PDA

View Full Version : Just Flight PA28R Arrow III released

papab
February 23rd, 2017, 02:33
You can get it here:
https://www.justflight.com/product/pa28r-arrow-iii

This product was developed by the Just Flight in-house team!
Rick

IanHenry
February 23rd, 2017, 02:36
I think your going to like this one, she's a beauty, the JustFlight products are getting better and better.

Ian

b52bob
February 23rd, 2017, 05:27
Not at $42. Prices are reaching the no buy zone.. I could never afford to buy this. I'm retired like a lot of people and on a limited income. I will stick with a budget of about $30 and maybe buy others on sale. Right now saving up for P3D V4.

Martyn
February 23rd, 2017, 05:47
Not at $42. Prices are reaching the no buy zone.. I could never afford to buy this. I'm retired like a lot of people and on a limited income. I will stick with a budget of about $30 and maybe buy others on sale. Right now saving up for P3D V4.

Hi Bob. We think it's a fair price for a fully-simulated/study sim aircraft and is comparable with similar products, however we appreciate that this is an expensive hobby and no doubt there'll be a promotional offer available at some point. We'll also be making a demo version available if anyone wants to try before they buy.

fsafranek
February 23rd, 2017, 07:05
Saw it in the email newsletter this morning. Looks quite well done and at a level of detail on par with other high level GA offerings out there from other companies.
Will have to try her out with the demo model for sure.

YoYo
February 23rd, 2017, 11:30
Looks like nice done!

dvj
February 23rd, 2017, 12:17
Great looking product. Wonderful video. The only thing missing was that Scott Gentile guy from A2A narrating the marketing pitch. ;-)

fsxar177
February 23rd, 2017, 13:10
Great looking product. Wonderful video. The only thing missing was that Scott Gentile guy from A2A narrating the marketing pitch. ;-)

You mean when he demonstrate how to lift an airplane with a floor jack and cinder-block?

No thanks...

This offering does look spectacular. Looks like it has some neat features. I have a bit of seat time in the fixed gear counterpart, so the Arrow is a must have for me!

- Joseph

ryanbatc
February 23rd, 2017, 13:38
It looks great... If I stay with P3D I may go for it! How's the flight modelling? I only have a teeny amount of time in the exact model.

Cees Donker
February 23rd, 2017, 22:04
How's this one on the framerates?

:wavey:

Cees

Martyn
February 23rd, 2017, 23:24
How's this one on the framerates?

:wavey:

Cees

We were very pleased with performance considering the level of detail, and found it comparable to other advanced GA aircraft.

We'll be releasing a demo shortly if you'd like to assess framerates before purchasing.

teeboy
February 24th, 2017, 03:28
Maybe I am just being dumb and missed something - got a green header bar saying something about GPS and 'changing HSI source' with the default Garmin 100. FPS is stuttering too. If I select the GTN750 (which I do have) the bar goes and all settles down. Anyone else?

Otherwise, I like it.

This with Win7, P3D v3.4.

Nick

verbli
February 24th, 2017, 04:14
Maybe I am just being dumb and missed something - got a green header bar saying something about GPS and 'changing HSI source' with the default Garmin 100. FPS is stuttering too. If I select the GTN750 (which I do have) the bar goes and all settles down. Anyone else?

I have that too. I uninstalled the GTN's to get it working. On the JustFlight forum's they suggest you upgrade to the latest GTN (1.20 i think). If that is the version you are using, I suggest you contact JustFlight. They are very helpful.

Martyn
February 24th, 2017, 04:32
If upgrading to the latest version of the Flight 1 GTN software does fix the issue then please let me know and I should be able to make some changes to make it backwards compatible with older versions of the GTN.

teeboy
February 24th, 2017, 04:51
Apparently I have the latest GTN version (1.11), and seems okay with it selected. Its the default Garmin (which I actually want to use) that seems to cause the problems...

And I've just found out that the TB10/20 now has the same message appearing, although that does clear after a few seconds (also does after selecting a different GPS). Never noticed that before. Maybe a conflict with having both on the same sim?

Is this a good time to ask for the Flight1 GNS as an option? :mixed-smiley-010:

Using P3D 3.4.18.19475 in case that makes a difference.

teeboy
February 24th, 2017, 05:20
Martyn,

Further to the above, with the GTN750 selected I am unable to enter comms frequencies in it. Stuck on 108.00! Will raise a support ticket with you, but it seems my setup has some big issues..

Hope its just teething probs (I work with some companies putting big software changes in - these things always happen, and the more complicated the starting point, the bigger the grief!).

Martyn
February 24th, 2017, 06:52
I think the latest Flight1 GTN version is now v1.20.

We should have the Flight1 GNS integrated by later next week :encouragement:

Mejborn
February 24th, 2017, 22:46
We were very pleased with performance considering the level of detail, and found it comparable to other advanced GA aircraft.

We'll be releasing a demo shortly if you'd like to assess framerates before purchasing.

I dont believe this with the demo untill I see it. Its a long time since you promissed a demo for the HS748 propliner and an even longer time since you promised one for the BAE 1-11.
All this promissing and not doing ends up like the the story about the wolf.
That said, the Arrow looks very neat indeed and i will try the demo when you have made the other demos. :teapot:

Martyn
February 25th, 2017, 00:01
I dont believe this with the demo untill I see it. Its a long time since you promissed a demo for the HS748 propliner and an even longer time since you promised one for the BAE 1-11.
All this promissing and not doing ends up like the the story about the wolf.
That said, the Arrow looks very neat indeed and i will try the demo when you have made the other demos. :teapot:

We are both a developer and a publisher. The products you mention are not developed by Just Flight and therefore our level of control over what can be done is very different than for internally developed products like the Arrow. That said, I'm not sure where demos for those products were promised but I'll see what can be done. In the mean time, I can promise you that an Arrow demo will be available very soon.

teeboy
February 25th, 2017, 05:21
If upgrading to the latest version of the Flight 1 GTN software does fix the issue then please let me know and I should be able to make some changes to make it backwards compatible with older versions of the GTN.

Martyn, I uninstalled my GTN and Garmin trainer applications - the default Arrow avionics then were fine and no green warning bar about HSI source. Had a very enjoyable mooch around in it yesterday evening. Found a post on the Flight1 support forum stating that both the GTN application and the Garmin Trainer have to be re-installed to get v1.20 (despite the auto updater telling me I had the latest version 1.11!). I have just installed both new items and your Arrow is now mighty fine (but I have not used the GTN750 option yet).

I have to say this is one damn good product. I run P3D on an i5 760 overclocked to 4Ghz with a GTX960 2Gb card (so, pretty old) and I'm getting my locked 30fps just about everywhere, with a slow drop to a stable 20fps when in airport scenes (Orbx FTXAU). Big thumbs up here.

Nick

Martyn
February 25th, 2017, 07:40
Excellent, glad it's sorted and that you're enjoying it!

Dimus
February 25th, 2017, 13:45
This is one the best GA planes I have in FS. I think you guys did better than the Trinidad on this one. The handling feels quite Piper-ish, with the characteristic drop-like-a-stone attitude when throttle is closed.

