PDA

View Full Version : ETO Install problems

peterpan
October 8th, 2008, 07:20
Finally after 5 tries have got ETO installed (I think)

My problem is that when making the changes to the MASTERETOSTARTUP bat file (almost identical to the example given in the readme) it is not accepted. I get:-

"Cannot create the D:\Program Files\CFS3 ETO Expansion\MASTERETOSTARTUP.bat file
make sure that the path and filename are correct"

The ETOEraSwapper.bat also does not look like the illustration the
" :present... etc" is not there! so cannot make any changes anyway.

Can anyone give me a lead to what to try ?

pp

Nonato
October 8th, 2008, 07:40
Have you unchecked the case "read only" in the properties of this file?

peterpan
October 8th, 2008, 07:43
Yes. You can't get to the files without doing that.

pp

peterpan
October 9th, 2008, 06:19
In the absence of any help I have tried another reinstall of CFS3 and ETO.

Again the same problem the MASTERETOBSTARTUP.bat file will not accept any ammendment - this time the only change is C:\ to D:\..

Can anyone please help or should I just abandon ETO as unworkable?

pp

O-1Driver
October 9th, 2008, 06:24
Bob Park is our Install Wizard and he may be at work right now and unable to respond to your question. If you can bear with us I am sure Bob will be able to help you when he gets home. I can't help you with your question, if it were effects, missions or some other items I could.

Best Regards
O-1

grizzly50
October 9th, 2008, 06:44
:kilroy:Peterpan, here's the proper procedure:

1. Right-click on MASTERETOSTARTUP.bat and select properties from the menu.
2. Un-check the Read Only attribute on the MASTERETOSTARTUP.bat properties General Tab, then press Apply and OK.
3. Right-click MASTERETOSTARTUP.bat again and select Edit. Look for this: CD "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO. It's the pathway. In your case, you only need to change "C" to "D". Then Exit and Save.
4. Right-click on MASTERETOSTARTUP.bat and select properties from the menu again.
5. Re-check the Read Only attribute on the MASTERETOSTARTUP.bat properties General Tab, then press Apply and OK. You should be done with MASTERETOSTARTUP.bat.
6. Now go into the folder named "global_layer", and look for ETOGLSwapper.bat.
7. Now do the exact same procedure to ETOGLSwapper.bat that you did to MASTERETOSTARTUP.bat. Note: The line you need to modify is down at the very bottom of the Notepad page.

I hope this helps.:d

peterpan
October 9th, 2008, 06:45
Thanks 0-1,

I look back a little later on

pp

peterpan
October 9th, 2008, 06:56
Thanks Bear sooner than expected.

I get to your step 3 - when I Exit and save I get the response given in my first post. It just will not accept any of the various installs I've tried, each with a different route including the latest just C to D. All have been (and have to be) on HDD "D"

pp

rbp71854
October 9th, 2008, 08:58
Peter

Private message me with your directory path to your ETO Expansion and your e-mail address. I will create the batch files for you.

Bob

peterpan
October 9th, 2008, 13:49
Bob

PM sent. Thanks

peter

rbp71854
October 9th, 2008, 14:06
Email sent with batch files for D: Drive install