PDA

View Full Version : Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 feedback and support topic

Pages : [1] 2

ncooper
February 26th, 2017, 10:45
Please post any feedback or support questions here.
Thanks.

cavaricooper
February 26th, 2017, 13:24
Ta- would it be possible to tie the center dot of the Artificial Horizon in with the wings, so that they are on the same plane (pun intended)? That would help with manual IFR.

Best- C

billhuntsman
February 26th, 2017, 18:34
I did my first dawn flight in the Paratroop model and it looks like there is a bug in the panel lighting system. When the red cabin lights are on, the red and green jump switches are labeled correctly, but when the UV lights are turned on, the labels change to the usual passenger signs (No Smoking and Fasten Seat Belts).

Bill

SSI01
February 26th, 2017, 19:20
I've installed this updated aircraft, and have no problems activating the UV cockpit lights. What I'm stumped with are the red cockpit lights. I have found what looks like the appropriate rotating switch in the pilot's overhead panel, but turning this switch "on" with the battery active, or on ground power, produces no result.

ncooper
February 26th, 2017, 22:11
Perhaps you did not yet add the effect fx_vclight_c47v3.fx to the Effects folder?
You will find it and the engine start up effects included in an Effects folder in the download.

ncooper
February 26th, 2017, 23:01
I did my first dawn flight in the Paratroop model and it looks like there is a bug in the panel lighting system. When the red cabin lights are on, the red and green jump switches are labeled correctly, but when the UV lights are turned on, the labels change to the usual passenger signs (No Smoking and Fasten Seat Belts).
Bill

Hello Bill,

It looks like you are right.
I have made the correction and attached the two files which should be placed in
Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14\texture.Paratrooper.
They should be included in the next update.

https://s19.postimg.org/smg2vnv6b/Untitled.jpg

mjahn
February 27th, 2017, 01:03
In some installations users find it impossible to remove chocks even though Monitor says they are off.

Has me totally puzzled atm, but let's investigate further. This happens with which FSX version? Consistently or intermittently? Could you try chocks ON/OFF with Parking Brake ON/OFF?

Edit: Does this (exclusively) happen when in multiplayer mode?

Thanks!

SSI01
February 27th, 2017, 03:49
Perhaps you did not yet add the effect fx_vclight_c47v3.fx to the Effects folder?
You will find it and the engine start up effects included in an Effects folder in the download.

Thanks, I'll redownload that and install them in effects folder, then check.

banjoman1960
February 27th, 2017, 04:12
Thanks, I'll redownload that and install them in effects folder, then check.

it is in the mainfolder of the plane were you also find the folder for manual,be sure to install the right for fsx or p3d:encouragement:

ceo1944
February 27th, 2017, 05:02
Thanks for starting this feedback thread. After the first few dozen flights I have one bug and one observation for improvement.

The bug is that the altimeter pressure setting appears to not work correctly. With a pressure of 30.2 when I set the field altitude the pressure reads 28.6. And the opposite with a pressure of 28.6 with the altitude set correctly the pressure reads 30.2. Check Makro Specials (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?makro/) and Pick n Pay Specials (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?pick-n-pay/). Therefore I can't set the altimeter manually while in flight except with the cheat key and then it reads wrong when I do.

The observation is that the RMI should not work unless the inverter is switched on, according to most DC-3 manuals I have read.

Thanks for all the hard work making this the most impressive freeware ever and flat one of the most impressive simulations for FSX/P3D EVER.

Dutch

Thanks.

fuzz1
February 27th, 2017, 06:31
In some installations users find it impossible to remove chocks even though Monitor says they are off.

Has me totally puzzled atm, but let's investigate further. This happens with which FSX version? Consistently or intermittently? Could you try chocks ON/OFF with Parking Brake ON/OFF?

Thanks!

I don't know if it will help but in my case with FSX-A boxed, this happens when I switch to a saved C&D C-47 v3.14 flight from any other aircraft. If I launch FSX and go straight to the saved C-47 flight the sticky chocks are not a problem. I don't use multiplayer. Thanks for your effort in looking into this further.

Double J
February 27th, 2017, 06:44
I have tried many times to save a long flight or even a landing with this plane however after loading the flight it is unresponsive. The throttles are unresponsive and the pop up windows have disappeared and are unable to get them back. Not the issue with any other plane.

any ideas?

Double J
February 27th, 2017, 06:45

Thanks!

happens about every second flight with FSX...none multiplayer

billhuntsman
February 27th, 2017, 07:11
Hello Bill,

It looks like you are right.
I have made the correction and attached the two files which should be placed in
Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14\texture.Paratrooper.
They should be included in the next update.

https://s19.postimg.org/smg2vnv6b/Untitled.jpg

Thanks, Nick. I appreciate the quick response/solution.

billhuntsman
February 27th, 2017, 07:14
I have seen the instructions for installing the green or blue cockpit textures, but I have another question. What is the procedure for assigning the Paratrooper panel (with jump lights) to another repaing, such as Tico Belle?

ncooper
February 27th, 2017, 07:20
Simply copy panel3.dds and the new panel_3_LM.dds that you will find attached to post 6 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/104728-Update-Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3-14-feedback-and-support-topic?p=1069763&viewfull=1#post1069763)
into the repaint folder of your choice.

mgr
February 27th, 2017, 07:42
Hiya,

[Automatic Checklist]

Don't know if it's intentional yet with version 3.14 it seems the cowl-flaps seems to be set by the pilot (co-pilot is not doing it for you as in 3.12).

Seems logical to me it's a co-pilot action because the switches are on the right co-pilot side?

Or did i miss something or did something wrong?

For the rest, loving this update! Thanks for all the work.

Regards,

Marcel

ncooper
February 27th, 2017, 07:49
It's just the same, middle click on the cowl flap controls, they are set to trail and the copilot does the rest.

https://s19.postimg.org/rowc0xwgj/Untitled.jpg

Javis
February 27th, 2017, 08:09
Thanks for starting this feedback thread. After the first few dozen flights I have one bug and one observation for improvement.

The bug is that the altimeter pressure setting appears to not work correctly. With a pressure of 30.2 when I set the field altitude the pressure reads 28.6. And the opposite with a pressure of 28.6 with the altitude set correctly the pressure reads 30.2. Therefore I can't set the altimeter manually while in flight except with the cheat key and then it reads wrong when I do.

The observation is that the RMI should not work unless the inverter is switched on, according to most DC-3 manuals I have read.

Thanks for all the hard work making this the most impressive freeware ever and flat one of the most impressive simulations for FSX/P3D EVER.

Dutch

We'll take both issues along in the final update. Thanks for the tips !

Say, Dutch, any news on the Sperry AP ?....

cheers,
jan

billhuntsman
February 27th, 2017, 08:28
Simply copy panel3.dds and the new panel_3_LM.dds that you will find attached to post 6 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/104728-Update-Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3-14-feedback-and-support-topic?p=1069763&viewfull=1#post1069763)
into the repaint folder of your choice.

Thanks, Nick.

Regards.
Bill

billhuntsman
February 27th, 2017, 08:34
Another small issue for the update, as long as we are talking about instrument functions, is that the OFF switch for VOR2 (and possibly others) is only partially functional. If the switch is off, you cannot tune the frequencies, but the VOR2 needle remains active. In other words, if the VOR2 radio frequency is set to a VOR in range, the needle tracks that VOR even if the radio is turned to the OFF position.

Regards.

Bill

paulb
February 27th, 2017, 09:27
I just wanted to say what a fantastic freeware aircraft! Quite exceptional!

mgr
February 27th, 2017, 09:42
Hi Nick,

It's just the same, middle click on the cowl flap controls, they are set to trail and the copilot does the rest.

Could be mistaken ofcourse yet in version 3.12, the co-pilot did ALL the settings of the cowl flap controls, including setting it to trail.

Just figured out that you mean the middle mouse-button, to set to trail. :redface-new: Proves then in version 3.12 i didn't need to know that because my co-pilot did it. :very_drunk:

Marcel

PS
Sorry if i miss the point yet i did now the following:
- Press the cold and dark start
- Set the cowl-flaps to trail
- Then started the "before starting" checklist
- With the item 15 "Cowl flaps" should be set to "open" yet nothing is done because they are already set to trail... starting up a engine with the cowl-flaps in trail is not a good thing? Confirm?

ncooper
February 27th, 2017, 09:56
You can set the cowl flaps to trail at any point.
I believe it is correct to set them fully open when on the ground?
The trail setting might be best after take off but I assure you that
the copilot never controlled them automatically, unless your copilot
was much more capable than mine.
Even in an A2A aircraft, he has to be asked......

mjahn
February 27th, 2017, 10:01
PS
Sorry if i miss the point yet i did now the following:
- Press the cold and dark start
- Set the cowl-flaps to trail
- Then started the "before starting" checklist
- With the item 15 "Cowl flaps" should be set to "open" yet nothing is done because they are already set to trail... starting up a engine with the cowl-flaps in trail is not a good thing? Confirm?

After C&D you wouldn't normally set the cowl flaps to TRAIL, you would set them to full open (or make the checklist item 1.15 do it for you). Actually setting them to TRAIL in stationary condition will open them fully (value 8 in Monitor). This the checklist registers as correct, and respects your earlier decision and no harm done. The actual request to set cowl flaps to TRAIL comes at "Before Takeoff", p. 4.5., that's when it's really needed.

MZee1960
February 27th, 2017, 10:45
Hi guys,
Congrats to the developers on a very nice update to a model which rivalled the real-life version a while back already.

I may be just nit picking here, but although I never tried the wiper feature at all ever before - just by fluke I clicked the wiper switch on my last flight and discovered all works well (sound, animation) in all interior VC views, but I am only getting sound in exterior aircraft spot view - no animation. No big deal, but just thought I would mention this in this devoted thread.

Cheers,
MZ

BendyFlyer
February 27th, 2017, 14:02
There was some discussion at DC-3 Airways re the performance of the C-47 not quite being as per the book, the view was that the power scalar factor may not quite be correct, I am not sure about this and I am testing to come to my own conclusions. I have doubts about the calculations re power etc because I have the original DC-3/C-47 engine power charts from WW2 and post war RAAF manuals where power output was always to achieve a BHP outcome so the charts took a bit of interpolation to get the settings right. Perhaps not of great interest to the average simmer unless of course you trying to do a long range flight etc. Anyway I will reproduce the finding for consideration:

As per DC-3 Airways Aircraft Discussion:

" Changed the Power Scalar in the cfg file to .782
Doing a test flight right now.
Barometric pressure 30.18 in Hg
No wind
Mixture set to Auto Mixture in the sim
Fuel load all four tanks 50%= 2,412 lbs
Gross take off weight= 25,942 lbs.
Climb out at 35.7 MAP; 2325 RPM; initial climb 1,000 ft. pr. minute; change to 700 ft. pr. minute=113 knots indicated airspeed at 2,000 feet,; 107 at 3,000 ft; 102 at 4,000 ft; 100 at 5,000 ft.
Cruise at 5,500 feet with power settings of 30 MAP and 2,050 RPM= 138 Knots indicated.
So the power scalar changed to .782 seems to get the plane closer to what it should be, in my humble opinion. I will fly the plane with the above settings today in the MP flight to see how she behaves with company.
Howard
EDIT!
I just changed the Barometric Pressure to 29.92 but did not change to power settings and I am now getting 142 Knots Indicated Air Speed, so the Power Scalar changed to .782 is just about right on."

FWIW I am not recommending any change at present but it illustrates the issues with aircraft performance and the sim. I would expect slightly higher speeds say about 145-150 knots at this weight but it would require 31" MP not 30" and would require the aircraft to be accelerated to the cruise speed then the power reduced and mixture set. (Standard technique). I commonly see attempts to tweak performance as per the book but the 'book' was always for a brand new air frame and no damage or wear in the engines. As aircraft age they get lumps and bumps here and there, the engines are not pristine in terms of output and they get dirty etc, the props are bit worn or sluggish in operation, so all this adds up to increased drag or reduced performance. So beware when chasing so called tweaks or changes that try to emulate the book your Gooney Bird is old not new. I see no issues so far but then I am always happy with what I get providing it is within the numbers.

ceo1944
February 27th, 2017, 14:42
Expect an email from me shortly! Trying to get the next version of FSCaptain out right now, then tons of other stuff I have on my plate, but the Sperry shouldn't take long if we tag it right. I'll send instructions. I have the code just need to marry it to the instrument properly.

Speaking of which, here's the new beta featuring the incredible V3.14 DC-3 in the latest video I just made today as a tutorial for FSCaptain alpha testers: https://youtu.be/wFrlqstKCig

It's attacking a fire on a misty low-ceiling day near Olympia WA.

Enjoy! Feel free to post this movie link around if you want to.

Dutch

We'll take both issues along in the final update. Thanks for the tips !

Say, Dutch, any news on the Sperry AP ?....

cheers,
jan

utmost
February 27th, 2017, 15:03
Thanks.

First, a big thanks for this aircraft. It is my favorite, over and above the others (including payware).

I have roughly 40 hours flight time in v3.12. I did two flights yesterday (2hrs or so in total) in v3.14. I noticed the following issues (I hope I recall all the figures correctly):

1. I had an issue with chocks not dissappearing regardless of the setting in the control panel. However, they did dissappear on the second flight. I cant reproduce this anymore so I am not sure why they went away exactly. Now everything seems to work correctly.

Audio checklists:

2. When I start the "Before starting" checklist with parking brake set the co-pilot fails to recognize this. It does not help to release the break and set it again. However, if I release it and start the checklist again by clicking on the checklist title the co-pilot calls-out the parking break item, I set it, and the checklist proceeds correctly.

3. The co-pilot does not say "XXX checklist complete" anymore. It was a nice feature in my opinion.

4. Similarly to (2) I was not able to initate "After takeoff" checklist once in the air with gear up. Clicking on checklist title or the first item (gear) triggered the callout ("Landing gear"), but the checklist did not progress even though the gear is up. The checklist resumed if I tapped `g` twice quickly to lower and raise the gear.

The remaining observations I havw were taken when flying in clouds with -18C OAT, departing from KGTF (3680ft MSL), cruising alt 10'000ft. I tried to set up a similar flight today, but was able to replicate only (7). I was flying with real weather yesterday so it is possible I did not set all the weather parameters correctly today.

5. When applying full throttle on takeoff I was getting approx. 42'' MP (end of green arc) instead of 50+'' (end of yellow arc, as in v3.12). Is this intentional?

6. I did not turn carburator heat on from the start (I guess I should). Couple of minutes after takeoff the engines went suddenly to idle. There was no early warning of icing (should there be?). I turned carbheat and both anti-ice switches on, and the MP and RPM went slowly back up after some time (I almost crashed). It never happended to me with v3.12 before.

7. When flying at 10k feet at full throttle, mixture at auto-lean, and ~2100 prop RPM with carbheat and both anti-ice switches ON I noticed that I was able to get 32'' MP max (I think it was more in v3.12 as far as I recall).

8. Moreover, the MP seemed to slowly decrease over time. All in all, i was able to achieve only about 120kts IAS. It is less than in 3.12.