I seem to be getting a smoke effect issue, similar to the one reported on the Tiffie. Any suggestion?

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/VDimus140/Arrow_zpslryzq9vt.jpg~original (http://s264.photobucket.com/user/VDimus/media/VDimus140/Arrow_zpslryzq9vt.jpg.html)

Martyn
February 26th, 2017, 09:29
I'll have a look, but this shouldn't be using any smoke effects to cause that issue.

Martyn
February 26th, 2017, 23:44
A quick start guide video is now available:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFNINlRbTcY

Dimus
February 27th, 2017, 08:28
I'll have a look, but this shouldn't be using any smoke effects to cause that issue.

Any news? It is P3D btw. It seems the transparency issue is less severe than what was reported in the Tiffie but it is certainly there.

paulb
February 27th, 2017, 09:24
I have been trying it out in FSX. Nice model etc, but I think that the flight dynamics need improving. Jittery in the air, tendency to bank to the left and so on. Hopefully there will be an update soon.

delta558
February 27th, 2017, 11:37
I have been trying it out in FSX. Nice model etc, but I think that the flight dynamics need improving. Jittery in the air, tendency to bank to the left and so on. Hopefully there will be an update soon.

Already being worked on, a few pitch issues and made the trim a bit more gentle. The banking should have been resolved, but because it only feeds from one tank at a time there tends to be a bit of imbalance. I've moved the tanks inwards a bit from their actual position to minimise this effect. Not sure what you mean by 'Jittery in the air' though, Paul - nobody else has mentioned anything at all like that through testing or since release, would you care to elaborate?.

Cheers,
Paul.

paulb
February 27th, 2017, 13:28
Already being worked on, a few pitch issues and made the trim a bit more gentle. The banking should have been resolved, but because it only feeds from one tank at a time there tends to be a bit of imbalance. I've moved the tanks inwards a bit from their actual position to minimise this effect. Not sure what you mean by 'Jittery in the air' though, Paul - nobody else has mentioned anything at all like that through testing or since release, would you care to elaborate?.

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi Paul

Thank you for the positive feedback. Much appreciated. Background then - My controls are calibrated and I usually fly similar aircraft from RealAir, Flight 1, Aerosoft and A2A. I don't have any problems with their flight models. On my first flight in the Arrow, I felt that the aircraft was taking too long on takeoff and then tended to lurch into the air as I applied pressure. Once in the air, the tendency to bank to the left was fairly pronounced and the aircraft was very sensitive to even a small joystick movement (jittery). In fairness to you, I admit that I only flew it for one day.
I am sure that you will have done much research and testing. However, I am not flying the aircraft now because of these issues.
Having worked on FS aircraft in the past, I know (as I am sure that you do) that accuracy is not always well reflected within the parameters of FSX. Hence one often has to play around with things until the aircraft feels more comfortable in flight.
Hope that this helps a bit.

Cheers
Paul

olderndirt
February 27th, 2017, 16:57
I'll second his 'lurch in the air'. As it accelerates, it gives little or no indication of wanting to fly. When you roll in some more trim it'll suddenly pitch off into a nose-high, imminent stall attitude. Already have a support ticket going and am currently very skeptical about this bird.

Martyn
February 27th, 2017, 23:57
Any news? It is P3D btw. It seems the transparency issue is less severe than what was reported in the Tiffie but it is certainly there.

I'm using P3Dv3 but don't see the issue. I've double checked and the aircraft is using no custom effects, just the usual default FS/P3D effects:

[EFFECTS]
wake=fx_wake
water=fx_spray
dirt=fx_tchdrt
concrete=fx_sparks
touchdown=fx_tchdwn_s, 1

It'd be worth checking that the default dirt effect (fx_tchdrt) is definitely present in the P3D effects folder.

am currently very skeptical about this bird.

Skeptical because of the pitch issue? An improved FDE, along with other updates and improvements (including Flight1 GNS integration) will be available very soon.

Dimus
February 28th, 2017, 01:05
It is actually a smoke effect. The engine seems to be emitting smoke even during flight, which is strange.

teeboy
February 28th, 2017, 02:08
I can't see that anything like the smoke effect Dimus is seeing. Maybe system specific or my failing eyesight.. I only see smoke on startup, but I haven't looked from outside during a start yet.

Getting the quite vicious pitch up and roll as the wheels come off the ground here too, even if gentle on the controls. And it definitely needs positive column to unstick, which makes it interesting!

My biggest issue though is mixture - cannot seem to lean it to achieve the cruise table figures. The needle just will not drop below about 14 gph unless I pull the mixture right back nearly to cutoff! Probably should add I am only using it in P3D v3.

Hope the update is a good one, as otherwise this is spoiling a very nice looking addition to my hangar (I even prefer this to the A2A Cherokee atm...).

Martyn
February 28th, 2017, 03:37
Here is the current list of what will be included in the upcoming service pack:

Improvements to FDE
Flight1 GNS integration added
Interactive engine start checklist added
FSUIPC auto-saves trigger panel state save - fixed
Option to disable 2D panel selector arrow added to PA-28 menu
“GPS changed. Updating HSI source…” message keeps appearing – fixed
Battery voltage low/oil quantity low message will now appear onscreen to warn of potential failures
Changes to engine start logic
Changes to fuel selector logic
Flaps not moving with electrical power off – fixed
Battery discharge and oil usage now occur only when engine management is enabled

None of the issues that have been reported will be ignored but other fixes/changes might take a bit more time.

Thanks
Martyn

fsxar177
February 28th, 2017, 09:24
Really great to see you guys connecting with the us consumers. I agree, great list of fixes and updates.

Will anxiously await!

Overall it is a fantastic product and a step forward for the Just Flight team.

- Joseph

Dimus
February 28th, 2017, 12:20
OK I have to take back the smoke issue. It seems it shows with other planes too, not just the Piper. It is however a hit and miss situation and I can not find the cause. It is a smoke effect that seems to be attached to either the nosewheel or the tailwheel of planes. I''ll keep checking, this is a hard one.

Cees Donker
February 28th, 2017, 12:48
Really great to see you guys connecting with the us consumers. I agree, great list of fixes and updates.

Will anxiously await!

Overall it is a fantastic product and a step forward for the Just Flight team.

- Joseph

A step forward indeed! Very ambitious this one! Great stuff!

Cees

teeboy
March 1st, 2017, 09:09
Just to add further to my leaning issue - the fuel flow looks to be twice that predicted from the performance charts. If I halve the figure, all looks good.

delta558
March 1st, 2017, 09:33
Just to add further to my leaning issue - the fuel flow looks to be twice that predicted from the performance charts. If I halve the figure, all looks good.

Already sorted and ready to go in the upcoming SP!

Martyn
March 3rd, 2017, 05:38
Service pack 1 is now available: https://www.justflight.com/support/pa28-arrow-iii/30fa7cc (http://www.justflight.com/support/pa28-arrow-iii/30fa7cc)

Please make sure to read the notes on the support page, particularly if you are using the Flight1 GTN or GNS.

Flight1 GNS integration added
Interactive engine start checklist added
FSUIPC auto-saves trigger panel state save - fixed
Option to disable 2D panel selector arrow added to PA-28 menu
“GPS changed. Updating HSI source…” message keeps appearing – fixed
Battery voltage low/oil quantity low message will now appear onscreen to warn of potential failures
Changes to engine start logic
Changes to fuel selector logic
Flaps not moving with electrical power off – fixed
Battery discharge and oil usage now occur only when engine management is enabled
Door now only closes fully when both latches are closed
Slight delay in electrical power availability after battery/alternator switched on, for added realism

Cees Donker
March 3rd, 2017, 08:44
Flew from Compton-Abbas to Caen today! Nice plane! Tomorrow I'll be heading for Belgium.

:applause:

Cees

fsxar177
March 4th, 2017, 08:20
Took the Arrow around the patch this morning, with the update SP1 installed. I pleasantly report that any issues I had experienced before are now resolved, including some items that weren't aforementioned.

With the corrections, it really is a gem now. I'll offer some review from where I sit.

Visually this airplane is breathtaking. The modelling and textures are quite convincing. It does not disappoint, and is probably the Justflight teams best effort to date. The paintkit is friendly, and while I haven't really any need to explore a repaint at the moment, it looks like it would do sufficiently. There's lots of wear and tear, the airplane looks so dog-gone realistic. Fabulous.

Audio is crisp, and very clear. There were a few items that I didn't like in the initial release, but these have been corrected. The propeller really bites through the air, and there's a good presence of 3d sound cone. +1

Flight Dynamics are really where this airplane shines. I do have just a handful of PA-28 hours in a fixed gear, and I found the Arrow from Justflight more than justified in it's representation. There's a good heavy feeling, and the airplane is most certainly not on rails. It feels good. Really good. I was a bit worried at first, as the elevator trim had some problems. These were handsomely corrected with the SP1 so no worries now. I managed some cross country and VOR-VOR flights, and I really feel like the flight envelope is accurately represented. It's good to see a developer put some real effort into propeller physics, engine management, and overall sense of immersion. Way to go!

Depth, Justflight has opened up some new features. I'm really not super keen on the interface, at least not yet. However having the panel state saved for the next load is genius. I also feel like there's room to expand. My only criticism is that it's a little clunky navigating through these features. However mostly a matter of preference, I presume. It's not just a jump in and fly airplane, which is great. It's also not so overwhelmed with damage mods to the point that it's burdensome. So there's a balance. I feel like they achieved the balance, but in my taste it's just a little awkward.

I think this product really deserves to be noticed. It's a 5-star level of quality for today's market, for sure. The price seems heavy at first, but after purchase, I can understand why. It's a fantastic contribution to my hangar. I look forward to more cross country and maybe some night flying.

I hope some others who may have been on the fence will treat themselves this weekend. It's be glad you did.

Now back to my project...
- Joseph

IanHenry
March 4th, 2017, 09:05
Took the Arrow around the patch this morning, with the update SP1 installed. I pleasantly report that any issues I had experienced before are now resolved, including some items that weren't aforementioned.

With the corrections, it really is a gem now. I'll offer some review from where I sit.

Visually this airplane is breathtaking. The modelling and textures are quite convincing. It does not disappoint, and is probably the Justflight teams best effort to date. The paintkit is friendly, and while I haven't really any need to explore a repaint at the moment, it looks like it would do sufficiently. There's lots of wear and tear, the airplane looks so dog-gone realistic. Fabulous.

Audio is crisp, and very clear. There were a few items that I didn't like in the initial release, but these have been corrected. The propeller really bites through the air, and there's a good presence of 3d sound cone. +1

Flight Dynamics are really where this airplane shines. I do have just a handful of PA-28 hours in a fixed gear, and I found the Arrow from Justflight more than justified in it's representation. There's a good heavy feeling, and the airplane is most certainly not on rails. It feels good. Really good. I was a bit worried at first, as the elevator trim had some problems. These were handsomely corrected with the SP1 so no worries now. I managed some cross country and VOR-VOR flights, and I really feel like the flight envelope is accurately represented. It's good to see a developer put some real effort into propeller physics, engine management, and overall sense of immersion. Way to go!

Depth, Justflight has opened up some new features. I'm really not super keen on the interface, at least not yet. However having the panel state saved for the next load is genius. I also feel like there's room to expand. My only criticism is that it's a little clunky navigating through these features. However mostly a matter of preference, I presume. It's not just a jump in and fly airplane, which is great. It's also not so overwhelmed with damage mods to the point that it's burdensome. So there's a balance. I feel like they achieved the balance, but in my taste it's just a little awkward.

I think this product really deserves to be noticed. It's a 5-star level of quality for today's market, for sure. The price seems heavy at first, but after purchase, I can understand why. It's a fantastic contribution to my hangar. I look forward to more cross country and maybe some night flying.

I hope some others who may have been on the fence will treat themselves this weekend. It's be glad you did.

Now back to my project...
- Joseph

Great review Joseph, but there's just one thing that I think you've missed out, it's that the aircraft just "feels" right!

Ian

teeboy
March 4th, 2017, 12:48
Have got to agree with Joseph and Ian - very nice after the SP. Not sure about the 'expensive' reference, as I think for what you get its remarkable compared to say, A2A (but those are 'premium' simulation products and I think you get your money's worth there too). The integration options for avionics are almost worth the asking price alone. And if you still think its too much - compare to Carenado/Alabeo...

Bloody good job JustFlight. How about a twin next time?

Nick

doublecool
March 4th, 2017, 15:16
Lovely Plane she is
However with the SP1 as I pull back on thoddle to a MP of 22 the RPM drops with the lowering of the MP to below 2400 without touching RPM lever...
Thats not right is it?

delta558
March 4th, 2017, 15:22
Lovely Plane she is
However with the SP1 as I pull back on thoddle to a MP of 22 the RPM drops with the lowering of the MP to below 2400 without touching RPM lever...
Thats not right is it?

I don't recall making any changes to the engine that would affect that but I will go back and double-check.

doublecool
March 5th, 2017, 05:22
I don't recall making any changes to the engine that would affect that but I will go back and double-check.

Any word? As this is effecting air speeds?

delta558
March 5th, 2017, 06:20
Not in the 14 hours between your posts - I'm working night shifts in the real world (through the weekend as well :miserable:) so haven't been able to get to the files for long enough to look into this yet. It will get sorted and hopefully very soon.

Martyn
March 6th, 2017, 02:57
Following several requests, I can announce that we are developing another variant of the PA28 Arrow - the PA-28RT-201T Turbo Arrow IV. More details will follow shortly :encouragement:

Dimus
March 6th, 2017, 05:55
That would be great Martyn! That is the T-tail right? What about the low tail version?

Meanwhile I'm working on this repaint, Cretan Eagle flight school:

http://www.aerodata.gr/gallery/aircrafts/SX-ACN/1240u.jpg

Paul Anderson
March 6th, 2017, 07:12
It is actually a smoke effect. The engine seems to be emitting smoke even during flight, which is strange.

I used to get something similar, not always happened, found an explanation at OZX.
http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1572-remove-engine-snow-wash-effect-20-ft-below-plane/

Note: I had to do a full FSX reinstall around Christmas and problem
has not shown up, if it does I'll disable the effect by renaming again.
Hope this helps.

