PDA

View Full Version : FSX Once Again? Perhaps So

harleyman
February 9th, 2009, 10:00
As many know, I removed FSX several months ago as my homebuilt rig was being a real PITA.......So I flew FS9 till I could figure it out..

After months of testing,doing,looking,thinking,and crying,I decided to just put the thing into a shop and confirm my suspissions.......That it HAD to be in the BIOS settings (not my thing )

So they called today..Said it was all fixed,and were now just checking to be sure all was tuned and updated....

It was a bunch of things wrong in the BIOS settings...Overvolted...Undervolted in places.......

As I said ...According to the shop,its set right and my issues are now gone for good...

I believe I will bring it home later this afternoon..........And then see first hand again what I was missing in FSX...YEA

And if its good.......There is so much I want to add to it....

Now....Where to start? Hmmmmmmmmmm LOL:jump:

kilo delta
February 9th, 2009, 10:15
Hope you get it running okay, Harleyman....I don't think that I could ever go back to using fs9 again....not when FSX can look sooooooo good!!!:amen::ernae:

Mathias
February 9th, 2009, 10:15
So let's keep the fingers crossed that your odyssey is over now :wave:

Bjoern
February 9th, 2009, 10:24
Where to start?

First: http://www.ocbase.com/perestroika_en/
Then: Let it run for an hour. If it your system passes the test, continue. Else, take it back to the shop.
Then: http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/
After that: Let it run for an hour. You're good to got if there are no graphical artifacts.
Finally: Do whatever the hell you want. :d

harleyman
February 9th, 2009, 10:40
Cool Links there Bjoern.... Thanks for that......

I think I will add them to the tips section also and add them as your tips.....

I really hope that its as good as they say..or it will go back..But they said that before I brought it home they would leave it connected and I could go back there and check it out......

fingers crossed....LOL

harleyman
February 9th, 2009, 14:04
Grrrrrrrr... I could not really tell on that tiny CRT screen if it was better or not..... Its a little better, but not 100% yet...On the way out he suggested I play with the ram timings some.....SAY WHAT? LOL Thats why I brought it to you.......Idiot

The bill was only 45 bucks,and I was glad to get away from there...:help:

Its going to a much better shop tommorrow to a guy that builds high end rigs and knows how to set the ram up correctly...He assured me it would not leave till its fixed correctly....

I think the other guy just defaulted the bios, as it was all different...had the boot devices still showing as floppy , logo show still on...Man......That was a waste........:a1451:

Wiens
February 9th, 2009, 14:16
I suppose you'll want your FSX add-ons back now.............:rapture:

Kevin :d

harleyman
February 9th, 2009, 14:47
I suppose you'll want your FSX add-ons back now.............:rapture:

Kevin :d

HEHE.........LOL Hell yea..........:faint:

No...Those are yours ..Fair and square..........I will just replace them....

Plus get more when I see this thing kicking some butt...........:ernae:

It is way better now...The screen rippeling is GONE,and the pauses are few and far between....

He did something to my browser,as all my sites I'm now logged off.....Hmmmm

And he some how corrupted sound a little,as it cracks now some using my hat switch...But thats an easy fix...

I have a 9:30 drop off time tommorrow for it again....

txnetcop
February 9th, 2009, 17:20
Well I'll try it again I guess.

This is all stuff you can do yourself. I sent you the overclockers guide for Gigabyte motherboards. Let me show you how simple this is so you don't have to spend more money

Step 1 Gigabyte has a program called @Bios use it to flash your Bios in Windows...even if you did it before do it again.
Step 2 Go into your BIOs and set everything at optimum

Step 3 open up the overclocker guide for Gigabyte and follow it step by step and you will be flying FSX by lunchtime at very decent frame rates. You will be surprised how powerful that E8600 and X48 board combination really is.

It really is that easy. If you lost the Gigabyte overclockers guide Mason I will resend it to ya.
Ted

harleyman
February 9th, 2009, 18:28
Well I have reflashed the bios again ,and updated the chipset too.....

Its all down to just getting the ram dialed in better now it appears now...I will let this guy do it......And I may replace it for a higher speed ,not sure on that....

I'm OCing nothing.....

I have the guide,and the manual for the X48.........

Its all cool now...Thanks.....:applause:

jimjones
February 10th, 2009, 01:50
Seems your on the right trrack. Hopefull for your success.

Jim

harleyman
February 10th, 2009, 01:55
Thanks JimJones....Yup..I believe we are going to get it this time...This guy knows his stuff..has worked on several of my puters in the past..I believe him and trust him..The first guy was new, local,and not so good.....

All my screen rippeling is now gone....Pauses are all but gone too,but not 100%...It just has a litle way to go still....

Wiens
February 10th, 2009, 05:22
I hope you get back a working computer!!!! :woot:

You will enjoy FSX.

Kevin

harleyman
February 10th, 2009, 06:28
You bet I will be a happy camper.....Just dropped of the rig and we went over the problems it still has...The tech feels more that confident that he can fix them all in the bios and assured me it would be returned in tip top shape...Then I will do as you suggested Kevin,and get pics of all my bios settings for the future......

What I have discovered is that my PSU supplies 30A to the PCIe rail,and ATI tells me that the 4870X2 under load can pull up to 25A..So its close...But I have nothing else at all on the PCIe rails to use power..

I told the tech all that,and he said he would make sure its getting all it needs....YEA