Perhaps some of these updates were intentional and I am just a lame pilot still :/ Nevertheless, I hope the above helps to make this marvelous aircraft even better!

Thanks!

gray eagle
February 27th, 2017, 15:36
Would like to see the startup effects include both the smoke and the flames from exhaust pipes.

Now, those effects were brought back and borrowed from V2 and added to the V3,14 beta effects.

The smoke effect works in P3d but the flame not so much. see # 78 for pictures.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/104652-Update-Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3-14-released-!/page4

SSI01
February 27th, 2017, 17:01

Redownloaded the updated aircraft and reinstalled everything other than the aircraft itself. This time, for some reason, the proper effect "took" and everything is nicely bathed in a sultry red light for nocturnal operations.

Thanks again for the tip.

mgr
February 27th, 2017, 23:19
Hello Manfred,

After C&D you wouldn't normally set the cowl flaps to TRAIL, you would set them to full open (or make the checklist item 1.15 do it for you). Actually setting them to TRAIL in stationary condition will open them fully (value 8 in Monitor). This the checklist registers as correct, and respects your earlier decision and no harm done. The actual request to set cowl flaps to TRAIL comes at "Before Takeoff", p. 4.5., that's when it's really needed.

Just did a check with both 3.12 and 3.14 in automatic checklist.

3.12 -> As pilot have to set the Cowlflaps to open in "before start checklist", co-pilots set them to trail in "before take-off checklist"
3.14 -> As pilot have to set the Cowlflaps to open in "before start checklist", as pilot also have to set them to trail in "before take-off checklist"

Is this change as designed? Sorry to repeat my question yet got the feeling my question is not fully understand.

3. The co-pilot does not say "XXX checklist complete" anymore. It was a nice feature in my opinion.

+1! :encouragement:

Regards,

Marcel

scotth6
February 27th, 2017, 23:47
Hello Manfred,

Just did a check with both 3.12 and 3.14 in automatic checklist.

3.12 -> As pilot have to set the Cowlflaps to open in "before start checklist", co-pilots set them to trail in "before take-off checklist"
3.14 -> As pilot have to set the Cowlflaps to open in "before start checklist", as pilot also have to set them to trail in "before take-off checklist"

Is this change as designed? Sorry to repeat my question yet got the feeling my question is not fully understand.

+1! :encouragement:

Regards,

Marcel

Hi,

It is intentional that the pilot has to make this input. You can "ask" (tell) your co-pilot to do it for you by clicking on the item in the checklist. I'm not sure if this has changed since V3.12, but a lot of changes have been made, and this may be one of them.

Cheers,

simondix
February 28th, 2017, 00:20
Bendyflyer your post re the DC3 Airways thread was made in 2014 and refers to an earlier version.

scotth6
February 28th, 2017, 00:29
First, a big thanks for this aircraft. It is my favorite, over and above the others (including payware).

I have roughly 40 hours flight time in v3.12. I did two flights yesterday (2hrs or so in total) in v3.14. I noticed the following issues (I hope I recall all the figures correctly):

1. I had an issue with chocks not dissappearing regardless of the setting in the control panel. However, they did dissappear on the second flight. I cant reproduce this anymore so I am not sure why they went away exactly. Now everything seems to work correctly.

Audio checklists:

2. When I start the "Before starting" checklist with parking brake set the co-pilot fails to recognize this. It does not help to release the break and set it again. However, if I release it and start the checklist again by clicking on the checklist title the co-pilot calls-out the parking break item, I set it, and the checklist proceeds correctly.

4. Similarly to (2) I was not able to initate "After takeoff" checklist once in the air with gear up. Clicking on checklist title or the first item (gear) triggered the callout ("Landing gear"), but the checklist did not progress even though the gear is up. The checklist resumed if I tapped `g` twice quickly to lower and raise the gear.

The remaining observations I havw were taken when flying in clouds with -18C OAT, departing from KGTF (3680ft MSL), cruising alt 10'000ft. I tried to set up a similar flight today, but was able to replicate only (7). I was flying with real weather yesterday so it is possible I did not set all the weather parameters correctly today.

5. When applying full throttle on takeoff I was getting approx. 42'' MP (end of green arc) instead of 50+'' (end of yellow arc, as in v3.12). Is this intentional?

6. I did not turn carburator heat on from the start (I guess I should). Couple of minutes after takeoff the engines went suddenly to idle. There was no early warning of icing (should there be?). I turned carbheat and both anti-ice switches on, and the MP and RPM went slowly back up after some time (I almost crashed). It never happended to me with v3.12 before.

7. When flying at 10k feet at full throttle, mixture at auto-lean, and ~2100 prop RPM with carbheat and both anti-ice switches ON I noticed that I was able to get 32'' MP max (I think it was more in v3.12 as far as I recall).

8. Moreover, the MP seemed to slowly decrease over time. All in all, i was able to achieve only about 120kts IAS. It is less than in 3.12.

Perhaps some of these updates were intentional and I am just a lame pilot still :/ Nevertheless, I hope the above helps to make this marvelous aircraft even better!

Thanks!

Hi,

I will try to answer some of your findings.

1/ There have been a number of users with this issue, and it is currently not known what the cause is. If you do encounter it again, please report back with as much detail about the flight as possible. It seems it may have something to do with loading the aircraft from a pre existing cold and dark saved state in the simulator.

2/ I haven't been able to reproduce this. Checklist has always worked flawlessly for me. Your report will be noted though!

3/ Agreed, it would be good to have the completion of the checklist confirmed.

4/ I haven't been able to reproduce this. I always start the "After Takeoff" checklist with gear and flaps already raised, and again it has performed flawlessly.

5/ 42" MP at 3500 feet is normal. You will get 50" at sea level. Manifold pressure will decrease with altitude, as it does IRL.

6/ It has been recommended that you turn Carb Heat on at 5 Degrees Celsius and below. I just learned that figure from another one of Manfred's posts, and it would seem this is real world practice, for this particular engine.

7/ and 8/ Manifold pressure will decrease with altitude. A lot of work has gone on to try and replicate real world numbers, by smarter people than me who have experience with the actual aircraft. While it may not be exactly right, the numbers in the sim should closely match those of the aircraft IRL. Of course improvement is constantly being strived for, so there will more than likely be more changes to come in future versions.

Cheers,

Scott

mjahn
February 28th, 2017, 00:49
Thanks Scott, what I can add is,

On 2/ Not quite sure if you have done this, but you have to click on line 1 or the title line on any page for the Checklist to get going from the beginning.

On 3/ "Completed" was killed because the checklist is wholly random access now, pages as well as items. So when should the acknowledgment come? When all items have a checkmark? (Not always the case). When you turn a page? (No.) But I'll take it on board, miss it myself.

BendyFlyer
February 28th, 2017, 00:51
Bendyflyer your post re the DC3 Airways thread was made in 2014 and refers to an earlier version. That is correct, the power scalar that was being changed in the earlier version however remains unchanged. There will be some who do not think it is authentic performance, seems authentic to me and I have no need or feel that I should change a thing on this bird. Flies damn well and on the numbers as far as I am concerned.

BendyFlyer
February 28th, 2017, 01:09
RE UTMOST queries reference point 7. When flying at 10k feet at full throttle, mixture at auto-lean, and ~2100 prop RPM with carbheat and both anti-ice switches ON I noticed that I was able to get 32'' MP max (I think it was more in v3.12 as far as I recall)

This is correct for this engine at that altitude. The MP rises is a function of the increased air temperature and air being pushed into the carburettor from the engine manifold. It is normal to then see a slow reduction back to the correct or unboosted MP for the relevant altitude, the return to a normal MP for height is an indication that carburettor heat may no longer be required and can be deselected, if the MP then continued to drop again then that is an indication that ice is forming in the carburettor again and you should put it back on and leave it on until the aircraft is operating at a lower ambient temperature. FSX does model this however it is not as subtle as icing in real life can be so you will see jumps up and down in the sim.

FWIW and while I think of it, It may be worth mentioning that part of the cockpit checks and scans all pilots and especially IFR pilots should be doing is constant and regular checks of the OAT during all phases of flight and during your regular cockpit scans in the cruise as well. This is a little known point or one that is not emphasised much these days due to the proliferation of good de-icing equipment and turbine powered aircraft but it was critical in piston engined aircraft and is yet another facet of why this type of aeroplane required real pilot involvement and monitoring all the time. Fuel injected engines and supercharged engines did not really suffer from this problem but you can still ice up the inlets the same as you can in a turbine. Just the nature of the beast and the environment. FSX has significant limitations with respect to icing the same as it does for rain etc as these are very difficult dynamic parameters to model properly (ask any climate modeller).

simondix
February 28th, 2017, 02:47
I am going to try a Hump flight in the next couple of days so it will be interesting to see how it fares in comparison to the previous version.

Gooneybird565
February 28th, 2017, 04:39
First of all thank you to all the team for bringing this updated version of my favourite bird!
Few flights so far, as I have been away from my PC for a couple of days, but really like the new cockpit lightings, and on the path to discover the other goodies.

I do have a question... In P3D, the flights are recorded into the logbook as "Amphibian". From an identical problem with an aircraft from my FSX times, I did check the contact points, and to test, commented out the contact.10 and contact.11 lines. The test aircraft now logs the flight as "Fixed Wings".
Yes, I know, the built-in logbook is not that important, and I furthermore do use a spreadsheet file to log my flights, which also lets me have some statistics on the MP flights, Charter flights, Regular flights, Free flights with my VA, but my fault is being wishing to understand...
What are these two lines standing for? Water landing, belly landing, other?
Will experiment changing their class number to an other value (In P3D, the contacts points classes are: 0 = None, 1 = Wheel, 2 = Scrape, 3 = Skid, 4 = Float, 5 = Water Rudder), but any feed-back will be appreciated.

I also have some issues about speed and fuel consumption, but am testing different engine operation settings as collected here and there from various manuals and procedures of the related era.

Once again, many thanks guys for this jewel!

Blue skies
Philippe - DCA565

ncooper
February 28th, 2017, 04:45
Hello Philippe,

I believe that the lines were added to allow a belly landing, at the request of one of the beta testers.
I would guess that there would be no harm in commenting them out.

DCA1161
February 28th, 2017, 05:19
Mixture again. On a testflight today I started with using manual-mixture (first time). Goodperformance on power and speed (I have made remarks on speed before, but I amhappy with this). Both mixtures are on one leaver. During the flight I changedto auto-mixture. Immediate at difference between engine#1and #2 in airflow (83<->74) and I get warning from my flysim that my engine is losing power. Speed drops with about 5 kn. Looks like for me auto-mixtureonly works correct on one engine.
Roy

banjoman1960
February 28th, 2017, 06:42
Hello Philippe,

I believe that the lines were added to allow a belly landing, at the request of one of the beta testers.
I would guess that there would be no harm in commenting them out.

Yes Nick,these lines are for the bellylanding.......
The Betatesters request :wavey: was me....,try to do a emergencylanding .........if you do it carefull,it work now........

Bjoern
February 28th, 2017, 08:20
Since you guys are discussing performance...is there a noticable difference between the DC-3 and C-47 at the same weight?
I can imagine that the astrodome and wingtip extensions might add a bit of drag.

Gooneybird565
February 28th, 2017, 08:50
@ncooper and banjoman1960
Thank you for the feed-back. Will check what happens when changing the contact point class...
Roscoe (you know, that mecanician usually proclaiming that the pilots who would damage one of his birds would endure more than hell) reminds to all of us that our aircrafts are equipped with a landing gear, and that we should use it whenever possible, otherwise :rocket:

@Bjoern,
Not a specialist on that subject, but C-47 is just but the military version of the DC-3, thus few differences.
The astrodome was used for navigation with a tool most sailors did know pretty well, the sextant...
Most DC-3's and C-47 were fitted with 1200HP engines, whereas some military versions were fitted with more powerful ones (1350HP I believe).

Blue skies
Philippe

mjahn
February 28th, 2017, 11:41
Mixture again. On a testflight today I started with using manual-mixture (first time). Goodperformance on power and speed (I have made remarks on speed before, but I amhappy with this). Both mixtures are on one leaver. During the flight I changedto auto-mixture. Immediate at difference between engine#1and #2 in airflow (83<->74) and I get warning from my flysim that my engine is losing power. Speed drops with about 5 kn. Looks like for me auto-mixtureonly works correct on one engine.

Yes,with one engine running at f/a 0.83 you would be losing losing power when climbing to higher altitudes.

This is a very puzzling error, so I'd be interested if it is experienced by other simmers. It didn't come up in the test phase, and I cannot replicate it.

In order to track what's happening it is important to consider the questions I asked earlier, namely,

1) Obviously, something's seriously wrong with the mixture, f/a should stand at 0.74 ... you don't have Automixture ON in General Settings by any chance, have you?

2) Since you mention "others", is this a multiplayer session? (that's one of my prime suspects as of late).

To which I'll now add:

3) In Monitor does the mixture value constantly update itself?

4) With the a/c freshly selected and on ground, try setting AR and AL without using your hardware lever, either via Monitor or the VC levers and checking the resulting f/a values?

5) In flight, try synching the engines by clicking on Monitor > Engines.

As you have noted, if all else fails you can select manual mode.

MZee1960
February 28th, 2017, 13:19
Does anyone know how to do this ? I had a few VC's in the V3.12 with black seats and seatbelts, but somehow all of them are showing the seats as brown with blue seatbelts now. The VC's are fine otherwise.

I am using the 'fallback' method to point FSX to the VC repaint containing those exact 18 files and done exactly as noted here by Nick :
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/104652-Update-Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3-14-released-!?p=1068881&viewfull=1#post1068881

I suspect I may have to add a new file to Nick's list to get the black seats and seatbelts as perhaps these were somehow changed/overwritten in going from V3.12 to V3.14 ?

Cheers,
MZ

ncooper
February 28th, 2017, 13:37
I think the seat textures are in vvc_1.dds
If they are all the same, have a look at vvc_1.dds in the (common) texture folder.
If you use the fallback method, any repaint without the seat texture in it will use those in the texture folder.

MZee1960
February 28th, 2017, 16:00
I think the seat textures are in vvc_1.dds
If they are all the same, have a look at vvc_1.dds in the (common) texture folder.
If you use the fallback method, any repaint without the seat texture in it will use those in the texture folder.

Hi Nick,

No luck, I'm afraid.

No matter which route I tried, I can't get away from the brown seats with blue seatbelts. Gman's black interior file worked fine in V3.12 using the 'fallback' method. In this V3.14 it also works fine except the seats are brown and have blue seatbelts. For some reason this texture file for the brown seats with blue seatbelts seems to take precedence over anything else. All the night lighting works fine, BTW.

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/03/01/Dwm2017-02-2814-10-27-19.jpg

Here's the link to gman's black interior pics :
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/101611-Douglas-C-47-v3-Livery-Thread?p=1036539&viewfull=1#post1036539

speedy70
February 28th, 2017, 16:32
Mzee I brought this up with Jan re the seat colours and this is the reason he quoted.

