PDA

View Full Version : Quick query on FSXSE

Naismith
February 24th, 2017, 10:27
Having been forced to install FSXSE after a MB CPU RAM and W10 replacement (yaayyy same case & PSU) because my FSX Gold would not install whatsoever without reporting various and differing errors (researched fixes all failed)
I am wondering if the various fixes still apply to FSXSE which made FSGold run better.

Off the top of my head, are sthese still necessary

1. The VC Rain fix
2. replace/add the UIAutomation.dll
3. the above 4Gb fix patch

I am sure there will be others that come to mind

Thanks in advance.

PS of course now I have FSXSE it is pointless offering fixes for Gold as I know it cannot be installed subsequent to SE. :encouragement:

ryapad
February 24th, 2017, 10:47
I'm pretty sure you don't need a new UIAutomation.dll. I've never heard of the VC rain fix, but I think FSX Steam still uses only 4 GB of RAM. What is this Over 4 GB patch you speak of? Never heard of it either. The guys at Steam did fix a few of the problems with FSX like some of the CTD causes. I think it runs pretty well.

Hope this helps a little:jump:

PhantomTweak
February 24th, 2017, 11:16
As a general rule, if it applies to Gold, it applies to SE. The three you listed I have installed, along with a lot of Kosta's tweaks for the FSX.cfg. I also installed NVidea Inspector, and it seems to work very well with SE.
But this is just me. Others may have different set-ups.
Pat☺

Naismith
February 24th, 2017, 11:46
Thank-you both.

Ryapad FYI the 4Gb patch from here http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php is not purely for FSX but any .exe file which may benefit from 4Gb of virtual RAM over the normal 2. Whether it actually works or not I have no clue but it doesn't seem to cause any harm. :applause:

ncooper
February 24th, 2017, 12:11
Hello.

1. The VC Rain fix

If you plan on using Fs9 aircraft with the windscreen rain effect then yes, you need the same fix.

2. replace/add the UIAutomation.dll

No, Dovetail have included this fix and the UIAutomationCore.dll is already in the FSX folder.
You will also need FSUIPC, the free version is enough and to set FSX to run as an administrator.

3. the above 4Gb fix patch

It is the above 2 GB patch and increases the available VAS to 3GB, not 4 gb.
It applies only to 32 bit programs operating in a 32 bit operating system.
If you have a 32 bit OS, yes, it is an advantage.
If your system is now 64 bit, your 32 bit FSX-SE can already access 4 GB of VAS.

Naismith
February 24th, 2017, 23:34
Thank you muchly