PDA

View Full Version : Any news on Javis's Sabre??

bully707
October 8th, 2008, 06:52
Hi there!

Since the very old threads are gone and I couldn't find anything new on the F-86 project by Jan, I had to open
this one to ask how things are progressing? :icon_lol:
Any news worth sharing with us, Jan....or any of the beta-testers for that matter?? :kilroy:

Oh boy...am I looking forward to it...:jump::jump:

dhenriques
October 8th, 2008, 07:41
Hi there!

Since the very old threads are gone and I couldn't find anything new on the F-86 project by Jan, I had to open
this one to ask how things are progressing? :icon_lol:
Any news worth sharing with us, Jan....or any of the beta-testers for that matter?? :kilroy:

Oh boy...am I looking forward to it...:jump::jump:

The Sabre is in it's final stages of development before release and it won't be long now. The team has been hard at work putting finishing touches on a program that in my opinion anyway, will be a paradigm shift in add on aircraft for flight simulator.
The best way I can explain to those who ask about this project is that I personally wouldn't hesitate to either purchase or build a computer for the sole purpose of having this F86 installed on it for my personal use.
This program is THAT good!!!!....so hang in there. I know it's been a long time in the works, and many people are impatient to see the Sabre, but things this good take a lot of time and effort, and knowing the team as I do, I know they want this to be right for everyone when it goes gold.
Trust me on this one. You WON'T be disappointed :-))))))))))))))))))))

astrojet
October 8th, 2008, 08:38
Trust me on this one. You WON'T be disappointed :-))))))))))))))))))))No doubt about that! Thanks for the update.

EMatheson
October 8th, 2008, 08:44
from a beta tester - FRAKKIN' AWSOME!!! Especially seeing it develop from earliest beta to the most recent version - improving on perfection is supposed to be impossible, but the Sabre team does it regularly!

To the sabre team :
"If you've done six impossible things this morning, why not round it off with breakfast at Milliways, the Restaurant at the End of the Universe?" The meals on me....:ernae::medals::icon29:

calypsos
October 8th, 2008, 08:52
When the world's stockmarkets hit the bottom and actually turn the corner,only then we can have the Javis Sabre......well its worth a try, nothing else seems to be working:costumes::costumes:

bully707
October 8th, 2008, 11:19
The Sabre is in it's final stages of development before release and it won't be long now. The team has been hard at work putting finishing touches on a program that in my opinion anyway, will be a paradigm shift in add on aircraft for flight simulator.
The best way I can explain to those who ask about this project is that I personally wouldn't hesitate to either purchase or build a computer for the sole purpose of having this F86 installed on it for my personal use.
This program is THAT good!!!!....

Thank you for the heads up on the Sabre!!! :wavey:
As I have had the privilege to whitness how a big honk of corroded metal can be turned into a wonderfully restored F-104 Starfighter, I am totally at ease... :icon_lol:
(Check out this nice F-104, parked in a HAS at EDLV)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/bully707/Cockpits%20and%20Aircraft/DSCF2100.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/bully707/Cockpits%20and%20Aircraft/DSCF2092.jpg
Pictures were taken by me. (Thanks for all the hard work, Roger!)

FlyTexas
October 8th, 2008, 15:39
That's a beautiful aircraft, Bully707. Thanks for sharing the pics with us. :wavey:

Brian

Willy
October 8th, 2008, 16:35
Nice looking Starfighter Bully707. Are they going to fly it or is it just for static display?

Lightning
October 8th, 2008, 17:11
Jan is up to his neck in alligator's :-) getting the F-86E/F Sabre repackaged for its final beta test;
however, here are some recent screenshots you might enjoy seeing.

thudpilot ;)

Damn you Beta testers have already flown half the paint off the tail before we even get a crack at it ! :rocket:

Man, that is some great lookin ride.
Serious droolin happenin here!

bully707
October 8th, 2008, 19:22
Nice looking Starfighter Bully707. Are they going to fly it or is it just for static display?

I wish (and certainly ol' Roger over here too... :icon_lol: ) they could get it back up into the wild blue yonder, where it belongs.
Unfortunately that is not going to happen.

Roger, who put it back together (with his best friend, who passed away 2 years ago) did all that in the last couple of years, just in his past time.
The F-104G was a wreck when he bought it...having been sitting outside in some old Luftwaffe Base (Fassberg, that is) slowly falling apart.

In the beginning it was used to train new mechanics on the, back then, most sophisticated fighter the Luftwaffe owned.

It basically came as an empty shell...and Roger and his best friend started to restore it!

He's done one hell of a fine job on it...and he even got the instruments right...
Just last week a friend of mine (a former F-104G and Tornado pilot in the Germany Navy) came by to "try it on"...and he was just amazed by all the hard work that went into it and the fact that almost everything is as it was when it was still flying!!!

But to cut the already too long story short, no, it is only for static display.
In the HAS (hardened aircraft shelter, courtesy of the RAF) next to it, there is another one, also completely restored, bearing the 1978 Tiger Meet colours of the Belgian Air Force (FX52 was the reg.). :applause::applause::applause:

There also is a fine Yak-9 stationed here...what a delight to hear the Allison V12 roar overhead...!