Yes, some VC textures needed to be changed because of the FSX bug that prevents bumpmaps to be used with the default ambient vclighting. Most important bumpmap stuff has therefore been placed on a special bitmap. It is called 'vvc_2bump.dds' and comes along with the bump and spec maps as well of course. The images for these items on the older bitmaps are therefore no longer used. They are still on the current 'vvc_1.dds' and 'vvc_4.dds' but obviously won't turn up in the V3.14 VVC anymore.

Hope this explains OUR problem and gives you an answer.I also understand the matter is however being attended.

Cheers Chris

MZee1960
February 28th, 2017, 16:45
Mzee I brought this up with Jan re the seat colours and this is the reason he quoted.

Yes, some VC textures needed to be changed because of the FSX bug that prevents bumpmaps to be used with the default ambient vclighting. Most important bumpmap stuff has therefore been placed on a special bitmap. It is called 'vvc_2bump.dds' and comes along with the bump and spec maps as well of course. The images for these items on the older bitmaps are therefore no longer used. They are still on the current 'vvc_1.dds' and 'vvc_4.dds' but obviously won't turn up in the V3.14 VVC anymore.

Hope this explains OUR problem and gives you an answer.I also understand the matter is however being attended.

Cheers Chris

Thank-you, Chris.
Trying to figure out why I could get everything but the seats and seatbelts changed to the black configuration was beginning to drive me :dizzy: and had me :running: around in circles .

I can now wait patiently for hopefully a new black VC compatible with the V3.14 ambient vclighting sometime in the future months, knowing this.

Cheers,
MZ

ncooper
February 28th, 2017, 20:01
Thanks also Chris, something new to learn every day.

In the light of that, I have made a small fix.
The textures are for Gordon's texture.blackint folder only which seems to be still a popular
alternative choice.
(I suppose they could be used to add black seats to any VC)
Please find them attached.
If you want to use them, unzip the folder and place the two files from it into texture.blackint.
(The hint of brown that you see on the seat armrests is already in the blackint texture.)

https://s19.postimg.org/9flfc9j0z/Untitled.jpg

https://s19.postimg.org/wibybfkib/Untitled2.jpg

However, if you are seeing blue seatbelts in the daytime, you need to review your files.
This is how Gordon's VC textures look with Jan's new vvc_2bump.dds file, this is
without the attached fix.
Not a hint of blue, which I expect is for the night lighting.

https://s19.postimg.org/qio77rzpv/Untitled.jpg

Penz
February 28th, 2017, 23:00
Handy little fix Nick, it works great here.

Thank you! :)

DCA1161
March 1st, 2017, 00:49
Mjahn,Thank you for taking the time. I did a test with handling the mixtures via VC levers. If I have them linked, there’s no problem.The difference in a/f occurs when I unlink the mixtures. In a normal climb, mixturesAR the a/f starts at 0.080. During the climb engine#2 stays at 0.080, the otherone slowly climbs to 0.096 at 4000 ft. After settling to cruise I am unable tomove mixture1 VC lever to AL, I have to adjust manually with hardware lever first toget it below the 0.090 and then it will move. Mixture2 is no problem. If I usemanual control of the mixtures, all works fine like V3.12. And yes I have calibratedthe mixture several times. Maybe important, I use FSUIPC for my controles.
The otheritem that not just for me, but others I fly with at DC3 Airways also is thefact that with the hardware levers we cannotget to full rights and Idle, though the engines will stop.
Roy

ncooper
March 1st, 2017, 04:24
With apologies for those who already are well aware of this with the intention of helping those that are not....

The texture.cfg file explained a little.

If you wish to add custom textures to an aircraft repaint, there are two choices, either
simply add the custom textures to the aircraft repaint folder or use a custom texture.cfg file
to direct the simulator to the desired files.

Both FSX and P3D look for textures first in the aircraft repaint folder referenced in the aircraft.cfg file.
If all the required textures are found there, it looks no further and displays the aircraft correctly.

In the case of multiple aircraft repaints, it can be very expensive of disk space to have all the textures
in every repaint folder, so instead it is common practice to place all the textures used by every repaint
into one folder, usually named texture.

Each repaint folder needs then only to have the textures in it that are different to all the other repaints.
However, the simulator needs to be told where the remaining textures are and this is the purpose of the
texture.cfg file.

The standard format is

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\texture This tells the simulator to look in the texture folder inside the aircraft folder
fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture This entry appears to make the simulator look in the simulator's main texture folder
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\textur e This entry appears to make the simulator look in scenery\Global\texture

The effect is progressive, thus if all the remaining textures are found in the aircraft folder texture folder, the simulator looks no further.
If not, it will then look at the main texture folder and so on.
If, as perhaps with Gordon's texture.blackint folder, those VC textures are to be added to multiple repaints, then the texture.cfg file
will read thus

fallback.1=..\texture.blackint (Of course, the texture.blackint folder must first be added to the aircraft folder)
fallback.2=..\texture
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
fallback.4=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\textur e

and should be put into the repaint folder of any aircraft that you want to have his black VC.

The reason that it introduces Gordon's VC textures over Jan's is that the simulator looks in texture.blackint first and finds everything but the seats.
Then it looks in the aircraft texture folder and because it already has textures for Gordon's black VC, it ignores all Jan's VC textures, except the seats.
Thus the seats are displayed as brown.
It also finds all of Jan's textures that it needs for the night lighting.

Placing the two black seat textures from my post above into the texture.blackint folder stops the simulator looking for the seat textures in the
aircraft texture folder and so they display as black.

I hope that this has helped to clear up some of the misunderstandings and that you will accept it in the spirit that it is offered.

mjahn
March 1st, 2017, 05:44
Mjahn,Thank you for taking the time. I did a test with handling the mixtures via VC levers. If I have them linked, there’s no problem.The difference in a/f occurs when I unlink the mixtures. In a normal climb, mixturesAR the a/f starts at 0.080. During the climb engine#2 stays at 0.080, the otherone slowly climbs to 0.096 at 4000 ft. After settling to cruise I am unable tomove mixture1 VC lever to AL, I have to adjust manually with hardware lever first toget it below the 0.090 and then it will move. Mixture2 is no problem. If I usemanual control of the mixtures, all works fine like V3.12. And yes I have calibratedthe mixture several times. Maybe important, I use FSUIPC for my controles.
The otheritem that not just for me, but others I fly with at DC3 Airways also is thefact that with thehardware levers we cannotget to full rights and Idle, though the engines will stop.Roy
I fear your FSUIPC controlled hardware lever sets mixture levels that the C-47 automixture system cannot handle. Still trying to replicate your values, but so far drawing a blank. We have hardware mixture users among our beta team, but that kind of fault hasn't been reported. Perhaps check your FSUIPC mixture setup, especially for engine #1, FSX axis assignment etc.

fuzz1
March 1st, 2017, 07:26
Nick, thanks for your black seat fix for GMAN's wonderful blackint VC, together with your texture.cfg tutorial that was very helpful.

I'm not convinced that despite the methods identified to date, the blackint VC is being displayed 100% as intended in v3.14. The seats are now black and most of Gordon's VC appears to look fine, but it still does not look the same as in v3.12 from what I recall. I believe Gordon went to some length in producing various custom bumps and specs for his VC that introduced some subtle and tasteful lighting, shading and shine for certain parts of the VC. I don't appear to see these now. For example, if you look at the co-pilot seat frame and pedestal wear effects in Gordon's VC, the presentation now looks rough and pixelated (in FSX) in comparison to what I recall from v3.12 and it may well be that some of these effects are not being applied as intended in the v3.14 update.

What I did as a temporary fix until a better remedy materializes, is:

Deleted all files from Gordon's blackint folder except for the 18 files you previously identified as being necessary (panel,noseout, padding, vvc_1-11, etc).
Added your 2-file fix for the black seats.
Used the 4-line code for the texture.cfg to be placed in the individual livery folders.

While still not 100%, to my eye this looks like a more presentable compromise in getting Gordon's VC to show properly in v3.14 while smoothing out some of the rough edges noted above.

I'm loathe to suggest something like the above that alters the work and intended result of the original author, but again, as a temporary measure, this worked for me and hope the suggestion is received in the spirit intended.

Bjoern
March 1st, 2017, 07:54
@Bjoern,
Not a specialist on that subject, but C-47 is just but the military version of the DC-3, thus few differences.
The astrodome was used for navigation with a tool most sailors did know pretty well, the sextant...
Most DC-3's and C-47 were fitted with 1200HP engines, whereas some military versions were fitted with more powerful ones (1350HP I believe).

Well, yes, there's little superficial difference, but still enough to question whether performance is identical or not.
Just look at the dimensions of both types on Wikipedia. The C-47 has longer span, but is shorter (cutoff tailcone for towing shackles) and weighs more (although I guess that the operational empty weight with seats and galley of a DC-3 is much in the same range).

I can't find the source of information about the wingtip extension or much more about any differences, so I'll probably have to dig up a book about the aircraft series and skim it for clues.

TeiscoDelRay
March 1st, 2017, 10:39
Has anyone done a Chicago Southern Airlines paint for this yet? Also where can I get this updated version?
Thanks

banjoman1960
March 1st, 2017, 11:46
Has anyone done a Chicago Southern Airlines paint for this yet? Also where can I get this updated version?
Thanks

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=22428&catid=37

repaint i do not know

spesimen
March 1st, 2017, 12:49
for some reason i always get the v1,v2, we are committing aviation callouts right after touchdown on landing, instead of during the takeoff roll. i think i'm doing all the checklists properly?! at first i thought maybe it was because i forgot to wait for the engine warmup.. but i was careful to wait for that the last few flights and i still get it.

cheers
-andy crosby

ncooper
March 1st, 2017, 13:01
That seems to happen if you don't turn on the pilots' voices right at the
beginning of your flight.
You don't have to use the checklist to hear the callouts but as you have noticed,
if you don't hear the take off callouts when you are taking off, you will hear them
instead when you land.
If you were then to take off again, the callouts will have reset themselves and you
should hear the V1 etc as you take off.

It can be quite useful to assign a key to the Aircraft (Reload) command.
Doing this after the aircraft is loaded into the FSX and before you start either
the voices or the checklist will set everything back to the beginning and hopefully
let it all work properly.
I use the (letter) O key, as it doesn't have a function that is of any other use to me.

TeiscoDelRay
March 1st, 2017, 13:17
Thanks
Looks like I will be painting the Chicago Southern.

ncooper
March 1st, 2017, 13:30
That's wonderful thank you but there is already a repaint topic (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/101611-Douglas-C-47-v3-Livery-Thread).

BendyFlyer
March 1st, 2017, 21:06
Feedback - no issues whatsoever so far, none. With operations, menus, sub-menus, controls or performance, does as advertised. What more can I say! The DC-3 C-47 has come back to life and this is simply outstanding.

baz11
March 1st, 2017, 23:22
Help, unable to activate parachute jump. I'm using FSX have done everything according to manual: Open door 4 while still on the ground, enable callouts and parachuting on the clipboard, kept red/green light switches off until it's time, fly level at 800ft while keeping speed below 110kias.

Red light on nothing happens & no voices. Switches are showing fasten seatbelt & no smoking not labelled as jump switches.

Really enjoy the a/craft but would also like to enjoy use of the parachute drop

Appreciate any help to sort this prob.

Thanks

mjahn
March 2nd, 2017, 02:07
Hi guys,
I may be just nit picking here, but although I never tried the wiper feature at all ever before - just by fluke I clicked the wiper switch on my last flight and discovered all works well (sound, animation) in all interior VC views, but I am only getting sound in exterior aircraft spot view - no animation. No big deal, but just thought I would mention this in this devoted thread. MZ

Thank you, it's in the works.

(Also working on checklist "completed" calls, revised chocks visibility code, multiplayer concerns. More soon.)

scotth6
March 2nd, 2017, 03:35
Help, unable to activate parachute jump. I'm using FSX have done everything according to manual: Open door 4 while still on the ground, enable callouts and parachuting on the clipboard, kept red/green light switches off until it's time, fly level at 800ft while keeping speed below 110kias.

Red light on nothing happens & no voices. Switches are showing fasten seatbelt & no smoking not labelled as jump switches.

Really enjoy the a/craft but would also like to enjoy use of the parachute drop

Appreciate any help to sort this prob.

Thanks

Hi,

A couple of points. I assume you are using the Paratroop version of the aircraft. Make sure that all the effects and effects textures have been installed. The Paratroop version should be showing "Red Light" and "Green Light" switches in place of the "Fasten Seatbelt" and "No Smoking" switches. There is a bug in this version that makes the Fasten Seatbelt and No Smoking labels appear at night when the blue fluro light is switched on. See post #6 in this thread for an explanation and some replacement files to fix that issue. The lights will still work for the paratroopers without this fix, it will just fix the labelling when the fluro light is on.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/104728-Update-Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3-14-feedback-and-support-topic?p=1069763&viewfull=1#post1069763

Start on the ground and open the checklist window (Shift+5) and click on cold and dark to reset everything. Open door 4 (Shift+E and 4) and leave it open for the flight. Select the co pilot and paratrooper selections on the first page of the checklist. This should automatically turn the intercom switch on (up). Leave the jump lights off until airborne and ready to drop. Run through the checklists and take off.

Climb to at least 800 Feet. I have dropped from 3000 feet so anything above 800 is fine. When almost at the jump site, about 2 minutes before the drop, turn on the "Red light", and you will hear the jump master shouting his instructions. You will hear him shout a bit and then shout "1 minute". After this 1 minute has then passed turn the "Green light" on and you will hear (and see from external view) the paratroopers exiting the plane.

Things you must do just before and during the drop:

- Maintain an indicated airspeed of 110 knots.

- maintain a straight and level, or slightly nose high attitude. Maintain a constant altitude and gyro heading.

- throttle back left engine to approximately 12 - 13 Hg to avoid severe shock to the jumpers from prop blast.

- advance right throttle to maintain jump attitude.

For these last two points I actually start with a speed slightly higher than desired, then throttle back both engines to the 12 Hg, and let speed decrease slightly to around 110 knots before switching the green light on for the signal to jump. It doesn't have to be exactly 110 knots, just around that speed.

Cheers,

baz11
March 2nd, 2017, 17:01
Hi,

A couple of points. I assume you are using the Paratroop version of the aircraft. Make sure that all the effects and effects textures have been installed. The Paratroop version should be showing "Red Light" and "Green Light" switches in place of the "Fasten Seatbelt" and "No Smoking" switches. There is a bug in this version that makes the Fasten Seatbelt and No Smoking labels appear at night when the blue fluro light is switched on. See post #6 in this thread for an explanation and some replacement files to fix that issue. The lights will still work for the paratroopers without this fix, it will just fix the labelling when the fluro light is on.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/104728-Update-Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3-14-feedback-and-support-topic?p=1069763&viewfull=1#post1069763

Start on the ground and open the checklist window (Shift+5) and click on cold and dark to reset everything. Open door 4 (Shift+E and 4) and leave it open for the flight. Select the co pilot and paratrooper selections on the first page of the checklist. This should automatically turn the intercom switch on (up). Leave the jump lights off until airborne and ready to drop. Run through the checklists and take off.

