PDA

View Full Version : Floating buildings in Orbx scenery

Navy Chief
March 3rd, 2017, 18:33
Had not loaded a flight in any orbx sceneries for a while, and tried one at Falls City this evening, as i had bought the Milviz Huey. I noticed a obvious problem with some buildings "floating" several feet above the ground. Tried finding answers on Orbx forums, but navigating those forums is damn near impossible. Nc
ed
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=47841&stc=1

falcon409
March 3rd, 2017, 18:40
Yep, I see that with Orbx as well Pete. I'm guessing (as you probably have) that there's either another addon mesh at work here or it's an area where the elevation needs to be adjusted slightly by Orbx in order to correct it. They do a ton of elevation corrections for their scenery and this may be an area they're unaware of. I have entire housing developments floating from time to time, some as high as 500 ft. I just fly on past and keep truckin', lol

Navy Chief
March 3rd, 2017, 18:51
Yep, I see that with Orbx as well Pete. I'm guessing (as you probably have) that there's either another addon mesh at work here or it's an area where the elevation needs to be adjusted slightly by Orbx in order to correct it. They do a ton of elevation corrections for their scenery and this may be an area they're unaware of. I have entire housing developments floating from time to time, some as high as 500 ft. I just fly on past and keep truckin', lol

Thanks Ed. I will just pretend i don't see them floating!! NC

YoYo
March 3rd, 2017, 22:05
Take scenery option and push OK again to force reload whole sceneries.
Will be ok.

dhasdell
March 3rd, 2017, 22:51
I've had this too, often after switching views to look at AI etc. It usually clears on the next load.

Naismith
March 4th, 2017, 01:42
Is that not what their Vector program is for - another purchase on top of everything else of course.

jeansy
March 4th, 2017, 03:01
orbx says in all its manuals to set your mesh to 10m,

its a bit of a downer if you purchase mesh thats better than 10m

dhasdell
March 4th, 2017, 03:46
orbx says in all its manuals to set your mesh to 10m

Some are 5m, aren't they? Sekiu, for instance.

Roger
March 4th, 2017, 03:51
Yes Dave, I think 5m is the standard setting for add-on airfields.

falcon409
March 4th, 2017, 04:59
Take scenery option and push OK again to force reload whole sceneries.
Will be ok.
That is one of several options, but it doesn't work across the board. Worth trying of course but it goes with what is repeated here many times. . .what works for one (or several) will not always work for the majority. As others have already mentioned, Orbx suggests their own settings for addon mesh, but if it doesn't fit the desired settings for mesh you just spent money on to purchase, then you may run into the very problem Pete has or that I've seen from time to time. To be honest I have no desire to change mesh settings every time I want to fly into another area that requires a change of settings just to get the optimal effect. Unless you're going to sit a stare at a building that's floating and ponder what can be done about it, just keep on taxiing. . . .or fly right on past it and keep on keepin' on.

Navy Chief
March 4th, 2017, 10:46
I need to check out these possible fixes! Thanks! NC

Navy Chief
March 4th, 2017, 10:47
Is that not what their Vector program is for - another purchase on top of everything else of course.

Whoa! $80! They are proud of that software! NC

paiken
March 4th, 2017, 12:18
Whoa! $80! They are proud of that software! NC
That's the price in Australian dollars. works out to around $64 US. Worth every penny in my opinion. Puts roads, rivers and coastlines exactly where they belong.

Roger
March 4th, 2017, 13:18
As many here will attest, if scenery is important to you, especially if you fly low and slow, then ORBX is the way to go. I'm glad I bought all the essentials before I retired as some are quite expensive, but in my opinion there is nothing to compare.

Penzoil3
March 4th, 2017, 18:13
http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/92676-floating-houses-in-fall-city-1wa6-version-12/#comment-842334
And are you updated ?
http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/125638-updates-from-old-website-support-page/

The fix for floating buildings is to reset the flight, recommend you save it wherever you are, exit the flight, and choose it again.

Floating buildings are the result of autogen loading on to a different mesh than what is displayed. I don't entirely understand it but I presume that a coarse mesh is loaded into the RAM, prior to the later mesh. In this case the autogen has been placed by the sim prior to the final mesh being set.