PDA

View Full Version : Leatherneck Simulations Dissolving Partnership

Phantom88
March 12th, 2017, 07:04
Yikes....not good........... :banghead:https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3076083#post3076083

"Dear everyone,

For almost three years we’ve been enjoying your overwhelming interest and support, successfully walking a very difficult road together and reaching a highly professional level in game development for our beloved platform –Digital Combat Simulator.

As you know, a business development resembles real life in many aspects; and apart from the amazing experiences we’ve had these years, there have also been some business and management issues and disagreements within our team. As in real life, problems have to be dealt with in a rational manner in order to keep things moving forward. This often results in having to make hard decisions for a better and more secure future.

The original “Leatherneck Simulations” four-people team has decided to part ways: three of us (Michael, Radu and Novak) will remain under one umbrella by creating a new company – MAGNITUDE 3 LLC, based in Florida, USA.

MAGNITUDE 3 LLC has acquired the rights to the “Leatherneck Simulations” brand and DCS: MiG-21Bis module. At the moment, we have three permanent staff members and two contract members.

Nicholas Dackard has acquired the rights for the DCS: AJS-37 Viggen and DCS: F14-A/B projects, which will be branded under a different company.

As for the future of “Leatherneck Simulations” and MAGNITUDE 3 LLC, here’s our agenda.

Our short-terms goals (3 months, JAN-MAR 2017) for MAGNITUDE 3 are:
- Regain financial stability,
- Setup stable development infrastructure and staff,
- Setup stable customer support infrastructure and services.

Our medium-term goals (12 months, JAN 2017-JAN 2018) are:
- Improve staff work flow,
- Release a new DCS module, which is now in development,
- Improve customer support for increased workload for modules support.

Our long-term goals (24+ months) are:
- Stabilize stuff work flow (permanent stuff members),
- Release another DCS module.

Our permanent goals are to create superb DCS modules and support our customers.

We are looking forward to these new challenges and sincerely hope to amaze you again with the modules we are developing for DCS.

Last, but not least, we want to express our thanks and gratitude to TFC and Eagle Dynamics for helping through this complex transition.

Wishing you all the best,

“Leatherneck Simulations” guys, MAGNITUDE 3 LLC"

Phantom88
March 12th, 2017, 07:20
.....More from Nickolas.....
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=184409

"
Dear All,

For some time, we have been working on an amicable parting of ways between members of the original MiG-21 development team.

I have relinquished my stake in the Leatherneck Simulations trademark and brand to the newly minted Magnitude 3 LLC, who will continue supporting the DCS: MiG-21bis, along with the development of other exciting new DCS modules. I wish my former colleagues the absolute best in their future endeavours!

The entire DCS: AJS-37, DCS: F-14A & B and other development teams will transition to the new Heatblur Simulations banner, a new trademark and subsidiary owned in full by myself.
We continue to look forward to a very bright future, filled to the brim with high quality and exciting products.

Thank you all for your support and understanding.
You all represent one of the most amazing and supportive communities ever to exist.

We’re looking forward with excitement to launch our new site and brand in the next few days!

Yours truly,
Nicholas Dackard
Founder & Lead Artist

& the Heatblur Simulations team:

Daniel Malmquist (Ph.D)
Xueqian Zhao (Ph.D)
Bert van Leeuwen (M.Sc)
Christoffer W.
Gregory Smiddy (B.Sc)
Andrew O'Donnell (B.Sc)
Teodor Frost
Andreas Sandin
Anders Karlsson
Andrzej Osiecki
Bartosz Lemke
Stirling Rank
Kevin Miller
Alexander Jacobs
Jonathan Törnqvist
Sylwia Raczynska

scotth6
March 12th, 2017, 16:57
I'm sure I read that this happened before with the original Mig-21 dev team.

Oh well, life goes on. Good luck to them all.