Climb to at least 800 Feet. I have dropped from 3000 feet so anything above 800 is fine. When almost at the jump site, about 2 minutes before the drop, turn on the "Red light", and you will hear the jump master shouting his instructions. You will hear him shout a bit and then shout "1 minute". After this 1 minute has then passed turn the "Green light" on and you will hear (and see from external view) the paratroopers exiting the plane.

Things you must do just before and during the drop:

- Maintain an indicated airspeed of 110 knots.

- maintain a straight and level, or slightly nose high attitude. Maintain a constant altitude and gyro heading.

- throttle back left engine to approximately 12 - 13 Hg to avoid severe shock to the jumpers from prop blast.

- advance right throttle to maintain jump attitude.

For these last two points I actually start with a speed slightly higher than desired, then throttle back both engines to the 12 Hg, and let speed decrease slightly to around 110 knots before switching the green light on for the signal to jump. It doesn't have to be exactly 110 knots, just around that speed.

Cheers,

Hi & many thanks for your detailed instruction.

Followed it exactly as you instructed, unfortunately without any success still no Jumpmaster instructions & no Paras.

Checked properties on the effects to be added & noticed they were blocked for some reason, unblocked them but still no success, looked for Jumpmaster sounds in the sound folder but couldn't find any, should they show in the sound folder ?

Got me stumped at the moment.

Thanks again for your help & any other suggestions you have would be appreciated.

Regards

TeiscoDelRay
March 3rd, 2017, 04:19
Really great aircraft, will there ever be a civil version of this (DC-3). I flew on an Ozark DC-3 from Cedar Rapids to Chicago when I was a kid and always hoped for a great version of this plane to come to flightsim.

Bjoern
March 3rd, 2017, 09:41
Really great aircraft, will there ever be a civil version of this (DC-3). I flew on an Ozark DC-3 from Cedar Rapids to Chicago when I was a kid and always hoped for a great version of this plane to come to flightsim.

Still waiting for a demilitarized version myself. Got something to pass the time though.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/100399-DC-3-Enhanced

MZee1960
March 6th, 2017, 13:00
I have successfully changed the seat color in the V3.14 VC from the default brown to black as well as adapted the interior VC colors to black, blue and green using the 'fallback' method and Nick's '2 file fix' outlined above, and in this post :
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/104728-Update-Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3-14-feedback-and-support-topic?p=1070171&viewfull=1#post1070171

My question is, however, is there now a way of changing the color of the seatbelts from the blue to another color such as grey, or black to also go along with the brown (or black) seats, as we had in the previous version of this fine aircraft ?

( For example : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/101535-Douglas-C-47-V3-Beta-Released?p=1035482&viewfull=1#post1035482 )

Cheers,
MZ.

ncooper
March 6th, 2017, 13:39
Hello,

actually, the seat belts on the black seats are black and white.
It is fairly easy to vary the seatbelt colour, it involves a little editing of the
new vvc_2bump.dds file and Jan has made it very easy to see which parts
you need to edit.

Here, I have made the brown seat seat belt black and white also.
If you would like that file, it is attached.
If you would like other colours, you might like to experiment yourself.
(Thanks to EZdok for the camera angle)

https://s19.postimg.org/xu3x8d5eb/Untitled.jpg

I saw your screen shot and the seat belts were a very vivid blue.
For me they are a much more subdued colour as Jan made them.
It may be different settings, all the blue items in your VC look more vivid, though mine
(settings) are perhaps a little too subdued.

https://s19.postimg.org/9rn3dhor7/Untitled2.jpg

MZee1960
March 6th, 2017, 16:26
Hello,

actually, the seat belts on the black seats are black and white.
It is fairly easy to vary the seatbelt colour, it involves a little editing of the
new vvc_2bump.dds file and Jan has made it very easy to see which parts
you need to edit.

Here, I have made the brown seat seat belt black and white also.
If you would like that file, it is attached.
If you would like other colours, you might like to experiment yourself.
(Thanks to EZdok for the camera angle)

https://s19.postimg.org/xu3x8d5eb/Untitled.jpg

I saw your screen shot and the seat belts were a very vivid blue.
For me they are a much more subdued colour as Jan made them.
It may be different settings, all the blue items in your VC look more vivid, though mine
(settings) are perhaps a little too subdued.

https://s19.postimg.org/9rn3dhor7/Untitled2.jpg

Thank-you, very much for this file Nick. I will try it out tomorrow, but it looks great ! ' Exactly what I was after ' .... based on your pics above.

Cheers,
Milan.

MZee1960
March 7th, 2017, 15:43
This color works beautifully ! Thank-you, Nick .

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/03/08/Dwm2017-03-0718-22-02-20.th.jpg (http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GOeK) http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/03/08/Dwm2017-03-0718-22-05-87.th.jpg (http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GOeh) http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/03/08/Dwm2017-03-0718-22-08-82.th.jpg (http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GOer)

As I am no painter, just one more bother if I may .... Please would it be possible to also give us files (similar to the ones you kindly provided to us in post #52 above), but which would have black seatbelts with the black seats ?

Cheers,
MZ.

ncooper
March 7th, 2017, 23:28
Hello,

I am not convinced that you are seeing the files I have attached.
The seats in your last three shots seem to have the faded blue seat belts
that Manfred gave us.

The image of the black seat and black seat belts above is from the files
I attached earlier and I see no blue.
However, I have removed the blue from the vvc_2bump_spec.dds
file as well in the hope that this will make the seat belts look black
on your screen too.

MZee1960
March 8th, 2017, 13:17
Hello,

I am not convinced that you are seeing the files I have attached.
The seats in your last three shots seem to have the faded blue seat belts
that Manfred gave us.

The image of the black seat and black seat belts above is from the files
I attached earlier and I see no blue.
However, I have removed the blue from the vvc_2bump_spec.dds
file as well in the hope that this will make the seat belts look black
on your screen too.

Hi Nick,

Thank-you for the latest files. I substituted these for the previous 2 files you provided and took before and after shots. As you can see below, the new files show no blue in the seatbelts but give them a really nice dark, grey appearance.

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/03/09/Dwm2017-03-0814-30-42-55.th.jpg (http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GODr) http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/03/09/Dwm2017-03-0814-38-45-65.th.jpg

(http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GODt)

MZee1960
March 8th, 2017, 13:22
Here are a few more close-up shots of the new files when applied to the seatbelts with black seats in the V3.14 VC.

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/03/09/Dwm2017-03-0814-29-36-54.th.jpg (http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GODQ) http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/03/09/Dwm2017-03-0814-29-39-93.th.jpg (http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GODa) http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/03/09/Dwm2017-03-0814-29-43-17.th.jpg (http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GODM) http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/03/09/Dwm2017-03-0814-29-46-68.th.jpg (http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GODg)

Thank-you, once again, for these, Nick.

Cheers,
Milan.

ncooper
March 8th, 2017, 13:34
No problem, you're welcome.

speedy70
March 8th, 2017, 14:11
Nick may I ask you to do the same for me with the light brown seats of the original VC of the previous release.

Cheers Chris

ncooper
March 8th, 2017, 14:45
Hello Chris,

Like this?

https://s19.postimg.org/nun9h2f83/Untitled.jpg

speedy70
March 8th, 2017, 15:01
Brilliant Nick thanks a million.

Cheers Chris

MZee1960
March 8th, 2017, 15:34
I also added/swapped out the 'vvc_2bump_spec.dds' which Nick had modified in post #76 (above) to the main C-47 V3.14 texture folder to make the 'blue tinge' vanish from the seatbelts in the default brown VC.

Here is one 'before', and two 'after' shots :

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/03/09/Dwm2017-03-0818-13-31-37.th.jpg (http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GODl) http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/03/09/Dwm2017-03-0818-13-34-86.th.jpg (http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GODn) http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/03/09/Dwm2017-03-0818-13-38-12.th.jpg (http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GOD1)

No more 'blues'. Thank-you, Nick.

Cheers,
Milan.

High Iron
March 11th, 2017, 16:24
First off I want say this aircraft is incredible. Thank you to all involved for your hard work, time and efforts. It proudly shows in the product.

I've been looking through the forum and haven't seen any question (thus far) in regards to the models being different from previous versions. In particular regards to the beacon light on the tail. All the paints show a beacon on the tail fin in their thumbnails but I'm not seeing it on the aircraft. Almost all the aircraft are using the line "model= blank" in the .cfg file. When I select the beacon switch to "on" in the VC, I have no beacon on the exterior. It does seem to appear that there is one on the belly around the back offset to one side but it doesn't come on either. Navigation lights work as usual with no issues. Is there a different model I should be setting the various repaints to call up to get the tail beacon back? Thanks for any and all help.

Cheers,
Thad

banjoman1960
March 12th, 2017, 00:10
First off I want say this aircraft is incredible. Thank you to all involved for your hard work, time and efforts. It proudly shows in the product.

I've been looking through the forum and haven't seen any question (thus far) in regards to the models being different from previous versions. In particular regards to the beacon light on the tail. All the paints show a beacon on the tail fin in their thumbnails but I'm not seeing it on the aircraft. Almost all the aircraft are using the line "model= blank" in the .cfg file. When I select the beacon switch to "on" in the VC, I have no beacon on the exterior. It does seem to appear that there is one on the belly around the back offset to one side but it doesn't come on either. Navigation lights work as usual with no issues. Is there a different model I should be setting the various repaints to call up to get the tail beacon back? Thanks for any and all help.

Cheers,
Thad

there are 3 models,
change entry in aircraft.cfg model= to model=C47_2 than it show:ernaehrung004:

as this;
[FLTSIM.7]

title=Douglas C-47 Buffalo Air
sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.4
model=C47_2
panel=
sound=
texture=BuffaloAir
kb_checklists=C47_check
kb_reference=C47_ref
atc_id=C-GPNR
ui_manufacturer="Douglas"
ui_type="C-47R Skytrain"
ui_variation="Buffalo Air"
ui_typerole="Twin Engine Prop"
ui_createdby=
description=

cheers
Ralf

High Iron
March 12th, 2017, 11:03
there are 3 models,
change entry in aircraft.cfg model= to model=C47_2 than it show:ernaehrung004:

as this;
[FLTSIM.7]

title=Douglas C-47 Buffalo Air
sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.4
model=C47_2
panel=
sound=
texture=BuffaloAir
kb_checklists=C47_check
kb_reference=C47_ref
atc_id=C-GPNR
ui_manufacturer="Douglas"
ui_type="C-47R Skytrain"
ui_variation="Buffalo Air"
ui_typerole="Twin Engine Prop"
ui_createdby=
description=

cheers
Ralf

Ah ha! Thanks Ralf. I suspected I had to do something like that.

Cheers!
Thad

speedy70
March 13th, 2017, 06:16
Nick,we now have black seats and light brown seats,may I impose upon your generosity and ask for dark brown ones.

Cheers Chris

MZee1960
March 13th, 2017, 08:27

Cheers,
Thad

There's a link to pictures of the three models as well in this post :
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/104652-Update-Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3-14-released-!?p=1069199&viewfull=1#post1069199

MZee1960
March 13th, 2017, 08:35
Nick,we now have black seats and light brown seats,may I impose upon your generosity and ask for dark brown ones.

Cheers Chris

Hi Chris,

Like these ? http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/104728-Update-Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3-14-feedback-and-support-topic?p=1071514&viewfull=1#post1071514

Cheers,
MZ

ncooper
March 13th, 2017, 08:45
I can't do much darker than these.

https://s19.postimg.org/xq46fs87n/Untitled.jpg

speedy70
March 13th, 2017, 08:59
Brilliant Nick,just what I wanted.Thanks

Cheers chris

MZee1960
March 13th, 2017, 16:41
Gman's olive colors look sharp in V3.14. Thank-you, Nick, for the seatbelt and seat port-overs to this latest version.

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/03/14/Dwm2017-03-1319-11-05-7800843.md.jpg (http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GVGX)http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/03/14/Dwm2017-03-1319-11-08-92.md.jpg (http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GVGv)http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/03/14/Dwm2017-03-1319-11-12-07.md.jpg

(http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GVN6)

Double J
March 13th, 2017, 23:22
Can I have some fuchsia seat belts with orange seats please?:wavey: my god so many posts about seat belt colours :biggrin-new:

Fly the damn plane...enjoy it! These guys spent years on it.

ncooper
March 14th, 2017, 00:54
Fuchsia seat belts with orange seats coming up.:untroubled:

No, not really.
Though it's really no trouble.
Look at how many repaints there are for the outside and no one is complaining.

511Flyer
March 14th, 2017, 01:11
Be careful what you ask Nick for. You want the aircraft in Miss Demeanor colours?

:dizzy:

ncooper
March 14th, 2017, 01:31
Ah yes Dennis, "based on" or "inspired by" I think:)

https://s19.postimg.org/rqu7hcrkj/Thumbnail.jpg

511Flyer
March 14th, 2017, 05:37
Hi Nick,

I've just noticed that you have 511 postings. Very strange coincidence.

:applause:

griphos
March 14th, 2017, 06:22
Perhaps all of this seat color stuff can go in the paint thread so this thread can stay about feedback and support?

THibben
March 16th, 2017, 14:22
I think I have screwed up my installation while trying to install updates. Is there a single file available that will install the plane with all of the updates? This would certainly help me get back on track.

Thanks,

Tom

THibben
March 16th, 2017, 15:40
I think I have screwed up my installation while trying to install updates. Is there a single file available that will install the plane with all of the updates? This would certainly help me get back on track.

Thanks,

Tom

If I delete the existing C47 file. Then install the C47 V3.12 beta and then the latest .14 file will that be a correct installation?

Thanks,

Tom

gray eagle
March 16th, 2017, 16:53
In P3d V3.4 I was trying the paratrooper V3.14 Beta with 3.14 fixes applied and using directions as follows:

TO ENABLE PARATROOP OPERATION
1. Open Paratroop door (Door 04) while on the ground (from Monitor Panel or with keyboard) and leave it open the entire flight.
2. Leave Paratrooper lights OFF. These replace the "Seat Belt" and "No Smoking" lights in the special Paratrooper model with Red Light and Green Light.
3. Climb to a minimum of 800 ft above ground.
4. About 2 minutes before arriving at drop area, turn Red Light ON. You will hear the Paratroop leader shouting "Red light! - Stand up." The troop will respond "Stand up..." Then you will hear "1 minute!"
5. After 1 minute or so, turn Green Light ON. You'll hear the Paratroopers exiting the plane.
6. You cannot re-start this sequence again in the air. You must land before each new drop.

I toggled the red light and heard the attention and stand up and I heard but did not see the paratroopers leave the plane. I wanted to try this out one more time to see if I could
see the troopers bail out. It would work for me in FSX/A but in P3d I am not seeing the paratroopers jumping out of the plane.

