PDA

View Full Version : Bell 206 HD

6297J
February 9th, 2009, 13:22
If you head over to the Orbx forums ( http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=8951.0 ) you will see that the default Bell 206 has been given the HD treatment. I don't spend a huge amount of time in FS Helicopters but they did such a good job on the Mooney that it deserves a close look, inside and out.

Dexdoggy
February 9th, 2009, 13:25
Actually, it's over at OZx! Beautiful work!

Marvin Carter
February 9th, 2009, 22:22
If there's any Rotto heads out there like me this is a must, Great textures in side and out.
Great job guys, Thanks!!!

Marvin Carter

stiz
February 10th, 2009, 03:25
yay its out :jump: :jump: :jump: :applause:

Gizmo
February 10th, 2009, 05:59
Hey guys

Thanks for the kind words and feedback :)

We have an expansion package in the works atm that consists of reg's/ schemes other than the Australian ones in the core pack

here's a shot from it(with a little tinting to make it look like a 70's photo to suit the 70's paint scheme)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/160873/NYC_BellHD.jpg

Cheers
Steve (AKA Gizmo)

Dangerous Beans
February 10th, 2009, 10:14
That cant be 70's paint it ain't metelflake :D

MCDesigns
February 10th, 2009, 17:16
Finally got a chance to install this. Awesome job, love the new bumpmaps! :ernae:

Marlin
February 10th, 2009, 17:44
Hmmm, didn't get it yet but this sounds good.
Except for the new rotor wash, I like the new add on that I already have.

6 HD paints, 2 new VC's and a new rotor wash effect, brought to you by the OZx HD team ( Butch, Gizmo and Aussiecop )

EDIT If you already have this installed, could you post a shot of the new rotor wash?

Gizmo
February 11th, 2009, 02:06
Hi Marlin

The effect installer is standalone installer inside the main zip file as i guessed not everyone would want to use it so i decided not to force it on anyone

i made a short video for the team while i was testing it so you can check that out here if you like

http://www.vimeo.com/2751824

Also if you want to try it i made it so that the effect files call diffrent textures to the default or other effects out there
so as you have a custom effect file already in place just backup your

FSX\Effects\fx_rtr_lnd.fx
FSX\Effects\fx_rtr_wtr.fx

files before you install (just dont put them in a folder named backup within the effects folder as that where we install backups of the default effects) and just drop them back after you uninstall it if you dont like it

any qustions just shout

& Many thanks for all the feedback and kind works guys glad to see that this has been well received,i was kinda worried that after spending so long rebuilding everything that only about 3 ppl would download it but it seems my fears were mispalced :)

Cheers
Steve

Marlin
February 11th, 2009, 16:12
Gizmo, thanks for the additional information about the rotor wash.

The pics below are with the add-on rotor wash available from Avsim. I like a LOT of dust, so I’ll stick what I have and keep yours on standby.

I can’t believe the difference that you guys have made in the way this bird looks now. It’s like a brand new machine, the bump maps are incredible and the VC is just amazing now.

I highly recommend this download if you ever fly the Bell.

In the ‘pack’ that I downloaded, I didn’t notice that green paint job. Maybe that was the one that didn’t have the texture.cfg or thumbnail in it’s folder?

Now I have a question. Is it possible to slip that exterior bumpmap into the default and other add-on paint jobs? The same question about the VC paint jobs. If so, which ones would I transfer?

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k320/Marlint/Screen-Wednesday-58.jpg?t=1234400630

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k320/Marlint/Screen-Wednesday-60.jpg?t=1234400684
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Gizmo
February 11th, 2009, 16:50
Hey Marlin

Thanks for the kind words im very glad to hear your enjoying the HD package :)

I decided not to over dust the new rotor effect as i know how FSX's particle engine can really kill your FPS if not controlled and i didnt want that to happen as ppl where where coming in for touch down!
I may revist them in the furture and tweak them up a little bit who knows

The Green Scheme i posted a shot of above is from a solo expansion pack im working on atm that will feature 4 new schemes also one of my co dev's AC also has a US police package coming in HD over the next few weeks so you shoud have many more to choose from

As we totally remade about 99% of the main texture and i totally remade the normal maps from a blank grey texture theres noway they can be combined with the default schemes mainly as i placed many of the details in the normal map in diffrent places and these details are mirrored in the new difuss textures they just wont line up with the defaults sorry

VC textures on the other hand can be used as they dont feature and advanced normals or specs if you want to replace the default bell ones look for the files

Bell_206B_C.dds
Bell_206B_C_2.dds

in your

X:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\Bell206B\texture.OzxHD

Folder for the black seats or

X:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\Bell206B\texture.barossa

for the tan

as i recall the default schemes all fallback to the

X:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\Bell206B\texture

folder so if you place the new HD ones in that folder all the default schemes should use them (make backups first!)

Were mulling over what to work on next but im hopping it will be the Beaver or goose as id love to see all those rivtes with a new HD normal map!

Cheers
steve

Marlin
February 11th, 2009, 17:06
Now all the choppers will have a good looking VC, ahhhh very cool.

Thank you Steve.