PDA

View Full Version : Feeble FSX flyby sounds

vmx12
February 20th, 2017, 17:54
Hello,

I posted on this topic nearly two years ago but am thinking two years later might bring new technological advances/solutions to the same question.

Has anyone had luck increasing the low volume output when in flyby mode?

When I first installed FSX Gold, thew sounds were pretty decent - particularly with some of advanced payware aircraft.

(It seems my flyby sounds may have become corrupted when I installed a "certain" payware aircraft which I don't want to name in this public forum. The manufacturer sent me a dll fix bt it dind't fix the issue.)

I therefore uninstalled all payware aircraft and then FXS Gold and re-installed Gold - no payware aircraft have been re-installed yet.

I also have an intermittent cracking sound when flying in flyby mode.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

napamule
February 21st, 2017, 22:32
When I am recording a video of Instant Replay (either FSX or FSRecorder) in FlyBy view I open a window with '[' key. Click on that window. Then use 'S' key to change 'view' (AND SOUND) from cockpit, to locked spot, etc. The sound will be different in each 'view'. So when in FlyBy view I can 'hear' the engine sound as it sounds in locked spot view, yet be flying in FlyBy view. Get it?

You can resize the window to postage stamp size and then position it in the upper right corner (which is what I do) to place it out of the way. You can leave the window there when you fly. Having it there, resized, saves time when I go do an instant replay in FlyBy view. Once replay starts I click on that window to get louder sound. If you use FSRecorder use 'Shift+S' (as a work around) to change views when playing back instant replay as FSRecorder takes the 'F' keys and 'S' key for it's own use. When you are done with instant replay (and recording) click on main FSX window to return 'focus' to FSX (to get menu, etc). Hope this helps.
Chuck B
Napamule
PS: As far as crackling sound: FSX uses Windows sound so you may have to do a Windows Repair to re-install the correct Windows Sound Driver / Controller that payware changed or modified (VERY RUDE! BAD KARMA! JERKS!). Only way.