I didn't see a green light below the red light (was I supposed to see one). Now sometimes I can toggle the red light and no voices then after a moment I toggle the second toggle (Green light) and hear them say "GO"
No trooper animation.

manfredc3
March 16th, 2017, 18:53
If I delete the existing C47 file. Then install the C47 V3.12 beta and then the latest .14 file will that be a correct installation?

Thanks,

Tom

If I am not mistaken, then you should remove the 3.12 version and then do a clean install of the 3.14 version.

Make sure to backup any liveries you may have installed and their aircraft.cfg entries

scotth6
March 16th, 2017, 21:23
That's correct Manfred.

To install V 3.14, delete V3.12 totally from your Simobjects/Airplanes folder.

When installing (copy + paste) any effects etc with the new 3.14 version be sure to allow the new files to overwrite the existing files.

Same goes with the new fixes, overwrite any existing files.

THibben
March 17th, 2017, 06:44
That's correct Manfred.

To install V 3.14, delete V3.12 totally from your Simobjects/Airplanes folder.

When installing (copy + paste) any effects etc with the new 3.14 version be sure to allow the new files to overwrite the existing files.

Same goes with the new fixes, overwrite any existing files.

I am a little confused now. The previous post says to install V3.12. Then you say to it delete totally. Then install V 3.14.

Are you saying to install V 3.12 then install V 3.14 over it and then uninstall V3.12? Does this mean that the parts of 3.12 that are overwritten will be saved when you when you install 3.14?

Thanks for the help,

Tom

dhazelgrove
March 17th, 2017, 06:54
I am a little confused now. The previous post says to install V3.12. Then you say to it delete totally. Then install V 3.14.

Are you saying to install V 3.12 then install V 3.14 over it and then uninstall V3.12? Does this mean that the parts of 3.12 that are overwritten will be saved when you when you install 3.14?

Thanks for the help,

Tom

No. Delete v3.12 first - all of it, except any liveries you want to keep - then install v3.14.

Dave

banjoman1960
March 17th, 2017, 11:12
and after Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 the last patch............Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14_Fixes

gray eagle
March 17th, 2017, 12:03
Okay, I have backed up current C47 folders that I had installed in P3d v3.4 and did a fresh install of Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1405
I followed the check list procedures (even ticked the paratrooper option) and even though the checklist only closes the doors
(I have to manually open doors 1/2/4/ on the shift 4 keys) then do that after takeoff checks, this leaves me to fly a little bit till
it is time for the troopers to bail out. So I go for the first toggle swtich, I hear the sarge yell stand up and some other such commands.
then I go for the next toggle, I hear the bug out and also hear them (not see them) bail out. I am in spot view as soon as I hear them
bail out, there is nothing to see but a airplane with doors open wide.

In Fsx it all works as advertized as I can see the trooper jump out and hit the silk and their chutes open up. Not this way in P3D V3.4 (At least for me)

Now I just wanted to try a bear bones install of Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1405 after I have removed what I had in there before - That is all backed up.

So, any one else out there in P3D land having this issue not seeing the troopers bail out? I remember reading in the manual for an older version that the paratrooper
was not meant for P3D. Wonder if that still holds?

banjoman1960
March 17th, 2017, 13:06
paratroopereffect does not work in p3dv3........
if you see nothing then this effekt is not installed,have you install the other effects and texture to effectfolder?
check if you see red VC light? if not check maineffect folder if you miss,the files are in the 3.14beta planefolder and need to put in maineffect folder......

gray eagle
March 17th, 2017, 13:41
The paratrooper effect does work now. I found one effect file that I failed to install. :encouragement:

THibben
March 18th, 2017, 06:14
and after Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 the last patch............Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14_Fixes

Thanks Dave and Banjoman for all of your help. I have it installed and running.

Tom

willemkelder
March 18th, 2017, 07:51
Hallo,

Why is there a strobe light switch installed in the overhead panel.
In the earlydays there where no strobe lights installed on the C47/DC3 models.

willemkelder
March 18th, 2017, 07:54
Hallo,

Is there also a cabin interior avail with normal cabin seats.

mjahn
March 18th, 2017, 10:12
Hallo,

There is one? I never noticed.

Hallo,
Not for the current versions, sorry.

banjoman1960
March 18th, 2017, 11:48
Thanks Dave and Banjoman for all of your help. I have it installed and running.

Tom

You are Welcome!
Nice to hear............

cheers
Ralf

gray eagle
March 18th, 2017, 15:24
I wanted to show what the paratroopers look like in P3d 3.4 as that bail out of the airplane. At first, they look normal like in FSX/X and in the following photos, notice how the canopies grow into
something really, really wierd...

https://s14.postimg.org/4gks3qpn5/jump.jpg

https://s11.postimg.org/8yifob9nn/Jump1.jpg

Canopies are starting to look wierd

https://s7.postimg.org/a4f7zoiy3/Jump2.jpg

gray eagle
March 18th, 2017, 15:28
As you can see the canopies are stretched from side to side.
In the manual it states:

Note: Paratroopers in P3D don’t look quite right when they jump (it’s not their grease paint and heavy load, it’s a P3D thing), but otherwise everything works as described.

So is this a P3D thing?

https://s17.postimg.org/u3thrhm4v/Jump3.jpg

MZee1960
March 18th, 2017, 17:42
Hi Guys,

I just updated this wonderful C-47 model to the latest V3.1406., and all files seem to have installed OK, as changes and improvements are visible.

Everything I tried so far works well, ... except I found when switching between the various 'non-paratrooper repaints' I have acquired so far, and the original 'default paratrooper version' (my only paratrooper version), while FSX is running (by using the top drop-down menu and using the 'select aircraft' option to switch to a different repaint ), it seems that the switch labels do not always change to the 'red light - green light' configuration in the VC when I call up the paratrooper version, but will eventually display correctly if I switch views from VC to external view and back, or move around the paratrooper aircraft for a bit, switching the VC views several times etc..

This never happens when I load up FSX from scratch and load the paratrooper version as my initial aircraft.
It happens almost at random and usually after I have already made numerous C-47 aircraft repaint changes from within FSX using the drop-down menu (all while FSX continues to run).
It almost seems as if the sim seems to get confused with which files to get to display the paratrooper version correctly/completely and needs to 'clear it's mind' by having me exit the sim and do a complete fresh re-start of the sim.
I know FSX is full of many 'quirks', as I have come across several in my 'travels' .... perhaps this is another ?

Cheers,
MZ.

mjahn
March 18th, 2017, 23:08
Hi Guys,
I just updated this wonderful C-47 model to the latest V3.1406., and all files seem to have installed OK, as changes and improvements are visible.
Everything I tried so far works well, ... except I found when switching between the various 'non-paratrooper repaints' I have acquired so far, and the original 'default paratrooper version' (my only paratrooper version), while FSX is running (by using the top drop-down menu and using the 'select aircraft' option to switch to a different repaint ), it seems that the switch labels do not always change to the 'red light - green light' configuration in the VC when I call up the paratrooper version, but will eventually display correctly if I switch views from VC to external view and back, or move around the paratrooper aircraft for a bit, switching the VC views several times etc..
This never happens when I load up FSX from scratch and load the paratrooper version as my initial aircraft.
It happens almost at random and usually after I have already made numerous C-47 aircraft repaint changes from within FSX using the drop-down menu (all while FSX continues to run).
It almost seems as if the sim seems to get confused with which files to get to display the paratrooper version correctly/completely and needs to 'clear it's mind' by having me exit the sim and do a complete fresh re-start of the sim.
I know FSX is full of many 'quirks', as I have come across several in my 'travels' .... perhaps this is another ?
Yes, as far as I can tell, your observations are all spot on. Apparently FSX maintains a cache of textures, and when you reload what it thinks is the same plane, it doesn't always reload all textures. Repainters come across this often, for instance they change the general shine of the surfaces, reload the plane, see no change at all, add some more shine, reload, see no change etc etc. I mainly use two ways of forcing FSX to display the current set of textures: restarting FSX or loading another texture-intensive plane that clears FSX's texture memory and then reload the plane you want. This second option is slightly less time consuming than a wholesale restart but can only be done safely when on the ground.

Gray Eagle, yes, we need to get or make a better P3D parachute effect. BTW, the plane has a dedicated paratrooper door, doors 1 and 2 should never be open in flight because they would tear off.

Javis
March 19th, 2017, 02:50
Hallo

Goeiedag Willem,

If you mean the anti-collision light, actually it happend to be the first switch i installed in the OH panels... :)

It sat right there in the OH panel photo that i used for reference and you gotta start somewhere... ;-) It's not working, someday we'll find use for it.

Hallo,

Like Manfred says, not now, no. But i see a fully fledged civilian DC-3 in my virtual dreams... :positive:

willemkelder
March 19th, 2017, 03:32
Goeiedag Willem,

If you mean the anti-collision light, actually it happend to be the first switch i installed in the OH panels... :)

It sat right there in the OH panel photo that i used for reference and you gotta start somewhere... ;-) It's not working, someday we'll find use for it.

Like Manfred says, not now, no. But i see a fully fledged civilian DC-3 in my virtual dreams... :positive:

Thanks for the reply, and Yes the anti-collision light switch

I hope so because these models are very nice with all the possibilities.

BendyFlyer
March 19th, 2017, 04:02
Yes, as far as I can tell, your observations are all spot on. Apparently FSX maintains a cache of textures, and when you reload what it thinks is the same plane, it doesn't always reload all textures. Repainters come across this often, for instance they change the general shine of the surfaces, reload the plane, see no change at all, add some more shine, reload, see no change etc etc. I mainly use two ways of forcing FSX to display the current set of textures: restarting FSX or loading another texture-intensive plane that clears FSX's texture memory and then reload the plane you want. This second option is slightly less time consuming than a wholesale restart but can only be done safely when on the ground.....

Thanks this confirms a suspicion of mine that was what was happening with some repaints I was attempting.

And what can I say to the TEAM that made this wonderful aircraft come to life in FSX but thank you. Made an old aviator very happy indeed. A quick flight about a bit sloppy on the speed and attitude control and yep it bounces like a demon just like the real thing did, I had forgotten this one vice, don't get it right your going to kangaroo down the runway or go around.

willemkelder
March 19th, 2017, 08:37
Hallo,

I have the following question,

I like to install the panel and the aircraft from the V2 version (Bufallo_Airways_C-GPNR) in the new V3.1405 version.
I did some attemps like normal when you instal a panel but nothing seems to work here.

I needs to change something in the texture.cfg and in de aircraft. cfg but i think i foregot something but what?

hope you can help

ncooper
March 19th, 2017, 09:21
Hello,

Probably this line in the aircraft.cfg entry
sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.5

and maybe the texture.cfg to

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\texture
fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Texture

gray eagle
March 19th, 2017, 09:27
Gray Eagle, yes, we need to get or make a better P3D parachute effect..

Hoping for a fix for the P3D parachute effect.

BTW, the plane has a dedicated paratrooper door, doors 1 and 2 should never be open in flight because they would tear off.

Now it makes since, when I would open Door 4 only a tiny area would open but as I now find out, that's all that is needed for the paratrooper
to use to jump out.

willemkelder
March 19th, 2017, 11:00
Hello,

Probably this line in the aircraft.cfg entry
sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.5

and maybe the texture.cfg to

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\texture
fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Texture

yes but i like to use the modern bufallo panel with this liverie if i do this the old time panel is visible.

ncooper
March 19th, 2017, 11:23
Sorry, I misunderstood.
You will need the interior model from the earlier version.
Perhaps easier just to install the earlier version if you want the modern cockpit.

MZee1960
March 19th, 2017, 13:01
Yes, as far as I can tell, your observations are all spot on. Apparently FSX maintains a cache of textures, and when you reload what it thinks is the same plane, it doesn't always reload all textures. Repainters come across this often, for instance they change the general shine of the surfaces, reload the plane, see no change at all, add some more shine, reload, see no change etc etc. I mainly use two ways of forcing FSX to display the current set of textures: restarting FSX or loading another texture-intensive plane that clears FSX's texture memory and then reload the plane you want. This second option is slightly less time consuming than a wholesale restart but can only be done safely when on the ground.

Thank-you, very much for the prompt reply, Manfred.

I run my FSX with minimal 'tweaks' and as far as addons go, I value quality vs quantity, and hence my sim is fairly lean, although sometimes I go a bit overboard with repaints (this C-47 has 16 total to date ... and counting..).

I was beginning to wonder if that was too many for one particular aircraft and perhaps I should get rid of a few, but I figure if they're installed correctly, then the only limiting factor is memory space of which I have enough on my 2 TB HDD.

Just wanted you guys over at DDW to know that this aircraft already more than rivals many top-end payware models, and to think that it is still in the 'development phase' just blows my mind !

Cheers,
MZ.

willemkelder
March 20th, 2017, 09:50
Sorry, I misunderstood.
You will need the interior model from the earlier version.
Perhaps easier just to install the earlier version if you want the modern cockpit.

Thanks for the reply,s and i will instal a earlier version.

j4rd1n4t0r
March 20th, 2017, 17:20
Thanks.

Hello everyone,

I just registered to say thank you to all the people behind this wonderful plane !

Cheers,
"j4"

Timmy74
March 22nd, 2017, 03:30
Thank you to all involved for these updates and enhancements.

Now, how do I get my F12 key to show "View down/ plan view" rather than looking at the starboard engine and wing please? I had it working on my last install but for the life of me I can not seem to remember how it was done...!?

Any help would be fantastic! I have even scrolled through my last .cfg file but can not see any difference (in the cameradefinition logs) anywhere?

Cheers,
Tim.

ncooper
March 22nd, 2017, 03:49
Hello,
If you look for
HotKeySelect=
at the bottom of any camera definition entries and delete or comment out that line, it should
do what you want and still have the extra views.

Timmy74
March 22nd, 2017, 23:26
Hello,
If you look for
HotKeySelect=
at the bottom of any camera definition entries and delete or comment out that line, it should
do what you want and still have the extra views.

Thank you very much Nick. I found that I had not done the two back strokes to the hotkey=4....

Cheers,
Tim.

Paughco
March 24th, 2017, 09:01

A long time ago I was helping my cousins at the farm in Hermiston, Oregon, and I stepped on a nail. OUCH! They "med evaced" me to my home in Portland on a DC-3 out of Pendleton. I got to go up to the cockpit as we were flying over the Columbia River. I wonder what airline that was? Maybe I can find out on the DC-3 Airways forum. Thank you for all your efforts here, and on the A2A forum!

Seeya
ATB

Paughco
March 24th, 2017, 09:09
I just wanted to thank the developers for this wonderful aircraft! It's right up there with my A2A favorites! My trusty old MAAM DC-3 has been traded off for this fine machine. Looking forward to a flight from KJFK to Martha's Vineyard today.

Seeya
ATB

galliando
March 26th, 2017, 17:43
I have some questions on the Manfred C-47 and a request.

1) I fly in VR and with FSUIPC on p3d. I have trouble with mapping my buttons to known functions (fsuipc list) for the starting sequence. How can I map my buttons to operate the fuel pump, boost pump, starter, and primer.

2) with flyinside I cannot operate the primer switch because it is a spring and hold switch. I need it to be an on off like the other switches.