Dimus
March 7th, 2017, 13:25
Paul, thanks for the link. For some unknown reason the problem has disappeared!

I have just uploaded this repaint to the library, and soon at Avsim. A clean, shiny plane with a nice tail art, great for touring the Greek islands. The hieroglyphs are the Phestos disc, a bronze age clay scripture, not deciphered yet since its discovery in Crete in 1908. It is operated by the "Cretan Eagle" flight school in Iraklio, Crete.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/VDimus141/2017-3-7_23-36-0-58_zpsoe1zra4e.jpg~original (http://s264.photobucket.com/user/VDimus/media/VDimus141/2017-3-7_23-36-0-58_zpsoe1zra4e.jpg.html)

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/VDimus141/2017-3-7_23-36-19-469_zpsm0vuh1td.jpg~original (http://s264.photobucket.com/user/VDimus/media/VDimus141/2017-3-7_23-36-19-469_zpsm0vuh1td.jpg.html)

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/VDimus141/2017-3-7_23-44-26-755_zpsoxdq8giu.jpg~original (http://s264.photobucket.com/user/VDimus/media/VDimus141/2017-3-7_23-44-26-755_zpsoxdq8giu.jpg.html)

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/VDimus141/2017-3-7_23-51-13-26_zpsqzdqr2oc.jpg~original (http://s264.photobucket.com/user/VDimus/media/VDimus141/2017-3-7_23-51-13-26_zpsqzdqr2oc.jpg.html)

Dimus
March 7th, 2017, 13:35
Zoom on the tail:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/VDimus142/2017-3-8_0-33-21-306_zpst7syd0i0.jpg~original (http://s264.photobucket.com/user/VDimus/media/VDimus142/2017-3-8_0-33-21-306_zpst7syd0i0.jpg.html)

doublecool
March 7th, 2017, 16:34
Not in the 14 hours between your posts - I'm working night shifts in the real world (through the weekend as well :miserable:) so haven't been able to get to the files for long enough to look into this yet. It will get sorted and hopefully very soon.

delta, Most here including myself would take your response as somewhat sarcastic...when really not needed.
First, it was Saturday (my day off) and the question was not toward you, but to the community and seeing if anyone else had the same issue with the rpm's before making a ticket at justflight, but you chimed in, and per your first post it seemed like you were part of the team that released the aircraft and you were on line and you were just gonna go checking into it. I thought Cool.

but you didn't, you chose a different path. Please, the next time you feel like typing clever remarks to make yourself feel better and attempting to make others feel bad, Please, don't. Alot of people work hard, nights, days, and both, including myself... We work hard so we can take care of our families and enjoy a hobby when we finally do have a day off.

I spent my money with justflight on a product I am overall happy with and was polite in asking my question to the OH community. I am not thin skined I just don't deserve to be on the end your sarcastic typing wit, because honestly, it not worth the price of your plane.

OK then, were you able to find the problem with the rpm's.

olderndirt
March 7th, 2017, 17:10
delta, Most here including myself would take your response as somewhat sarcastic...when really not needed.
First, it was Saturday (my day off) and the question was not toward you, but to the community and seeing if anyone else had the same issue with the rpm's before making a ticket at justflight, but you chimed in, and per your first post it seemed like you were part of the team that released the aircraft and you were on line and you were just gonna go checking into it. I thought Cool.

but you didn't, you chose a different path. Please, the next time you feel like typing clever remarks to make yourself feel better and attempting to make others feel bad, Please, don't. Alot of people work hard, nights, days, and both, including myself... We work hard so we can take care of our families and enjoy a hobby when we finally do have a day off.

I spent my money with justflight on a product I am overall happy with and was polite in asking my question to the OH community. I am not thin skined I just don't deserve to be on the end your sarcastic typing wit, because honestly, it not worth the price of your plane.

OK then, were you able to find the problem with the rpm's.

Like what you said. It's so easy to be a smart ass - been one for too long myself. In the rush to get the product to market, beta testing doesn't seem overly effective, was it ever, but we all have to show some restraint - pithy remarks are a dime a dozen and we each have a library of them.

delta558
March 7th, 2017, 17:38
Absolutely not intended to be sarcastic, but again the written word often fails to pass across its exact meaning. You asked me a question, doublecool, quoting me and asking if there was any word yet. I was simply stating fact that I was in work for most of that time and therefore had not had any chance to get to the files. I wrote it when I was half asleep after a long shift (again, nothing to take from that about anybody else's work, just again statement of fact about my circumstances at the time).

My initial comment to your first post was also necessarily short and to the point as you posted not long before I left the house, it was an acknowledgement that the engine shouldn't be behaving like that and that your point was correct. Yes, as you point out I am part of the team that worked on this but I do it in my spare time. I did not intend for you to take from that that i would be working on it immediately, just that your point had been noted and would be checked. Sometimes I have the time to get stuck in on the forums and try to help out, other times my job leaves me exhausted and this has just been one of those weeks.

Anyway, the problem has been found, fixed (along with along few other minor tweaks) and hopefully should see the light of day fairly soon.
Paul.

doublecool
March 8th, 2017, 02:09
delta,

Good news about the fix

Thanks

Martyn
March 9th, 2017, 02:39
We're currently looking for people with experience on the PA-28R Arrow III Turbo or Arrow IV Turbo. Please PM me if you've got that experience and would like to help us.

Thanks
Martyn

musterpilot
March 9th, 2017, 03:39
It would be great to see the turbo version on the arrow IIIhttp://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=48095&stc=1

musterpilot
March 9th, 2017, 03:55
turbo and non turbo MP gaugeshttp://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=48099&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=48100&stc=1
non turbo turbo Piper arrow III

Dimus
March 9th, 2017, 04:07
We're currently looking for people with experience on the PA-28R Arrow III Turbo or Arrow IV Turbo. Please PM me if you've got that experience and would like to help us.

Thanks
Martyn

I wish!
Seriously though, I don't, and I don't know anyone who does. I do hope you find someone. If the quality is as good as this one you'll have another winner.

AussieMan
March 11th, 2017, 01:09
Found part of my problem with the GTN750 but now trying to get it to work here. Found my version of the P3D GTN750 was an old version. I downloaded the new version and it works with the A2A aircraft but not with the Arrow yet.

teeboy
March 11th, 2017, 06:08
Found part of my problem with the GTN750 but now trying to get it to work here. Found my version of the P3D GTN750 was an old version. I downloaded the new version and it works with the A2A aircraft but not with the Arrow yet.

Had the same problem initially. You need the latest GTN download from Flight1 (not using the F1 update tool - mine said v1.11 was current, when v2 was really the latest) AND the latest GTN Lite trainer from Garmin - the older trainer will not be enough! Once they are both installed, the GTN works fine in the Arrow (even if I prefer the GNS in the panel :mixed-smiley-010: ).

Hope this helps,
Nick

AussieMan
March 12th, 2017, 01:25
I have got the GTN working but now I have lost all electrical power. Oh well, head down a**e up and find out the cause on the Arrow as I have poser to all other aircraft. It is not a big deal at the moment as I have some other things to keep me interested.

AussieMan
March 15th, 2017, 03:15
I found the major cause of my problem regarding the GTN750 GPS and lack of electrical power. I suffer a bit of OCD when it comes to arranging my aircraft in the P3D selection window. I like to group my aircraft so they are easier to find. Ii like to have them for example: A2A C-182, A2A Cherokee, JF Douglas DC-6 etc. To do this I either need to alter the "ui_createdby=" or create a new one if it doesn't exist.

In the JF Arrow In the line "ui_createdby=Just Flight" I tried to change it to "ui_createdby=Just Flight Piper PA28R Arrow III". Just by adding the bit "Piper PA28R Arrow III" Somehow killed the electrical system and the GTN750 GPS. Leave the cfg untouched and everything works fine.

Bushpounder
March 15th, 2017, 13:57

Thanks
Martyn

I have Turbo Arrow III experience, but it has been 39 years ago! Don't remember any details. It was a nice airplane - Brand new at the time. Looking forward to your new Piper line. :)

Don

AussieMan
March 15th, 2017, 15:54
Same here Don. I flew the Arrow several times but the last time I flew one was in 1980. With my fading memory over the years not even sure if it was a turbo model. Probably changed a lot since then. Not sure if I can be of any help Martyn.

YoYo
March 16th, 2017, 10:50
It would be great to see the turbo version on the arrow III

SO..... check THIS :adoration: :

https://www.justflight.com/product/pa28r-turbo-arrow-iii-iv .

https://dxhb0it26is40.cloudfront.net/productimages/pa28r-turbo-arrow-iii-iv_4_ss_m_170314101647.jpg

Martyn
March 22nd, 2017, 08:52
SP2 is now available - https://www.justflight.com/support/pa28-arrow-iii/30fa7cc

Cees Donker
March 22nd, 2017, 12:25
Yes, but now my f1 gtn650 and 750 are gone! These are no longer in the menu!

Cees

delta558
March 22nd, 2017, 12:33
Yes, but now my f1 gtn650 and 750 are gone! These are no longer in the menu!

Cees

Have you tried the model switcher on your desktop?

Cees Donker
March 22nd, 2017, 12:48
Have you tried the model switcher on your desktop?

Oh dear, I must be getting old! Forgot all about that one! Ooops!:concern:

Sorry!

Cees

Dimus
March 22nd, 2017, 13:52
Whatever you've done on the FDE seems to have made it better. It feels even better on approach and flare now. Excellent work!

doublecool
March 22nd, 2017, 15:59
This will be one of my "best purchases" for 2017 :applause::applause::applause: and I Thank everyone who was involved in making her so. Well done.

and to Delta, Thanks agian for your help, I was able to enjoy this fine plane while waiting for the lastest update. :ernaehrung004:

Martyn
April 5th, 2017, 00:23
Hi all,

Here are a few screenshots showing the exterior models of the upcoming Turbo Arrow III/IV (VC screenshots to follow soon).

Work is progressing well on the cockpit and flight dynamics. The product will feature two colour schemes for the cockpit, one for each variant, including new upholstery and less wear and tear than the already released normally-aspirated Arrow III.

https://s8.postimg.org/uuzekhn0l/Arrow_III_ext_1.jpg

https://s8.postimg.org/th7rp6nr9/Arrow_III_ext_3.jpg

https://s8.postimg.org/8ycvk49tx/Arrow_IV_ext_1.jpg

https://s8.postimg.org/b476emdad/Arrow_IV_ext_4.jpg

Thanks
Martyn

Dimus
April 5th, 2017, 01:23
Wow! Both T and low tail! Excellent! Already have repaint candidates for those.

Martyn
April 5th, 2017, 03:30
Wow! Both T and low tail!

And we might have another member of the PA28 family coming along at a later date :encouragement:

Bushpounder
April 5th, 2017, 06:44
I am interested in the Turbo Arrow III regular tail. The T tail was not a fun plane to fly. The T tail was a short-lived model. How about doing a Cherokee 6 - 300? ;) Those were / are VERY nice planes. I LOVE anything Piper. I worked for a Piper dealer, so I have a slight bias. :)

Don

Fireball6
April 6th, 2017, 09:13
I like the Arrow a lot - great to see her Sisters coming along .... Start working on a few Repaints (Reworks). Nothing special, only a few fictional european Rego's.

Greetings :wavey: Dirk

Martyn
April 20th, 2017, 00:15
Service pack 2.1 is now available: http://www.justflight.com/support/pa28-arrow-iii/30fa7cc

Changes:

Numerous improvements to FDE
RPM sound issue fixed
Improved compatibility with hardware (e.g. Saitek controls)
Oil pressure now drops when prop lever is used (a result of increased demand on oil system)
Increased RPM drop when carrying out magneto checks

Martyn
April 24th, 2017, 02:54
Hi all,

Work is progressing well on the Turbo Arrow III/IV. Hopefully some of you will be pleased to see the less worn panels/interior, and the new colour schemes offer something a bit different to the existing Arrow III.

https://s15.postimg.org/ms8mil33f/Turbo_Arrow_III_HBPMB.jpg

https://s15.postimg.org/g4c0vzjl7/Turbo_Arrow_III_interior_2.jpg

https://s15.postimg.org/5is5jzd9n/Turbo_Arrow_IV_DEAIV.jpg

https://s15.postimg.org/450iooe0b/Turbo_Arrow_IV_interior_1.jpg

Thanks
Martyn

Bushpounder
April 24th, 2017, 05:50
Looking nice! Yes, unless the plane was used in a flight school, the interiors are usually pretty nice. Soon? ;)

Don

teeboy
April 24th, 2017, 10:13
Sold. Gimme!!! :applause:

Martyn
April 25th, 2017, 00:24
Soon?

Yes, hopefully within the next few weeks :encouragement:

Thanks
Martyn

kiki
April 25th, 2017, 00:50
I like the Arrow a lot - great to see her Sisters coming along .... Start working on a few Repaints (Reworks). Nothing special, only a few fictional european Rego's.

Greetings :wavey: Dirk

They are nice, but you might want to change the flag of the OH-PHF.

Fireball6
April 25th, 2017, 01:27
Yes, you are right - i will do that :mixed-smiley-010:

Kind regards

Dirk

olderndirt
April 25th, 2017, 14:34
Hey Martin - loaded up the latest but there's still this thing about not wanting to start so uninstalled and back to the previous SP. Still fine and dandy. Your forum site doesn't know anything about me - gave email for password reset and it said no such thing here.

AussieMan
April 25th, 2017, 15:35
Hey Martin - loaded up the latest but there's still this thing about not wanting to start so uninstalled and back to the previous SP.

Have you checked that you have fuel in your tanks. Yes I know it may sound stupid but it has happened to me. Also make sure you have selected both tanks. I have no problem starting the new SP.

olderndirt
April 25th, 2017, 16:30
Yeah, my fluids are good. Martyn and I danced an 'eightsome reel' over the release and after an exchange of files got it to run continuously. This latest SP is giving me the original fits so I just switched back to the one that works - and it does.

AussieMan
April 25th, 2017, 23:28
This latest SP is giving me the original fits so I just switched back to the one that works - and it does.

When you uninstall using the ControlPanel you need to check the Airplanes folder to make sure everything has been removed. Unfortunately I found there was a folder for the Arrow still there. That folder contained the Panel folder with a PanelSave folder inside that. I deleted the folder relating to the Arrow and did a reinstall and everything worked fine. For some that PanelSave folder was stopping the battery from turning on.

Bushpounder
April 26th, 2017, 03:33
Have you checked that you have fuel in your tanks. Yes I know it may sound stupid but it has happened to me. Also make sure you have selected both tanks. I have no problem starting the new SP.

LOL! Pat - you'll never forget that tip! :) I don't remember the Arrow having a BOTH on the tanks. Pipers usually have one tank at a time, not both. That's Cessna. See picture of Turbo Arrow (picture too big to add in) Here is the url - look at bottom left of picture: http://www.wartungsbetrieb-krems.com/uploads/pics/P1050820.JPG

Don

doublecool
April 26th, 2017, 03:37
Had the same issue but I followed Aussieman's suggestion and she is now working fine

Thank Aussieman :ernaehrung004:

olderndirt
April 26th, 2017, 11:56
Exactly the same thing - fixed. Martyn should make this a sticky on his forum - I see you made them aware. Thanks Pat.

Rick_Piper
April 26th, 2017, 12:02
That's a very refined model Martyn :)

Regards
Rick

Martyn
April 27th, 2017, 04:36
Thanks Rick :encouragement:

Service pack 2.2 is now available: http://www.justflight.com/support/pa28-arrow-iii/30fa7cc

This is a small update which adds the option to use cleaner, less worn & torn virtual cockpit textures, as requested by several users. A 'Cockpit Texture Switcher' tool has been added to the Start Menu, allowing you to switch between 'Standard' (existing) and 'Clean' (less worn/torn) virtual cockpit textures.

http://s8.postimg.org/8agg2lb0l/Arrow_clean.png

AussieMan
April 27th, 2017, 05:21
Customers have been reporting a problem with torque. The main problem is that after take off the plane wants to turn to the right rather sharply and requires massive rudder and aileron input to correct this. My experimentation with the rudder trim has partly solved the problem for me.

Below the throttle quadrant is the rudder trim knob. I have dialled in about 14-16 degrees of right trim and after 3 or 4 flights so far that setting has worked for me. With that setting the aircraft tracks almost dead straight from the runway.

When I was able to fly in real life torque was hardly noticeable. There was no deviation from the original track nor was there any tendency for the plane to want to roll.

olderndirt
April 27th, 2017, 08:46
Pat - wouldn't torque/P factor make you go to the left? Maybe it's different in the southern hemisphere? :very_drunk: Mine goes to the left and a whisker of rudder trim takes care of it. Slight problem, finding it again after takeoff so the trim can be removed.

THibben
April 27th, 2017, 14:14
Hi all,

Work is progressing well on the Turbo Arrow III/IV. Hopefully some of you will be pleased to see the less worn panels/interior, and the new colour schemes offer something a bit different to the existing Arrow III.

Martin,

If I buy the release you have now will there be an additional cost for the upgraded interior?

Thanks,

Tom

https://s15.postimg.org/ms8mil33f/Turbo_Arrow_III_HBPMB.jpg

https://s15.postimg.org/g4c0vzjl7/Turbo_Arrow_III_interior_2.jpg

https://s15.postimg.org/5is5jzd9n/Turbo_Arrow_IV_DEAIV.jpg

https://s15.postimg.org/450iooe0b/Turbo_Arrow_IV_interior_1.jpg

Thanks
Martyn

Martin,

If I purchase the model you already have released, will there be an additional cost for new interior?

Thanks,

Tom

Martyn
April 27th, 2017, 23:48
Hi Tom,

If you referring to the less worn interior I mentioned above then that is free for all Arrow III users. If you are referring to the Turbo Arrow (which is more than just a refreshed interior - see the in-development page for more information) then it will be sold as a standalone product like the Arrow III but we'll be offering it to existing Arrow III users for £10.

Thanks
Martyn

AussieMan
April 28th, 2017, 01:28
Pat - wouldn't torque/P factor make you go to the left? Maybe it's different in the southern hemisphere? :very_drunk: Mine goes to the left and a whisker of rudder trim takes care of it. Slight problem, finding it again after takeoff so the trim can be removed.

Should have put that it turns to the left. that's what happens after a long day and you are tired :banghead:.

THibben
April 30th, 2017, 06:18
I have the Garmin GNS 530W installed but can't seem to be able to turn it on.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Tom

teeboy
April 30th, 2017, 09:44
I have the Garmin GNS 530W installed but can't seem to be able to turn it on.

Any thoughts?

Think I had this after the first update - have you set COMM/NAV1 on in the default avionics first? (Turn all the standard fit stuff on, then select the GNS option from the ALT menu options). Similar to the lack of ident sound in A2A GA's with RXP/F1 avionics selected...

Hope that helps.

Nick

THibben
April 30th, 2017, 11:50
Think I had this after the first update - have you set COMM/NAV1 on in the default avionics first? (Turn all the standard fit stuff on, then select the GNS option from the ALT menu options). Similar to the lack of ident sound in A2A GA's with RXP/F1 avionics selected...

Hope that helps.

Nick

Thanks Nick,

I can't get any of the Nav Electronics to turn on.

Tom

AussieMan
April 30th, 2017, 15:20
The electronics and avionics should turn on when you flick the battery switch.

THibben
April 30th, 2017, 18:32
That is what I thought. But there is something definitely wrong with my installation. I might just try a total uninstall and reinstall.

Tom

AussieMan
April 30th, 2017, 20:39
Tom, have you in any way modified the panel or aircraft cfg files? I have found during testing of the Turbo Arrow that if I modify either of those files I can lose my electrics and the only solution was a re-install.

THibben
May 1st, 2017, 06:14
AussieMan,

No I have changed nothing. I did delete and do a reinstall. I may have deleted it the wrong way so am going to try again per the manual.

Thanks for your help,

Tom

THibben
May 1st, 2017, 09:55
I have reinstalled and things seem to be better. I think I have the latest revisions installed. The only thing I can't get yet is the cleaned up new panel.

If anyone has any ideas on that I would appreciate them. otherwise I will keep on looking.

Tom

THibben
May 1st, 2017, 10:26
Okay, I give up. Does anyone know how to load or open the cleaned up cockpit? I have installed all of the latest updates.

Thanks,

Tom

thefrog
May 1st, 2017, 10:50
Okay, I give up. Does anyone know how to load or open the cleaned up cockpit? I have installed all of the latest updates.

Thanks,

Tom

it's 'PA28TextureSwitch.exe' in your Arrow folder. There was a shortcut on my desktop as well.

THibben
May 1st, 2017, 11:04
it's 'PA28TextureSwitch.exe' in your Arrow folder. There was a shortcut on my desktop as well.

Thanks. It was in the file but didn't get to the desktop. All is working now.

Thanks again,

Tom

RobM
May 1st, 2017, 11:35
The switch between standard and clean vc's is also in the program files, under Just Flight, under PA28 Arrow.

Thanks - Rob

manfredc3
May 1st, 2017, 19:26
Looks like the release of the Turbo version is around the corner.

Received this message last Friday: JUST FLIGHT PA-28R TURBO ARROW III/IV - ON SALE NEXT WEEK
That does not mean a real sale, but that it can be purchased this week.

Been looking forward to this one.

Martyn
May 2nd, 2017, 06:45
We are also working on a PA-28-161 Warrior II :encouragement:

RKinkor
May 3rd, 2017, 04:51
We are also working on a PA-28-161 Warrior II :encouragement: Awesome I have wanted one of this quality for quite while now!:applause:

THibben
May 4th, 2017, 12:51
Looks like the release of the Turbo version is around the corner.

Received this message last Friday: JUST FLIGHT PA-28R TURBO ARROW III/IV - ON SALE NEXT WEEK

That does not mean a real sale, but that it can be purchased this week.

Been looking forward to this one.

Any news yet?

Tom

Martyn
May 5th, 2017, 03:41
We're having to spend a bit more time sorting out the sound set. We'll update you as soon as possible.

Thanks
Martyn

THibben
May 5th, 2017, 06:23
We're having to spend a bit more time sorting out the sound set. We'll update you as soon as possible.

Thanks
Martyn

Thanks for the info.

Tom

Martyn
May 26th, 2017, 06:03
Hi all,

The Turbo Arrow is now available - https://www.justflight.com/product/pa28r-turbo-arrow-iii-iv

Existing Arrow III owners should have received an email with discount information.

Apologies for the delay with the release!

Thanks
Martyn

ksw1375
May 26th, 2017, 06:32
Hi all,

The Turbo Arrow is now available - https://www.justflight.com/product/pa28r-turbo-arrow-iii-iv

Existing Arrow III owners should have received an email with discount information.

Thanks
Martyn

wow!!! Handsome Martyn! :encouragement:

ToniJH
May 26th, 2017, 06:54
I got a very good discount for this product(Turbo Arrow) first the 12€, and then i used reward points and the final prize was few cents over 9 euros.

Bradburger
May 26th, 2017, 07:24
Thanks for the HU Martyn.

And I just got my discount voucher which I'm gonna have to use!

(A very nice gesture to all the existing Arrow III customers btw).

Cheers

Paul

Pat Mussotte
May 26th, 2017, 07:25
Downloading now !
Very good discount :applause:

Cheers

ColinT46
May 26th, 2017, 08:01
Hi all,

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn,
What about compatibility with P3D v 4 ?

Thanks,

Colin

RKinkor
May 26th, 2017, 08:19
Just purchased (thanks for the wonderful discount) and downloaded and did my first flight. Performs as advertised except for one item which is interesting. During run up at 2000 rpm I got a 200+ rpm drop on both mags. Did rest of checks then re did the mag check and accidently put rpms 2100 and mag drop was less than 175 for both. It doesn't bother me at all but just found it interesting. Would that be sign of fouling the plugs maybe? Otherwise awesome product and thank you for producing such quality aircraft!

napacon
May 26th, 2017, 10:00
the electronics and avionics should turn on when you flick the battery switch. i agree. Should be two start ups simple stupid or real world..not unlike many models DC-3 comes to mind.. Yer mouse pointer is not a finger..turning knobs with it?..would not like it in weather and ifr..some you click some you attempt yo roll a knob..in any event one should not have to become a start up engineer..with out a check list...thnx

Martyn
May 26th, 2017, 12:06
Just purchased (thanks for the wonderful discount) and downloaded and did my first flight. Performs as advertised except for one item which is interesting. During run up at 2000 rpm I got a 200+ rpm drop on both mags. Did rest of checks then re did the mag check and accidently put rpms 2100 and mag drop was less than 175 for both. It doesn't bother me at all but just found it interesting. Would that be sign of fouling the plugs maybe? Otherwise awesome product and thank you for producing such quality aircraft!

It could be a symptom of plug fouling but I'll try to reproduce the issue here just in case it's something that needs addressing.

Thanks
Martyn

Cees Donker
May 27th, 2017, 01:48
I didn't get an e-mail yet? I read that I should have gotten one by now, but alas.

:dizzy:

Cees

Martyn
May 27th, 2017, 04:11
I didn't get an e-mail yet? I read that I should have gotten one by now, but alas.

:dizzy:

Cees

Hi Cees,

Please send me a PM with your email address and I'll ask our marketing chaps to look into it. Everyone who purchased the Arrow III should have received emails yesterday (unless spam filters intercepted them etc).

Thanks
Martyn

RKinkor
May 27th, 2017, 04:12
It could be a symptom of plug fouling but I'll try to reproduce the issue here just in case it's something that needs addressing.

Thanks
Martyn

Not a big deal but thanks for looking into it. In case it helps FSX Boxed with Acceleration Windows 10 professional was running with Automixture enabled at the time as I wanted to test altitude performance of the turbo. Also realworld weather was in use.

Cees Donker
May 27th, 2017, 05:37
Hi Cees,

Please send me a PM with your email address and I'll ask our marketing chaps to look into it. Everyone who purchased the Arrow III should have received emails yesterday (unless spam filters intercepted them etc).

Thanks
Martyn

Hi Martyn,

Got it now after contacting JF support. I looked in my spam folder, but it wasn't there. These things happen. We're all human.

Cheers,

Cees

RKinkor
May 27th, 2017, 06:39

Thanks
Martyn

I just flew the T-Tail just now and while run up mag drop is normal with the T-Tail there are some issues with power produced by the engine. Gauges show full power but it can barely climb to 2500 feet leaning or running automixture has no effect on the performance. Straight Tail Arrow is fine climbs to 20000 to 21000 just like in real life with same real life performance fall above 12000. Again Thanks for the wonderful aircraft!

Pat Mussotte
May 27th, 2017, 08:32
I just flew the T-Tail just now and while run up mag drop is normal with the T-Tail there are some issues with power produced by the engine. Gauges show full power but it can barely climb to 2500 feet leaning or running automixture has no effect on the performance. Straight Tail Arrow is fine climbs to 20000 to 21000 just like in real life with same real life performance fall above 12000. Again Thanks for the wonderful aircraft!
Obviously the Arrow IV has no power(I didn't try the III but everybody say it's fine). Couldn't get 500 fpm at 97kt and fuel flow is very low , the mixture has almost no effect. I opened a ticket at Justflight few minutes ago!

Cheers

Pat

Cees Donker
May 27th, 2017, 10:11
It's the same here....

Cees

Martyn
May 30th, 2017, 06:14
Please download and install the latest version of the product - https://www.justflight.com/support/pa28-turbo-arrow/32f5bd1

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks
Martyn

RKinkor
May 31st, 2017, 03:46
Unfortunately nothing changed with new release, the T-Tail still has power issues and the III still has the mag drop issue. There is improvement with the T-Tail though I can get her up to about 7500 ft before losing power. The fuel flow still seems to be off.

Martyn
May 31st, 2017, 05:23
We are currently working with the FDE developer to identify the cause. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks
Martyn

RKinkor
May 31st, 2017, 05:44
We are currently working with the FDE developer to identify the cause. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks
MartynThank you, again wondeful product otherwise.

RKinkor
May 31st, 2017, 06:50

Thanks
MartynWas just flying around in the t tail some more and discovered if set the prop rpm to 85% very soon after take off i can get full book value climb performance at 89 knots all the way to 12000ft then as per spec power falls off and I was able to reach 20000 ft. I hope this helps with tracking down the issue. Climb rate on the sim straight tail is a lot higher than book. Real world climb is 1000 fpm to 10000 the straight tail in sim is more than that at 97 kts. On the fuel burn on the t tail was really low just over a gallon used to climb to 20000 ft.
I am sorry about earlier posts today with the updated version. I may have had you guys chasing the wrong version for issues. I apologize I didnt know the climb rate was only supposed 1000 ft per minute.

Martyn
June 5th, 2017, 05:42
Are you making sure not to overboost the engine? Here is some info from the FDE developer:

The first point is, with this aircraft you NEVER firewall the throttle. If you use full throttle, you will overboost the engine (Hg of roughly 46 at sea level - that is correct, confirmed by multiple real-world Turbo Arrow pilots). You should see the little square (greenish yellow at the top right of the panel) light up - that is the overboost warning light. You will also hear a kind of bubbling sound, which is the onset of detonation - the result of which is a loss of power, lower fuel flow and eventually complete failure of the engine.

Please try the following:

Full RPM and Mixture.
Throttle - advance slowly to just below the red line on the Manifold Pressure gauge (so roughly 40 - 41 Hg, you'll be able to take off as low as 38, but the red line is critical)
Carefully creep it briefly over the red line, check that the overboost light comes on (you may also hear the noise change with the detonation) then bring it straight back below.
Take off and fly around, try some climbs but keep the Hg at all times below the red line. You can use your mixture and RPM as normal.

You will find that, as pressure decreases with altitude, you will need to gradually increase the amount of throttle used to keep a given Hg, so that around the critical altitude for the turbo (12,000ft) you will probably have full throttle or somewhere near.

RKinkor
June 7th, 2017, 08:56
Are you making sure not to overboost the engine? Here is some info from the FDE developer:

Yes I am not familiar with flying the turbo arrow but I was avoiding having the overboost light come on. That was how I would set power for take off. Smooth application of power to until the light comes on, pull back a few inches mp and continue with take off roll. I have them figured out well enough for myself. Sorry for any hassle and have a nice day!

Yossarian1943
June 15th, 2017, 07:24
Hi, there is a new bundly offer for the Arrow at Just Flight.

https://www.justflight.com/product/pa28r-arrow-iii-and-turbo-arrow-iii-iv-bundle

...and I bought my Arrow yesterday...:banghead::banghead:

Martyn
June 15th, 2017, 08:38
If you purchased the Arrow III after the Turbo Arrow III/IV release (and therefore didn't receive the Turbo Arrow discount code) and before the bundle was released then please contact our customer service team and they'll sort out the discount for you.

Thanks
Martyn

Yossarian1943
June 15th, 2017, 12:18
If you purchased the Arrow III after the Turbo Arrow III/IV release (and therefore didn't receive the Turbo Arrow discount code) and before the bundle was released then please contact our customer service team and they'll sort out the discount for you.

Thanks
Martyn

Thanks Martin, will do that. Indeed received the Just Flight Mail regarding the bundle release today 4:30pm.

BTW, outstanding plane. Really enjoy the Arrow III. :very_drunk:

Kind regards

Marcus

Martyn
June 30th, 2017, 01:15
For those of you interested in another PA-28, the next (and possibly final) aircraft in our range of PA-28s will be the PA-28-161 Warrior II (http://www.justflight.com/product/pa-28-161-warrior-ii)

Here are some screenshots showing the progress on the exterior and cockpit:

https://s23.postimg.org/6lj0l02fv/Warrior_ext.jpg

https://s23.postimg.org/3v9ont5qz/Warrior_VC_2.jpg

https://s23.postimg.org/lk1fffhi3/Warrior_VC_4.jpg

https://s23.postimg.org/tthw7l0m3/Warrior_VC_5.jpg

Thanks
Martyn

Dimus
June 30th, 2017, 03:27
I'll probably fall for that too Martyn. You've done a great job in this series!

Is the series planned to be P3D v4 compliant soon?

Martyn
June 30th, 2017, 03:54
Is the series planned to be P3D v4 compliant soon?

P3D v4 updates for all of our in-house products will be available soon.

Thanks
Martyn

Tim-HH
June 30th, 2017, 09:45
That looks excellent, Martyn!

I'm also looking forward to your just announced C152 :)

Greetings
Tim

Martyn
July 27th, 2017, 08:01
The Warrior II has been released.

We're aiming to get the Arrow/Turbo Arrow P3Dv4 update released tomorrow.

Thanks
Martyn

ToniJH
July 27th, 2017, 09:00
Just bought my Warrior II, tomorrow flying around Oshkosh :) Thank you for JF making this aircraft for P3d v4, discount was good, it cost me for 26€ :)

musterpilot
July 27th, 2017, 20:48
What can I say
just downloaded the PA28-161 another high end model from JUST FLIGHT thanks to the team
it flys like a dream in p3dv4

John

txnetcop
July 28th, 2017, 02:59
Saw the videos, it looks awesome just too expensive for me. It's the same reason I don't have any of the A2A GA aircraft or the Texan. Great job Martyn!
Ted

speedy70
July 28th, 2017, 04:41
A2A have a sale on at the moment.

Cheers Chris

Martyn
July 28th, 2017, 05:01
The Arrow III and Turbo Arrow III/IV are now compatible with Prepar3D v4. You can download the v4 compatible installers from your account.

Thanks
Martyn

ToniJH
July 28th, 2017, 09:55
Here is few screenshots from my today flight, Oshkosh, WI to Mankato, MN

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4296/36224514895_6259cfdfda_b.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4292/35391205454_f429b5e393_b.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4308/35832436370_4ab52883fa_b.jpg

Martyn
August 10th, 2017, 03:55
Warrior SP1 is now available: https://www.justflight.com/support/pa28-warrior/40e2655 (http://www.justflight.com/support/pa28-warrior/40e2655)

Changes:

FDE improvements
​Flap lever animation fixed
Magneto check drop fixed

Martyn
September 5th, 2017, 05:40
Warrior SP2 is now available: https://www.justflight.com/support/pa28-warrior/40e2655 (http://www.justflight.com/support/pa28-warrior/40e2655)

Changes:

Engine cowl remodelled for improved realism
Fuel pressure gauge overreading - fixed
FDE improvements (including slower acceleration on takeoff roll)
Blurred prop textures fixed
New livery added - G-SIXT, a distinctive paint scheme which commemorates the 60th anniversary of the Airways Flying Club, founded for employees of British European Airways (BEA) and British Overseas Airways Corporation (BOAC).

Dimus
September 5th, 2017, 10:10
Thanks for the continuous support on an already excellent product! Downloading this now but it is very slow. Maybe too many on your servers?

speedy70
September 5th, 2017, 11:19
Martyn,
The warrior update does not work.
See previous post today by me and another person with the same problem.

Cheers Chris

Martyn
September 6th, 2017, 02:30
Hi Chris,

I've replied on the other thread.

Thanks
Martyn