PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit info search

N101ST
February 9th, 2009, 06:32
Hello all! Scott here.:help:

Workin on the XA-38 project with Milton, and have been searchin for some info.

The aircraft has a "bomb panel". Although I havent found as good clear picture showing the exact content and text layout. I have found pics of similar panels, and concluded from bits and pieces that the content between all of them is similar. Arming, unlocking, release modes, salvos, warning lights, etc.

Does anyone have any good pics, (or manual pages?), of of any "bomb panel" that I could use as reference? Any would do but an attack aircraft, (bombs under wing), would be closest to what the Grizzly would have looked like. As any pics or records of the Grizzly exist, I can place and label these things as I would find appropriate with out concern for actual switch locations.

BTW...anyone with info regarding placard text found in WWII era fighter/bomber cockpits would be invaluable as well! Looks like there were a lot of them! LOL!

Thanks for any help here

bearcat241
February 9th, 2009, 07:57
You guys would probably have to contact Hawker Beech Craft directly for this kind of data...hard to find in the public domain. But short of that, i would wager that it either shared the same bomb panel layout or had something very similar with the plane it was supposed to replace, the Douglas A-20 Havoc. You can get a better idea of the A-20 cockpit here: http://uscockpits.com/A-E.html

N101ST
February 9th, 2009, 14:40
Thanks for the reply!

Yep. I think I see the panel in the A20 pic, (Lower right...last pic), but too small to read.

I dont think this needs to be the actual pic of the Beech bomb panel. I m guessing all of them were similar and had the same functions. Only the arrangement of the switches would be different.

Milton just sent me a better pic that shows what each switch is called. So I just need to see what text would be found on each of the switches. (on...off...armed...safe..etc?). For example, there is one called a "cannon loading selector switch"

Thanks again!

Milton Shupe
February 9th, 2009, 20:14
Here is the switching arrangement in question, and in need of authentic-like supporting text naming each. Primary question is on # 3, 13, 14, 15 switch groups..

BTW, we hope to share some WIP screenies soon. Scott is doing a great job with the VC textures now that the modeling and mapping phases are done.

Milton Shupe
February 9th, 2009, 20:21
You guys would probably have to contact Hawker Beech Craft directly for this kind of data...hard to find in the public domain. ... snipped

Bearcat241, any idea how one might do that and if they have been receptive to other requests?

Thanks

bearcat241
February 9th, 2009, 22:29
I don't have a clue about the channels to work Milt, but i once worked in aerospace production and i'm sure Engineering and/or Public Relations could throw you some kind of bone if you ID yourself as a flightsim designer seeking to replicate an old design from their archives for a popular series like FS9/FSX.

Milton Shupe
February 10th, 2009, 04:16
Thanks Bearcat ... will give it a go. :jump:

sc7500
February 10th, 2009, 14:44
A quick Google of Milton's suggested contact yielded Beechcraft's Global Service and Support / Tech Publications website:

pubs.hawkerbeechcraft.com/

I'll wager that, if you ask them real nice, someone there will dig thru the stacks and help find what you're after... or at least point you in the right direction !

Good Hunting !

SC
:kilroy:

Milton Shupe
February 10th, 2009, 15:12
A quick Google of Morton's suggested contact yielded Beechcraft's Global Service and Support / Tech Publications website:

pubs.hawkerbeechcraft.com/

I'll wager that, if you ask them real nice, someone there will dig thru the stacks and help find what you're after... or at least point you in the right direction !

Good Hunting !

SC
:kilroy:

Oh Wow! Thanks SC. I am on it! :jump:

p14u2nv
February 10th, 2009, 15:25
please disregard/delete