3) I recently flew DC-3 owned by airborne imaging. I do not have the time or knowledge to do a repaint. Can someone help me out.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/billword/17204909777/

Search N92578 for more images. Current paint is two tone grey.

A uniquely outfitted aircraft as it is fitted to carry two MTS sensor balls for testing purposes.

An awesome freeware aircraft for sure. It was pretty easy for me to get in the VR environment and feel like I was right back in the real aircraft.

Chopper
March 30th, 2017, 15:56
Great aircraft, one of my favorites . . prior to the last update, myself and three others struggled to get the Paratrooper 'Spooky' texture to work. Now with this update, it's the same issue.
We are running in P3D and we only see the Eastern Air Transport Services . . . try the download for the MAAM and it crashed P3D.

Any help with the textures would be great. This aircraft is being used in the not yet released SEA FSX@War Campaign . . it's in beta testing now. See attached picture were the C-47 is used during a re-supply mission in Laos.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/220128612005707776/295330237594468354/2017-3-25_18-21-46-121.jpeg

Thanks,
Chopper

speedy70
March 30th, 2017, 16:24
"Spooky" is a gunship not a paratroopers aircraft!!!!

I think you mean European air transport service not eastern air transport service.

If you add a copy of your aircraft.cfg file I will try to help.

Cheers Chris

Chopper
March 30th, 2017, 18:26
"Spooky" is a gunship not a paratroopers aircraft!!!!

I think you mean European air transport service not eastern air transport service.

If you add a copy of your aircraft.cfg file I will try to help.

Cheers Chris

Chris . . thanks for the reply . . I got the Spooky textures to load.
It's hard to get everything right on these aircraft being just a dumb old pilot.
Any suggestions for Navy or other US military textures for the C-47??
Thanks,
Chopper

menef
March 31st, 2017, 00:36
During a dusk flight, I've noticed that the fluorescent instruments light doesn't work:mixed-smiley-027:
Someone else has esperienced the same?
FSX+Acc + update installed as instructions:dizzy:

ncooper
March 31st, 2017, 00:42
Hello,

It works only at night or when the simulator automatically switches panel lighting on.

menef
March 31st, 2017, 00:58
Hello,

It works only at night or when the simulator automatically switches panel lighting on.
Thank you Nick:very_drunk:

cavaricooper
March 31st, 2017, 01:58
Just wanted to stick my oar in here and say, whilst the myriad improvements are absolutely wonderful and much appreciated - the truly superlative bits and bobs are in the ADE. AM has struck yet another Six! The airframe is solid and predictable, flight path and vertical path stable, with none of the pitch/power/yaw interaction that was present earlier.

On final, in a stiff crosswind, she requires a delicate hand on the controls, yet she is confidence inspiring and obedient to intelligent input. In an almost white out at Homer the other evening, she flew to minimums, to break out and chirp down, where many a lesser airframe would have gone around and gone home.

She flies like a Dak and that's the highest praise I can summon- BRAVO ZULU!

Best- Carl

PS- Herr Jahn- your creation has risen to new, heretofore unimaginable heights. Thanks for inspiring this sort of collective greatness amongst her aficionados!

menef
March 31st, 2017, 02:13
I fully agree! This bird is a piece of jewellery indeed:triumphant::encouragement:

Javis
March 31st, 2017, 02:51
During a dusk flight, I've noticed that the fluorescent instruments light doesn't work:mixed-smiley-027:
Someone else has esperienced the same?
FSX+Acc + update installed as instructions:dizzy:

Works fine here.. Dusk/Night/Dawn... you know it takes a few seconds for the switch to turn from 'Start' to 'On', right ?...

This at dusk with fluorescent lights on :

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/mj_dc3vc/fluordusk.jpg

menef
March 31st, 2017, 03:53
Works fine here.. Dusk/Night/Dawn... you know it takes a few seconds for the switch to turn from 'Start' to 'On', right ?...

This at dusk with fluorescent lights on :

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/mj_dc3vc/fluordusk.jpg
Yes I know it, but it was not very dusk, it was an early dusk, ( more or less 40 mins before dusk) so for sure for the software it wasn't a
dusk even if the daylight was almost gone and it was quite difficult
to read the instruments. Thank you

ex_coelis
April 5th, 2017, 18:22
Hello all!

I'm new to the SOH forums, and I'm having some issues with the Douglas C-47 v3.14 for FSX in Windows 10.

I was able to install the 3.12 version with no issues, and it works great in FSX for me.

As for 3.14, I believe I have installed the airplane according to the readme instructions (deleting the 3.12 version etc.), but when I am in any of the cockpit views, virtually everything is "blacked out" other than a few things such as some gauge outlines. The view out the cockpit window is black as well. If I go to spot view, everything looks fine.

Does anyone have any idea what I may have done wrong, or have to do to correct this issue?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Double J
April 14th, 2017, 11:12
Where would I find the sound wave for the brakes, I find the sound of the brakes very grating and would like to change it

ncooper
April 14th, 2017, 11:13
If you prefer no sound, go to the default simulator sound folder and find the file silence.wav.
Make a copy and rename it to SB01_Brakes.wav.
Copy it into Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14\panel\DGSounds.
Let it overwrite.
Otherwise, choose a sound you do like, name the file SB01_Brakes.wav and put that in there instead.

Double J
April 14th, 2017, 16:55
If you prefer no sound, go to the default simulator sound folder and find the file silence.wav.
Make a copy and rename it to SB01_Brakes.wav.
Copy it into Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14\panel\DGSounds.
Let it overwrite.
Otherwise, choose a sound you do like, name the file SB01_Brakes.wav and put that in there instead.

Excellent thankyou

Double J
April 16th, 2017, 13:55
Does the stewardess ever say anything? After about 40 hrs I haven't heard a word. Stewardess is checked on the checklist cover.

gray eagle
April 16th, 2017, 14:54
Does the stewardess ever say anything? After about 40 hrs I haven't heard a word. Stewardess is checked on the checklist cover.

Yup, Nancy is there.
If you want to play the sounds with your wav player to hear the sound bytes go to SND_Calls and there are a few female sound bytes

Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1405\Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14\panel\DGSounds\SND_Calls

AD-26 thru 22 WAV FILES.

Penz
April 16th, 2017, 23:45
I made a small fix for the paratrooper effect, so it looks a bit better in P3D. I'm not sure if it scales exactly like in FSX, but at least it's a lot closer.

Changes:
In [ParticleAttributes.0], changed "X Scale Goal=-1.00" to "X Scale Goal=0.00".
This makes the pre-parachute-opening sprite scale (better) with distance.
This is only active for 1.5 seconds, but it looks odd when it doesn't scale at all.

In [ParticleAttributes.1], changed "X Scale Goal=-1.00" to "X Scale Goal=1.00".
Now the open parachute sprite scales (better) with distance, and the parachute doesn't gradually become 2 miles wide.

Oh, and removed two conspicuous "i"'s from [Emitter.1] "X Rotation", changed from "X Rotation=0.00, 0.00ii" to "X Rotation=0.00, 0.00".
The "i"'s don't seem to have any adverse effect, they just don't look right! ;)

(I have attached a small ZIP file with the updated effect to this post.).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/Hierophant/FSX/P3D_para1_zpspynqebs6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/Hierophant/FSX/P3D_para2_zpsodc9phdf.jpg

Double J
April 17th, 2017, 07:22
Yup, Nancy is there.
If you want to play the sounds with your wav player to hear the sound bytes go to SND_Calls and there are a few female sound bytes

Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1405\Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14\panel\DGSounds\SND_Calls

AD-26 thru 22 WAV FILES.

Found those but during flight she is absolute silence. One good thing about Microsoft Flight, you can make the passengers scream and toss their cookies:biggrin-new:

gray eagle
April 17th, 2017, 07:55
I made a small fix for the paratrooper effect, so it looks a bit better in P3D. I'm not sure if it scales exactly like in FSX, but at least it's a lot closer.

Changes:
In [ParticleAttributes.0], changed "X Scale Goal=-1.00" to "X Scale Goal=0.00".
This makes the pre-parachute-opening sprite scale (better) with distance.
This is only active for 1.5 seconds, but it looks odd when it doesn't scale at all.

In [ParticleAttributes.1], changed "X Scale Goal=-1.00" to "X Scale Goal=1.00".
Now the open parachute sprite scales (better) with distance, and the parachute doesn't gradually become 2 miles wide.

Oh, and removed two conspicuous "i"'s from [Emitter.1] "X Rotation", changed from "X Rotation=0.00, 0.00ii" to "X Rotation=0.00, 0.00".
The "i"'s don't seem to have any adverse effect, they just don't look right! ;)

(I have attached a small ZIP file with the updated effect to this post.).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/Hierophant/FSX/P3D_para1_zpspynqebs6.jpg

Thank you for fixing this issue. Very clever how you fixed it :encouragement: Now my troopers 'chutes aren't a mile wide when they deploy in P3D Mode :biggrin-new:

Morti_UK
April 21st, 2017, 13:12
Ah yes Dennis, "based on" or "inspired by" I think:)

https://s19.postimg.org/rqu7hcrkj/Thumbnail.jpg

is this repaint avaible?

ncooper
April 21st, 2017, 13:13
Only for the MAAM sim DC3, sorry.

PhantomTweak
April 21st, 2017, 22:18
is this repaint avaible?

From the looks of that repaint, it's only available if you're smoking something you shouldn't, or eating some mushrooms that aren't sold in stores!
:biggrin-new: :biggrin-new:

Sorry, I just couldn't resist :D
Pat☺

triflyman
May 9th, 2017, 13:41
Setting up this great update and found that I can only see the engine smoke from the rear. In a previous thread I found where I need to "You will need to run the effect through the Fixer's conversion. Then it works as it should from all angles." from NCooper. I assumed he was talking about Steve's DX10 Scenery Fixer...but I can't find anything that says "Fixer's conversion" in any of the program's files nor is there anything with that terminology in his manual. Looked in the Fixer Toolbox but it would not work with the "Cranky" file.

So my questions are:
1. Is there some other Fixer Conversion program that I should be using?
2. If I need to use Steve's program what, exactly, do I need to do?

Thanks,

ncooper
May 9th, 2017, 14:12
Here you are

https://s19.postimg.org/qgdoykosz/Untitled.jpg

Bjoern
May 9th, 2017, 14:13
Steve's manual, chapter 13 (page 88 ff.).

triflyman
May 9th, 2017, 17:46
Thanks...that fixed it.

Paughco
May 27th, 2017, 08:31
I wonder if the Manfred Jahn C-47 will work on the new, soon-to-be-released P3D v4?

Thank you
ATB

griphos
May 27th, 2017, 09:00
I'll let those who really know settle it, but most of what I see are .xml files. So, it's likely to work all right. We'll have to see.

triflyman
May 28th, 2017, 13:49
If I use GSX with the aircraft I loose Nancy, until I get airborne. When I activate her at the start she says Hi but shortly after the check mark is gone and I can't reactivate her until I'm airborne. If I deactivate GSX than all is fine.

Anyone have any ideas of how to fix?

Thanks

triflyman
May 30th, 2017, 11:42
Cancel previous post about GSX...my fault (it usually is)...not a problem with GSX.

lawlegge
June 2nd, 2017, 19:01
I wonder if the Manfred Jahn C-47 will work on the new, soon-to-be-released P3D v4?

Thank you
ATB

Looks and flies as usual - perfect...

Is lacking fluorescent instrument lights, no switch click sounds, no Ernie/co-pilot voice...

ncooper
June 2nd, 2017, 23:43
Hello,
Fluorescent lighting still works.
In fact it looks better than it does in FSX.

The sounds rely on Doug Dawson's gauge which needs to be made 64 bit.

https://s19.postimg.org/8mdn72sur/1.jpg

https://s19.postimg.org/oynowt76b/2.jpg

https://s19.postimg.org/m5uhcs6tv/3.jpg

Penz
June 3rd, 2017, 00:08
The sounds rely on Doug Dawson's gauge which need to be made 64 bit.
A lot of aircraft would be very happy if that should happen, not just the C-47. :)

SkippyBing
June 3rd, 2017, 01:26
A lot of aircraft would be very happy if that should happen, not just the C-47. :)

Alternatively it's now possible to play sounds from an XML gauge natively in P3D v4

Mike71
June 3rd, 2017, 02:26
Thanks.

Beautiful work in all respects as far as I am concerned. I love flying this thing, and the VC graphics/accuracy is superior to any payware I have ever used (and there are MANY!).

One question I hope someday will be answered in the positive - will there be a DC-3 external model at some point (no astrodome, cargo door, etc)?

griphos
June 3rd, 2017, 09:48
Thought folks might enjoy watching this modern training video:

http://youtu.be/sA_N10PQtl0?list=PL8F26D920AA815835

alpha charlie
June 3rd, 2017, 11:47
the VC graphics/accuracy is superior to any payware I have ever used

I don't intend to downplay the quality of the C-47 but I feel it's a bit over the top. Did you put your hands on A2A B-17?

Roger
June 3rd, 2017, 13:12
I don't intend to downplay the quality of the C-47 but I feel it's a bit over the top. Did you put your hands on A2A B-17?

Well AC, with all due respect, I don't believe the A2A B-17 (which I have) competes with Jan and team's rendition of the C-47 cockpit, but such things are inevitably highly subjective. Let's just agree that they did a damn good job on both aircraft.:engel016:

airtj
June 4th, 2017, 19:49
I can't seem to get the para troopers to jump out. I've read the thread about the help tips but that doesn't seem to help. Are the Red and Green lights supposed to light when you flip the switch? I can't hear the para trooper chatter but I get the call outs from the co pilot. Thanks for any suggestions.

rlaycock
June 4th, 2017, 21:02
Alternatively it's now possible to play sounds from an XML gauge natively in P3D v4

Could you please help with instructions how to do this
Thanks in advance if you can help.
Regards
Bob

RandyCain
June 6th, 2017, 17:02
Hi,

Thank you all for a wonderful model! I love the new night lighting in the virtual cockpit!
I do have a couple of questions, though.
I've noticed a loss in power in the upgrade from v3.12 to v3.14. I can no longer achieve a cruise of 135 knots with 29.95" and 2050rpm. I can no longer climb at 105 knots without running the engines in the yellow. Was this on purpose or am I missing something?
The other thing is I installed the pack to park the RDI and ADF needles, they seem to no longer work, with our without avionics power. The control panel says I'm recieving the station, but the needles don't move.
One last thing... On the new revised checklist, when checking the control surfaces for free movement, the sounds played for each position keep repeating until I get the control back to center. (This didn't happen in the first version. The sound only played once.)

Thanks again and any ideas on getting the RDF and ADF needles pointing again, or do I need to wait til the next update for that?

Thank you,
Yours,
Randy Cain

RandyCain
June 7th, 2017, 00:49
Sorry, but I don't see how to edit posts in this forum. I need to remove my comments about the ADF and RMI needles not working. I must have been out of range of the stations.

My questions about the power still apply, though.

