PDA

View Full Version : Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 released !

Javis
February 21st, 2017, 06:38
It is with great pleasure ( and a bit of relief.. ;-) to announce that the long awaited update to our Douglas C-47 V3.12 Beta is uploading here at the SOH Library ( to avoid the traffic jam that was caused here by the V3.12 edition earlier the file will be up at Flightsim.com and Avsim shortly as well ).

We have called this updated edition V3.14 Beta and, as those who followed the thread about it here already know, one of the new features is that the VVC can now be lighted up so you can finally fly your Skytrained Gooney Dakota at night as well. Other new features include: significantly updated Interactive Checklist, Automixture function, fine tuned flight dynamics and groundhandling with 2 choices of groundsteering, OMI Marker lights, selectable 'Cutie' pictures plus various modifications, corrections and additions according to V3.12 users feedback.

All new features and functions are described in detail in the read.me and Manual so be sure to take those along on your first flight in your upgraded C-47. It'll pay off, believe me !

Like the V3.12 edition this upgraded V3.14 model should work fine in FSX, FSX-SE, as well as in P3D. Before installing the V3.14 model we'd like to advice you to first uninstall the V3.12 model. Repaints of the V3.12 model can still be used with V3.14, you'll find a small tutorial about that in the read.me.

Look for "Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1405.zip" here in the SOH Library (FSX Aircraft, FSX Civilian Aircraft, FSX Militairy Aircraft). Check IGA Catalogue (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?iga/) and ALDI Catalogue (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?aldi/). Note that it may take a moment for the mods to make it publicly available.

Rests me to wish you all good flights, but remember, strange things are lurking outthere in the dark....

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/mj_dc3vc/v3141.jpg

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/mj_dc3vc/v3142.jpg

On behalf of the entire DDW (Digital Dakota Works) crew,

Cheers,
Jan

gribouil
February 21st, 2017, 07:15
Looking forward to it!!!
Many thanks Jan... :ernaehrung004:
Cheers,

Stéph.

manfredc3
February 21st, 2017, 07:38
Oh boy, oh boy....

I can not wait for it to become available in the library. Guess work will have to do a day without me, lol.

Thanks to Jan and his team for their dedication to this already amazing rendition of an iconic classic airplane.

banjoman1960
February 21st, 2017, 07:44
Digital Dakota Works:applause:

Nice one Jan!!!

Was a pleasure to test this Bird..........

Cheers
Ralf

Penz
February 21st, 2017, 07:55
Woohoo!

Thank you Digital Dakota Works - Jan and Co.!

tailspin45
February 21st, 2017, 07:58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CmmJjQCWGM

hawkdriver
February 21st, 2017, 08:19
Can't wait to fly this! Question - Since this is a dedicated C47 platform, is there any small chance of a future update with visual cargo boxes in the rear under nets to simulate hauling military/civilian cargo? Thanks, Hawkdriver

Roger
February 21st, 2017, 08:22
Every once in a while, there is a great benefit to being SOH staff...:adoration:

menef
February 21st, 2017, 08:49
Thank you Gentlemen! This iconic aircraft really deserves a team
like yours!!!!

hertzie
February 21st, 2017, 09:04
THANKS x 1000! You guys always make my day !

hertzie

speedy70
February 21st, 2017, 09:15
Thank you all in advance fellas.Still waiting with eager anticipation for the file to appear.

Bedankt.

Chris

YoYo
February 21st, 2017, 09:27
Old (but for v.3) repaints work ok here?

speedy70
February 21st, 2017, 09:31
Yoyo see here fom Jan.

Like the V3.12 edition this upgraded V3.14 model should work fine in FSX, FSX-SE, as well as in P3D. Before installing the V3.14 model we'd like to advice you to first uninstall the V3.12 model. Repaints of the V3.12 model can still be used with V3.14, you'll find a small tutorial about that in the read.me.

Cheers Chris

YoYo
February 21st, 2017, 10:14
Yoyo see here fom Jan.

Cheers Chris

Oh, my foul, ok, Thank You.

banjoman1960
February 21st, 2017, 10:15
Old (but for v.3) repaints work ok here?
all entrys need a change
[fltsim.xxx]
title=Douglas C-47 xxx
sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.4 need to change to sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.5:ernaehrung004:

511Flyer
February 21st, 2017, 10:24
Thanks in advance DDW from DWW. My initials.

Den.

Ian Warren
February 21st, 2017, 10:36
:biggrin-new:I really do new to hook into this one, slop a little paint around , again a Super effort :encouragement:

Penz
February 21st, 2017, 11:36
I can't figure out how to perform the parachute jump. This is on P3D 3.4. I think I have done everything according to manual: Open door 4 while still on the ground, enable callouts and parachuting on the clipboard, keep red/green light switches off until it's time, fly level at 800ft while keeping speed below 110kias.

When I turn on red light nothing happens. Also, nothing happens when I wait 60 sec after red light and then turn on green light. Am I missing some crucial step?

Everything else about the aircraft and cockpit is, of course, absolutely wonderful. :)

banjoman1960
February 21st, 2017, 11:45
I can't figure out how to perform the parachute jump. This is on P3D 3.4. I think I have done everything according to manual: Open door 4 while still on the ground, enable callouts and parachuting on the clipboard, keep red/green light switches off until it's time, fly level at 800ft while keeping speed below 110kias.

When I turn on red light nothing happens. Also, nothing happens when I wait 60 sec after red light and then turn on green light. Am I missing some crucial step?

Everything else about the aircraft and cockpit is, of course, absolutely wonderful. :)

the effect does not work in p3d,you can only hear the voices......you need to switch callouts and paratroper on(shift4 panel):wavey:

then switch fasten seatbelts and wait............then no smoking,i test again,for me works(i test with standart livery,work also)

Penz
February 21st, 2017, 11:56
the effect does not work in p3d,you can only hear the voices......you need to switch callouts and paratroper on(shift4 panel):wavey:

then switch fasten seatbelts and wait............then no smoking,i test again,for me works(i test with standart livery,work also)
Done all that, but despite that I don't get the voices, or any other response. I use the standard Paratrooper variant too.

Navy Chief
February 21st, 2017, 11:59
For some reason I am not able to remove the chocks. I see the menu for it and select OFF, but they are not going away. NC

banjoman1960
February 21st, 2017, 12:01
Done all that, but despite that I don't get the voices, or any other response. I use the standard Paratrooper variant too.

i download the plane now,i have the testversion not this download....,i check and report back........

banjoman1960
February 21st, 2017, 12:03
For some reason I am not able to remove the chocks. I see the menu for it and select OFF, but they are not going away. NC

i get this also once when i test,reload the sim,and start from defaultflight fix it for me

banjoman1960
February 21st, 2017, 12:33
i have test with a fresh download now,load the default flight and change to c47.........chokes remove,also parajump work(p3dv3,i have not install parajumpeffect)
remove chockes shift 4 panel misc chockes off remove them......

WarHorse47
February 21st, 2017, 12:48
For some reason I am not able to remove the chocks. I see the menu for it and select OFF, but they are not going away. NCSame here under FSX, Win 8.1 starting with a default Cessna. I can still taxi and take off, but the chocks remain visible on the wheels even after they are retracted. Issue seems to be intermittent as my next flight had no problems.

Excellent update on one of my favorites. Thanks Manfred and team.

Fireball6
February 21st, 2017, 12:54
Thanks alot DDW - fantastic work :applause:

Dirk

oldmsgt
February 21st, 2017, 12:56
An excellent update to what is already unquestionably the finest model of the Douglas DC-3 ever done for a flight simulator bar none!! Many thanks to all involved in producing this masterpiece, truly a work of art!
Cheers
:ernaehrung004:
The Old Master Sergeant

Roger
February 21st, 2017, 12:56
Magnificent work from all concerned:applause: I notice that the anti-collision light switch is inoperable.

https://i.imgbox.com/mBAt9naQ.jpg (http://imgbox.com/mBAt9naQ)

tailspin45
February 21st, 2017, 13:36
If you're having trouble starting the aircraft double check that both fuel selectors are on a full tank.

A couple of us discovered that we were left clicking on the right main tank in the Monitor Panel, and then left clicking on the left main tank...which deselected the right tank, leaving the fuel off.

Using the proper #2 then #1 start sequence, therefore, meant we were trying to start an engine with no fuel source.

The right click means right engine, left click mean left engine concept is actually quite slick when selecting fuel tanks in the Monitor Panel. As long as you remember the convention.

Lmaire
February 21st, 2017, 15:57
Hello,

Where i can find repaints for the Douglas DC-3 Skytrain? . Thanks

Real

speedy70
February 21st, 2017, 16:12
Here is a link to the repaints for the last version.Read the manual and the readme and adjust accordingly.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/101611-Douglas-C-47-v3-Livery-Thread?highlight=javis

Cheers Chris

cavaricooper
February 21st, 2017, 16:41
Jan et al-

MANY, MANY THANKS! The far reaches of the old world await....

C

Lmaire
February 21st, 2017, 16:42
Thank you very much Chris.

PeteHam
February 21st, 2017, 19:22
Magnificent :applause: :applause:

Thank you to all who helped make this beauty.

Pete.

fuzz1
February 21st, 2017, 21:21
Absolutely incredible. Hard to believe this project could be improved upon but there it is! The ambience in the VC is now more addictive than ever, not to mention the many other tasteful improvements. A heartfelt thanks everyone involved in producing this superb gift to the community; it truly is a one of a kind labour of love.

One thing...I really like the default VC textures in this version and intend to make this my main VC. But should one decide to add one or more of the other terrific VC textures produced for v3.12,
how exactly would one go about merging such alternate textures within the latest VC, while keeping all the bells, whistles and lights? A quick tutorial on this would be appreciated, perhaps including a list of texture files that need to be copied from A to B together with identification of any possible conflicts.

Penz
February 21st, 2017, 22:09
i have test with a fresh download now,load the default flight and change to c47.........chokes remove,also parajump work(p3dv3,i have not install parajumpeffect)
remove chockes shift 4 panel misc chockes off remove them......
Thanks for looking into my issue Banjoman! :ernaehrung004:

Must be something wrong with my procedure then, I can't make parachuting work in neither P3D nor FSX. Not a big deal, but still odd.

ncooper
February 21st, 2017, 23:25
how exactly would one go about merging such alternate textures within the latest VC, while keeping all the bells, whistles and lights? A quick tutorial on this would be appreciated, perhaps including a list of texture files that need to be copied from A to B together with identification of any possible conflicts.

Files:
Eleven files, vvc_1.dds to vvc_11.dds.
panel_1a.dds and panel_2a.dds
Four files with the word padding in the file name.
A noseout.dds file to match the repaint's nose colour.

To add the textures to a repaint there are two choices.

1. Copy the preferred VC textures into the repaint's folder.

2. Put the preferred VC textures into a folder of their own and give it a name,
for example texture.myfavouriteVC.
Then go to your chosen repaint texture folder and edit the texture.cfg file like this:

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\texture.myfavouriteVC
fallback.2=..\texture
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Scenery\texture
fallback.4=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\textur e

Just as it always has been.

xpelekis
February 21st, 2017, 23:26
This is a hell of a plane ! Great job gents !
Being myself in mission building and making similar things in missions,
I greatly appreciate - apart of all other stuff - the interactive co-pilot !... :very_drunk:

I wish I could have such a feature in two sitter planes (like F-4 or F-14) for the additional
immersion.

fuzz1
February 22nd, 2017, 08:02
Files:
Eleven files, vvc_1.dds to vvc_11.dds.
panel_1a.dds and panel_2a.dds
Four files with the word padding in the file name.
A noseout.dds file to match the repaint's nose colour.

To add the textures to a repaint there are two choices.

1. Copy the preferred VC textures into the repaint's folder.

2. Put the preferred VC textures into a folder of their own and give it a name,
for example texture.myfavouriteVC.
Then go to your chosen repaint texture folder and edit the texture.cfg file like this:

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\texture.myfavouriteVC
fallback.2=..\texture
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Scenery\texture

Just as it always has been.

Nick, thanks for your reply. I remain a little unclear on the following:

There are now actually 30 files in the default v3.14 texture folder containing 'vvc.' The 11 you have identified and others that contain 'vvc' and also include 'LM' 'spec' and 'bump' terminology.
Are these other files also to be copied to the target folder?

Similarly, the 'padding' and 'panel' files you identify also appear to have related files containing LM, spec and bump .dds'. What is to be done with those, if anything?

I note that apart from the files you identify, others exist with the 'LM' terminology, which, if I'm not mistaken, deal with light maps? Should these also be copied to target folder (i.e.,gaugestest_01_LM.dds, metal_LM.dds) ?

Finally, in respect to your method 2., I note that the naming convention of the texture.cfg file now included in the the default livery EATS_315221 contains only three lines:
[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\texture
fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Texture
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
Whereas your example indicates 4 lines. Is this of any significance?

Just want to be sure I do all this correctly so as not to muck up such a fine piece of work, and unfortunately I only have limited knowledge of these details.

ncooper
February 22nd, 2017, 08:08
Hello again.

Without launching into a detailed explanation of how these things work,
if you just follow the advice given, you will see the textures that you want to.

dvj
February 22nd, 2017, 08:51
Amazing work, a real labor of love from you guys.

A question. Should I be seeing any smoke during the start up? None in this or the last version at least on my PC.

cheers,

-d

fuzz1
February 22nd, 2017, 09:13
[QUOTE=ncooper;1068925]Hello again.<br>
<br>
Without launching into a detailed explanation of how these things work,<br>
if you just follow the advice given, you will see the textures that you want to.[/QUOTE

Unfortunately didn't work for me Nick. Followed your instructions to the letter and all I managed to do was bugger up the alternate VC textures, in my attempt to marry GMAN's fabulous 'texture.blackint' VC with the Miss Virginia repaint. Many of GMAN's files were overwritten using the process you described and I guess this caused the texture anomalies. Fortunately I backed everything up. No worries, totally ok flying the new default VC for a while until a solution is at hand. Appreciate your willingness to assist nonetheless.

ncooper
February 22nd, 2017, 09:15
As you wish.
With all due respect, if you had followed the advice to the letter, you would have the textures you wanted.
The solution is there, if you are unable to apply it, that is a different matter.

I expect that you copied some aircraft textures over Gordon's, which is not what my post says to do.
It does say that the VC files can be copied into any repaint's folder, in which case they cannot be overwritten.
If anything, they will overwrite, which is what you want them to do.

As you will see below, there is no need to copy over any files.

In the specific case of the texture.blackint folder:

1. Copy the texture.blackint folder into SimObjects\Airplanes\Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14

2. In the repaint folder of the aircraft that you wish to add these textures to, open the texture.cfg file
in that folder and copy all of the following text over all of the text in the texture.cfg file.
Save it.

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\texture.blackint
fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\textur e

In this specific case, there are only three lines because Gordon has been kind enough to add all the required textures
to the texture.blackint folder.
He was also kind enough to include a very good readme file in the aircraft download which also explains how to
add his VC textures to any repaint.

fuzz1
February 22nd, 2017, 11:55
As you wish.
With all due respect, if you had followed the advice to the letter, you would have the textures you wanted.
The solution is there, if you are unable to apply it, that is a different matter.

I expect that you copied some aircraft textures over Gordon's, which is not what my post says to do.
It does say that the VC files can be copied into any repaint's folder, in which case they cannot be overwritten.
If anything, they will overwrite, which is what you want them to do.

As you will see below, there is no need to copy over any files.

In the specific case of the texture.blackint folder:

1. Copy the texture.blackint folder into SimObjects\Airplanes\Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14

2. In the repaint folder of the aircraft that you wish to add these textures to, open the texture.cfg file
in that folder and copy all of the following text over all of the text in the texture.cfg file.
Save it.

[fltsim]
fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\textur e

In this specific case, there are only three lines because Gordon has been kind enough to add all the required textures
to the texture.blackint folder.
He was also kind enough to include a very good readme file in the aircraft download which also explains how to
add his VC textures to any repaint.

Your specific suggestions as to Gordon's texture.blackint example is precisely how I went about this even prior to requesting help here. I repeated your advice just now and the results remain the same...missing textures on the seats, seat backs and armrests, and the fluorescent light/gauge effects are not functional. The red light glow switch does work however, and all other VC textures appear to display correctly.

I agree, GMAN wrote a comprehensive readme as to how to add his VC textures to other repaints and the method worked perfectly for me in 3.12. Following these instructions now, together with your suggestions thus far, do not work for me in v3.14 and still yield the above anomalies. It's possible that Gordon's specific VC example requires something else to be done for proper function, or there is simply something wrong with my installation.

I'm content to let the matter rest, as I don't want this thread to focus on an issue that has nothing to do with the core functionality of this fine update. Perhaps a separate thread would be more appropriate.

speedy70
February 22nd, 2017, 12:03
I think this may be because it appears the old light brown leather seats have been replaced by the ordinary dark brown ones in this new version.
I would dearly love to know what the name of that texture file was in the last version so I can reuse it.
Cheers Chris

ncooper
February 22nd, 2017, 12:04
Try this

[fltsim]
fallback.2=..\texture
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

fuzz1
February 22nd, 2017, 12:37
Success! Thanks Nick, that did the trick. Seats are textured once again and fluorescent effects now work. I'm not sure I even want to know why this works from the revised fallback structure, just pleased that it does. Gordon's VC is simply too good to abandon.

ncooper
February 22nd, 2017, 12:54
Good news, it is only what the original guide said to do.:mixed-smiley-010:

fuzz1
February 22nd, 2017, 13:19
Indeed it is. I now see where I went wrong with my misinterpretation in copying files and appreciate your patience in clarifying further.

banjoman1960
February 22nd, 2017, 13:50

A question. Should I be seeing any smoke during the start up? None in this or the last version at least on my PC.

cheers,

-d

yes,

in the planefolder is a effectfolder,there are all you need:ernaehrung004:
you need to copy the right files in maineffectsfolder from the sim,fsx and p3d are different.......take the right one!

cheers

rampa
February 22nd, 2017, 14:42
Thank you very much for this beauty!

Emile
February 23rd, 2017, 05:37
Hello,
How to start the engines when in 2D panel?
Thanks in advance.

ncooper
February 23rd, 2017, 05:50
There is no 2D panel?
There is a manual though, included in the download.

gaab
February 23rd, 2017, 08:21
Thank you for this great update :applause:

I notice that the anti-collision light switch is inoperable.

Same here - fortunately, the checklist allow to solve the problem...

Gérard

dvj
February 23rd, 2017, 12:06
yes,

in the planefolder is a effectfolder,there are all you need:ernaehrung004:
you need to copy the right files in maineffectsfolder from the sim,fsx and p3d are different.......take the right one!

cheers

I think it's a DX10 fixer issue. The smoke is there along with the effects file, but it is very faint and only visible from the opposite side of the aircraft. Checking my settings.

- d

flyingboxcar
February 23rd, 2017, 12:14
I have done just one flight at night so far. The panel lighting is very nice indeed. However, I cant seem to be able to change the frequencies of the Com and Nav radios. I can change the frequency of the ADF ok, but not the others. I know they are working because I can bring up the morse code id of each one. I also notice the absence of the rotating beacon light on top of the tail, or did I happen to add that to the earlier version with some addon?
Anyhow, thanks for the nice panel lighting.
Howard

ncooper
February 23rd, 2017, 13:04
I think it's a DX10 fixer issue. The smoke is there along with the effects file, but it is very faint and only visible from the opposite side of the aircraft. Checking my settings.

- d

You will need to run the effect through the Fixer's conversion.
Then it works as it should from all angles.
I'm sure you have the FSX effect version and not the P3D one.

cavaricooper
February 23rd, 2017, 14:54
With complete gratitude to Manfred, Jan and the entire team, could I please ask for a revisit to the Artificial Horizon? The central dot ought to (imho) rise and fall with the "wings" when turning the adjustment knob.... for long IFR flights without the AP, this is a very useful tool, allowing for quick and accurate instrument scans.... at the moment it's a bit disjointed.

Really liking the FDE, still playing with it.....

Again, thank you all... she's lovely....

C

TREETOP
February 23rd, 2017, 15:20
A magnificent aircraft a lot of fun features .

Thanks to all who donated their valuable time for this great project.:encouragement:

A fluky observation: :kilroy:
I have my FSX.cft set to display missing textures. I have been trying to find the name of a missing texture in another plane.

When I load the Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 I get two messages for missing textures.
MARKERLTS.BMP and PADDING_LM.BMP.
All the textures I can see are .dds so am not sure why it is calling for the above.
I can't see any missing textures so am not sure what FSX is up to.

Thanks again for this masterpiece.:medals::ernaehrung004:

MZee1960
February 23rd, 2017, 17:14
Hi Guys !

A terrfifc job on this latest version of a great aircraft. I really like the VC night lighting and new added goodies.

I just am in the process of changing over my repaints from V3.12 to this latest and greatest 3.14 version. I discovered the top tailfin rotating red beacon light is gone on all models in V3.14, but on some repaints the section where the tailfin top rotating red beacon light was originally present is not painted over but there is a 'blank' unpainted spot in it's former location - is there any way to fix this and add this rotating light back, or ?

Thank-you, any help would be much appreciated.
MZ

ryanbatc
February 23rd, 2017, 18:21
THANKS!!! Fantastic - night flying here I come!

MZee1960
February 23rd, 2017, 20:43
Hi Guys !

A terrfifc job on this latest version of a great aircraft. I really like the VC night lighting and new added goodies.

I just am in the process of changing over my repaints from V3.12 to this latest and greatest 3.14 version. I discovered the top tailfin rotating red beacon light is gone on all models in V3.14, but on some repaints the section where the tailfin top rotating red beacon light was originally present is not painted over but there is a 'blank' unpainted spot in it's former location - is there any way to fix this and add this rotating light back, or ?

Thank-you, any help would be much appreciated.
MZ

OK, ......... I think I solved the issue.
I opened the C-47 'aircraft.cfg' file and in the [fltsim.xx] section for the repaints in question I added 'model=C47_2' as this was left blank initially.
Now things point to the right model and the working red beacon light is back in business.
Live and learn, I guess .... LOL !

:jump::applause:

MZee1960
February 23rd, 2017, 21:21
I also notice the absence of the rotating beacon light on top of the tail, or did I happen to add that to the earlier version with some addon?
Howard

Please just go to the aircraft.cfg file, open it up, go to the [fltsim.xx] entry which corresponds to the repaint in question and add where it says 'model=' to make it read 'model=C47_2' . Save the change and done. You will have to do this for all of the affected repaints which you wish to have the red rotating beacon.

The C-47 was made in three exterior models. All three models have been included in V3.14 as part of the downloaded file. You now just have to 'tell' your sim which exterior model you want represented by a specific repaint. The section which points to the models is left blank - so it points to the C47V3_1. By adding 'model=C47_2' you will point that repaint to model C47v3_2. By adding 'model=GAF' you will point that repaint to model C47v3_GAF.

The description and pictures of the three models may be found here (but no need to install this file as it is already a part of your V3.14 download) :
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/101851-FSX-P3D-C-47-V3-Three-Exterior-Models-zip

Cheers,
MZ

scotth6
February 23rd, 2017, 22:22

cheers,

-d

Yes you should see smoke. This would require the effect file "fx_Cranky_DC3_TFF". There is a separate file for FSX and P3D, hence the FSX and P3D folders in the effects folder.

scotth6
February 23rd, 2017, 22:24
I have done just one flight at night so far. The panel lighting is very nice indeed. However, I cant seem to be able to change the frequencies of the Com and Nav radios. I can change the frequency of the ADF ok, but not the others. I know they are working because I can bring up the morse code id of each one. I also notice the absence of the rotating beacon light on top of the tail, or did I happen to add that to the earlier version with some addon?
Anyhow, thanks for the nice panel lighting.
Howard

Hi,

The radios need to be switched on for the frequency to change. Each radio has it's own 3 position switch with "Off, On and Ident" All except Comm. 2 are functional.

Regarding the rotating beacon light, please see the post #63 above.

Cheers,

scotth6
February 24th, 2017, 00:00

Hi NC,

How are you beginning your flight? Are you using the Cold and dark toggle and starting it from there using the checklist? Are the chocks visible as soon as the aircraft is loaded?

This seems like a strange one. There were some issues with the chocks during testing, but I'm pretty sure they were resolved. I am not seeing any issues with the release version. Make sure you have removed the entire folder for any older versions of the aircraft from your Simobjects/Airplanes folder. Also make sure to overwrite any existing files when adding the new version.

I do not see any chocks unless I switch them on manually in the monitor window (Shift+4). I can switch them on and off and they appear or disappear as intended.

Cheers,

flyingboxcar
February 24th, 2017, 00:36
Scotth6,
Thanks for the reply. Oh, now I get it. I had to add the line to the cfg file and now I have the beacon light. Radios work too. I notice that the switch on the Pilots overhead panel called Cockpit Lights does not work. Does yours? The new red and fluorescent lighting looks great.
Thanks
Howard

Penz
February 24th, 2017, 02:42
Special "cutie" picture ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/Hierophant/FSX/Done_it_zpsarbb4dby.jpg

:ernaehrung004:

BendyFlyer
February 24th, 2017, 03:01
Thanks to all the team involved and who worked so hard to make this aircraft come alive. Well done and I am appreciative of some of the problems that would need to be solved to get to this going. Excellent. Pride of place in my FSX Hangar.

BendyFlyer
February 24th, 2017, 03:06
Now a quick question. I am aware this is still a Beta. On my FSXA I seem to have a conflict withe camera views overriding the normal view selection menu keys F9, F10, F11 and F12. On load I get the VC but selection of the other F keys normally controlling the external view (locked spot) and map are overridden and view selection is internal only. I seemed to have had this particular issue with the previous version so I can substitute other views into the config but I am curious as to why this is happening?

I have also noted that I have lost the on screen display for certain parameters, brakes on/off, stall, overspeed etc even though they are selected in the display and control menu for FSX. Any thoughts on this that is are they related?

rolandalder
February 24th, 2017, 04:26
Sorry for hijacking, but it seems that in the new version the small exhaust flames have disappeared.....
Have installed the effect files in the correct folder and everything else works perfectly. Any ideas?
Thank you
Roland

mgchrist5
February 24th, 2017, 04:35
Magnificent! I really enjoy night flying in FS, so the red/florescent panel lighting is a very welcome addition.

Quick question to some of the repainters around here - didn't someone do an Allegheny Airlines repaint for this bird? I checked the SOH library and all the usual sources, but came up with nothing other than a paint for the old MAAM DC-3. My memory must be failing me..

Thanks again for this great gift to the community.

ncooper
February 24th, 2017, 04:42
Now a quick question. I am aware this is still a Beta. On my FSXA I seem to have a conflict withe camera views overriding the normal view selection menu keys F9, F10, F11 and F12. On load I get the VC but selection of the other F keys normally controlling the external view (locked spot) and map are overridden and view selection is internal only. I seemed to have had this particular issue with the previous version so I can substitute other views into the config but I am curious as to why this is happening?

I have also noted that I have lost the on screen display for certain parameters, brakes on/off, stall, overspeed etc even though they are selected in the display and control menu for FSX. Any thoughts on this that is are they related?

Hello,

My guess is that any camera views added to an aircraft.cfg file override those in the master camera.cfg file.
The camera views are a matter of choice, I think.
I have EZDock2 to move my view to exactly where I want it and choose to delete all the camera view entries from the aircraft.cfg file.
You might choose to do something similar.

I can't think that the aircraft model can have anything to do with the on screen messages, which are controlled by the fsx.cfg file.
You might review the settings in that.

billhuntsman
February 24th, 2017, 05:28
Thanks to all involved in this update. I love the night lighting and the new checklist is a definite improvement.

This thread seems to be turning into a feedback thread, so I'd like to add mine. I hope that fixing the altimeter is on the list for the final update. Although the knob does change the reading, the displayed numbers do not match the correct pressure. It would be nice to be able to set the barometer without pressing the B key. Also, the numbers in the Kollsman window are slightly cut off by the right edge. I gave similar feedback for the first beta version and I got a response that the altimeter was proving difficult. I hope the team can be successful for the next update.

Thanks.

Bill

rolandalder
February 24th, 2017, 05:33
Sorry for hijacking, but it seems that in the new version the small exhaust flames have disappeared.....
Have installed the effect files in the correct folder and everything else works perfectly. Any ideas?
Thank you
Roland

Sorry, forgot about David Robles smoke effects I had installed with v2. Have added the additional entries in the aircraft.cfg and all's well now, exhaust flames are back.

Penz
February 24th, 2017, 06:00
It's because of the "HotKeySelect=X" entries in camera definitions 1, 3 and 12 in "aircraft.cfg". If you remove those 3 lines you will have your normal views assigned to the F keys.

Example Cameradefinition.1:

[Cameradefinition.1]
Title=CA Left Engine
Guid = {3DACE89C-59EE-4a9e-A868-3CB8EF1E41F7}
Description =
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.7
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=40
HeadingPanRate=60
PanAcceleratorTime=0
InitialXyz=-0.23, 0.0, 0.27
InitialPbh=32, 0, -100
// HotKeySelect=2

alain0568
February 24th, 2017, 07:39
Hello Rolandalder (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/member.php/112160-rolandalder)

-can you specify the entries you added in the aircraft file to see the exhaust flames?
Thank you!

Alain

-

MZee1960
February 24th, 2017, 14:16
I decided that the V2 startup red flame, spark and smoke effects were just too good to forget ....... so I 'reincarnated' them into the latest and greatest V3.14.

Cheers,
MZ

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/02/25/Dwm2017-02-2415-16-55-10.th.jpg (http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GOKg) http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/02/25/Dwm2017-02-2415-16-58-34.th.jpg (http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GOKl) http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/02/25/Dwm2017-02-2415-17-01-73.th.jpg (http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GOKn) http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/02/25/Dwm2017-02-2415-17-05-10.th.jpg

(http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GOK1)

Ian Warren
February 24th, 2017, 14:30
I was lucky enough to see a Mount Cook airlines DC-3 really have an issue trying to start, it is an impressive site when it finally kicks in , then not then yes .. obviously just out from a engine overhaul .. run the engine for ten or so minutes and then shut it down.

MZee1960
February 24th, 2017, 14:35
.... A bit more silver, spark, shine and smoke in the sun. Thank-you to the development team and painters for this beauty.

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/02/25/Dwm2017-02-2415-17-08-37.jpg

Cheers,
MZ

MZee1960
February 24th, 2017, 15:05
Thank you
Roland

Hi Roland, hope this helps .........

My C-47 V3.14 Beta FSX Installation Summary with V2 Startup Smoke and Spark Effects :
__________________________________________________ ________________________

1) I placed the 'Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14' folder in FSX 'Airplanes' folder.

2) In FSX 'Effects' folder I added these files: fx_c47parajump.fx, fx_Cranky_DC3_TFF.fx**, fx_engstart_C47.fx** and fx_vclight_c47v3.fx .

3) In FSX 'Effects' folder, there is a 'texture' folder to which I added the 2 textures for the parajumpers (fx_C47para1 and fx_C47para2) , and startup red flame textures (fx_TFF_Red_Flame_2b**) .

**NOTE** :
The 'fx_Cranky_DC3_TFF.fx' , 'fx_engstart_C47.fx' , and the startup red flame textures (fx_TFF_Red_Flame_2b) are from the V2 download available here : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=34&linkid=17656

(http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=34&linkid=17656)

BendyFlyer
February 24th, 2017, 23:12
[QUOTE=Penz;1069260]It's because of the "HotKeySelect=X" entries in camera definitions 1, 3 and 12 in "aircraft.cfg". If you remove those 3 lines you will have your normal views assigned to the F keys.

Thanks

That fixed the problem and I deleted the cfg file and let FSX do a rebuild on that which fixed the other bug of menus etc not showing. All good.

AussieMan
February 25th, 2017, 03:50
Been waiting a while for this aircraft. Unfortunately tonight when I went to print the manual everything printed properly except for the images on pages 22, 23, 24, 26, 31 and 33. Any help as to why this has happened would be much appreciated.

gray eagle
February 25th, 2017, 05:25
Curious: On your note did you have to make any entries to the effects section of the V3.14 aircraft.cfg? From a comparison between the old and new versions, the fx_Cranky_DC3_TFF.fx file
looks to be the same. I grabbed the old V2 files and put them in the effects folder and looks to be smoky alright, but I also added that fx_TFF_Red_Flame_2b to the textures and switched
to dusk to see the exhaust flames - didn't see them am I missing something here?

Edit: I think I found the solution, I didn't add the old V2 fx_engstart_C47.fx, that seems to add the short duration of flames from the exhaust on startup. I wish the duration of the flames could of lasted a bit longer.

Hi Roland, hope this helps .........

My C-47 V3.14 Beta FSX Installation Summary with V2 Startup Smoke and Spark Effects :
__________________________________________________ ________________________

**NOTE** :
The 'fx_Cranky_DC3_TFF.fx' , 'fx_engstart_C47.fx' , and the startup red flame textures (fx_TFF_Red_Flame_2b) are from the V2 download available here : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=34&linkid=17656

(http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=34&linkid=17656)

scotth6
February 25th, 2017, 06:38
Scotth6,
Thanks for the reply. Oh, now I get it. I had to add the line to the cfg file and now I have the beacon light. Radios work too. I notice that the switch on the Pilots overhead panel called Cockpit Lights does not work. Does yours? The new red and fluorescent lighting looks great.
Thanks
Howard

Hi Howard,

Do you mean the switch labelled Cabin Lights? The rotary switch labelled as "Cockpit Lights" is the one controlling the red cockpit lighting. Mine is working. The "Cabin Lights" switch functions, but I don't think it actually has any effect.

Cheers,

scotth6
February 25th, 2017, 06:53
Been waiting a while for this aircraft. Unfortunately tonight when I went to print the manual everything printed properly except for the images on pages 22, 23, 24, 26, 31 and 33. Any help as to why this has happened would be much appreciated.

Hi Pat,

It sounds as if some of the images are printing OK, but not the ones you mention. Could you specify the problem a bit more? Do the images not print at all, or do they appear faded? Does only a part of the image print? I don't currently have my printer installed, but I can check it out when I'm back at work on Monday, if no one else beats me to it.

Cheers,

MZee1960
February 25th, 2017, 09:41
Hi, @grayeagle,

Glad to see all is working well now.
Yes, the 'fx_Cranky_DC3_TFF.fx' , 'fx_engstart_C47.fx' , and the startup red flame textures (fx_TFF_Red_Flame_2b) are from the V2 download - everything else is from the latest V3.14.
Even though two files (from two different versions/repaints) sharing the same name, whatever they may be (effect, texture), are of the 'same size' , doesn't necessarily mean they are going to translate to the same result.

Cheers,
MZ..

MZee1960
February 25th, 2017, 10:25
.... and looking nice in the new V3.14 .

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/02/26/Dwm2017-02-2513-11-42-24.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/02/26/Dwm2017-02-2513-11-45-86.jpg

Penz
February 25th, 2017, 12:39
I hacked the green interior from the base 3.12 package, but the blue is very nice as well!

Is that one available anywhere?

AussieMan
February 25th, 2017, 13:29
Hi Pat,

It sounds as if some of the images are printing OK, but not the ones you mention. Could you specify the problem a bit more? Do the images not print at all, or do they appear faded? Does only a part of the image print? I don't currently have my printer installed, but I can check it out when I'm back at work on Monday, if no one else beats me to it.

Cheers,

Hi Scott,

The images are extremely faded. I will try to scan the faulty pages today.

EDIT: Here is a scan of page 22. The rest mentioned in my initial post are similar.

DCA1161
February 25th, 2017, 23:55
I must do something wrong, but I am not satisfied with the performance ofthis plane.
I have change the payload to get it within limits and to get the CGforwards, but still with RPM 2050 and MP 3000 my max speed at 6500 ft is 128kn. (see screenshot Controle Panel).
The CG is 21.2%. In the aircraft.cfg I read: CG_forward_limit=0.11 and CG_aft_limit=0.28.Is there a relation between both?
Mixture: I have both engines on one leaver, but there is a big differencein a/f between both engines. During climb at one point 0.089 <-> 0.074.What can I do about that? During cruse I’m able to bring the difference back to0.084 <-> 0.074.
Carbheat: In V3.12 carbhead was needed below -5°. I now get a warning at +6°??
I love this plane, so please tell my what to do.
Roy

mjahn
February 26th, 2017, 00:50
DCA1161

I must do something wrong, but I am not satisfied with the performance ofthis plane.
I have change the payload to get it within limits and to get the CGforwards, but still with RPM 2050 and MP 3000 my max speed at 6500 ft is 128kn. (see screenshot Controle Panel).
The CG is 21.2%. In the aircraft.cfg I read: CG_forward_limit=0.11 and CG_aft_limit=0.28.Is there a relation between both?
Mixture: I have both engines on one leaver, but there is a big differencein a/f between both engines. During climb at one point 0.089 <-> 0.074.What can I do about that? During cruse I’m able to bring the difference back to0.084 <-> 0.074.
Carbheat: In V3.12 carbhead was needed below -5°. I now get a warning at +6°??
I love this plane, so please tell my what to do.
Roy

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the pics, but could you also add a screenshot of Shift-4 Monitor, because there are many more parameters on that display, especially regarding the somewhat puzzling mixture and f/a values. (Also check for yourself by selecting engine #2 in particular.) Next, check whether you are actually on automixture. Try setting mixture to AR and then AL via the actual VC levers. They should snap to the detents, not move continuously .

As far as speed is concerned, 142 is a tad low but there is plenty of room for you to up pitch and throttle for more MP and still stay within cruise limits.

The other questions I leave for the rest of the team.

banjoman1960
February 26th, 2017, 01:35
on my setup mix is still the same..............

Penz
February 26th, 2017, 03:34
I hacked the green interior from the base 3.12 package, but the blue is very nice as well!

Is that one available anywhere?
OK, found the blue interior on fs2000.org. Actually I found two, both by hanimichal, strangely they are not here in the SOH library.

http://www.fs2000.org/2016/07/28/fsx-c-47-v3-virtual-cockpit-repaint-grey-blue/
http://www.fs2000.org/2016/07/28/fsx-c-47-v3-virtual-cockpit-repaint/

gray eagle
February 26th, 2017, 04:59
Where and how did you make a green and blue cockpit?

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/02/26/Dwm2017-02-2513-11-42-24.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/02/26/Dwm2017-02-2513-11-45-86.jpg

Penz
February 26th, 2017, 05:36
Where and how did you make a green and blue cockpit?

The blue can be downloaded from fs2000.org, like I wrote just above your post. Link:

The green cockpit is the stock 3.12 one. You need these files from the "texture" folder of the 3.12 version:

noseout.dds
padding.dds
padding3.dds
padding4.dds
padding_top.dds
panel_1a.dds
panel_2a.dds
vvc_1.dds
vvc_10.dds
vvc_11.dds
vvc_2.dds
vvc_3.dds
vvc_4.dds
vvc_5.dds
vvc_6.dds
vvc_7.dds
vvc_8.dds
vvc_9.dds

Make a folder with these files and name it "texture.greenint" and place this folder in your C-47 v 3.14 folder. Use it the same way as the blue one, with a modified "texture.cfg" file for the liveries you want to use it with. It should look like this:

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\texture.greenint
fallback.2=..\texture
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Texture
fallback.4=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

gray eagle
February 26th, 2017, 06:45
Well, I think I copied the files and did the other things you said to do but I have black windshield and gauges.

https://s23.postimg.org/vdhannuyj/black.jpg

https://s21.postimg.org/m465vgndz/files.jpg

[fltsim]

fallback.2=..\texture

And the result is shown above ^ I know I must of missed something.

The blue can be downloaded from fs2000.org, like I wrote just above your post. Link:

The green cockpit is the stock 3.12 one. You need these files from the "texture" folder of the 3.12 version:

noseout.dds
padding.dds
padding3.dds
padding4.dds
padding_top.dds
panel_1a.dds
panel_2a.dds
vvc_1.dds
vvc_10.dds
vvc_11.dds
vvc_2.dds
vvc_3.dds
vvc_4.dds
vvc_5.dds
vvc_6.dds
vvc_7.dds
vvc_8.dds
vvc_9.dds

Make a folder with these files and name it "texture.greenint" and place this folder in your C-47 v 3.14 folder. Use it the same way as the blue one, with a modified "texture.cfg" file for the liveries you want to use it with. It should look like this:

[fltsim]

fallback.2=..\texture

Penz
February 26th, 2017, 07:51
I think you misunderstood what to do with the modified "texture.cfg".

It must replace "texture.cfg" in the texture folder for the aircraft variant you wish the green cockpit to appear in.

You should NOT copy the green VC texture files anywhere else but "texture.greenint", nor should you change any texture assignments in "aircraft.cfg". The green VC folder is just added to the fallback path via "texture.cfg" and given a higher priority than "texture" where the stock 3.14 VC textures reside.

Alky
February 26th, 2017, 07:55
Incredible piece of work. Congrats to the whole team that worked so hard to produce this beauty!! :applause:

gray eagle
February 26th, 2017, 09:50
It works now, I think the last line fallback.4 may not of been included in the file.
Thanks for your help :encouragement:

Once I can figure out the logic used then I can press on and make the changes happen.....:adoration:

[fltsim]

fallback.2=..\texture

I think you misunderstood what to do with the modified "texture.cfg".

It must replace "texture.cfg" in the texture folder for the aircraft variant you wish the green cockpit to appear in.

You should NOT copy the green VC texture files anywhere else but "texture.greenint", nor should you change any texture assignments in "aircraft.cfg". The green VC folder is just added to the fallback path via "texture.cfg" and given a higher priority than "texture" where the stock 3.14 VC textures reside.

Penz
February 26th, 2017, 10:05
Happy to hear that gray eagle! :ernaehrung004:

gray eagle
February 26th, 2017, 10:12
Could I get a copy of you nice blue cockpit please?

gray eagle
February 26th, 2017, 10:18
So the blue cockpit you used is the same shade that is from here?

Btw: nice Orbx scenery of Monterey Bay...

http://www.fs2000.org/2016/07/28/fsx-c-47-v3-virtual-cockpit-repaint/

Hi Penz,

I used the 'virtual-cockpit-repaint-grey-blue' in my picture from my sim here. The other is also nice, but comes out a bit 'too pale looking' in my sim.

Cheers,
MZ.

gray eagle
February 26th, 2017, 10:46
Roger that! Thanks.

Hi Penz,

I used the 'virtual-cockpit-repaint-grey-blue' in my picture from my sim here. The other is also nice, but comes out a bit 'too pale looking' in my sim.

Cheers,
MZ.

ncooper
February 26th, 2017, 10:50
With apologies, it's the forum moderator (not here) in me.

Having just read a complete repeat of useful advice already given further back in post 37 and onwards among the 104 posts,
I have taken the liberty of starting a new topic HERE (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/104728-Update-Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3-14-feedback-and-support-topic?p=1069662#post1069662)

Please give any feedback or ask for any advice there, instead of here, where it is clearly already getting lost.

If any of you with support requests already buried here would care to copy them to the new topic, it will make it much easier
for those of us who may be able to answer them to find them.

Many thanks.

strykerpsg
February 26th, 2017, 15:36
What are the chances this beautiful war bird could be made into the AC-47 or the turbo Gooney? Really getting into a WWII and Vietnam era flying with so many new releases of classic war birds. The turbo Gooney would be great for the Antarctic flights and the fantastic scenery released by Aerosoft a few years back.

Portia911
February 26th, 2017, 16:38
What are the chances this beautiful war bird could be made into the AC-47 or the turbo Gooney? Really getting into a WWII and Vietnam era flying with so many new releases of classic war birds. The turbo Gooney would be great for the Antarctic flights and the fantastic scenery released by Aerosoft a few years back.

Like this, you mean?
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/66133-Basler-BT-67-FSX-(freeware-5th-July)?highlight=Basler+Jahn

scotth6
February 26th, 2017, 23:42
Hi Scott,

The images are extremely faded. I will try to scan the faulty pages today.

EDIT: Here is a scan of page 22. The rest mentioned in my initial post are similar.

Hi Pat,

I have printed out the manual at work today, and it did print normally for me. It seems there might be an issue with your printer or even printer settings.

Possible causes that could be considered are: Empty or low ink cartridge(s), blocked nozzle(s) on printer head, incorrect/unsuitable settings (print quality, colour, page alignment). I would suggest running a few maintenance procedures on your printer to clear any blockages etc and run a test print. You should also check how the affected pages are appearing in the print preview.

Hope you get it sorted.

Cheers,

Scott

strykerpsg
February 27th, 2017, 00:35
Like this, you mean?
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/66133-Basler-BT-67-FSX-(freeware-5th-July)?highlight=Basler+Jahn

That exactly, but all the links are dead. Is this beauty hosted at Sim-Outhouse or elsewhere? After a quick search...only found repaints. Nice repaints but no aircraft download, unless I searched incorrectly. The person that made her seems to no longer have a website either.

AussieMan
February 27th, 2017, 00:38
Thanks for that Scott. Actually I only purchased the printer less that 2 weeks ago and that was the first colour print I had done. Previously I had only printed about 6 pages .... all in black print. I will check the print density and see if that helps.

mjahn
February 27th, 2017, 00:51
That exactly, but all the links are dead. Is this beauty hosted at Sim-Outhouse or elsewhere? After a quick search...only found repaints. Nice repaints but no aircraft download, unless I searched incorrectly. The person that made her seems to no longer have a website either.

I happen to be the person that made her, and she is available at Flightsim.com:

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=search&fsec=0&fname=basler_bt67_v2.zip

Another Turbo version as used by the SAAF goes by the name of Braddick and is also hosted by Flightsim.

AussieMan
February 27th, 2017, 01:11
Hi Pat,

I have printed out the manual at work today, and it did print normally for me. It seems there might be an issue with your printer or even printer settings.

Possible causes that could be considered are: Empty or low ink cartridge(s), blocked nozzle(s) on printer head, incorrect/unsuitable settings (print quality, colour, page alignment). I would suggest running a few maintenance procedures on your printer to clear any blockages etc and run a test print. You should also check how the affected pages are appearing in the print preview.

Hope you get it sorted.

Cheers,

Scott

Scott I did most of the suggestions you made. No nozzle blockage ans all other pages but the ones I nominated above printed perfectly.

The printer is an Epson Workforce WF 3640 series. Will keep checking.

Set it up in a PDF reader and also exported it as a Word.DOC file. and here are the results. Even in print preview the wrd.doc looks like the print I previously printed. Might try a different PDF reader other than the Corel one I am using at present.

DCA1161
February 27th, 2017, 03:02
MJAN,thanks for your replay. I tried what you suggested with the mixture. They snapto the detents. With my Saitek throttle quadrant also nicely to AR and AL, butnot to full rich and Idle (and I am not the only one with this).
Quote from the manual: “Typical economy cruise power setting is 30”/2050 RPM,which should give you a speed between 140-150 KIAS.”
That was true for the V3.12, but not for this plane. With above settings I getabout 130 KIAS. My throttles are at 76%, and with the same settings in V3.12 at54%. I don’t think that adding more throttle is the answer. I could change thepower_scalar, but I would like advice from the team first. Again I am not theonly one with these remarks.
As you requested I add a screenshot of the monitor made with the same flying conditions.I hope it’s useful.
Roy

scotth6
February 27th, 2017, 03:09
Hi Pat,

Well that would rule the printer out, which is a good thing. Give Adobe Acrobat Reader a try. That's what I always use to open PDFs, and it's what I used at work today. I didn't even open the file today when I printed it, just right clicked and chose print. The PDF was also produced using Adobe reader, so that should work better. I would suggest you install Adobe Acrobat Reader and then open the document and choose a print preview to see if the problem is gone.

Strange that it only affects some pages though.

Cheers,

banjoman1960
February 27th, 2017, 04:27
you can try to use the old 1.4airfile and cfg from 3.12,because the more power...........

or change this back to 7000 it is now at 100,not as real,but...............

[piston_engine]

critical_altitude= 7000 //100 reduced to match 1" decrease per 1000 ft still matching MAPs at critical altitudes //Altitude to which the turbocharger will provide max design manifold pressure (feet)

i think the new one is more as the real plane,but i can´t tell.........

griphos
February 27th, 2017, 05:26
Roy, the pic of the monitor shows you are getting 140 kts TAS at the usual settings. So you are within the expected range. I made an error in the manual and wrote KIAS, when, of course, increased altitude will decrease IAS.

mjahn
February 27th, 2017, 05:28
MJAN,thanks for your replay. I tried what you suggested with the mixture. They snapto the detents. With my Saitek throttle quadrant also nicely to AR and AL, butnot to full rich and Idle (and I am not the only one with this).
Quote from the manual: “Typical economy cruise power setting is 30”/2050 RPM,which should give you a speed between 140-150 KIAS.”
That was true for the V3.12, but not for this plane. With above settings I getabout 130 KIAS. My throttles are at 76%, and with the same settings in V3.12 at54%. I don’t think that adding more throttle is the answer. I could change thepower_scalar, but I would like advice from the team first. Again I am not theonly one with these remarks.
As you requested I add a screenshot of the monitor made with the same flying conditions.I hope it’s useful.
Roy

Thanks for the screenie, will study it closely. Obviously, something's seriously wrong with the mixture, f/a should stand at 0.74 ... you don't have Automixture ON in General Settings by any chance, have you?

Since you mention "others", is this a multiplayer session? (that's one of my prime suspects as of late).

On hardware levers only selecting AL and AR, that's intentional (and mentioned in Readme and Manual).

Adding more throttle the higher you get is standard RL procedure, however that's speaking from out of my comfort zone, so I'll leave any comment on that to Alexander.

strykerpsg
February 27th, 2017, 06:06
I happen to be the person that made her, and she is available at Flightsim.com:

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=search&fsec=0&fname=basler_bt67_v2.zip

Another Turbo version as used by the SAAF goes by the name of Braddick and is also hosted by Flightsim.

Thanks for the download link Manfred! I was suprised she's not hosted here as well, but hosted nonetheless she is on flightsim.com. Absolutely stunning model too.

Varhomol
February 27th, 2017, 06:23
Exellent update,thank guys!

AussieMan
February 27th, 2017, 13:16
Hi Pat,

Well that would rule the printer out, which is a good thing. Give Adobe Acrobat Reader a try. That's what I always use to open PDFs, and it's what I used at work today.
Strange that it only affects some pages though.

Cheers,

Ahead of you on the Acrobat reader Scott. Installed it last night and printed the offending pages with no problem. I originally installed the Corel PDF reader as it also allowed me to create PDFs. Will look deeper into Adobe.

BendyFlyer
February 27th, 2017, 13:52
[QUOTE=mjahn;1069589]

RE: the carb icing temps at +6, that as far as the real world is concerned would be a normal parameter. Carb Heat should always be selected in a carburettor fitted piston engine aeroplane with temps from +5 to -5 and below with and here is the stress point, VISIBLE MOISTURE PRESENT, that is cloud. So that parameter is correct as far as a real engine would behave. In the real world carburettor icing forms within the carburettor and is caused by the venturi affect through the throat which accelerates the air mass and hence reduces its temperature so if moisture is present it will being to form as ice within the carburettor, the application of carb heat introduces hot manifold air back into the carburettor. It will also change the MP reading slightly so if you see that as well you know it is working. Not sure how this is simulated in the FSX engine but they seem to have captured it ok as I have had engine failures in the sim from carb icing.

flewpastu
February 27th, 2017, 14:21
Not to hi jack this thread (not my intention), but ive been working on a repaint for Manfred's Basler with this repaint and was thinking that I would finish it and then do one in these colors for the Douglas C47.

Bill

WhiskeyEcho
February 27th, 2017, 23:07
Douglas C-47 v3 Livery Thread (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/101611-Douglas-C-47-v3-Livery-Thread)

DCA1161
February 28th, 2017, 04:14
BendyFlyer, Mjahn, Griphos and Banjoman1960, thanks for your replies and advice. I will use the other thread if I have more questions or remarks.
Roy

AussieMan
October 8th, 2017, 20:25
Sorry to dig this thread up after such a long time but I have searched through the forums but am unable to find the paint kit for V3.14 of the wonderful aircraft. Any help appreciated.

Alky
October 8th, 2017, 21:06
but am unable to find the paint kit for V3.14 of the wonderful aircraft. Any help appreciated.

I don't think there is a "3.14" paintkit. I use the 3.12 with help from the basepack that Gman made, it's on the home page under what's hot. Going to 3.14 is all in the texture.cfg and the aircraft.cfg Having the 3 different model files help in your preference of the C-47 style.

ncooper
October 8th, 2017, 23:51
Hello,

Try these two please.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=21686&catid=176

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=21662&catid=176

AussieMan
October 9th, 2017, 03:45
Thanks Nick.

supercub34lv
December 14th, 2017, 09:22
Great Job! Just started flying it and love it.

Any chance of skis?
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56333&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56334&stc=1

Floats would be pretty cool as well

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56335&stc=1

MrZippy
December 14th, 2017, 10:33
Best I could come up with is a Ver. 2 not the V.3.14. I did change the first pic because I forgot to add the ski textures to the Buffalo texture folder!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56339&stc=1

Alky
December 14th, 2017, 10:55
Best I could come up with is a Ver. 2 not the V.3.14.

You can change it to V.3.14 by adding these two lines in your aircraft.cfg and putting Manfred's model updates into the folder. I know because that's my repaint LOL

[fltsim.XX]

sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.5
model= C47_2

MrZippy
December 14th, 2017, 11:28
You can change it to V.3.14 by adding these two lines in your aircraft.cfg and putting Manfred's model updates into the folder. I know because that's my repaint LOL

[fltsim.XX]

sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.5
model= C47_2

Great repaint! I'm using it on my V.3.14 and it works fine. The paint shows well on the v.2 model but the textures on the panel make it blackish.

gaab
December 27th, 2017, 15:22
Hello,

Just for your information and (easy) fix in the next release.

The much more detailed error reporting of P3D V4 gives this message

error=Gauge/Script Error
Type: Gauge
Name: KeyEvent_SND_C47
Error: Invalid variable (missing : - did you forget a macro?): :WaitGreeting

Which I was able to track down to line 1324 of the gauge

Line 1324: if{ 1 (>L:Hello,enum) 0 (>:WaitGreeting) ==> Missing L

Thank you for this great aircraft !

Gérard

speedy70
January 6th, 2018, 06:07
Is there any news on the next release of this beautiful aircraft and a working Sperry autopilot that Dutch was working on?

Cheers Chris

ceo1944
January 8th, 2018, 01:15
Is there any news on the next release of this beautiful aircraft and a working Sperry autopilot that Dutch was working on?

Cheers Chris

Well, I can update you that I put together the code for the Sperry and passed it on. It needs to be integrated with the model and that's outside the scope of what I do. I know it's being worked on.

Dutch

Javis
January 8th, 2018, 08:25
Well, I can update you that I put together the code for the Sperry and passed it on. It needs to be integrated with the model and that's outside the scope of what I do. I know it's being worked on.

Dutch

Heya Dutch,

I sent you an email on 11/26/2017, didn't you get it ?...

cheers,
jan

ceo1944
January 8th, 2018, 15:44
Jan,

I just went looking and there it is. Somehow I missed it ... that was a crazy busy time what with getting FSCaptain 1.8 out before Christmas and other concurrent projects.

I'll reply shortly. Sorry for the delay.

Dutch

Heya Dutch,

I sent you an email on 11/26/2017, didn't you get it ?...

cheers,
jan

petesmiffy
January 11th, 2018, 16:28
First - thanks for a superb aircraft.

Now my problem. I am running P3dv4. I cannot change either the fuel or payload in the Status Panel (No2). I can get the load to change by left clicking but, as soon as I right click, it reverts to the default load. Clicking on the passengers or tanks has no effect. I am stuck with a payload of 6460 lbs and a fuel load of 4824 lbs.

Suggestions please.

Pete

mjahn
January 12th, 2018, 06:00
First - thanks for a superb aircraft.

Now my problem. I am running P3dv4. I cannot change either the fuel or payload in the Status Panel (No2). I can get the load to change by left clicking but, as soon as I right click, it reverts to the default load. Clicking on the passengers or tanks has no effect. I am stuck with a payload of 6460 lbs and a fuel load of 4824 lbs.

Suggestions please.

Pete

Suggestion, install Doug Dawson's dsd_p3d_fuel_dump_x64.dll gauge and let it replace its 32-bit equivalent via the panel.cfg. Then, in the Monitor panel, you can quickly dump (or add) fuel as needed.

Hansjoerg, the author of the original dll file that handled stuff like that, is no longer available, so it's unlikely we'll be able to update it to 64 bit.

petesmiffy
January 12th, 2018, 14:32
Suggestion, install Doug Dawson's dsd_p3d_fuel_dump_x64.dll gauge and let it replace its 32-bit equivalent via the panel.cfg. Then, in the Monitor panel, you can quickly dump (or add) fuel as needed.

Hansjoerg, the author of the original dll file that handled stuff like that, is no longer available, so it's unlikely we'll be able to update it to 64 bit.

Thanks for the suggestion but I still can't get it to work. However I can change things from the Vehicle Menu.
Once again thanks for this excellent aircraft.

Pete

guitar0633
January 12th, 2018, 14:39
Just thinking that I hadn't thought about this beauty still being Beta. So I have to ask Manfred or any of the team, are there new features coming for this incredible plane? Will there be a final 1.0 release?
If there will be new features, has the team got them already in mind and being worked on?

I would love to use that old style AP and have an option to turn the monitor AP controls off so the plane would only have the original AP in it. I'm afraid having the monitor there and so easy to use i might cheat, lol.

Just wondering what the team has in mind for the future as this awesome bird goes forward toward a final 1.0. I happened to see my old JF Legends of flight DC3 and installed it. I had not installed it since I switched computers long ago, and I like JF, but man oh man, it can't even TOUCH this awesome classic Manfred and the team have put together. It's nice alright, I mean, it's not horrible, but uh, I realized that this great DC3 C47 just can't be touched. For the 1 millionth time I'm sure, thank you all for such a gift to all simmers. This is obviously a labor of love for this great classic plane and to allow so many to enjoy it and spend hours in it is just about the nicest thing I can imagine. Just look on youtube at all the videos of it and how beloved it is. Just amazing.

speedy70
January 12th, 2018, 14:52
Hi Guitar read the above posts starting at 135.

Cheers Chris

guitar0633
January 12th, 2018, 15:57
Hi Guitar read the above posts starting at 135.

Cheers Chris

Thanks Chris, hadn't noticed that. I can't wait for the next update. I hope Manfred might let us know what else might be coming up with this baby.

CP1207
January 25th, 2018, 14:36
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but found the link on a balsa model airplane site of all places and thought it might be appreciated.
DC-3 for sale.

https://myaerometalproject.com/portfolio/dc-3d-n3006/

Brian_Gladden
January 25th, 2018, 14:57
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but found the link on a balsa model airplane site of all places and thought it might be appreciated.
DC-3 for sale.

https://myaerometalproject.com/portfolio/dc-3d-n3006/

WOW... Nice. Now where did I put that winning Powerball ticket?

speedy70
January 29th, 2018, 15:22
Hi Dutch Any news on progress?

Cheers Chris

mllgrennman
August 15th, 2018, 13:59
Ok I won't gush about how this plane could be payware...I'm sure it's been said excessively!

But I just upgraded from the last version...And now she won't do over 150 kts...

The last version was giving me 200 kts...all things being equal...(altitude, wind, weight, etc) and manifold pressure won't max out like before...

Any ideas?

mjahn
August 16th, 2018, 00:35
Ok I won't gush about how this plane could be payware...I'm sure it's been said excessively!

But I just upgraded from the last version...And now she won't do over 150 kts...

The last version was giving me 200 kts...all things being equal...(altitude, wind, weight, etc) and manifold pressure won't max out like before...

Any ideas?

The current version is 3.1406. I believe it can do well over 150 kts. 200 for a humble Dak would seem a bit much?

stansdds
August 16th, 2018, 01:52
The DC-3/C-47 had a maximum cruise speed of 180 KTAS, normal cruise speeds were more like 150 KTAS. 200 KTAS was the maximum speed for the type, not a cruise power setting.

warchild
August 16th, 2018, 02:30
Wonderful airplane. Flies beautifully and the parting comments when you end the flight are very refreshing..
Question!! How do i get floats????

Pere
August 16th, 2018, 04:29
Hola a todos, alguien podría poner el enlace a la actualización 3.1406 Solo tengo el 1405 y no puedo encontrar el último en ninguna parte, lo siento por mi inglés, use traductor, gracias

tgycgijoes
August 17th, 2018, 18:00
I have been flying this beautiful aircraft since it was first made available after having followed the threads from the very beginning. Flew V2 in the CBI theatre.
Virtually, I'm old but not that old LOL.

Question. I have been able to find some nice B-24 Lib shots of all glossy black Liberators and I posted by repaint of RED BALL EXPRESS here yesterday; a nice few of glossy black A-26 invaders, I just posted a pic of today's repaint here but try as I might, I have not been able to find ANY shots of the C-47's they used. Does anyone have/know where any are? I am waiting for my library to get me a copy of Ben Parnell's book which perhaps may have some of the C-47's. I like to add books to my library when I do research but alas it is out of print and at $147.00+ for a USED copy its a bit rich. I was very excited today to find out that "my favorite librarian" will get a copy for me from a source she found. There is a copy in the library at Fort Bragg but its for reference only and not check out. I think that mine is coming from the University of Georgia library. I'm not patient but I guess I have to wait. I found one picture online of a crew unloading but it looks like its OD not glossy black. LMK here if anyone has any pictures, please.:listening_headphone

Skyhawk18
August 18th, 2018, 14:22
Work in progress for Dakota Norway's DC-3. The history of LN-WND started in 1943. Basically the aircraft is a C-53, and she particpated during the invation dropping parashooters over Europe. From 1948 to 1969 she went into service with Finnair. Then she was used by the Finnish President until she was bought by a couple of Norwegian enthusiasts in 1985. Later the Dakota Norway fundation was established. (Preview of WIP). Thanks to Manfred for a beautiful freeware model, and for good advices for the shiny fuselage.

http://www.gunnarvm.com/WND/WND2.jpg

http://www.gunnarvm.com/WND/WND3.jpg

aeronca1
August 19th, 2018, 07:12
Thanks Manfred for one of the most beautiful freeware aircraft around. It has been sitting on my hard drive since it's release, but only flown a bit since I am one of those folks who have maybe one or two paints for each aircraft installed. Rare I know. The C-47 is awaiting a Rhodesian paint circa 1977 to 1980. I hope to see one eventually!

rmsjr1974
August 19th, 2018, 07:41
Hi all --

I have a YouTube channel that features videos of this wonderful aircraft being flown on VATSIM:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGVQitLSUHt6huOirNEYI4Q

You can also watch them live on Sunday & Friday evenings US time:
http://twitch.tv/slantalphaadventures

Enjoy!

YoYo
August 19th, 2018, 09:03
Hi Gunnar!
Sorry, I forgot about You... I was last week in Bergen :/. :ernaehrung004:
This skin reminds me my last picture :biggrin-new:

http://i.imgur.com/kv0Xsokl.jpg (https://imgur.com/kv0Xsok)

Skyhawk18
August 19th, 2018, 14:17
Hi YoYo
You should have been in Bergen one week earlier, when LN-WND visited Bergen. Then you would have had the opportunity to fly with her (like I did).
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=62888&stc=1

warchild
August 19th, 2018, 14:43
Work in progress for Dakota Norway's DC-3. The history of LN-WND started in 1943. Basically the aircraft is a C-53, and she particpated during the invation dropping parashooters over Europe. From 1948 to 1969 she went into service with Finnair. Then she was used by the Finnish President until she was bought by a couple of Norwegian enthusiasts in 1985. Later the Dakota Norway fundation was established. (Preview of WIP). Thanks to Manfred for a beautiful freeware model, and for good advices for the shiny fuselage.

http://www.gunnarvm.com/WND/WND2.jpg

http://www.gunnarvm.com/WND/WND3.jpg

you guys that can do bare metal are really bad for my self image and confidence..

Skyhawk18
August 19th, 2018, 14:58
Well, I got good help with the polished fuselage from Manfred, and from a study of how Gordon (gman) Madison did his Piedmont livery..:adoration:

Randy92
August 21st, 2018, 03:33
I have been searching all over the internet looking for a Portuguese air force C-47 repaint for the model by Manfred Jahn and Jan Visser.

So far I haven't found a downloadable file, but what i did find was the image below on Pinterest
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=62933&stc=1
The problem is that Pinterest doesn't give the source of the image or a reference to any website/location.

So my question here is, does anyone of you guys have this repaint on their drive or can someone guide me to the person/website that offers the repaint?

Regards,
Randy

FlyingsCool
February 7th, 2019, 18:35
Hi,

2 DC-3's are often parked at 2B1 Marstons Mills (very nice scenery here at SOH of the airport btw). Somebody has already done one of them, N137PB, Anyone up for the other N61981? All white fuselage with blue and white stripe over the windows with gold trim and gray(?) wings with bare engine nacelles. A search for the N-number will bring up a bunch of pictures of her.

I'm gonna try myself, but you guys are better than me, thought somebody might like to do it.

Edit: I just noticed, they did N139PB, and lamented it's not flying. There are plenty of pics of N137PB in those colors and I think she's still flying. Flightaware says she's owned by Christopher J Siderwicz out of Marstons Mills MA as of May, 2017. Guess I can update the N-number on that paint too to get it current.

And turns out N61981 is the old N35PB

Oh well, based on the site below, N137PB was repainted in October of last year :(

A nice pic of the interior of N61981 is there :)

https://www.sunshineskies.com/pbadc3now.html
(https://www.sunshineskies.com/pbadc3now.html)