PDA

View Full Version : Change of Avatars

falcon409
March 9th, 2017, 03:07
I decided it was time to come out from behind the shadow of my former self and use a current photo, after all, I'll be 70 in April and so, yea, time for a change. The one I've been using was shot almost 16yrs ago just before we deployed to Kuwait. . .time to make it real, as they say. The pic I'm using now was shot a week or so ago with my Great Granddaughter Kinlee. Just an FYI.

Jafo
March 9th, 2017, 03:17
Ah....a real person...;)

Mine's a self-portrait....or rather a caricature I did in 1991 as an FIA F1 Race Official [Comms - hence 'JAFO'] ....

....reality's too horrid to contemplate...;)

vora
March 9th, 2017, 03:37
My avatar is pretty up-to-date.

falcon409
March 9th, 2017, 03:38
. . . .reality's too horrid to contemplate. . .;)

I completely agree, lol

menef
March 9th, 2017, 03:43
My avatar was the emblem of my Mountain Artillery Group (Asiago) in Toblach ( Dobbiaco - Bolzano / Italy ) - when I was in military service... We had mules to carry our 105 mm howitzer !
Tasi e tira ( dialect ) means : Don't speak and work :very_drunk:

WND
March 9th, 2017, 05:36
The one I use I shot from the back seat of my brothers Mustang when we where on our way to Texas to do an airshow in 1986 !!!

Maybe someday I'll get brave and change it !!! LOL

WND

edit: HOLY CRAP, just thinking about it, 31 years ago this MAY !! How time fly's !!! LOL

mikewmac
March 9th, 2017, 09:34
My avatar is a photo of yours truly taken by the ground crew as we prepared to taxi out in a TF-102A "Deuce" back in the day, 1968. It brings back fond memories every time I look at it. :encouragement:

Odie
March 9th, 2017, 11:06
I decided it was time to come out from behind the shadow of my former self and use a current photo, after all, I'll be 70 in April and so, yea, time for a change. The one I've been using was shot almost 16yrs ago just before we deployed to Kuwait. . .time to make it real, as they say. The pic I'm using now was shot a week or so ago with my Great Granddaughter Kinlee. Just an FYI.

Looks good,Falcon!

Grandkids will keep you young!

falcon409
March 9th, 2017, 11:25
My avatar is a photo of yours truly taken by the ground crew as we prepared to taxi out in a TF-102A "Deuce" back in the day, 1968. It brings back fond memories every time I look at it. :encouragement:
Good shot Mike. . .I worked on the 102's from 1968 to 1970 at Perrin AFB. We had several TF's.

PhantomTweak
March 9th, 2017, 11:35
Mine's my squadron insignia from the first squadron I was posted to, back in the day, as they say. Also helps explain my screen name :D
The red SH were the tail letters on the planes. We had 35 or so at any one time. Training squadron. Of course, we all know what else SH stands for...
This was back when '101 was in Yuma, not Miramar. They moved just as I was getting out, and transitioned to Hornets, to allow the Harriers to take over, including the ever famous Black Sheep squadron.
Pat☺

Dimus
March 9th, 2017, 11:48
Looking great Ed! And the girl is lovely!

My avatar is just 3 years old.

hairyspin
March 9th, 2017, 12:41
It's not me, och no. Sorry Ed, she's better looking than you.

Dutcheeseblend
March 9th, 2017, 12:45
Mine is the very nose of the F-86K Sabre, as used by our Airforce. It was named 'Kaasjager' in the Netherlands, which is my surname, literally meaning 'Cheesehunter' or in aircraft terms 'Cheesefighter'. Hence my nickname as well.

huub vink
March 9th, 2017, 13:12
Nice to see you as you really look now Ed. And you definitely have a lovely granddaughter.

My avatar is comrade Lilya from the comic books "Night Owl" by Yann (story) and Romain Hugault (incredible drawings!). I had my real face as avatar for a very long time, but I have chosen this avatar already quite a while ago as I think she is more pleasant to look at than I am.

As I am normally the guy with the camera I hardly have any recent pictures.

Cheers,
Huub

roger-wilco-66
March 9th, 2017, 13:22
A very honest move. My hat's off to you.
And by the way, a loveley and unique scene, that interconnects with the former avatar in a very special way (in my opinion).

Cheers,
Mark

AussieMan
March 9th, 2017, 13:35
My avatar was taken when I was 63 and I was still active in the Rural Fire Service. I am seated in a Bell 412 chopper with Canadian registration. Their fire bombers were known as Wildcats. When this shot was taken I, along with several other people were on our way to an air base close to the fire. And at 63 that flight was a first. After many local and interstate flights as well as 15 hours in the left seat of a C-172 this was my first helicopter flight.

gaucho_59
March 9th, 2017, 14:27
My avatar was the emblem of my Mountain Artillery Group (Asiago) in Toblach ( Dobbiaco - Bolzano / Italy ) - when I was in military service... We had mules to carry our 105 mm howitzer !
Tasi e tira ( dialect ) means : Don't speak and work :very_drunk:

in American slang... it should be: Shut up and pull...

Io sono Veneto di cuore... diciamo figlio adottivo per modo di dire..... ho vissuto oltre 25 anni a Vicenza...la mia ultima stanza con l'US Army
a Caserma Ederle... e ho ancora la casa a Isola Vicentina... proprio verso Asiago sulla Pasuvio...

Distinti saluti,

G.

c87
March 21st, 2017, 14:29
Guess it was high-time I finally added one. Dad's old blood chit, Air Transport Group pin and the "Pratt & Whitney Dependable Engines - Made by Chevrolet" emblem he took off of one of the engines he was working on.