On a separate note, where are the edit and delete buttons in these forum posts?

paulopp
June 7th, 2017, 04:02
Have you checked your max gross weight? Maybe you're too heavy? MTOW increased from 26,200 to 31,000 pounds in the newer version.

Best regards,
Christian

dbutterf
June 9th, 2017, 17:35
Hi,
Hope I can get some help with this. I appear to be missing a guage in the RAF KG374. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dayle

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/06/09/Panel.jpg (http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GL6W)

RandyCain
June 9th, 2017, 17:58
Have you checked your max gross weight? Maybe you're too heavy? MTOW increased from 26,200 to 31,000 pounds in the newer version.

Best regards,
Christian

Hi, Christian. Thanks for the reply. Yes, the default payload with full fuel, as loaded when you select the plane, is still under 31,000lbs. ..but that didn't turn out to be the relevant issue.
I found my mistake.
I was in the process of flying flying across the country with version 3.12 and had just landed in Boise Idaho. I upgraded to 3.14 at Boise and took off from there to go to Rapid City, SD. It wasn't freezing on the ground or the air I was flying in, but it was getting cloudy and rain. I was flying into the back end of a front. What I didn't realize was that the "H" default carb heat key only turned on the Prop De-ice, not the Wing de-ice or the carb heat. My bad. That's why I wasn't getting the power I was thinking I should have.
I went to Galveston in no weather and 29.92 and checked the take off on several weights and fuel loads, and no problems maintaining power, so that must have been it.
Sorry for the knee jerk post, but I was a little freaked at the time.

Again, I love the new lighting and thank you all so much for your efforts!
Yours,
Randy Cain :wavey:

Javis
June 9th, 2017, 20:26
Hi,
Hope I can get some help with this. I appear to be missing a guage in the RAF KG374. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dayle

You are missing 'metal.dds' and 'markerlts.dds' from the latest C-47 package ( Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1405.zip ). Looks like you're missing the texture for the armrests as well ( vvc2bump.dds ). Don't forget to add the corresponding night textures as well ( ... _LM.dds or ... _L.dds ). There might be more textures missing.... You're using a VVC texture repaint set that fits the earlier VVC version, not the latest one...

cheers,
jan

RandyCain
June 9th, 2017, 20:34
I've also just realized that I haven't heard a word from Nancy since I upgraded to version 3.14. I've tried all the models, and from a scratch flight, not a previously saved one.
I also notice that I have to help the checklist along. It doesn't play through to the end of each list on it's own now. I mean, sometimes I have to go back and click on the next item of the list to get it going again. It played through in version 3.12. Is this on purpose?
Please let me know what I may have missed. Thanks.

Yours,
Randy

Javis
June 9th, 2017, 20:51
Certainly not on purpose, Randy. Personally i have not been able to get continuous flow of the audible checklists neither. We have tried everything in the book to overcome this but sofar to no avail. It certainly works better than before but the flow can still come to a halt somewhere along the line. I can usually pick it up by clicking the next checklist.

Good things usually don't come easy.. :)

cheers,
jan

banjoman1960
June 9th, 2017, 22:11
I've also just realized that I haven't heard a word from Nancy since I upgraded to version 3.14. I've tried all the models, and from a scratch flight, not a previously saved one.
I also notice that I have to help the checklist along. It doesn't play through to the end of each list on it's own now. I mean, sometimes I have to go back and click on the next item of the list to get it going again. It played through in version 3.12. Is this on purpose?
Please let me know what I may have missed. Thanks.

Yours,
Randy

set cold and dark and open door, in the checklist switch on all voices on.........then it work for me......

RandyCain
June 9th, 2017, 23:14
Certainly not on purpose, Randy. Personally i have not been able to get continuous flow of the audible checklists neither. We have tried everything in the book to overcome this but sofar to no avail. It certainly works better than before but the flow can still come to a halt somewhere along the line. I can usually pick it up by clicking the next checklist.

Good things usually don't come easy.. :)

cheers,
jan

Hi Jan,

A couple of things that I have noticed, in trying to figure this out, is with the new checklist, the prompts to "click here to begin....", like the one at the top of the 3.12 version checklist, no longer appear. I don't know if that's just my video card or a draw order mistake, but it's not showing up.... as well as the "Prev" and "next" page prompts that normally appear on the bottom corners of the pages. Those aren't showing up on all the pages, either, but they still work.
I did finally hear Nancy at the beginning of one flight, but I haven't heard her again... at least not yet.
I did discover that if you click the underlined section title of each section of each checklist, it will begin the automatic run of that section of that page of the checklist. I like the idea, but I never saw anything about it in the instructions. I found it be accident.
I noticed you don't have to start your flight all over again if the checklist gets out of order now. That's cool, too.

Could there be something in the address lines in the new checklist playlist? Like maybe a typo in the address line of the Nancy voice files that just got copied over and over again so only her messages aren't being played because the playlist can't find them?

ncooper
June 10th, 2017, 01:11
I've also just realized that I haven't heard a word from Nancy since I upgraded to version 3.14.
Yours,
Randy

Have you turned her on?

She always says hello if you do and sometimes brings you a coffee.
She has quite a bit to say but you need a lengthy flight and to remain in the VC to hear it.

stansdds
June 10th, 2017, 03:07
Have you turned her on?

Hmmmm... so many things I could say about that line. :biggrin-new:

RandyCain
June 10th, 2017, 05:30
Hi Nick,

All the sounds for the pilot, copilot and Nancy played just fine in the 3.12 version of the checklist.. I don't know what changed, but something did. I haven't tried the paratrooper model yet in either version, though. Does the paratrooper model turn off Nancy?

ncooper
June 10th, 2017, 07:01
Hello,
Does she not even say Hello Boys a few moments after the pilots have spoken?

RandyCain
June 10th, 2017, 08:00
Nick,

I've heard AD-5.wav play one time, when I restarted the plane and the sim from scratch and turned on the list, etc. ..but I've heard none of the sounds that are only Nancy's voice in the last 10 or so hours of flying and trying.
But AD-5.wav has all 3 of their voices, not just Nancy's.

banjoman1960
June 10th, 2017, 08:43
Does the paratrooper model turn off Nancy?

i think so:jump:

RandyCain
June 10th, 2017, 09:39
Something I just noticed...
When you turn on the CallOuts and the Stewardess, the Interphone switch turns on automatically now. It didn't in 3.12... BUT, when you turn off Callouts, but leave Stewardess ON, the Interphone switch turns OFF, eventhough it should still be ON.
Maybe trying it the way it used to be, having to manually turn the interphone switch turned on might be part of the problem, or at least a symptom?

It also occurs to me that the random comments from Ernie and copilot dont play nearly as often, if at all. ..but all the checklist items still play just fine.

ncooper
June 10th, 2017, 09:49
Hello,

I have never tried just Nancy, perhaps that's what is the matter.
The "Callouts" switch is a "master switch" for the crew callouts and the "Nancy" switch
is an addition to that.

Try opening the door, then switch both on and when you close the door, Nancy will speak.
She does not speak if you turn the "Callouts" switch off first and she does not speak if you
turn off the "Stewardess" switch off either.

banjoman1960
June 10th, 2017, 14:14
Something I just noticed...
When you turn on the CallOuts and the Stewardess, the Interphone switch turns on automatically now. It didn't in 3.12... BUT, when you turn off Callouts, but leave Stewardess ON, the Interphone switch turns OFF, eventhough it should still be ON.
Maybe trying it the way it used to be, having to manually turn the interphone switch turned on might be part of the problem, or at least a symptom?

It also occurs to me that the random comments from Ernie and copilot dont play nearly as often, if at all. ..but all the checklist items still play just fine.

try switch cold and dark,open door1,switch callouts and stewardes on..........then it work:wavey:

RandyCain
June 10th, 2017, 16:20
Nick,

In version 3.12, turning off Callouts did not turn off Nancy. But even when I make sure I've done all the chocks, x's and door opening, and Cold Start and Nancy and Ernie and the Co-pilot have greeted each other, I've been flying for several hours and it's not just Nancy that's not playing, it's also the random comments made by Ernie and the copilot that aren't playing, either.

Banjoman,

Yes, I made certain I did those things. I've been using version 3.12 for at least a couple of weeks and the crew sounds have worked flawlessly for me. With Nancy, with and without the Callouts. The one thing I haven't tried are the paratroopers.

Are there updates I might try to correct this, or do I just need to wait for the next update?

ncooper
June 10th, 2017, 22:39
With all due respect, properly installed, there isn't a problem, so there isn't likely to be an update
to address it.
Do you think it might be worth your while to re-install the aircraft?

It might be best to put your existing installation aside, install the latest version and confirm that in its
untouched form, it works.
When it comes to the vioces, select both "Callouts" and "Stewardess" and leave them both selected throughout the flight.

The second alternative could be for you to revert to the earlier version if you can make that work.

RandyCain
June 11th, 2017, 00:50
Hi Nick and thanks for the prompt reply.

Absolutely, I will remove the whole thing and start over. I would ask that instead of releasing a patch at a time, the team would repackage everything into a new release that simply contains everything so far, that just replaces all previous updates, patches, fixes, exterior model patches, etc.

From what I've seen here in the library, as well as over at Flightsim dot com, I'm not the only one that's a bit confused as to which updates are to be dropped in on top of the others, or replace the others, and in which order they should be installed. Some of the files in them were created on the same day, so the file creation date doesn't make it real clear either.

I'll give reinstallation a shot. Oh, I never had any problems with version 3.12. Everything worked just fine.

Thank you! :D

ncooper
June 11th, 2017, 01:07
Hello,

The only file you need is douglas_c-47_beta_v3.1405.zip at the Avsim Library.

mjahn
June 11th, 2017, 01:55
Strange ... an updated file containing the full package including the V 3.14 fixes, called V3.1406 (check version number in Shift-4 Monitor), should be available ... but for some reason I can't find it either here or at Flightsim? So, ftb, you may try downloading from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zj862ztqrar7tx5/Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1406.zip?dl=0

That said, Nancy does seem to be very elusive on my new P3D setup. We'll have to ask Daniel, perhaps he can tweak her back into action.

RandyCain
June 11th, 2017, 02:00
Thank you, Nick.

Yes, I did find what I did wrong. ..and yes, you got it.

I saw, "Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1405" and assumed it came AFTER instead of before "douglas_c-47_beta_v3_14_fixes". I'm just checking the 3.1405 base package now, and yes, all the checklist sounds are working now.

Sorry for the confusion.

One thing, the sounds for checking the control surfaces, on check list, are repeating... looping, until you return the control to center. This is true of each of the control surface tests. They didn't loop in version 3.12, they only played 1 time for each yoke and rudder position.

Thanks for everything! :D
Yours,
Randy

RandyCain
June 11th, 2017, 03:04
Thank you for that update, Manfred.

Could one of you please post a list of the packages in the order they are supposed to be installed?
Thank you again.

mjahn
June 11th, 2017, 03:15
That link is a single complete install, no additional package needed. Except maybe for the P3D parachutist effect tweak that was published here a while ago...

dbutterf
June 11th, 2017, 07:59
You are missing 'metal.dds' and 'markerlts.dds' from the latest C-47 package ( Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1405.zip ). Looks like you're missing the texture for the armrests as well ( vvc2bump.dds ). Don't forget to add the corresponding night textures as well ( ... _LM.dds or ... _L.dds ). There might be more textures missing.... You're using a VVC texture repaint set that fits the earlier VVC version, not the latest one...

cheers,
jan

Thanks for the info mate. Will redownload and try again.

Thanks

Dayle

rlaycock
June 11th, 2017, 11:36
Hi
Just wondering if anyone has got this to work with all the cockpit sounds in P3D v4?
Mine works and the engine has sound however there is no switch sounds etc.
Bob

TuFun
June 11th, 2017, 12:09
Hi
Just wondering if anyone has got this to work with all the cockpit sounds in P3D v4?
Mine works and the engine has sound however there is no switch sounds etc.
Bob

Doug Dawson's sound gauge needs to be updated to 64 bit, so until then no sounds.

triflyman
June 17th, 2017, 12:15
Just finished my first several night flights (great cockpit lighting) and would like to suggest a modification to the checklist as follows:

Before Taxi Checklist - Add Landing Lights AS NEEDED
After Landing Checklist - Change Landing Lights to AS NEEDED
Shut Down - Add Landing Lights OFF

The way there are they make you have no way to see when your taxing at night.

Thanks,

triflyman
June 30th, 2017, 11:36
Is there supposed to be passenger cabin lights that can be seen from external view at night (in the cabin windows)? If so I don't have them and if not would like to add that to request list.

Thanks,

ncooper
July 1st, 2017, 00:53
Hello,
Yes but it's not very easy to see.

https://s19.postimg.org/3kcftxcwj/2017-6-30_21-2-56-96.jpg

Gooneybird565
July 1st, 2017, 04:38
Strange ... an updated file containing the full package including the V 3.14 fixes, called V3.1406 (check version number in Shift-4 Monitor), should be available ... but for some reason I can't find it either here or at Flightsim? So, ftb, you may try downloading from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zj862ztqrar7tx5/Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1406.zip?dl=0

That said, Nancy does seem to be very elusive on my new P3D setup. We'll have to ask Daniel, perhaps he can tweak her back into action.

Manfred,
Just downloaded package from the dropbox link, and installed. Shift-4 Monitor however still reports VC 3.1405 at my side...
Blue skies

rampa
July 1st, 2017, 05:54
Doug Dawson's sound gauge needs to be updated to 64 bit, so until then no sounds.
Doug Dawson's sound gauge is ready and now our C-47 is flying in 64 bit. One possible issue: I can't change the fuel, pax and cargo payloads from the panel, but only through the p3d menu.

Obie311
July 1st, 2017, 06:46

cheers,
jan

Where do these updated textures exist? I just downloaded V3.1406 and looked in the "texture" file and I don't have these files. I also looked in 1405 and didn't see them.

Obie:redface-new:

ncooper
July 1st, 2017, 07:22
Doug Dawson's sound gauge is ready and now our C-47 is flying in 64 bit. One possible issue: I can't change the fuel, pax and cargo payloads from the panel, but only through the p3d menu.

Hello,
The aircraft model also uses a couple more of Doug's gauges which are not yet 64 bit.
If and when he updates them, that function will be restored.

flaviossa
July 1st, 2017, 08:21
Hello! I see this files in the panel folder:
Douglas_C47.dll
dsd_fsx_fuel_dump.dll

This two flies need to be converted to 64bits too, correct?

rampa
July 1st, 2017, 08:33
Thanks Ncooper, it seems flying very well, I'll just continue changing the payloads using the prd panel until the other dlls will be ready.

Flavio you have to change this "C47_dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau" with the Dawson's 64 bit file

mjahn
July 1st, 2017, 08:44
Manfred,
Just downloaded package from the dropbox link, and installed. Shift-4 Monitor however still reports VC 3.1405 at my side...Blue skies

Gooneybird, verify you have installed from file Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1406.zip, and to make double sure have a look at file panel\C47\Main.xml, where there should be a line defining the version number as

<Macro Name="VVC_version">3.1406</Macro>

If you have that line, Monitor should show that value (if you are flying a plane from that folder). Better also make sure you don't have different versions installed, as we have been using the same planes for all updates.

Best,
Manfred

flaviossa
July 1st, 2017, 08:52
Flavio you have to change this "C47_dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau" with the Dawson's 64 bit file
Thanks!! :encouragement:

Javis
July 1st, 2017, 10:01
Where do these updated textures exist? I just downloaded V3.1406 and looked in the "texture" file and I don't have these files. I also looked in 1405 and didn't see them.

Obie:redface-new:

You should find them inside 'Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1405.zip' (not in '.....V3.1406.zip' ). In addition, the exact names are: markerlts_L.dds, markerlts_L_O.dds, metal.dds, metal_LM.dds, vvc_2bump.dds, vvc_2bump_bump.dds, vvc_2bump_spec.dds.

Copy them from V3.1405.zip and paste (overwrite) them in the main texture folder of your C-47 v3.14 installation. ( only needed if you don't use the original VVC texture set that comes with 'Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1405.zip' )

cheers,
jan

stovall
July 1st, 2017, 10:45
Where does one find Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1406.zip? I have five but for the life of me, I can't find 1406.

triflyman
July 1st, 2017, 11:17
Hello,
Yes but it's not very easy to see.

https://s19.postimg.org/3kcftxcwj/2017-6-30_21-2-56-96.jpg

Yes...that I saw while on the ground, loading passenger,s with the passenger door open.
Specifically, though, I am referring to seeing passenger cabin lights through the passenger windows as you can see in the attached image of an AI aircraft in flight.

Thanks,

ncooper
July 1st, 2017, 12:47
No, it will not look like that, thank goodness.

You might like to try this

[lights]
//new MJ
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cabin
light.0 = 1, -57.65, 0.00, 13.6, fx_beacon , //un-comment for c47_2 model
light.1 = 10, -5.05, 0.00, 2.3, fx_vclight_c47v3 ,
light.2 = 10, -16.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
light.3 = 10, -18.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
light.4 = 10, -20.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
light.5 = 10, -22.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
light.6 = 10, -24.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
light.7 = 10, -26.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
light.8 = 10, -28.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
light.9 = 10, -30.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,

https://s19.postimg.org/ab3znvn2r/Untitled.jpg

https://s19.postimg.org/ufsyflrir/Untitled.jpg

Gooneybird565
July 1st, 2017, 13:26
Gooneybird, verify you have installed from file Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1406.zip, and to make double sure have a look at file panel\C47\Main.xml, where there should be a line defining the version number as

<Macro Name="VVC_version">3.1406</Macro>

If you have that line, Monitor should show that value (if you are flying a plane from that folder). Better also make sure you don't have different versions installed, as we have been using the same planes for all updates.

Best,
Manfred

Sorry, Manfred, I am completely ashamed, the mistake is mine!
I did create an other panel folder in the 3.1405 version, duplicating the original one, and adding one gauge for flight time measurement, and my aircraft points straight to this modified panel folder... but I just forgot to update the content of this other panel folder with your latest data!
It is now done, and the display is as you mention.
Sorry again
Philippe

Gooneybird565
July 1st, 2017, 14:08
Where does one find Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1406.zip? I have five but for the life of me, I can't find 1406.

Post #199 of this thread
Blue skies

stovall
July 1st, 2017, 16:35
Post #199 of this thread
Blue skies

Thanks a million. !!!!

triflyman
July 1st, 2017, 18:39
No, it will not look like that, thank goodness.

You might like to try this

[lights]
//new MJ
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cabin
light.2 = 10, -16.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
light.4 = 10, -20.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
light.6 = 10, -24.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
light.8 = 10, -28.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,

Nick,

That was perfect and they looked great...however...I lost my "Cockpit Lights" (that Orange Glow) with this change so had to revert back to my saved .cfg file. When I put in the above and turn on the Cockpit Lights, they flash quickly and go out.
Can you tell me how to fix as it really looks good with the lighted windows.

Thanks,

manfredc3
July 1st, 2017, 20:38
Boy, have I been slacking. Better get my installing version up to date.

And then find a way to convince my wife that I really need to upgrade from FSX to P3D v4

ncooper
July 2nd, 2017, 00:23
Nick,

That was perfect and they looked great...however...I lost my "Cockpit Lights"

Thanks,

I suspect that you do not have fx_vclight_c47v3.fx in your effects folder.
The VC light should be red.
In case you haven't, I have attached a copy.

spokes2112
July 2nd, 2017, 09:36
Nick,

That was perfect and they looked great...however...I lost my "Cockpit Lights" (that Orange Glow) with this change so had to revert back to my saved .cfg file. When I put in the above and turn on the Cockpit Lights, they flash quickly and go out.
Can you tell me how to fix as it really looks good with the lighted windows.

Thanks,

That's a sign of too many light effects too close to each other, all based on computer performance, so it won't affect everyone. Maybe split up the aft lights for less overhead.

[lights]
//new MJ
//light.2 = 10, -16.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
//light.4 = 10, -20.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
//light.6 = 10, -24.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
//light.8 = 10, -28.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,

ncooper
July 2nd, 2017, 09:55
Thanks.

I tried your advice and saw no difference but I am sure you are correct.
I didn't see much less light either, so your way is also a viable alternative.

triflyman
July 2nd, 2017, 10:32
That's a sign of too many light effects too close to each other, all based on computer performance, so it won't affect everyone. Maybe split up the aft lights for less overhead.

[lights]
//new MJ
//light.2 = 10, -16.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
//light.4 = 10, -20.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
//light.6 = 10, -24.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
//light.8 = 10, -28.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,

That fixed it...thank you, to both, very much. I know this is a minor thing...but does make flying more enjoyable.

Now, off to finish my 1941 American Airlines "The Mercury", flight 3, from New York to Los Angeles...overnight with sleeper births.

lawlegge
July 6th, 2017, 17:16

Where ? Where ? Where ?
do we get this updated gauge ?

Well, here's one source...
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/514111-doug-dawson-64-bit-sound-gauge-released/

mjahn
July 6th, 2017, 22:24
Nick put a link to it here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/106389-64-bit-sound-gauge-for-the-DDW-C-47?p=1089916&highlight=#post1089916

cavaricooper
July 7th, 2017, 12:29
Manfred-

If I could be curious, without being pushy, could I hesitantly ask if there has been any progress worth revealing, re. a new comprehensive installer for P3D v4?

As ever, obliged- Carl

ncooper
July 7th, 2017, 12:49
Hello,

The only modification needed to make the aircraft model virtually P3Dv4 compatible
is the sound gauge which is linked to in this topic.
It is also pinned at the top of the SOH P3D forum.

There are a couple of other 32 bit gauges that mainly allow you to vary the fuel load
in the Control pop up.
You can still do this using the built in P3D fuel and payload function.
They have not yet been upgraded to 64 bit but are not crucial to the operation of the aircraft.

I would have said that for all but the most pedantic, the aircraft is already compatible.

For these reasons, I do not forsee a full P3Dv4 ready version for a while but as the sound
gauge update is so small and easy to do, this should not stop anyone from enjoying the C 47
in P3Dv4 now.

ezunino
July 13th, 2017, 18:46
Belly beacon is missed in the model 1 (War model)? How to restore?
Thanks

mjahn
July 15th, 2017, 00:53
As FAIK the wartime planes didn't have a belly beacon. If you want one you can define it via the [lights] section in the aircraft.cfg.

ncooper
July 15th, 2017, 01:39
Hello,

This should do it.

Aircraft.cfg file, [lights] section, copy and paste all of this over all of the existing light.6 line.

light.6 = 1, -35.75, -1.75, -2.9, fx_beacon ,

FSX

https://s19.postimg.org/enbiqatg3/Untitled.jpg

P3Dv4

https://s19.postimg.org/5i35wfq1f/Untitled2.jpg

stansdds
July 15th, 2017, 03:36
As FAIK the wartime planes didn't have a belly beacon. If you want one you can define it via the [lights] section in the aircraft.cfg.

There were no anti-collision beacons of any sort installed on aircraft during WW II. George Whelen invented the rotating anti-collision aircraft beacon in 1952. Factory installation of beacons on commercial aircraft began in the mid-1950's. In the late 1950's and beyond, many aircraft not originally fitted with a beacon had a beacon added.

ezunino
July 15th, 2017, 06:30
Thanks a lot folks
Eduardo

llanning08
July 15th, 2017, 10:05
Manfred's C-47 Wartime exterior model has a VHF antenna just ahead of the astrodome. VHF Aviation
radio was not in use prior to 1960s on civilian aircraft and the military used and still uses UHF
and HF for commo. Military used GCA in lieu of ILS, and TACAN in lieu of VOR. The VHF Ominirange
system was developed in the late 50s and became widespread by the early 60s, as was VHF aviation
voice radio. A VHF antenna is as anachronistic on the wartime model as is a red rotating beacon.

One sees the VHF antennas on contemporary flying warbirds to permit use of civilian VHF radio COM
& NAV. The military uses UHF for most voice communications.

Perhaps the VHF antenna might be removed from the C47V3_1 wartime exterior model? It would be more
authentic in most cases. And perhaps it might be deleted from the C47V3_2 post-war as well?

And as noted, a VHF antenna would rarely be seen on a US Miliary C-47 in any era. Nor would it be
seen on a civil C-47 or DC-3 prior to the 1960s.

ncooper
July 15th, 2017, 12:03
Hello,

In the interests of debate only, I have read that the European Air Transport Service began in 1945.
I see that the short description in the aircraft.cfg file reads description=VVC Beta V3.14 Civilian version,
that presumably being a description of the VVC, rather than the aircraft.

I can find only one picture of an EATS aircraft and it does seem to have the antennae.

https://s19.postimg.org/ssqijlh8z/eats.jpg

Given the huge variety in the surviving aircraft, it would be difficult to add models with all the variations and
there do seem to be many with these antennae, though it would be difficult to date them.

Airports are modeled for the flight simulator as a "snapshot" of how they were when the developer looked at
or photographed them, perhaps it is the same with the EATS model of this aircraft.

Here are a few more, some seem to be DC3s, interesting images in any case.

https://s19.postimg.org/uykte3kpf/1.jpg

https://s19.postimg.org/607i3rudv/2.jpg

https://s19.postimg.org/ftopgkwib/3.jpg

ncooper
July 15th, 2017, 12:05
https://s19.postimg.org/jc0pcyxeb/4.jpg

https://s19.postimg.org/o0gp85mkz/5.jpg

https://s19.postimg.org/ls2iqtfgz/6.jpg

https://s19.postimg.org/4jvzlmrgz/7.jpg

Perhaps Manfred will make you a special model.

mjahn
July 16th, 2017, 02:17
Thanks Nick! I also got some wartime pics here, showing a variety of aerials including what looks like this special one, but aft of the astrodome. Removing it wouldn't be difficult, I'll think about it when I get back from hols.

stansdds
July 16th, 2017, 04:31
One of the problems with modeling a vintage aircraft, especially one like the DC-3/C-47, which has been flying from 1936 to today, is the vast array of options and modifications applied to the aircraft. As I see it, the C-47 Beta Version 3 is pretty correct for a C-47 being flown from the late 1960's to around 2000. The radios are too modern for a WW II aircraft, and the lack of a GPS in the virtual cockpit does not look right for an aircraft earning its keep today. But, even with that, it is the best C-47 for FSX and it is given to us as freeware!

llanning08
July 16th, 2017, 04:51
Absolutely agree Stansdds, Manfred's C-47 v3 is a real gem! My observation on the VHF antenna was just a bit of polish, not a criticism. I tend to enjoy flying using older navigation systems, ADF and radio range. These systems I learned when I began flying in the 1960s, and I am comfortable with them. I can use GPS, but still get the most fun out of exercising the old systems. Dead reckoning pilotage still keeps me amused. Flying the Omnirange is about as "modern" as I get!

While I would like a more "period correct" model, what we have now is just about as good as it gets! I don't have the ability to build these fine examples of technical art, I really enjoy flying them. To me, accurate systems performance is the goal.

tgycgijoes
July 22nd, 2017, 17:08
I like to apply HotKeySelect= to various camera views to be able to click from the keyboard right to a particular view and not have to use a hatswitch. I had no problem assigning them to the camera views in the aircraft.cfg and they work perfectly going right to the view. My problem is...as not with other aircraft...none of the switches in the camera view are clickable, only in the main VC which I have to hat switch navigate to. Any help, suggestions or a future fix to come? Hats off to you guys for this aircraft. I love the new night lighting and have had it since you first made a download available. I will continue. I just found the Hump mission in avsim I believe it was and will be flying it soon.

tgycgijoes
July 25th, 2017, 17:20
The altimeter has a barometric pressure window but no way to set it (I see) except the "B" key in FSX. Is that true? I would add a gauge for it myself but all the VC cockpit gauges are not visible in FS Panel Studio. I was able to make the popup windows larger for myself to see them better. Again thank you for the great aircraft.

Rob Ainscough
July 25th, 2017, 21:42
I thought I'd take Manfred's wonderful C-47 with Buffalo Paint out for a spin with PMDG's DC-6 with Buffalo Paint at CYZF as a tribute to the death of three of the Buffalo team since 2012. Unfortunately my attempts to get the prop animation working on the Host PC when in Multi Player mode have failed (this is in P3D V4).

Quick video demonstrating the problem (engines are running and props spinning on the client PC, but not on the Host PC):

https://youtu.be/Zpju5Gv-Vhs

Other aircraft prop animations are working, but sadly just not Manfred's C-47. Welcome and suggestions to correct the problem?

Cheers, Rob.

ncooper
July 25th, 2017, 21:55
Originally, one could only see the propellers spinning on another player's
C 47 if one was in a C 47 oneself.

Also, the propeller animation on the player's aircraft was only the same
as on the host's aircraft, so if one was parked with the engines off, any
other C 47s on the screen also had static propellers, whether their engines
were running or not.

This was corrected during beta testing for FSX and P3D.

Perhaps there is something in P3Dv4 multiplayer that has undone this.

The Real Air Duke B60 has the same problem still in FSX and P3D.

Rob Ainscough
July 25th, 2017, 22:42
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the response, this was a case of operator error (aka me). I had not applied the "Fix" to C-47 v3.14.

https://youtu.be/T7_wePVWLM8

All good and working exceptionally well now.

Cheers, Rob.

tgycgijoes
July 26th, 2017, 05:26
Does anyone on the development team know why all the buttons and switches work in regular VC but NOT in the camera views. It is more convenient to use HotKeySelect keys to go directly to areas of the cockpit. I can go there perfectly but none of the switches work in those views. Otherwise I think the new version and I have applied the fixes is fantastic. Especially the luminous gauges at night. WOW!!! Is it realistic. I have wanted to fly for the past couple of days but real life got in the way. I hope to fly in just an hour or so today. Looking forward to new tweaks and surprises. I have been watching the WWII training video I downloaded and then getting in the cockpit and it is like time travel. Thanks so much for ALL your hard work on this and sharing it. I have payware that is not nearly as good.:icon_question: