PDA

View Full Version : Team SDB Enterprise

gray eagle
March 2nd, 2017, 06:22
Has anyone attempted to install team SDB for FSX to P3D?

I have the FSX version I bought about 3/4 years ago for FSX. Now that I have P3D, I wanted to find out if it would work in P3d V3.
I see that various sim outlets offer a version BOTH Fsx/P3d and wonder if it has perhaps two install versions.

I hate to buy it again just to get the P3D version (if there is one) I got my FSX version at simshack back in 2013.
I created two tickets asking them about an upgrade to the P3d version a few days ago - no replys as on yet.

Also, how would I install the AI carriers program to P3d? I am trying to convert that over from FSX to P3D also.

I still have FSX/A installed on a different Hard Drive - P3d is on a different HD.

Thanks.

Butcherbird17
March 2nd, 2017, 06:44
No need to buy it again if you already have it. Being you all ready have it in your FSX install, just copy/paste into P3D.
You will also need to grab any effects files and put them in P3D Effects folder. (to find which ones you need just open the
sim.cfg in the Enterprise folder and the full names are listed)

As for AICarriers there are a couple threads about it in that forum.
Try this one: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/99727-Ai-Carriers-P3D-3-2?highlight=AiCarriers

Joe

stovall
March 2nd, 2017, 06:47
To add to your experience, I also purchased the SDB Enterprise in 2015 from FS PilotShop. My order doesn't day anything about P3D but I have it installed in V.3 with no problems at all. I went to the FS PilotShop order page and found I needed to pay to have my order reactivated or I could buy it again. That didn't sit well with me. No way will I pay for something twice. Not good business in my view. I enjoy the SBD Enterprise flying it all the time. Recommend the package highly. Now get out there and practice those traps.

I echo Joe's thoughts. No need to buy it again.

gray eagle
March 2nd, 2017, 08:07
I installed my FSX version to a dummy folder so that I could see all the files that populated my dummy directory. Now, I added the east and west coast scenery directories to my ADD ON scenery folder
and using the FSX install manual, I added them to my add on scenery folder (this is outside the P3d root directory) and was successful in that I could see that they were added to the llbrary
however, I am not sure they (both east and west coast sceneries) were activated. When I tried to use the go to airport button - the Team SDB USS Enterprise_East Coast and West coast were not
visible in the selection menu.

Excerpt from their P3D install:
Scenery Activation in Windows7 64bit
There is an issue with Windows7 Explorer because of its differences to Vista and WinXP.
To activate add-on scenery in Prepar3D/Windows 7 follow these steps.
1) Go to the "Scenery Library" from the "World" Menu.
2) Browse to the folder you want to add (see steps 3a and 3b above) and click 'OK'
3) The addon scenery that you have selected will not be added, instead it will
advance inside the directory. To add the scenery LEFT click on any blank <<<< Left Click? I tried that and the window didn't close. Maybe for FSX version?
space inside the folder, and the window should close. You should now see
the addon scenery selected in the Scenery Library. Click on the "OK" button.
4) Click on the "OK" button at the bottom of the "Scenery Library" page.

So far I don't see those two scenery files to choose in P3D.

To add to your experience, I also purchased the SDB Enterprise in 2015 from FS PilotShop. My order doesn't day anything about P3D but I have it installed in V.3 with no problems at all. I went to the FS PilotShop order page and found I needed to pay to have my order reactivated or I could buy it again. That didn't sit well with me. No way will I pay for something twice. Not good business in my view. I enjoy the SBD Enterprise flying it all the time. Recommend the package highly. Now get out there and practice those traps.

I echo Joe's thoughts. No need to buy it again.

gray eagle
March 2nd, 2017, 09:11
I found one of the east scenery locations in P3d based on coordinates listed in manual.

How do I fix the wake going straight up, Guess I'll have to tackle getting the AI carriers over to P3d next.

https://s27.postimg.org/3sg28z2s3/enterprise.jpg

DaveB
March 2nd, 2017, 09:39
Butch..

I think the way it works is you don't actually choose Enterprise from the Airports screen.. not in FSX anyway. The install puts Enterprise at a number of locations on the east and west coast in proximity to airfields listed in the manual. In FSX, there is an EXE file that adds flights so you can choose one of these and be closer to the ship.
ATB
DaveB:)

gray eagle
March 2nd, 2017, 10:38
Thanks to this page, I was able to fix the wake. It also 'splains how to set up

http://www.glowingheat.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=120

and here:

http://www.glowingheat.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=120

https://s22.postimg.org/7ea2kdcg1/wake.jpg

gray eagle
March 2nd, 2017, 10:44
Yup, as per here: http://www.glowingheat.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44
it explains how to find the Big E.

Butch..

I think the way it works is you don't actually choose Enterprise from the Airports screen.. not in FSX anyway. The install puts Enterprise at a number of locations on the east and west coast in proximity to airfields listed in the manual. In FSX, there is an EXE file that adds flights so you can choose one of these and be closer to the ship.
ATB

PhantomTweak
March 2nd, 2017, 11:36
Just so you know, the "newer" version of AICarriers, by Orion Lau, works better in P3D than Lamont Clark's.
Orion calls it "AICarriers.NET" to differentiate it from Mr. Clark's, which he calls "AICarriers.exe".
I don't have P3D, but from reading the AICarriers blog by Orion, and the AIC thread in the FSDT forums, I very strongly recommend using AICarriers.NET, in both P3D and FSX, especially FSX:SE. It works better in FSX for sure. Uses fewer computer resources, closes very reliably, etc. Functionality is identical to the original, and utilizes the same config files. Even the same folder structure.
I believe that for P3D installation, it needs to be installed into the P3D root folder. You can use the same EXE.XML entry to get it to run automatically as well.
I can post a link to Orion's AICarrirs.NET if you desire.
Have fun with it! I certainly do :)
Pat☺

StormILM
March 2nd, 2017, 12:19
I have for some time now been right on the edge of buying this model but as I saw they are working on the early version of the Big-E, I decided to hold off buying until that one is done.

gray eagle
March 2nd, 2017, 12:19
Hi,

Appreciate your inputs, Yes, I think I searched for the net version and I think I found it here:

https://github.com/ollyau/AICarriers/releases

I've have it in the root of my P:\ drive and in the P3d folder and in Programs (86) folder and about the only way (for now) is to 1st load P3d then load AICarriers then come back to P3d and it will show up.
So it's a path or file issue somehow.

Just so you know, the "newer" version of AICarriers, by Orion Lau, works better in P3D than Lamont Clark's.
Orion calls it "AICarriers.NET" to differentiate it from Mr. Clark's, which he calls "AICarriers.exe".
I don't have P3D, but from reading the AICarriers blog by Orion, and the AIC thread in the FSDT forums, I very strongly recommend using AICarriers.NET, in both P3D and FSX, especially FSX:SE. It works better in FSX for sure. Uses fewer computer resources, closes very reliably, etc. Functionality is identical to the original, and utilizes the same config files. Even the same folder structure.
I believe that for P3D installation, it needs to be installed into the P3D root folder. You can use the same EXE.XML entry to get it to run automatically as well.
I can post a link to Orion's AICarrirs.NET if you desire.
Have fun with it! I certainly do :)
Pat☺

gray eagle
March 2nd, 2017, 12:32
I have the AICarriers.net installed and now about the only way I can get it to activate it for P3d is to load P3d first then run the aicarrier.exe then it will show in P3d Addon screen.

Here is my exe.xml script:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>29PalmsNotify</Name>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>29Palms\29Palms - Configurator\29Palms - Notify.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>AICarriers</Name>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>P:\Program Files (86)\AICarriers\aicarriers.exe</Path> <<<<< ------ current path
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

I have the AI carriers folder located at: P:\Program files (86) AICarriers folder.

DaveB
March 2nd, 2017, 12:41
I'd not put anything FS related in Program files(86) Butch.. and that includes Flightsim itself. Try moving it to your P3D drive and pointing the path there.

EDIT: As an after thought.. NOT having it in the exe.xml file is no bad thing. I actually took it OUT of mine because a) it does take resources all be it only a little and b) while I'm doing a repaint and continually going into and out of FSX.. AIC can actually trip FSX up and slow the sim down by not closing properly (a simconnect problem I fear). Instead, I have a link to the AIC exe on my desktop so any time I open the sim and fancy carrier ops.. I simply reduce the FS screen and double click on the AIC.exe shortcut.

ATB

gray eagle
March 2nd, 2017, 12:53
Not sure what you mean but, my P3d install is at P:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
It originally was going for drive "C" but changed the "C" to "P".

On FSX, I have aicarriers folder under Program (86) and works fine. So I figure to use same logic for P3d.
I've "wiggled" the aicarriers folder at the root of drive P, and in the root of where P3d is and under Programs (86) and results are all the same.
Again, If I run the aircarrier file, then it will function in P3D.

I'd not put anything FS related in Program files(86) Butch.. and that includes Flightsim itself. Try moving it to your P3D drive and pointing the path there.

ATB

gray eagle
March 2nd, 2017, 12:57
I figure sooner or later someone will suggest to move this to appropriate place so, I've changed my P3d related AICarrier issue to here

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/104792-Ai-carriers-install-in-P3d

fsafranek
March 5th, 2017, 13:58
Thanks for looking at our ship Gray Eagle. As you've discovering I have probably answered every question you can come up with at one time
or another in our support forum at glowingheat.co.uk. I would have been on this thread earlier with answers but I've been out of town all weekend.
:ernaehrung004: