzy:

ATB
DaveB:)

menef
March 15th, 2017, 04:38
Yep.. they were having problems with their provider and Restauravia kindly stepped in. I had to come back here a few weeks ago to find the link with the new address as I'd foolishly not updated my 'favorites'.:dizzy:

ATB

Hi Dave! My problem with this software wasn't to find it but to make it works, and the problem is still present. I've followed the installation instructions but I have no 2d pop-up panel whewn I'm Flying...
I wonder if everything is present in the file downloaded or if it's necessary something else...

Ganter
March 15th, 2017, 05:03
This one? :http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia.fr/RFN-Creations.htm - scroll down to the 11 position

Lovely, thanks a lot Sir.

A quick techie re: the gauge; does it replace the meat ball onboard Jarvier's Nimitz with it's own generated one? Looks from the graphic/ screen shots as though it does, and my french translation is rusty to say the least.

DaveB
March 15th, 2017, 05:59
There should be an English manual with it Ganter. Look for RFN_Gauge_CarrierOps_V42_EN.pdf in the main folder:encouragement:

menef..
The gauge not showing as a 2D popup is generally associated with an install error. Let me know what model you're trying to install it to and we'll see if we can't work it out;)
ATB

Ganter
March 15th, 2017, 10:26
There should be an English manual with it Ganter. Look for RFN_Gauge_CarrierOps_V42_EN.pdf in the main folder:encouragement:

Got it!
Thanks Dave.

menef
March 15th, 2017, 11:05
menef..
The gauge not showing as a 2D popup is generally associated with an install error. Let me know what model you're trying to install it to and we'll see if we can't work it out;)
ATB
DaveB:)[/QUOTE]

OK. As soon as I've the time, thanks !!!

DaveB
March 15th, 2017, 12:04
No problem mate. Do it via PM if you wish. No point taking up space in NewsHawks:encouragement:

ATB